Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:03:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773196
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 426
Total: 429

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Oh, my love!!!  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
Oh, my love!!!
« on: September 22, 2006, 08:21:45 pm »
YAY!  I got back from the doctor!  He's so sweet, and dreamy.  As I gazed adoringly into his slowly reddening face, all I heard, through the whole appointment in that Charlie Brown sort of way was "wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, wa, anememia, wa, wa."

Oh, did he have any idea how cute he was as he kept slightly smiling at me and reddening by the moment...  I'm certain he didn't.  Dreamy.

If I wasn't so tired all the time, exhausted, I might have been able to tell him where I hang out, and that yes, it is in his neighborhood, and yeah, I like dogs.  Especially Labrador retrievers.  But no, I can't meet you today, you see, I'm too tired. :(

Maybe we'll figure this out after a few more tests. :)  I hope they do the throat swab next time....   

-joe

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Oh, my love!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:04:43 pm »
Joe..you are a very naughty boy, now go to your room, it's an early night for you young man ..oh and take the Doc with you, I'm sure he has a very good bedside manner... ;)

I hope you get the anaemia sorted out, have you had your bloods tested for iron and ferritin?.it could just be your stores are low.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:11:54 pm »
Joe..you are a very naughty boy, now go to your room, it's an early night for you young man ..oh and take the Doc with you, I'm sure he has a very good bedside manner... ;)

I hope you get the anaemia sorted out, have you had your bloods tested for iron and ferritin?.it could just be your stores are low.

Hugs
Jan :-*

Jan-

I was secretly worried that the humor in my post would be lost. :)  I'm glad you appreciated it.  Unfortunately, I've been taking 400 % of the daily recommended dosage of iron - two vitamins both morning and night, so dunno where this anemia thing came from.... dunno what's next... we'll have some more testing, I suppose.

I am smitten with my doctor, and he totally flirts back.  He told me that I was charming, to which I replied, "so are you, otherwise I'd have a female doctor right now."  Besides, he laughs at my humor. :)

But I know it can't go anywhere... unless he's no longer my provider, and two years have elapsed since my last visit.  I think I'll keep him as a doctor. :)  hot and smart...   "Do I want a lobotomy? Sure, Dr. Q, whatever you wanna do."

lol

:)

-joe
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:14:41 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 11:22:12 pm »
Hi Joe,

Keep up with the good humor!

Have the BEST Day!

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 02:25:29 am »
HeyStray

I've seen your Dr. Dreamy is an understatement.   I imagine him in his off hours playing rugby with the boys.  My favorite all-time Dr once offered me a free lobotomy.  Damn if he didn't die before I could call him in it.  (DAMN VIRUS!!)

Anyway, you mentioned you're taking like 400X the recommended daily dosage of iron. Are you taking Ferrous Sulfate?  They're 324mg tablets. They're OTC and come in a blue/white package from Kaiser.  Next time you're in the pharmacy look for the box.  I was really dragging my ass last spring and my numbers were bad but now I'm popping 2 of these a day and it helps.  Some.

robert

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.