Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:01:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 342
Total: 343

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Responded to AidsMeds Article & my Name showed up on Google  (Read 6856 times)

Offline deibster

Responded to AidsMeds Article & my Name showed up on Google
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »
Hi, Just FYI, I responded to an Article on AidsMeds (Article Not Forum) & my name showed up on Google. I complained about side effects of the HIV drug in the article, so it outed me to the world. No matter to me, I'm on disability, & my ASO  (AIDS service organization) is my main social outlet. But some of you, who work full time, might have a big problem with this. Do not use your real name if responding to an article (not a Forum).
  Hugs from Provinctown, Deibster
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:52:24 pm by deibster »
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Offline contagion

Re: Responded to AidsMeds Article & my Name showed up on Google
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:52 pm »
@deibster You can write/email to the administrators and get it removed.
I have a t-shirt with my t-cells on it.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »
Perhaps review these posting rules.  I'm not sure if they can be removed since you agreed, but I'm sure a moderator will be along shortly to comment.

Wolfie

http://www.smartandstrong.com/postingcommentsrules.shtml
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:41:16 pm »
Of course using your real name would show up on Google. Why would it not?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:50:21 am »
That will happen no matter where you use your real name on the internet. It's a funny old cyberspace like that. Welcome to the 21st century where your secrets are everyone's business. Have you read Google's new "privacy" policy lately? They're going to know what colour undies you have on soon. Beware.

Of course if everyone stepped out of the closet and practiced full disclosure, this wouldn't be a problem - at least not where hiv is concerned.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 07:37:39 am »
deibster:

When we started publishing reader comments at the end of each article, we did put a number of safeguards in place -- along with the "posting rules,"  we also have a pop-up the requires comment authors to confirm they've read the posting rules, along with notations next to each form field indicating which bits of personal information will be published live. And if it's published online, Google will invariably find it.

That said, if you don't want your real name published, please send an e-mail to me at timh at aidsmeds.com and I'll remove it. If you could provide a hyperlink to the article you commented on, that would be great.

Tim Horn

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:36:46 am »
Have you read Google's new "privacy" policy lately? They're going to know what colour undies you have on soon. Beware.

I don't wear any undies, I like to free ball, oh wait, now the W.W.W. knows THIS, what heck do I care, they can used my name anytime they want, I'd be honored  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 09:42:16 am »
I don't wear any undies, I like to free ball, oh wait, now the W.W.W. knows THIS, what heck do I care, they can used my name anytime they want, I'd be honored  ;D

I never did either until I had an accident with a zipper.  Luckily, I was still young enough that I wasn't embarrassed when I ran screaming to my mother who had to unstuck me.  I still have a scar that resembles a famous monument.

Wolfie

Offline denb45

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:27 am »
I never did either until I had an accident with a zipper.  Luckily, I was still young enough that I wasn't embarrassed when I ran screaming to my mother who had to unstuck me.  I still have a scar that resembles a famous monument.

Wolfie

I don't have any pants that have a zipper, all mine pants are 501 button fly str8 leg LEVIS  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 09:55:35 am »
I don't have any pants that have a zipper, all mine pants are 501 button fly str8 leg LEVIS  ;)

Tell the truth, they're all stretchy pants!   ;D  I saw an ad for new denim pjs that can be worn in public. 

Wolfie

Offline denb45

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 10:54:43 am »
Tell the truth, they're all stretchy pants!   ;D  I saw an ad for new denim pjs that can be worn in public. 

Wolfie

Never heard of them before, and who'd want too, isn't that for fat people, I aint got NO fat on my bones  ;D

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 12:11:27 pm »

Wolfie

Never heard of them before, and who'd want too, isn't that for fat people, I aint got NO fat on my bones  ;D

I've seen the commercial.  They seem incredibly tacky, almost rednecky.  Then again, they are catered to the same crowd that purchases those horrid Snuggies. 
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline rjoh

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 02:18:55 pm »
I don't wear any undies

I only wear a jockstrap.......differ'nt colors for differn't moods (know what I mean?)......

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 06:46:49 pm »
I only wear a jockstrap.......differ'nt colors for differn't moods (know what I mean?)......

Now c'mon you can't leave us hangin'... inqueering minds wanna know what those moods would be ???
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 07:52:02 pm »
That will happen no matter where you use your real name on the internet. It's a funny old cyberspace like that. Welcome to the 21st century where your secrets are everyone's business. Have you read Google's new "privacy" policy lately? They're going to know what colour undies you have on soon. Beware.

Of course if everyone stepped out of the closet and practiced full disclosure, this wouldn't be a problem - at least not where hiv is concerned.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=41646.0

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:54:55 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:49 pm »
Duplicate.  Ooops!

:o
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 12:32:41 am »
I learned this when I posted a story about someone I had worked with who had gotten famous.  I wasn't thinking.  Anyway, people on a tabloid message board quickly found what I wrote here and posted the thread on that site--discussing what I said, what members here said, and my health stats.  That was a little strange to have strangers discussing my health stats.  But, I felt bad that I caused what other members said in the thread to be posted on that site. 

When I've posted a reply to stories on AIDSMEDS, I only use my first name and city.  And, out of laziness, I use "tednlou2" for everything.  I do that so I don't forget my user name on various sites.  So, anyone who really wanted to go searching could easily determine it was me.     

Offline deibster

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »
That doesn't work well for me. My father had a common name & he got blamed for something a different 'Harry' had done. Therefore, I have a very unusual 1st name & an unusual last name. Yes, my father changed his last name, as well as giving all of us unusual first names. Hugs from Provincetown, Deibster
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.