Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 376
Total: 376

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV oral and stupidity?  (Read 14338 times)

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
HIV oral and stupidity?
« on: November 07, 2010, 08:19:19 pm »
Hi, do you think i'm at risk of getting HIV from receiving unprotected oral sex from 2 different guys a couple of times each at different times(they went down on me without a barrier a few times each but I did NOT go down on them), open mouth kissing with each of them at different times, mutual masturbation and being fingered with them a few times, and with one of them, sitting on his penis(which was covered by his underwear and there was a wet spot i saw on his underwear likely from his semen or pre semen and i had no underwear on when i sat on it), then getting up and feling wet between my buttocks andthighs, and i also kissed the shaft of the other guy's penis without a barrier, and it felt dry and i didn't see any fluid on his shaft? I just gave him two quick pecks. am I at risk for HIV from ANY of these activities? Thanks.

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV oral and stupidity?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:08:04 am »
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV in the situations you've provided.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:06:07 am »
Protecting yourself against the sexual transmission of HIV is not a complicated matter. The only confirmed activities for sexual risk are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Use condoms for those activities and you will be well protected.

Receiving oral is one of the most common sexual acts and no guy has ever been confirmed to have been infected in that manner. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first. Kissing, rubbing penises, touching and all the various you mentioned, none of those are risks for HIV transmission.

There's no cause for further concern nor for HIV testing. We do suggest that anyone who is sexually active ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 12:20:57 pm »
I forgot to mention one more thing: i got some of his semen(or pre semen) on my index finger but I rubbed it off on his shirt then I touched my inner labia(labia minora) with that same finger a few seconds later. I think most if not all, or the semen should have been wiped off, but I didn't check to make sure. Stupid , I know, is this ANY more risk for HIV? or still no risk?

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
HIV and semen?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:22:27 pm »
 I got some of this guy's semen(or pre semen) on my index finger but I rubbed it off on his shirt then I touched my inner labia(labia minora) with that same finger a few seconds later. I think most if not all, or the semen should have been wiped off, but I didn't check to make sure. Stupid , I know, is this ANY risk for HIV? or still no risk?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »
GD,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

There's absolutely no risk in getting semen on your genitals.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once hiv is outside the body, small changes in temperature and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
Reason for worry? forgot?
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 04:21:09 pm »
I forgot to mention this bit, can someone tell me if this is risky for HIV? This is what has happeend to me so is this a risk for HIV: I have received unprotected oral sex from 2 different guys a few times each, French kissed them and a few other guys a couple of times each, sat on aguy's penis(which was covered by his underwear, which had a wet spot from his semen), and I had no underwear when I sat on it and after I got up, I felt wet around my inner thighs and buttocks; I kissed the shaft of a guy's penis without a barrier(gave him 2 quick pecks), and his penis felt dry when I kissed it and so did my lips after I did it, and I had fingering and mutual masturbation and got some semen on my index finger and wiped most, if not all, of the semen on his shirt(but I didn't see it either), and then i touched my inner labia(labia minora) with that same finger(it might have still been a bit moist from what i felt of it), and I also had an incident with him where I might have had some of his semen on my fingers and DIRECTLY touched my inner labia(labia minora). Is this risky for HIV, ANY of it? Why or why not? testing needed?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 04:51:05 pm »
I've again merged your latest thread with previous. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

You are so anxious that you don't seem to be really be paying attention to what is said to you here. Nothing you among the details which you have added on change the bottom line: nothing you did put you at risk for HIV transmission. Keep it simple: the only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

So his penis rubbing against you or his cum or pre cum dripping anywhere on you and whatever you have added, none of that is risky. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 05:40:51 pm »
Andy, sorry but I don't know how to merge the threads. how do you do this?

How is HIV transmitted sexually? is receiving unprotected oral sex considered sex? Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 06:03:02 pm »
You can't merge the threads. Only staff can do that. But all you have to do is locate your thread as you did now when you asked other questions and continue using that same thread for all your entries.

Read our lesson on transmission. There is a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Of course receiving oral is sex. But it is not a risk for HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 07:37:37 pm »
Andy, so you mean, keep going on the same thread?

I looked up HIV transmission and it says it's transmitted via unprotected anal or vaginal sex or performing oral sex(which is still rare). But receiving oral sex is like open mouth kissing, as  you're exposed only to saliva. Only if the performer has blood in his mouth is there a risk but why would anyone go down on you with blood in his mouth anyway? Thus, why it doesn't happen. Moreover, with air in the mouth all the time, and saliva, which is diluted with the blood that thwarts HIV, that makes it unlikely to transmit it via receiving oral sex. Is this so?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 02:03:48 am »
In the history of the pandemic, there have been exactly zero verifiably documented instances of HIV transmission through kissing or receiving fellatio. Unlikely? Science does not tend to support absolutes, but this is as close as you are going to get in this pandemic.

You can kiss whomever you want, and let whomever you want take your penis into his/her/it's mouth. HIV will not be an issue. Other STD's? Yes. But not HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 12:05:47 pm »
In the history of the pandemic, there have been exactly zero verifiably documented instances of HIV transmission through kissing or receiving fellatio. Unlikely? Science does not tend to support absolutes, but this is as close as you are going to get in this pandemic.

