Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:07:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Yet another MRI  (Read 5187 times)

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
Yet another MRI
« on: November 12, 2006, 08:51:20 pm »
Well, I just found out from my Dr. that she has scheduled another MRI for me. It is the day after tomorrow, and the fourth one this year. In addition to the HIV, I also am co-infected with HepB. I had a biopsy earlier this year, the second one in five years. I have had cirrhosis for about 7 years now. The speed with which she arranged the appointment, indicates that there is some concern on her part. Usually, it takes a few weeks to get in. I know that there is a pretty good chance that I will develop Liver Cancer because of all this. I also know what the survivability stats look like as well, Ugly. It comes at a time in my life when things are going really well, and I can't help but think that the timing really sucks ass. Not, of course that there is a good time for such things to happen. So I don't really know why I'm posting this other than to get it off my chest I suppose. It's nice to have this site, and it helps for me to be able to vent a bit. I wish that I could go to a support group, but the one that is here is during the day, when I work, so that's out. Anyways, thanks for letting me bitch a bit. I'll post the results whenever I get them. Thanks again everyone.
   Capt.Carl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Iggy

Re: Yet another MRI
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:57:25 pm »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:51:43 pm by Iggy »

Offline Longislander

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:03:43 pm »
I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best results.
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 09:09:17 pm »
Oh Carl, this isn't good news at all...  You have a 1000 shoulders to lean up against.  You have a 1000 hands to hold.  You have a 1000 friends praying for an outcome that you can live with... Be good to yourself and let this discovery happen when it happens..  Please explode all over these pages if you need....  We are here listening and caring...

Love

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 10:49:15 am »
Hey Carl,

Well, that just plain sucks. I am sorry this is happening. I will send some positive energy your way.

If you need anything, call me.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 10:58:26 am »
Vent away, Carl. I'm glad you have a doc who's watching things so carefully.

The fat lady has not yet sung and if our prayers and thoughts have any power, she ain't gonna sing for a good long time yet.

Wishng you the best,
Andy Velez

Offline Christine

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 02:14:11 pm »
Hi Carl,

You said you are in a good place now. That is a really good thing. You are strong and can fight whatever happens.

Sending you good thoughts and prayers.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 03:03:42 pm »
Carl,

sending you love and hugs, and lots of positive healing energy....

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Grinch

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 04:46:51 pm »
The speed with which she got you in may have nothing to do with a crisis.
This time of year is typically scheduled very light due to the RSNA.  A world wide conference which I have the misfortune to be working this year.  All imaging departments schedule very lightly during this time.  The Docs, Techs, and admin. staff look at it as a kind of break for 2 weeks.

I would consider asking her if she put a rush on this or if you were just lucky.  I'd lean toward the later.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 05:04:06 pm »
Hey Abqcarl,

It is unfortunate that you are faced with these sort of challenges. Writting it out is extremely therapeutic rather than keeping it within you. Start a personal journal if you have not already done so and keep track of your daily events. It is almost as if you are the star of your own movie.

I am sending "positive thoughts" your way that everything will work itself out for you.

Make the BEST of each and every Day!

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 05:05:23 pm »
Hey Carl,

The least I can say is that the Doc seems to take good care of you/

I'll be thinking of you and sending you doggie love

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 06:40:05 pm »
Hey guys,
   Thanks for all the support, it is nice to feel like there are others out there who understand. The latest is that the test was rescheduled for this coming Sunday Night at 9:00pm. This is going to make work suck on Monday as I have to get up @ 4:00am.But whatever must be must be, as they say. I'll keep you all posted....
  Capt.Carl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 08:25:54 pm »
The latest is that the test was rescheduled for this coming Sunday Night at 9:00pm. This is going to make work suck on Monday as I have to get up @ 4:00am.But whatever must be must be, as they say. I'll keep you all posted....
  Capt.Carl

please do.   .... Thinking of you ......

venting is good -  one of us or even yourself might say a word or something which might remind you ("trigger") of something important that you must do or lead you on another important train of thought

With Love, Alex

Offline Robert

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 02:24:37 am »
carl

This is not good news.  I'm really hoping everything will be OK.  Like you said, you've been on a roll.  I'll be sending you some good thoughts.

And Sunday night at 9p?  Wow.  That sucks.  You're going to miss Mystery Theatre and the finale to Prime Suspect 7.
Not to worry.  I'll let you know who did it and what happens to Detective Superintendent Jane Tennison.

robert

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.