Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:18:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 233
Total: 235

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1621643 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #1650 on: January 18, 2013, 07:29:27 pm »
Coupons? pft.... have some standards, Miss Mercedes!

But I love driving up to Dollar General in my white Mercedes to use my Hamburger helper coupons.  :-\
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #1651 on: January 18, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »
But I love driving up to Dollar General in my white Mercedes to use my Hamburger helper coupons.  :-\

What kind of dates do you get with that sort of personality? Oh, I forgot -- 16 year olds.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mitch777

« Reply #1652 on: January 18, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »
we just ate a store bought (on sale) rotisserie bourbon chicken, steamed broccoli,
and Near East boxed rice pilaf. (coupons ya know...) :)
car involved...
 :-X
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #1653 on: January 18, 2013, 08:19:09 pm »
Dearest Willita... Your Friday lesson in culinary diversity.

Lunch at my favorite Haitian joint (located in South Beach).

The drink is called Grenadya.  It is made with passion fruit.  Delish.

The platter is totally up your alley (as in deep fried).  Known as Plat Fritay (fried platter) it includes: akra (malanga fritters), sweet potato and plantain fries with spicy ti malice, and Taso Kabrit (goat tidbits) with watercress dipping sauce (the green one).

The side dish is Diri Kole (mixed rice and beans).

Right before lunch we had a couple of Haitian mojitos.  For dessert we had Blan Mange, a Kreole take on the usual dessert with a wonderful coconut flavor.

Enjoy.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1654 on: January 18, 2013, 08:20:06 pm »
How fucking hard is it to properly cook rice? /GUILHERMINA FAIL+++

But sometimes when Im feeling realy fancy I go with the Rice A Roni (coupon or not)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1655 on: January 18, 2013, 08:23:38 pm »

, and Taso Kabrit (goat tidbits) w

Enjoy.

What the hell is Goat "tidbits", I mean can you at least Identify for me the part of the goat the tidbits came off of?

I think the only thing I would be interested in is the rice and beans. but thank you.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:25:50 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1656 on: January 18, 2013, 10:21:03 pm »

The drink is called Grenadya.  It is made with passion fruit.  Delish.

I bought some passion fruit pâtés de fruit this afternoon from Metropolitan Bakery -- now I must learn to make them myself.

But sometimes when Im feeling realy fancy I go with the Rice A Roni (coupon or not)

You know, they do make risotto in box form and it tastes almost as good as the real thing. Oh, I forgot -- you hate Italian food  ::)

ps: Rev. -- I love cabrito. So lean! Great in a taco!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:41:21 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #1657 on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:25 pm »
I bought some passion fruit pâtés de fruit this afternoon from Metropolitan Bakery -- now I must learn to make them myself.

ps: Rev. -- I love cabrito. So lean! Great in a taco!

Those look beautiful.  I love anything made with passion fruit. 

Cabrito tacos... Hmmm... Now that's something I need to try.

What the hell is Goat "tidbits", I mean can you at least Identify for me the part of the goat the tidbits came off of?

I think the only thing I would be interested in is the rice and beans. but thank you.

I cannot believe that you dissed my Haitian 101 lesson.  Evidently you've never had a nice piece of malanga.

And, as noted by Philicia, the cabrito "tidbits" are lean selections.  Oh, but I keep forgetting... Unless it is made with chicken lips and assholes like your beloved PukeDonald's nuggets then you're not interested  >:(
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1658 on: January 19, 2013, 12:02:53 am »
This place has goat tacos every day of the week, lunch and dinner: http://www.cantinaloscaballitos.com/

NOTE TO MITCHYPOO: IT'S FIVE BLOCKS FROM MY APARTMENT SO SIT & SPIN

ps: there's also a place five blocks away that serves Tacos De Cabeza De Res -- I'll let Rev. Moon translate that for the spineless wonders of this fair forum :)

Oh, I think I have an ice cream maker hidden away in a cabinet. I may dig it out and attempt some passion fruit ice cream or sorbet!

pps: having blood orange sorbet for a bedtime snack right now

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:40:20 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #1659 on: January 19, 2013, 12:43:57 am »
I would *love* some of that Blood Orange Sorbet right now.

:P
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #1660 on: January 19, 2013, 01:25:39 am »

ps: there's also a place five blocks away that serves Tacos De Cabeza De Res -- I'll let Rev. Moon translate that for the spineless wonders of this fair forum :)

Oh, I think I have an ice cream maker hidden away in a cabinet. I may dig it out and attempt some passion fruit ice cream or sorbet!

