Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:58:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year  (Read 7918 times)

Offline bear60

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
« on: December 24, 2011, 02:52:26 pm »
We all need some joy in our lives, so for those who are celebrating Christmas and New Years and for anyone who just wants a little joy........ here is my wish:
May we all find pleasure in little blessings and may we all treasure our friends and family.
Peace and Goodwill towards all
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »
 :)

Right back at you Joel. Peace and happiness to you and yours.  And here's to a healthy and happy New Year !!

We're having our big dinner in about 3 hours.  We moved Christmas ahead 24 hours.   :P  I have to work tomorrow, so, were waiting on the turkey. We put it in the oven at 3:00, and a great dinner awaits us at 7:00.

The house is already smelling wonderful about now !

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:14:09 pm »
Merry Christmas and a good New Year to you also, Joel, and all my fellow lts'ers (you know who you are) ;)!  I hope next year will be a good one, for all of us.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 05:35:29 pm »
Happy Holidays Joel, to you & yours, and may you all have a prosperous New Year  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 01:41:24 pm »
We made it thru Christmas.  I hope all of you had a good time with whomever you were with. Kurt and I went to his brothers house near here for Christmas Eve.  I had forgotten the high notes that kids can hit, but thats ok they were having a good time.
Yesterday, since Kurt has a hernia and is in some discomfort, we went to a Burmese restaurant: Rangoon.  If you are ever in Philly its a real treat. Indonesian food is soooo different than Chinese or Vietamese.
Kurt is having hernia surgery on Thursday. Both sides. Geez.

Offline weasel

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »

Glad   you had a nice Christmas  :)

Bob and  I stayed in and had a  few neighbors over ,    A quiet evening .

Wishing you a wondeful New year !

Our  new years eve  will be over by  9 P.M.     :o

Weasel    :-*
" Live and let Live "

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 07:40:57 pm »
best wishes to Kurt for that surgery. ;) What a way to say goodbye to 2011

After a horrible Christmas Eve when my brothers blew off Mom and made her cry (for the second yr in a row they changed their schedule at the last minute and canceled :o the family get-together) Christmas itself was a bit better as Mom, me and my Aunt and her partner visited my Grandmother in the rehab/nursing home (after a recent fall, and hip replacement) with the homemade Christmas Dinner I prepared (homemade Dressing, Green Bean Casserole, Roasted Peppercorn Pork Loin, Potato Salad, Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Roll). Afterwards I spent a very pleasant night with my new beau. ;)

After dealing with the aftermath of the brothers being jerks to Mom, Nana still recovering, my Aunt trying to duck out of helping at all with her Mom, my mom's lazy-ass do-nothing husband, and Mom dealing with it all and being pretty broken up and emotional, I spent a very pleasant, relaxing evening with my new beau and another big meal ... and then some really good sex. ;)

today, we tried out the new ankle straps we got for the sling (the "perfect" Christmas gift this year LOL), and I had lots and lots of great sex to celebrate my 19th AIDSaversary!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Joel and Kurt,
and to all my other LTS friends here at AM.  :-* :-*

leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline denb45

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 09:06:50 pm »
 :-[ Dam Joel, here's wishing Kurt a very speedy recovery, aint old age HELL  ??? Mikie, well @ least you didn't let your bothers spoil any of your Holiday cheer, ( good for you)  :D

congrats on your new beau , I told you that you deserved love too a while back, I'm happy that your pursuing this, life is too dam short ya know  ;)

Bob & I are so stuffed we still can't move after day 2 of eating  ::)

Were watching our next-door-neighbor's place for her ( she's 77 and has 2 cats) I go over there and feed them, clean out the litter box, and talk to them, she's in rehab, she went into respiratory arrest last week
and her 39 yr. old son showed up ( from DENVER, CO) and kicked out his younger sister turns out she wasn't really taking care of her and was ripping her off, so he call the police, and kicked her out  ::)

He's a very nice guy, and and cried to me and Bob, and said he would be back next week to move his mom out of here place, well that was 2 weeks ago, and we haven't seem or heard anything from him yet  ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline bear60

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »
Oh Dennis...sounds like kitties might need rescueing.
Have a good New Years Eve.

Offline denb45

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 06:33:31 pm »
Oh Dennis...sounds like kitties might need rescueing.
Have a good New Years Eve.

Oh Great, just what Bob & I really need 2 more cats, our bed is already infested with the 2 we already have  ::)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 08:08:19 pm »

today, we tried out the new ankle straps we got for the sling (the "perfect" Christmas gift this year LOL), and I had lots and lots of great sex to celebrate my 19th AIDSaversary!

