Main Forums > Living With HIV

GALT 25 years on?

<< < (2/6) > >>

alisenjafi:
Again R I brought up how  HIV history has more to do with politics and phony morality than true science.
While you take incompetence to be synonymous with stupid, it doesn't though interesting enough bush does!
Those links were put there to back my position. More funding is needed but not to promote agendas. There are scientist who deny evolution- what does that tell you?

Quote from: HIVworker on Today at 09:39:42 AM
and you are saying they didn't look because either the scientists were too stupid or that the political climate that existed and still exists excludes adequate funding for HIV - so people can't afford to ask these questions?
The first part isn't even relevant to my post and to the second part, what good is giving millions of dollars , if the people getting it don't even acknowledge evolution. It isn't just the money but how it is spent.
Cheers
Johnny

Joe K:
Blanket statements regarding anything do more damage than any dialogue regarding an issue.  For J220, or anyone to even think. let alone post, that all the scientists working on HIV have been behind any learning curve, just makes them part of the problem.  I have been poz for a very long time and I have worked with hundreds of doctors, scientists, clinicians, etc., and I defy anyone to find more than a handful of those hundreds who may have been incompetent.

Instead, what I have witnessed are the breakdowns of many people treating and researching HIV, because as we discover more, we sadly realize how insidious HIV can be and how limiting our own science can be in combating it.  If you have some backup data, or could point to case studies or ANYTHING other than his own speculation on the competency of scientists, his comments could be evaluated.

As it is, his comments are just mean spirited, inflammatory and do nothing to further a dialogue on this issue.  What I find most offensive however, is that someone with HIV could truly believe such drivel and he should be ashamed of himself in besmirching the reputations of the thousands of scientists who have given all of what we have today.

If you want to discuss an issue, then either include all the variables (including funding) or keep your discussion focused.  Stereotypes are just plan foolish.

(Edited to remove mean and stupid statements.)

HIVworker:
I don't know what your agenda is alisenjafi, but it has little to do with anything I have said. I was trying to get to the bottom of what J220 was saying, not you. You have your own political agenda and you should explore that in this thread. Just take my name off it as it has little to do with anything I have discussed.

I urge you to look at Joe's comments as he seemed to grasp it very well (as usual). You again try and steer it towards Bush and we weren't discussing that - you were. I was asking, in that quote you put of mine, if this is what J220 was saying - because if it was my next comment was that while I may or may not agree with that standpoint, it had little to do with scientists being on or near the 'curve'. Don't use my comments to bolster some link to the government. I submit that you didn't grasp the gist of the comment and are merely trying to put your own spin on it.

R

alisenjafi:
R
First off my confusion comes from the fact that your response came after my post. It might have been more clear if you addressed your post to him. I could only read that it was directed also at me since I was the one bringing up politics into the thread.

Secondly when asked simply why it took so long, you went on about something else. Why not either give an explanation or start a new thread on how some people  feel about researchers and scientist.

HIVworker:
My apologies for the confusion. Thats the problem with internet forums.

I've promised to do all of that in the original post after clearing up the discussion with J220. As it is a review, it will take me a few days. However, look for it in that post.

R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version