You can kiss whomever you want, and let whomever you want take your penis into his/her/it's mouth. HIV will not be an issue. Other STD's? Yes. But not HIV.

What about the semen on my inner labia? Is that also no risk for HIV? Did I do ANY activity that made me at risk for HIV?

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 12:11:04 pm »
jkinatl,

am I at risk from the semen on the labia minora or clitoris or other things?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:39 pm »
Stop looking for trouble! As has already been said to you several times, nothing you have described put you at risk for HIV. His penis rubbing against your vaginal lips is not a risk. Rubbing is not the same as insertion.

Nor is anything else you have described a risk.

There 's no need for testing unless you are going to hang on to these unnecessary fears. In that case, get tested and collect the inevitable negative result. That's up to you. Also do yourself a favor and stop surfing the web because I can guarantee you will find stuff there to feed your worst fears and all to no good purpose.

HIV is not your problem.  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:16:52 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 12:18:04 pm »
Anybody, would u say that getting semen from your hand to the vulva is the same or similar to getting semen in the eye for contracting HIV, assuming the semen is positive for HIV?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 12:26:36 pm »
GD,

NO, nothing you report was a risk for hiv infection.

For example, frottage (rubbing the genitals together without penetration) is a very common activity. It's not unusual to get some precum on your inner labia during this activity, yet this activity is a NO RISK activity.

I've already told you that hiv transmission is only successfully accomplished INSIDE the body as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Your inner labia are on the OUTSIDE of your body. So are your hands.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES YOU WROTE ABOUT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 12:27:00 pm »
No. As Ann explained to you, once HIV is exposed to the air it very quickly is rendered not viable.

You certainly are looking for ways to unnecesarily scare yourself. Give it up and get on with your life.  
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 03:12:34 pm »
ann and andy, I just feel guilty about what I did. this incident took place almost seven years ago and I just thought about this now.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31:17 pm »
That's a terribly long time to have been lugging around that guilt, fear and shame.

Maybe just for your peace of mind you ought to get tested, collect the inevitable negative result and mark the issue "closed." I say that not because of any real risk, but just to remove the weight of this from your life.
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 04:42:33 pm »
That's a terribly long time to have been lugging around that guilt, fear and shame.

Maybe just for your peace of mind you ought to get tested, collect the inevitable negative result and mark the issue "closed." I say that not because of any real risk, but just to remove the weight of this from your life.

I'll consider getting tested. Why are other STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia easier to get via unprotected sex than HIV?

I tested negative for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, after this incident. IS this encouraging?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 05:22:59 pm »
I'll consider getting tested. Why are other STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia easier to get via unprotected sex than HIV?

I tested negative for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, after this incident. IS this encouraging?

HIV is a fragile virus which sexually is only transmitted through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Other STDs are less fragile and can be acquired by touch, kissing and other means which are different from HIV transmission.

It's always good to get negative test results but those negatives on other STDs mean nothing in terms of your HIV status. That's something which you have to test for separately.
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 08:15:00 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus which sexually is only transmitted through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Other STDs are less fragile and can be acquired by touch, kissing and other means which are different from HIV transmission.

No, I mean, even when it comes to vaginal and anal sex, why are other STDs still transmitted MUCH EASIER than HIV?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 08:21:31 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus and not as robust as other STDs!

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 11:25:46 pm »
HIV is a fragile virus and not as robust as other STDs!

rapidrod, are you saying that because HIV is fragile, compared to other STDs, that THAT is the reason why even during unprotected anal and vaginal sex, that it's harder to transmit than the other STDs?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 03:53:52 am »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 09:21:39 am »
A number of factors come into play as to why HIV is not transmitted on a particular unsafe occasion.

You're spending way too much head time on this issue. Keep it simple. Use condoms everytime for vaginal and anal intercourse and you will be effectively protected. Period.

You did not have a risk. And we have told you that repeatedly. If you continue to come back about the same concern you are going to find yourself getting a 28 day Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Give it up and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
Hickie with cutstransmission?
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 04:16:36 pm »
I got a hickie(which left a red mark on me), and touched a guy's penis(which seemed moist) and then touched a one day old open cut on my lower lip, and he rubbed his own penis(which might have been a bit moist from his semen, then he touched my genitals a few seconds later. I didn't see ANY visible fluid on his finger, but I'm concerned. Am I at risk for HIV? I had this happen.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Hickie with cutstransmission?
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 04:41:42 pm »
You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 04:55:40 pm »
I've merged your latest question into your previous thread. As Matty has indicated, we have a rule that all entries should be in a single thread. Please follow that rule in the future and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

As to your latest concern,  there was no risk related to those various details. HIV sexual transmission is not a complicated matter. It involves only either unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse.

If you continue returing with these non-risk scenarios you are going to get a Time Out from this site for 28 days. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline gorgeousdaylight

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 05:16:54 pm »
Andy how do i enter them into the original thread? I am fimished anyway. If you say no risk, then i beleive you/

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 07:24:53 pm »
Just look for your thread and click on to it. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.