Well Bivens, I sure do hope you were able to document this visually. I know on a personal level my holidays won't be complete without a pictar.

On another note, I finished Christmas in Raleigh with a glass of Woodford Reserve and a pre-Castro embargo 50 year aged cigar.

"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 09:27:34 pm »
Glad you all made it through the holidays.

Mine were nice. I spent them with family. We ate a lot of all the wrong foods.

I had prime rib Christmas Eve with my sister, brother-in-law, youngest nephew and my mother, who, bless her 88-year-old heart, just couldn't finish all of prime rib. So, I was forced to help her.  ::)

Christmas Day, I made a ham and fixings, and ate copious amounts of everything.

Monday, my mother and I went to an Italian restaurant in Albuquerque that specializes in gluten free Italian food. I was in heaven.

I had coneglio (my Italian spelling could use help) alla paremseana for an appetizer (that is grilled polenta with a sauce that includes diced rabbit meat.) It was delicious.
Then, after a brief respite with the tomato basil soup, I had the fettucine alla carbonara. Delighful.
We topped it off with a fig-pear crisp and strong coffee.

Finally, this morning, before I returned home, my mother insisted I have a traditional breakfast. Well, its traditional in my family, anyway. It is a kind of like a Welsh rarebit, sort of. It is a kind of conglomeration of bacon and melted cheese served over toast.

I told the doctor when I arrived home and had to visit for other reasons I wasn't going to do my lipids until February.

If someone stuck me now, they would probably strike oil.

But, Oh, was it yummy.

Happy Holidays to you all.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline bear60

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 02:05:38 pm »
Hey Mark
I love to hear you talk about food.  Its better than sex, isnt it? ha ha

Dennis...I fear for the two little kitties. Keep us posted.  Is there an animal rescue program around where you are? 

Joel

Offline denb45

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 02:57:42 pm »
Hey Mark
I love to hear you talk about food.  Its better than sex, isnt it? ha ha

Dennis...I fear for the two little kitties. Keep us posted.  Is there an animal rescue program around where you are? 

Joel

I just got off the phone with her son Robert in Denver, he told me that he would be here this weekend, and said he was sorry for the delay, he also thanked both Bob & I for being so nice, and helping out with his mom's 2 cats, then he started crying again, we told him it's ok, we understand, he offered money, but we declined and told him we were happy to help  out  :D

If his mom still wants her 2 cats, I'm sure she'll keep them, if not, they'll probably go to the City Shelter, we have NO INTEREST in having 4 cats 2 is enough  ::)  I have a very funny feeling, this isn't gonna go well @ least for her to kitty cats, but it is what it is I suppose  :-\

Offline bear60

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »
Dennis, I understand what you are saying. It is what it is.

Offline denb45

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 09:32:54 pm »
Dennis, I understand what you are saying. It is what it is.

I'm calling animal control, I just don't wanna deal with any of this anymore, it's not my problem, I've done 3 weeks of this, I can't do it anymore  >:(

Offline bear60

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 11:41:53 am »
Thats good Dennis.  No chance of finding a home for them I suppose? 

Well, its better than abandoning them.

Offline denb45

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 01:00:41 pm »
Thats good Dennis.  No chance of finding a home for them I suppose? 

Well, its better than abandoning them.

Yeah Joel, every-time I get involved and do something nice for someone in need, somehow it always falls apart. I'm a very nice guy to a point & to a fault, but PLEASE don't lie to me, and try to use my kindness for you own motivation & personal gain  :(  I haven't seen her son in almost 3 to 4 weeks, he definitely isn't a man of his word  ::) I really feel sorry for his mom, she's such a nice lady and she's still in the Hosp. and cannot do any of this  ???

Offline denb45

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 01:03:14 pm »
Here's another update yesterday he took his mother's cats back to Denver, loaded up some stuff on a trailer, tied it all down, so I give him back his key to the house...

he was on the phone with someone, and every other word, that came outta his month was FAGGOT this, & FAGGOT that  >:(

he didn't even offer bob & I any kind of THANK YOU for taking care of his mom's cats for the last 3 weeks  ::)  boy, the nerve of some people, I tell ya  :-\
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:52:27 am by denb45 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 02:25:58 pm »
Well, Dennis, hopefully thats the end of the story.

Offline denb45

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 03:39:55 pm »
Well, Dennis, hopefully thats the end of the story.

Yeah Joel, as far as both Bob & I are concerned, it is the end of this story  ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.