Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:58:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 316
Total: 316

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Activism now 4 more money for research/ramp up- best activism now imho  (Read 4866 times)

Offline bimazek

this is about the best idea i have ever had.....

when you read of all these great new immune, gene and vaccine therapies it is hard Not to have great hope for a soon cure or vaccine treatment...
but will the USA be ready with money to get it to people who need it fast?????

http://www.aidsinfonyc.org/tag/science/immunePipelineTables.html

at this link and with all the immune mods and vaccines and things that are in the pipe it seems to me a new initiative needs to be created

a new initiative needs to be created

activists needed with brilliant ideas and branding and naming and contacts and email lists

and activism

something like

a new Emergency Trust fund for medical breakthroughs...

save the failed regiment program -- a funding source to get any breakthrough therapy or  immune mods and vaccine that turns out to be the "cure" or something that works to all these long suffering people, in other words a fund that will sole purpose to

prepare for the eventual moment when a breakthrough happens and is approved by fda

to give option to all who are close to death to try it

they deserve to be saved first if they want to try

kind of like a life boats program

or

fund the ramp up to treatment

for example, lets say tomarrow that one of these vaccine trials proves to be an effective treatment that will save many lives, perhaps a cure so to speak

we need a trust fund that would get that to as many people who are on the edge as fast as possible

so that budget delays and cycles and hmo's cost cutting doesnt slow access

how many people are we loosing per day in the usa

multiply that times two when you add in europe and maybe ten when you add the rest of world

what i am saying

there are so many major trials

if one turns into a great thing

how can we prime the system

all the universities, the drug companies, the adap etc

to get this too those you need it immediately

without waiting for 6-18 months for them to ramp up production

activists we can create a trust fund to save the suffering

i was only exposed two years ago

maybe it is a white paper that identifies... ok

day one

therapudic vaccine proven to work and "cure", fda approves...

day two

week 3
 all the things we can think of to help...
week 7

week 11

etc

how all the agencies and groups can help

what are your thoughts

Now that i think about it, perhaps we can widen it to any disease that finds a major life saving breakthru

and get it thru both houses of congress by making it the...

national life saving medical breakthrough Money Trust
and Team Act

and expert panel creation in fda

any disease that finds a major life saving breakthru

so that say a new treatment for lung cancer suddenly emerges... a team in fda or dept of health can access these funds of money independent of the budgets for medicare, medical, SS, etc ... these moneys can be used how the panel likes, distribution, education, manufacture, stockpile, etc

for example...

take one small example

the great drug company, i am very pro drug company and big pharma when i am not anti... anyway

they just came out with that HPV vaccine, they want market... of course that is understandable and they want to sell it and they want to help people and frankly i think
it is good to give to say, college girls who know they are sexaully active, by choice, but look at all us gay men who are going to get anal cancer

a new drug like that comes out

there should be an immediate.... access of the 

"national life saving medical breakthrough Money Trust
and Team Act and expert panel creation "

that buys it so that any gay man who wants it when approved gets it, and not hurt or hit the hmo bottom line which will have a slowing effect

or for example

other diseases

and if we make it broad enough

alzhiemers

stoke victims

prostate cancer

etc

then demos and republicans and even evil bush will sign it

national life saving medical breakthrough Money Trust
and Team Act

NAtional Life SAver Med Cure Money trust

they must have a super majority vote in the team to allow access to the monies...

how many of these are from HPV???? how many are gay men??? i bet it would be about 35% of the deaths...
I just looked it up...
140,000 new cases of colorectal cancer with 50,000 deaths per year. Who is at risk?

8000 deaths are from rectal cancer ... how many HPV    how many gay??

this would give a huge boost to the health care system because they do not have to absorb the Money shock of every new drug life saving treatment

14000 cases of cervical cancer per year, including 4000 deaths. ...

this way we kind of help other diseases and hopefully set it up to help hiv when the time comes for a breakthrough

we the hiv aids community

created the whole disease activism link

now we can tak it one step further

as long as hmo's and blue cross have financial incentive not to give breakthrough therpies  asap then people will die while insurance burocrats have meetings

Activism now 4 more money for research/ramp up- best activism now imho

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.