Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:14:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 238
Total: 238

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Checking in...  (Read 8288 times)

Offline Trish

Checking in...
« on: July 11, 2006, 09:26:47 am »
Hi All,

I haven't been around much lately... I've been going through alot of changes since moving to KC.  KC is definitely not NY, but I am adjusting.  I found myself feeling homesick so this past Saturday I flew into JFK and now I am in my mom's house writing this message.  I have to type quickly cause I don't know how long my internet connection will hold out.  I'm on my laptop with a very, very weak wireless connection.  I keep losing it, I hope I get this off in time.

Anyway, it feels good to be back in Brooklyn... I've seen quite a few of my good friends and even disclosed to more people.  Most people know my status these days and I feel good about it.  Nobody knew I was coming back --- it was a last minute decision and I love surprising people, and boy, were they all surprised.  So far things are going well and I'm feeling much better.  I'll be going back home to KC this Saturday -- I MISS JOHN VERY MUCH.  But this was a much needed journey for me at this time because having left so abruptly a few months ago I felt that I left too many doors opened.  I didn't have any closure... the time was now that I needed to close those doors and be free to live my life in KC with John.

So, my reason for not being on the forums very much lately has been because I didn't want to piss & moan about being homesick -- although I know I could have, I just didn't want to be a baby.  I'm doing well and will report back when I get back to KC.  Like I said, my signal here is very low and I would hate to type a long winded post (as I usually do) and have it lost forever.

Will see you all soon.  And please know that I think of you all, everyday, and do check in on the forums as well.  Been reading, but not posting much.  I'll be back before long.

Love to you all...

Trish :-* :)
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline cubbybear

Re: Checking in...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:34:16 am »
Hey Trish, Im glad you haven't forgotten us, but do you really think we'd let you?  Not a chance.  I know what it's like to be homesick, I moved states 2 years ago and left everything behind all of a sudden, and for love.  I never regretted that decision, but it is good to go back and close those doors still ajar.  Hurry back to your man.

love and hugs
Matt

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 11:06:35 am »
Hey Trish....Glad to hear from you sweetie.  Hope Mom's doing ok....You mentioned KC...I'll be in Louisville in August...I bet you miss John something terrible.......  I know he must miss you.  Take care sweetie and keep in touch.

Hugs & Giggles
David
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:13:50 pm »
Trish,

glad you were able to go back and wrap up some unfinished business in NYC.  Funny how we get so used to seeing people on here, and wonder if everything is okay when suddenly there are no more posts!

Take care and travel safely,
John

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 07:14:02 pm »
Hi Trish

I can understand your need to go back and see family and friends, it will take a while but the home sickness will soon pass...I miss my friends in Aussie, but things get a little easier with time, I think the trick is to keep yourself busy.

I thought I would leave you with a little something my Grandmother used to say ...because you mentioned closing doors.

."When saying goodbye to friends never SLAM the door behind you, the door is much easier to open again when closed gently"

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 07:46:00 pm »
Trish,

I have missed you around here!  I hope you enjoy your trip, have fun with your family.

Love & hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Basquo

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 08:24:01 pm »
Good for you!  If you needed to go, well, then, you went.  You're in a place you love, and that's always comforting.  For the first few years I moved away from my hometown, I felt the need to party when I went back.  That was replaced by a feeling of anxiety later, thinking I was missing whatever was happening at my home here in Austin when I wasn't here.  Now I can go wherever and be comfortable, knowing that everything is fine at home and I will always return...no matter where home is. You have the advantage in that John is waiting for you when you return to your new home!  My beloved cat Corazon makes my returns worth it, but a warm body of human size would make so much difference!  I love you both very much, and can't wait to see you again.

Bien viaje,
Creighton

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 11:54:49 pm »
Hi Trish, good to hear from you.  Hope things go well in NYC.

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 12:59:06 am »
Hi Trish

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you are doing. Good for you for getting back home to NYC to see folks and say hello/goodbye. I just returned to Australia from the USA which was my home for my entire life. Saying goodbye to my family and friends in the States is always bitter sweet. I became an uncle again while in Calif. and have elderly parents there as well. I cherish my friends and family and am blessed to have people who love me wherever I travel.
John will keep the home fires burning until your return and welcome you as the divine, loving person you are.
I'll look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Big hugs
Paul

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 06:43:07 am »
Where would I be without you?
And where would you be without me?
Trapped in the arms of a second choice,
Forever envious of all, as we.

My need for you makes life special,
Because I live it for you.
Everything seems more possible,
And easier to get through.

Each hour is a new adventure,
Where, what awaits, no one knows.
Through friendship, tears and laughter,
We ensure our romance grows.

Even ordinary moments
Aren't the same any more.
Together we have so much
To plan, accomplish and explore.

Offline Trish

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 09:29:55 am »
 :-* for all of you...

Matt - the doors will never be fully shut, ajar they will stay.  It's nice reconnecting with my friends and I'll cherish those who support me in all that I do.  I really do have some wonderful friends, I just never really saw that in them until now.  Thanks for your words Matt.