Yum... Tacos de Cabeza de Res... as in, literally, tacos made using meat from the head of the cow (unlike "tacos de ojo", which are not made with eyes).  The cow's head is wrapped in leaves (I believe they use either agave or maguey plants) for additional flavah and it is then BBQ'd.  I'm surprised you've had them. 

Have you ever had puerco asado made in a caja china?  Cubans make the best, usually around Xmas.

Oh. If you make that passion fruit sorbet be sure to take pictars. It shall be divine.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1661 on: January 19, 2013, 02:49:36 am »
I would *love* some of that Blood Orange Sorbet right now.

:P

I also bought two actual small blood oranges -- tis the season you know! Pricey though at 99 cents each and so tiny. Best used for a salad garnish IMO. I think I'll eat the second one right now though I should really be in bed. :(

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:59:05 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1662 on: January 19, 2013, 07:02:45 am »
Early breakfast... LOVE ANYTHING WITH PASSION FRUIT! OBSESSED! Siggi's acai & mixed berry yogurt, ruby red grapefruit, pain au levain with passion fruit champagne preserves (THEME ftw++) Rev. you must locate these preserves -- they're made by Jews on Israeli kibitzes. (Kidding, but they are from Israel)

PLEASE NOTE THAT GUILHERMINA WOULD NEVER EAT A SPREAD LIKE THIS. I BET HE HATES YOGURT.

ps: Now it's time to brew some coffee -- only by Chemex method!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:08:57 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline mitch777

« Reply #1663 on: January 19, 2013, 04:49:35 pm »

NOTE TO MITCHYPOO: IT'S FIVE BLOCKS FROM MY APARTMENT SO SIT & SPIN

LOL!
You know how much I enjoy that! (S&S) ;)

PS- 99 cents each?!!!!!!!
maybe someone should figure out a way to grow these oranges on trees. ::)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1664 on: January 19, 2013, 10:41:06 pm »
One word...

Sprinkle Donuts.

You're welcome
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1665 on: January 19, 2013, 10:46:43 pm »
Child please -- those can't hold a candle to the donuts at Federal Donuts. Everything is better in Philly!

ps: for Mitchypoo this is a mighty 12 block stroll, not five. Though the new location downtown I can take the subway two stops and then walk two blocks west :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:55:52 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1666 on: January 19, 2013, 10:50:29 pm »
Child please -- those can't hold a candle to the donuts at Federal Donuts. Everything is better in Philly!

YUM! Ima gonna fly up there just for those. and I'm not even gonna stop by and see you, but I may stop and throw a rock at your window
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1667 on: January 20, 2013, 12:02:03 am »
Today's SMS text signature line: I eat about a dozen (donuts) a week, but only after I've been drinking.

:o 8) ??? :P

ps: I'm now eating more blood orange sorbet -- isn't that kind of low fat?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1668 on: January 20, 2013, 09:49:46 pm »
Pork Scaloppina Perugina with Umbrian lentils (from Simple Italian Food by Mario Batali, 1998)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:52:11 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1669 on: January 20, 2013, 10:18:41 pm »
Pork Scaloppina Perugina with Umbrian lentils (from Simple Italian Food by Mario Batali, 1998)

Kinda looks like my anal opening lately. How much of that did you actually eat and how much did you ahve to trash?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #1670 on: January 20, 2013, 10:42:02 pm »
Currently just finishing some hot and spicy pork skins.  I'm guessing that's gonna place me squarely on Team Wilhelmina.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1671 on: January 20, 2013, 10:47:49 pm »
Kinda looks like my anal opening lately. How much of that did you actually eat and how much did you ahve to trash?

I ate all of it -- it was tasty, though admittedly the photo doesn't quite do the dish justice :) It's a breaded, thin pork loin cutlet cooked in olive oil. Then you make a sauce from prosciutto, garlic, capers, white wine, anchovies, sage and a LOT of lemon zest.  I'm sorry that you don't have an appreciation for Umbrian trattoria cooking.

Oh, and I have tons of leftover lentils to eat all week so I'm sure I'll be very sick of them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:49:25 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1672 on: January 20, 2013, 10:57:49 pm »
Currently just finishing some hot and spicy pork skins.  I'm guessing that's gonna place me squarely on Team Wilhelmina.

