Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:35:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 619
Total: 621

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: This is the hard part  (Read 5444 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
This is the hard part
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:40:18 pm »
Every year I stress about trying to find the right words to describe my AMG trip, and how seeing my old friends again makes me feel, so rather than stress myself out again this year I thought I would dedicate this post to the those who joined us for the first time...I know all my old buddies will understand and that they know the reason I keep coming back every year is because of them...they are such an amazing group.

Oscar it was a pleasure to meet you, such a good hearted man..I know who to turn to now when i need a baby sitter for my brood.. ;D

Sheri A beautiful lady with two beautiful little girls, Meena was a delight, and the only thing missing from Legacy was her wings..what an angel.

Snowangel So glad I got to spent time with you, it wasn't long enough of course, but the few hours we did spend together was worth it.

Will and Ethan I hope we get the chance to meet again.

LongIslander Tall, bald and very handsome and an added bonus to our gathering, it was an unexpected pleasure and I loved meeting you, I just wish we had more time together...hopefully next
time.

Last but not least bocker3 (mike) from the moment we met I knew we would be mates, the laughs we had with the gang, the Red Sox game...everything...but as a member of these forums I feel it's my duty to let everyone know..this man tells lies...20 blocks is not just round the corner, that is NOT a wee walk...just saying... ;).

Regardless of the lies I still miss you and hope we meet again or at least stay in touch.

I had a wonderful time in Boston and I have a wonderful group of friend to thank for that.

Hugs
Jan :-*
P.S...You know who still has me in the basement... ;D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Snowangel

Re: This is the hard part
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:54:43 pm »
Hi Jan-
Do I want to ask about the basement?  Does that mean you are still stateside?
It was very nice to meet you too, I had a lot of fun and I was actually suprised that we only got attitude from one person, I am sorry you were on the receiving end of it.  When I used to go when I was younger, people could be quite rude and we weren't asking for them for various objects. :-\

Thank you for being so kind and welcoming.
Have fun!
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:02:29 am »
Hi Snow

Yes I'm still Stateside and living in RAB's basement.

I wanted to slap that guy upside the head he was so rude,  we had kids with us otherwise I would have been more vocal than I was.. :D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:11:54 am »
Oh, that is cool.  You guys must be having fun.

I totally hear you, I have had to bite my tongue more than once because I had the rugrats with me. Mean people suck  :P

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:50:22 am »
Jan,

A big part of my decision to make the trip, even for one day, was to see if such a person as this anniebc seems to be, really does exist.  You're a lovely lady, and very real.  I'm glad I finally got to meet you.

Hopefully next time we'll be able to spend more time together. And thanks for carting my shirt around Boston! ;D

Enjoy the rest of your time with your dungeon master, and have a safe trip back home. I'm sure your family and animals are missing you as much as your AMG friends are already missing you.

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 08:04:03 am »
Last but not least bocker3 (mike) from the moment we met I knew we would be mates, the laughs we had with the gang, the Red Sox game...everything...but as a member of these forums I feel it's my duty to let everyone know..this man tells lies...20 blocks is not just round the corner, that is NOT a wee walk...just saying... ;).

Regardless of the lies I still miss you and hope we meet again or at least stay in touch.

Jan -- I, too, could tell we would take to each other right away.  You are our mother hen and you simply can't be shocked, no matter how hard we tried - you are indeed a sweet lady. 
However...........  I do have to defend myself -- you are exaggerating just a WEE BIT.  There were times when I said a 5 block walk was just a short one, but when we went 20 -- it was due to the herd of cats changing minds and causing us to walk back and forth and round and round.  Had we settled on a restaurant and kept that decision you would have seen more "truth" from me.  Of course, once I learned that being a farmer didn't mean you liked walking around a city, I did take care of you.  There are few people who can raise their hand outside Fenway Park, as a game lets out, and have a cab magically stop.  Yet somehow (don't ask how) I did manage that for you.   :D
Tell RAB that he had better take good care of you or a few people just might be paying him a visit to teach him how to treat a Lady (and I'll be sure to take the tall and handsome guy from Long Island with me)

Hugs
Mike

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 08:51:05 am »
Jan, as you were going Scottish on the founding father, Hubby gives me a shove from behind and said, "Hey, get in there and help!" Didn't look like you needed any help to me ::) I did have a sudden urge to pull down his nickers - wonder how many tickets he would've sold then ;D

As always, I had such a wonderful time with you. I had such an amazing time on Saturday.  Next year we will HAVE to plan a ladies' night out.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 11:09:01 am »
Jan You are an absolute jewel, you truly are one of the people I miss the most  :'(

Love
Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.