Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:48:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 506
Total: 507

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Today I was down but I am not out!!!!!!!!!  (Read 15858 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Today I was down but I am not out!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2008, 11:27:28 pm »
edfu:

if you check my other posts, not just this one, but a different one where I say i want people to hold on and fight and not give up, you will see many people said "thank you, that is very uplifting."

Philly: HIV is in fact a virus. You are right. But I wasnt born with HIV. 

:-)

Yes, edfu might find many things about your other posts interesting, especially if he knew your real posting history.

HIV is a virus, yes.  So is the flu, which I wasn't born with either. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline edfu

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2008, 11:58:11 pm »
Betty:

I'm very aware of ScottJay's posting history, which is precisely why I felt the need to comment.  This is someone who, on April 16, posted:

"Keep your chin up people and be sure to love yourselves at all times, and that includes encouraging yourselves as well.  Don't blame yourselves, beat yourselves up or mourn over the past, just know that all things are possible!"

Four days later he posts:

Today I am down in the dumps. I got my bloods back. t-cells 555, vl undetectable, cd4% 20. The percentage has me bummed! and I feel like crap.

I dont know where my life is going. I am sick of being sick. If only I had the strength to achieve my dreams. Also, I just turned 40. Maybe that has something to do with it as well. I have been infected since 30, and I feel like I lost a lot of years due to being in shock for a few years.

He denies he needs professional help, or refuses to consider it, but I have never seen a better example of bipolar disorder.  I can only wish he would seek the help he needs, because the "word of God" just isn't working for him, as much as he claims it is.   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2008, 12:09:36 am »
Sez Edfu:

He denies he needs professional help, or refuses to consider it, but I have never seen a better example of bipolar disorder.

Ok. Now we need to take great care. This is the internet, not a clinical setting. Diagonising/labeling someone as having a serious psychiatric condition like bipolar affective disorder is just not on. It cannot be done over the net, is grossly irresponsible and more than a bit insulting.

I'm sorry Ed, but let's get some perspective here.

MtD

Offline edfu

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2008, 12:24:17 am »
Matty, sorry, I was expressing a personal opinion, but how else do you explain the enormous disconnect between the two postings, just four days apart, which are completely contradictory?  I will also admit that his introduction of God and Jesus into his discussion may have prejudiced my thoughts.  I don't have much patience for that sort of discourse.  This is not an excuse, but I find it interesting that mjmel seems to have the same thoughts about this as I do.   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2008, 12:52:58 am »
Ed,

Respectfully we don't have to explain these things. You're not a psychiatrist. Mike is not a psychiatrist. This forum is not a psychiatric hospital.

More importantly, Why are we talking about Scotty like he's some object to be diagonsed? He's not. He's a person with feelings and all that other icky stuff. How would you feel if a whole load of people here started having a conversation around you which involved diagnosing you with a psychotic condition?

Pretty unhappy I'd warrant.

So what if he's introduced god and Jesus into a discussion that he started? It's his thread. These things pertain to him. If you don't like that discourse do what I've done and stay away from it. As you know I'm a notorious, fire breathing militant atheist of the first stripe, but that doesn't mean I've got any right to come into this guy's LW thread and start giving him a hard time about his religious beliefs.

MtD

Offline edfu

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2008, 01:22:18 am »
How would you feel if a whole load of people here started having a conversation around you which involved diagnosing you with a psychotic condition?

Well, this has actually happened, and it didn't bother me much at all, especially since I admitted as much myself in my posting.

I also admitted my prejudice in this instance, but I wasn't giving him a hard time about his religious beliefs so much as I was giving him a hard time about his denial.

Be that as it may, I understand your position, and I will respectfully withdraw from further comments here and once again express my apologies.         

Offline ScottJay

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2008, 07:24:38 am »
Edfu:

The sad thing is that you give me a hard time at all. As I mentioned, every day is a struggle in the life of people, and in my view, especially people who are trying to do the right thing

. Jesus healed people, shared the word of god with them, and a few days later, just before his real test was to begin, he went into a garden and cried to that same god asking him to spare him from the test. I guess that makes jesus bipolar too huh? Or anyone else who has had a meltdown

See, you want to pick a fight. Instead of saying "nice to see you bounce back scotty" you move to the negative and diagnose me with awful diseases, and imply that my faith is a sham.  That's sad on your part, to see that you have a bent towards destroying someone and putting negativity out there.

Matty, thanks for you kind words. Much appreciated!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2008, 12:47:50 pm »
but how else do you explain the enormous disconnect between the two postings, just four days apart, which are completely contradictory?  

I have no desire to get into a debate but the guy isn't a robot.
I may be a little less conventional than some people and I am a woman but I don't have a psychiatric disorder or chemical disorder.
I say that because I know I can totally have a happy go lucky Monday and on any other day of the same week I could be boo hoo Sally.
Its human.

enough said...

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2008, 04:16:53 pm »
   Yep ...Me too Wendy  ;D
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline ScottJay

Winiroo
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2008, 05:16:53 pm »
Thanks so much. You are kind wonderful and supportive. You have an amazing spirit. Thanks so so much for your kind words and most of all, your understanding.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.