Yes, Welcome! you will receive your complimentary keychain shortly.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #1673 on: January 21, 2013, 07:44:42 am »
I love lentils. I've been at a loss lately over making something different - and my brain totally forgot about lentils. Thanks for the inspiration, Miss PeePee. I've got some puy lentils in the cupboard just crying out to be eaten.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1674 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01:03 am »
I love lentils. I've been at a loss lately over making something different - and my brain totally forgot about lentils. Thanks for the inspiration, Miss PeePee. I've got some puy lentils in the cupboard just crying out to be eaten.

My next thing is to get into making farro and barley. I've not even ever had them I don't think. Do you make quinoa?

I love lentils. I had them on a salad the first time I went to France as a teenager and always liked them -- definitely the best legume IMO. I'll go out today and buy a bunch of stuff to make salads all week and have them with soft-cooked fresh eggs.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #1675 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:05 am »
My next thing is to get into making farro and barley. I've not even ever had them I don't think. Do you make quinoa?

I love lentils. I had them on a salad the first time I went to France as a teenager and always liked them -- definitely the best legume IMO. I'll go out today and buy a bunch of stuff to make salads all week and have them with soft-cooked fresh eggs.

I haven't made quinoa in years - another bright idea.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1676 on: January 21, 2013, 11:26:32 am »
I only have tried quinoa in the last few months and I like it . I used a little chicken stock to flavor it with . My friends didn't seem as happy as I was about it though LOL .

I bought a brand that's was prewashed and followed the directions but everyone thought it had a slight bitter taste . I thought it was excellent . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #1677 on: January 21, 2013, 11:39:31 am »
I haven't made quinoa in years - another bright idea.

I just read an article last night about how western demand has placed that grain right out of the economic reach of the people who primarily subsist on it.  It actually came to me by way of Mother Mark or a link from one of his posts on FB.

I love lentils as well.  I can go to town on stuff like that and hummus.

Maybe there's some hope for me on Team Phillicia yet.  Though I doubt I'm high class enough. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1678 on: January 21, 2013, 11:59:29 am »
I only have tried quinoa in the last few months and I like it . I used a little chicken stock to flavor it with . My friends didn't seem as happy as I was about it though LOL .

I bought a brand that's was prewashed and followed the directions but everyone thought it had a slight bitter taste . I thought it was excellent . 

Add some lemon juice to it as well, and dice up vegetables like raw spinach but only add that in once the quinoa is cooked.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1679 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:18 pm »
Late breakfast, Southern-style:

ps: those are dried figs in that bowl at the rear in case anyone is wondering. LOVE FIGS!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:20:10 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1680 on: January 21, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »
Late breakfast, Southern-style:

Just because you throw a bowl of grits on it doesnt mean it's automatically considered "Southern Style".

Silly yanks. :P
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #1681 on: January 21, 2013, 12:57:15 pm »
Here is what I had with my coffee this morning -- homemade biscotti, with pistachios, cranberries, and orange.  This recipe replaces some of the flour with cornmeal, so you get a nice crunchy biscotti that's not as hard as a brick.

I'm sorry, Miss P, the butter did not come from an Amish dairy, the flour did not come from wheat that was locally grown and hand-millled, the cranberries were not from a producer-owned bog in Massachusetts and sweetened only with agave, the oranges were not organic, and the pistachios are not from artisan growers in California.

Nonetheless they are quite tasty.   :D
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1682 on: January 21, 2013, 01:09:51 pm »
Here is what I had with my coffee this morning -- homemade biscotti, with pistachios, cranberries, and orange.  This recipe replaces some of the flour with cornmeal, so you get a nice crunchy biscotti that's not as hard as a brick.

Those look and sound  great.! Yum. Now I want Biscotti.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1683 on: January 21, 2013, 01:45:24 pm »
Just because you throw a bowl of grits on it doesnt mean it's automatically considered "Southern Style".

Silly yanks. :P

Any city with a Spanish name isn't Southern.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1684 on: January 21, 2013, 01:51:26 pm »

I'm sorry, Miss P, the butter did not come from an Amish dairy, the flour did not come from wheat that was locally grown and hand-millled, the cranberries were not from a producer-owned bog in Massachusetts and sweetened only with agave, the oranges were not organic, and the pistachios are not from artisan growers in California.

Nonetheless they are quite tasty.   :D

They look delicious. I buy a similar biscotti and Termini Bros. Bakery in my neighborhood, and it's the cranberry and pistachio ones that are my favorite. Whenever I go home to my parents I take them a box of a dozen assorted biscotti. They're outrageously expensive and I should learn to make them myself I guess.

