Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:48:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773215
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: o noes -- my house was just sold  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
o noes -- my house was just sold
« on: January 06, 2014, 08:33:02 am »
The famed Copperwood Estate in Chestnut Hill (yes, that is within city limits!) It took five years to sell and a price drop of $2 million, but at $2.7 million it's still a bargain for a Horace Trumbauer renovated Gilded Age mansion -- complete with a speakeasy, bowling alley, separate carriage house (w/ 3 bedrooms) not to mention a one-bedroom detached cottage. And don't you adore the elevator with the telephone?

Click the link at the bottom of the above link to go to the other page with even more interior shots.

And if you want to know why Philly's schools are fucked up, aside from our horrible Republican legislature in Harrisburg, property owners of this place once got away with tax assessments of $262,000 on this until the recent change by Mayor Nutter. Still a bargain considering NYC prices.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

Re: o noes -- my house was just sold
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:45:20 am »
btw, my last colonoscopy was performed mere blocks away from this estate

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:17:45 am »

Thants the clincher -----buy it James.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:33:44 pm »

That ups the value of the home right?

Offline Theyer

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:03:59 pm »

Are we being naive again ?
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 02:21:40 pm »

It's still 7 degrees warmer here right now than New Orleans so sit on that and spin a while.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 03:58:16 pm »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 05:41:08 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/belisa-vranich/breaking-news-penis-size_b_471382.html

Naive again Trey ? ... Miss P doesn't need a link on Penis size in America because she is an expert on the Multinational Penis size ... She has sampled more penis than you can shake a measuring stick at to get to the bottom of this subject .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 07:15:57 pm »
I appreciate that its renovated and in move-in condition, but what happened to the "gild" from the Gilded Age.   

I think this is one of the most fabulous and creepy remnants of that time.  One of the largest houses ever built in the USA:

http://philly.curbed.com/archives/2012/03/21/rare-video-of-the-interior-of-lynnewood-hall-emerges.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynnewood_Hall

http://www.phawker.com/2010/07/26/the-pharoahs-of-the-new-world-the-secret-tomb-of-the-gilded-age-discovered-in-elkins-park/

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 09:20:27 pm »
I believe the same architect, Horace Trumbauer , did Lynnewood Hall as well as the interiors of Copperwood Estate, just not the exteriors.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 05:48:12 am »
I would off thought it was perfect for Russian new money instead off South Kensington .
skewing up prices in all off London . 2.7 $ South ken 4 rooms /kit/2bathrooms/ security off course , Hubby has to talk about something at vodka bash. And yes I guess I am being something at New Money Russians , still getting over being forced into pavement twice by phalanx off over coiffured creatures whose manners where downright appalling , seethe. breath let go.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.