Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:04:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 624
Total: 626

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Deliberately infected  (Read 84383 times)

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
Re: Deliberately infected
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2008, 05:26:25 am »
I think this thread is beyond useless at this point...actually let me restate that....I think this thread is detrimental to this forum at this point.

If I was a newbie who came into a section for the newly poz and found this back and forth on both sides....I might think twice about what this site had to offer.

Let's lock it up!
hear, hear
I think this thread is detrimental to this forum at this point.
completely agree
please moderators lets lock it
(or even better delete the entire thread)
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2008, 05:35:03 am »
Vokz

First of all, I have no intention of excluding you permanently, and I have no intentions of asking you to delete your post.

You responded to her post about her grandmother in your fashion and I responded to yours in mine,  it's as simple as that, and although I agree with you in as much as FK's story is full of potholes filled with Sh*t I still found you comment about her grandmother (I'm assuming she had one at some point in her life) to be disrespectful, you disagreed with the words I used and called it bullsh*t...that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion but I won't apologise for my choice of words.

BTW..in the 5 years I have been here I have never once told anyone to "Shut up" or Banned them simply because they wrote something I found offensive...and I'm not about to start now.

hugs
Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:28 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Florida69 aka fraidknot, chrisbadmushrooms, morebadmushrooms, DRLOVE etc etc etc (along with half of the more bizarre won’t take no for an answer questioners in the ‘AII?’ forums of various HIV sites).

Vokz,

There is no hard evidence to support your claim that Donnie and Fraid are the same person. In fact, they are not the same person and I can say that with complete confidence. Remember, as a moderator, I'm privileged to information you are not.

If you have suspicions about the identity of certain posters in relation to sock-puppetry, the correct procedure is to inform the moderators, not make unfounded accusations in the public forum. To make such accusations in the forum is tantamount to flamebait. I'll thank you to not do this again in future. People have been timed-out for doing this repeatedly in the past and you will also be held accountable for this behaviour if it happens again.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2008, 08:09:11 am »
Fraid,

I'm locking this thread.

You stated in this thread that you have gained support from a few individuals in the form of PMs - and so I do not expect you to attempt to resurrect this subject in a new thread. You can continue to access that support via PM.

You have already discovered that many of us here take a dim view of positive people using draconian laws against other positive people. You've had your say, we've had our say. I see this thread going no-where but a continuous, downward spiral that can only end in time-outs and bans. I don't want to see that happen.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2008, 05:24:23 pm »
This has gone on quite long enough and all to no good purpose. It's locked down now.

Clearly we are 'n sync, Ms. Ann. Scareeee that.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.