Note to Mitchypoo: Termini's is a mere six blocks away!

ps: Guilhermina would probably prefer going to Iannelli's Bakery, also within walking distance:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:54:20 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #1685 on: January 21, 2013, 02:14:37 pm »
Miam.  Fresh, moist, creamy umm errr, cake there. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #1686 on: January 21, 2013, 02:23:52 pm »
Termini Bros. Bakery

One thing I miss about living in the northeast is being able to get good cannoli.  Many moons ago, my sisters used to live in Trenton, and we would go to Italian People's Bakery where they would fill the cannoli fresh when you ordered them.  No soggy shells around these cannoli!
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1687 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:03 pm »
One thing I miss about living in the northeast is being able to get good cannoli.  Many moons ago, my sisters used to live in Trenton, and we would go to Italian People's Bakery where they would fill the cannoli fresh when you ordered them.  No soggy shells around these cannoli!

Oh yeah, all of the good places fill the shell to order. The hardcore natives line up at 4 AM Christmas Day just for this, either at Termini or Isgro (also within walking distance, Mitchell). I think I've had more cannoli in Philly than I did when I lived in Little Italy in NYC.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #1688 on: January 21, 2013, 04:48:00 pm »
Oh yeah, all of the good places fill the shell to order. The hardcore natives line up at 4 AM Christmas Day just for this, either at Termini or Isgro (also within walking distance, Mitchell). I think I've had more cannoli in Philly than I did when I lived in Little Italy in NYC.
i am now convinced that you are the only resident in your neighborhood, as there is little room left within walking distance other than restaurants and gourmet foodie places.
they must occupy the bottom 5 floors of every building within a mere 16 blocks from you. :)

mitchypoo.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1689 on: January 21, 2013, 04:55:29 pm »
I wished I could find some good Cannoli here in the city with a Spanish name. I would die If I could find one of those Dulce De Leche ones Rev put up a few days back.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1690 on: January 21, 2013, 05:00:02 pm »
I wished I could find some good Cannoli here in the city with a Spanish name. I would die If I could find one of those Dulce De Leche ones Rev put up a few days back.

If you find some send me a can of them and I will pay you back  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1691 on: January 21, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »
If you find some send me a can of them and I will pay you back  ;) .

Well I aave a couple cans of them, but I want to step it up and try some of the frozen ones...you know, be fancy and all that.

Ps- speaking of fancy, I had buffet sushi today and it was DELISH
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1692 on: January 21, 2013, 05:06:00 pm »
I tease my friend about southern Italian food because he pronounces it Eyetalian . I ask if he is gonna git some fried lasagna and collards .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1693 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:42 pm »
i am now convinced that you are the only resident in your neighborhood, as there is little room left within walking distance other than restaurants and gourmet foodie places.
they must occupy the bottom 5 floors of every building within a mere 16 blocks from you. :)

mitchypoo.

You've obviously never lived in a large city.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1694 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:59 pm »
"buffet" sushi? That's just sad.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #1695 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:40 pm »
I tease my friend about southern Italian food because he pronounces it Eyetalian . I ask if he is gonna git some fried lasagna and collards .
miss P. knows of a great place for Eyetalian fried lasagna and collards.
across the street and a mere 3 blocks away, 4th floor, next to the "Caviar to Go".

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1696 on: January 21, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »

Ps- speaking of fancy, I had buffet sushi today and it was DELISH

There is a place near me that has sushi on the buffet and its great . Its made fresh right there and you can see them make it so its not like it sits out all night .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1697 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »
I tease my friend about southern Italian food because he pronounces it Eyetalian .

Eyetalian? is this not the correct pronunciation? Im confused.

btw, I go to Olive garden to get the authentic eyetalian food. They also give me unlimited bread sticks 'cause Im so cute :P
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1698 on: January 21, 2013, 05:18:27 pm »
I've never had biscotti, sushi or cannoli.  (or most of the other things mentioned in this thread).  Hell, I can't even pronounce half of them.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #1699 on: January 21, 2013, 05:20:50 pm »
I've never had biscotti, sushi or cannoli.  (or most of the other things mentioned in this thread).  Hell, I can't even pronounce half of them.
wolfie,
you aren't missing anything.
just because a food ends in the letter "i" doesn't make it taste good. :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.