Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:03:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pre-Workout and Stribild  (Read 15000 times)

Offline TallyHoYall

Pre-Workout and Stribild
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:05:06 pm »
I'm on Stribild and tolerating it extremely well. Undetectable for a long time now and CD4 count is 1057. As an avid weightlifter and aspiring physique competitor I spend a lot of time each week in the gym. Taking creatine and glutamine right now. No problems with them. My doc knows and is monitoring my urine for kidney function instead of just relying on the creatinine blood levels.

My question: is there any ingredient in ON Gold Standard Pre-Workout that would interact with my Stribild or its efficiency at keeping my VL undetectable?  I have pasted the ingredient label below:

Amount Per Serving   % Daily Value
Calories   5        
Total Carbohydrate   1 g   1%
Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)   500 IU   125%
Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl)   2 mg   133%
Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid)   20 mg   100%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)   2 mg   100%
Folic Acid   200 mcg   50%
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)   10 mcg   167%
Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate)   10 mg   100%
Muscle Matrix   
Creatine Monohydrate (as Creapure®)   3 g   †
AstraGIN® Proprietary Blend [Astragalus membranaceus Extract (root) & Panax notoginseng Extract (root)]   25 mg   †
Performance Composite   
L-Citrulline Malate   1.5 g   †
Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn®)   1.5 g   †
Energy & Focus Complex   
N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine Hcl   375 mg   †
N-Acetyl-L-tyrosine   250 mg   †
Caffeine   175 mg   †
Citrus Bioflavonoids   100 mg   †
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients:
Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Caffeine (from Tea and/or Coffee Bean), Malic Acid, Sucralose, Tartaric Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Yellow #5.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Pre-Workout and Stribild
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:09:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum . You may gets the answer you need here but I have found that my pharmacist can answer questions like this when I run across them, sometime  … I know they usually check for drug interactions but you never know till you ask . Best of luck and welcome .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:23:54 pm »
Thanks Jeff   :D

Offline buginme2

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:01:29 pm »
How do you like the ON pre-workout?  I use Jym pre workout and it's pretty good.  Tastes ok.  Used to use NO-Xplode, didn't much care for that.  Jym is much better.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 10:04:04 pm »
Haven't tried it yet. Just arrived in the mail tonight. Will be using it tomorrow for ️leg day!  ;D

I'll let ya know what I think of it. It's a new product so no tellin... Had thought about getting Pre Jym. Maybe I'll try it next time.

-Alex

Offline AT

• Take your meds, keep your chin up and enjoy life.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:23:42 pm »
Being new to all of this, it's so cool that you're a body-builder. Inspiring.

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 11:28:53 pm »
Thanks man, that made my day!    :D
-Alex

Offline buginme2

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 05:09:32 pm »
Being new to all of this, it's so cool that you're a body-builder. Inspiring.

Yeah I agree. 

You don't have to be a body builder or anything but weight lifting is very good for you and quite helpful if you are hiv positive.  It obviously builds strength and fitness but it helps out with a lot of things hiv (can cause) like high cholesterol, diabetes, bone loss/osteoporosis, etc etc

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 09:01:04 pm »
How do you like the ON pre-workout?  I use Jym pre workout and it's pretty good.  Tastes ok.  Used to use NO-Xplode, didn't much care for that.  Jym is much better.

Hey buginme2,

So, the ON Gold Standard Pre Workout is pretty good. I would rate it a 7 out of 10. Definitely underdosed (I really do have to take two scoops for much effect) and I'm not a caffeine junkie either. With two scoops, I have pretty good focus and energy but it does seem to wear off after the first hour of a workout (which is a little annoying as my workouts end up taking 1.5-2 hours)  The pumps are decent as well but not astonishing. So all around, it's a solid product, and I would buy it again, but I'm definitely lookin for something better. I think I'll try Pre-Jym next as it's been on my wish list for a while now :)

Hope this helps!

Peace,
–Alex

Offline Lorenzopier

• 36 Years Poz via HAART & Micronutrient Technology.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 12:15:45 am »
Hello TalloyHoYAll, the supplement stack that you are on is a nice combo. The focus and energy effects can be greatly expanded by adding N-acetyl cysteine 600mg and Alpha lopic acid 50-100mg. The Alpha lopic acid should be taken on a empty stomach for greater bioavailability.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 02:43:57 am »
Pre Jym is ok, can't say I would recommend it though, pretty much the same as ON its not that strong. 

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 06:05:14 am »
Hello TalloyHoYAll, the supplement stack that you are on is a nice combo. The focus and energy effects can be greatly expanded by adding N-acetyl cysteine 600mg and Alpha lopic acid 50-100mg. The Alpha lopic acid should be taken on a empty stomach for greater bioavailability.

Thanks! I'll look into both of those   

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 06:07:46 am »
Pre Jym is ok, can't say I would recommend it though, pretty much the same as ON its not that strong.

I am mainly interested in it because of two reasons. It uses creatine HCL instead of monohydrate, and it has 6g of citrulline malate. The other one I would recommend is USN 3XT-Pump. It's NOT underdosed. :)

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 06:14:17 am »

The new pre-workout I just ordered has 600mg of N-acetyl Cysteine in it.

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 04:19:56 pm »

So, my verdict on the Gold Standard PWO has changed. It's mediocre at best. I get too much jitters and not enough focusable energy.  The pumps are reasonable, but it wears off before my workout is over! Loving the Pre Jym tho. The cherry limeade smells bad but tastes pretty good. I get fantastic pumps from it, and just enough caffeine to kick start a good workout. I also like the amount of citrulline and BA it has in it, and that the creatine is HCL and not MH.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 01:38:24 pm »
Is there a post workout you use/like?   I've used muscletech's amino build.  Pretty good as drink to stay hydrated during second half of your workout.  Taste is ok. 

Offline TallyHoYall

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 01:44:45 pm »
Post workout... I use Dymatize Super Aminos 6000, and Gold Standard Whey. Also, glutamine, ZMA, and gold standard casein before bed.

Offline harleymc

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 10:59:16 pm »
My only pre-workout booster is a very strong cup of coffee.
Post work out some sort of bean dish or pea protein or very occasionally fish.

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 03:20:23 pm »
Is it ok to take muscle building supplements and be hiv pos? Cant it affect the hiv medication.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 03:26:42 pm »
Is it ok to take muscle building supplements and be hiv pos? Cant it affect the hiv medication.

Big depends, short answer is yes interactions are possible.
It highly depends on the type of HIV medication and the type of supplements being used, in short if your planning to take supplements check first with your ID Doc/Clinic first.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 03:38:21 pm »
Thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.