Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:05:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 203
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: No CD4 yet  (Read 4114 times)

Offline pinoypositive

No CD4 yet
« on: June 03, 2012, 09:34:55 am »
Hello everybody!

I'm a nurse here in the Philippines. As a prerequisite for employment abroad, I underwent medical exam, and that is when I knew I have HIV. I tested positive for ELISA in March 29, and I have to wait for 3-4 weeks for my Western Blot result. It was the most excruciating wait of my life. I felt hopeless, helpless, and suicidal even. I was supposed to be out of the Philippines in April 12, but because of the ELISA result, it was cancelled.

I have waited and worked my ass off for more than three years in order for me to have a job abroad. And two weeks towards reaching that goal, it was suddenly gone. I cried and I cried, I wanted to die.

My western blot was released early May. I have read several blogs and forums over the internet which prove helpful in my struggle for emotional and spiritual recovery. My only problem now is the HIV hub in the city where I am enrolled in. The CD4 machine is under repair, so I still don't know yet when I'll have my CD4 exam (hopefully before June ends, I'll have my test). But right now, I exhibit no symptoms, and I'm continue leading a healthy lifestyle.

I'm also taking vitamins and supplements to boost my immune system.

I am into blog writing as well, as it helps me with my emotions. Here's the link and I hope you'll have time to read: http://pinoypositive101.blogspot.com/

I'm trying to document what I have gone through (the frustation, etc.), and how I battle all these day by day.

My being positive is quite recent, so i'm trying to read as many resources as I can, and listen to advice of HIV counselors, and fellow pozzies as well.

And I want to thank you all. Everybody's been helpful.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: No CD4 yet
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »
Welcome to the Forums,

I'm sorry you've joined us but I'm glad you found us all the same. :)

You write a great blog. I hope they get the CD4 machine fixed so you can get some lab results soon.

Regards,

MtD

Offline pinoypositive

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 12:49:12 am »
Hello,

Thanks! Reading info in this site helps me whenever i need info about something related to HIV.

If CD4 machine is still not fixed this month, I might go to Manila (Philippine's capital), and have my blood exam there. Although i pose no symptoms (except maybe for mild swelling of lymph nodes), i feel the need to know my health status. I believe that knowing will help alleviate stress, though i'm trying really hard to live a healthy lifestyle (enough sleep, vitamins and supplements, exercise, no smoking or drinking, etc.)

And thanks for reading my blog.

All the best!

Pinoy Positive

Offline Lad_Liam

• it's a hitchhiker, not a hijacker
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:23 pm »
Hi Pinoy
Sorry to hear your news, glad u found these forums.

Your blog is neat. I'm glad that you can still see a bright future for yourself and are making new friends and support networks.

You sound really on top of the medical side of things too, and that skill will benefit you.

Good luck, 8) :-* Liam
a new dark passenger joins the ride

Offline pinoypositive

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 01:52:34 am »
Hi Lad_Liam!

Thanks for the time reading my blog.

Well, everyday's a struggle. Yesterday, i just learned that my ex died last October 2011 due to meningitis. So that brings them to two; another one died this January 2012 due to liver abscess.

Both of them must have been undiagnosed AIDS cases.

I've written about it in: http://pinoypositive101.blogspot.com/2012/06/4-somewhere-over-rainbow.html

Rise in new HIV infections here in our country is really alarming.

Take care,
Pinoy Positive

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.