David - Mom is A-OK, still working 9-5 the spunky lady she is, but hopefully she'll retire within the year.  She deserves a break.  My brothers are fine, and we're all going out to dinner this evening with my Uncle Hughie who is in from Florida (haven't seen him in a while), and I get to see my niece Cynthia too.  So I'm happy.  Thanks.  BTW, I almost forgot --- CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU IN MONTREAL, I'm happy you'll be there.  YAY!!!

JohnO - Thanks.  I'm wrapping up the unfinished biz and feeling much better & stronger than ever.  It's nice to come back home, but I've moved on in my life.  So much has changed for me and I'm looking forward to starting a new life.  I'm sure I'll come back again every now & then just to hug my mom, brothers and closest of friends.  Thanks again for your support.

Jan - Your grandma is a very wise woman and I shall heed her words.  I'll always leave the door ajar -- I could never slam it shut completely.  Thanks for all your love & support.  And I love your Grandmother too.

Alan - I've missed you too... In fact, I miss everyone here -- it's hard to stay away from you guys for too very long.  Can't wait to see you in Montreal.  Just to let you know, I still haven't lost any of that weight, but I still have time to do so.  How's it going on your part, you know, with our pact?

Creighton - Funny you mention feeling the need to party when going back home... I was worried those feelings would resurface.  Surprisingly, that urge has not hit me and I'm being a very good girl.  I'm confident I'll make it no matter where I go in life.  My partying days have taken on new meaning.  I can have fun without all the alcohol & drugs and actually remember the good times the next day.  Hope to see you in October. 

Shane - All is well in Brooklyn, NY.  Not much has changed so I haven't missed a thing really, except for missing my family & friends.  I can move on now, but I'll always carry the relationships I have here with me no matter where I go.  And Shane, I'm so looking forward to meeting you in Montreal -- you're gonna have the time of your life and make so many more new friends that you'll cherish for the rest of your life.  I'm so happy you'll be there.

John - my love and best friend.  That poem is beautiful and made my heart dance.  I miss you dearly and I'm counting down the hours now.  I feel like I did when I first got on a plane to meet you for the first time -- all those feelings, you know what I mean... I can't wait to hug you and spend the rest of my life with you.  I'll be home before you know it.  I LOVE YOU!

This has been a rewarding experience for me. Coming back to Brooklyn was what I needed and now I know I can move on to do all the things I've been setting out to do.  I feel renewed and my spirits are flying high.  I'm a new woman and I like her alot.  I've finally gotten to know who I am and this time I'll never lose her.

Thank you everyone for your responses and you can expect me to be more active on the forums in the future.  Well, as active as I can be, I've got other business to tend to when I get back to KC, but I'll always be checking in and never checking out. 

MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!

Trish :)
  (who is...  "A New Woman")
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 09:58:49 am »
 :-* To You, Trish,

Thankfully, all advise has been given by this incredible family, so I will just say, I missed you here, and thank you for being in the world and being the perfect person you have grown to be.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Trish

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 10:02:31 am »
Thanks Tim... and  :-* right back at you.

You know Tim, I owe you alot... you've helped me so much along the way since I first joined AM, and I'm so thankful that you are a part of my life.  I will cherish your friendship and love forever.  YOU THE MAN!!!  Love you lots.  See you in August. ;D

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 10:07:52 am »
Hi there, girlie...

You continue to amaze me with this 'soul journey' that you are on! When I think about the incredible changes you have made this year, the way you leapt toward positive change, (and love), I am in awe.

Trishie, thanks for sharing your life with us as you do.

With much love, honey

Zephie :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Teresa

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 03:24:59 pm »
Trish,

I too have missed you! Have missed reading your posts and the inspiration that i get from you. You are one of the amazing women here at the forum.

I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your family and friends and have a safe journey home!

Since we are so close im hoping to meet you and John someday!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Trish

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 03:33:16 pm »
Thanks Zeph, you go that right -- all positive changes.  Well worth all the trials and tears.  I'm coming out ahead and it was worth the extra fight.  Love ya!

Teresa - thank you so much for your kind words, they really mean alot to me.  When I get back to KC, John & I will be in touch and hopefully we can come see you and hubby.  I would love to meet the both of you.  I hope hubby is doing well these days.  Much love to you both.

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
Re: ...
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 05:49:41 am »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 09:12:41 am by richfinsm »
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 09:54:40 am »
52 hours and 47 minutes......I need a smoke :P

Offline Trish

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 10:00:04 am »
Me too honey... ;) :-*

Offline Trish

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 10:05:15 am »
Hey Rich,

Love you too dahlin'!!!

It's wonderful to see you up & about.  I've missed you and seeing your smiling face here.  Great having you back.

When I get back to KC, John & I will call you to make a road trip and on the way we hope to stop in Wichita to see Teresa and her hubby, if they're up to it.

Talk to you soon,

Hugs,

Trish

Offline The Canuck

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 01:15:13 pm »
Trish,

I'm a bit late for replying...but what the heck..I reply anyway.  :D

I'm sure you are missing John but going to NYC was a good move if you felt homesick. While in NYC you are possibly starting to feel homesick again ( about KC ) so it's all good as you'll be fully energized when returning ( be careful John ). You'll be back in NYC soon anyway before leaving for Montreal.

Oh..Trish honey...be careful with those cameras when you'll be back to KC.  ;D

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 02:40:38 pm »
I love you.

Hurry home

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.