Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:38:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 226
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: testing time / window period confusion of this particular test  (Read 19017 times)

Offline land_22

Dear sr this is the first tme i am writing about the incident , i am really scared. I went to a lap dance where it lasted for about 10 min roughly . the first 5 min she had her panties on. the next 5 min she was completely naked, i always had my jeans on and remember cummng in my pants verywell, but i fell maybe my penis slipped up my jeans and maybe she touched her vagina to it. i dnt knw if she was wet or no.but i guess a lap dancer is a professional and wont be wet . sir /mam wht if by chance maybe she was wet and happen to touch the tip of my uncurmsized dick? am i at risk. Please help me as i am dying of fear and if not of aids will die of a heart attack. Thanks in advance.

edited by Ann to change the thread's title
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:15:46 pm by Ann »

Offline land_22

Re: Needless worrying? Two scenarios
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:09:22 pm »
Also i feel she cant keep beiing wet, even if she was the fiirst 5 min she would have rubbed it off my jeans and t shirt and the next 5 min what may be the odds of her being wet and touchng the tip of my penis which slipped up from my jeans. but i am thinking about the worst case secanrieo. if secroversions take place aft 22 days can i get tested on the 24th day, it wll ease my mind
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:15:55 pm by land_22 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: NO RISK lapdance
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:20:45 pm »
land,

I removed your two posts from the thread where you posted them and put them in your own thread. You are only permitted to post in your own thread.

Please read this forum's Welcome Thread  and abide by the rules found there. Thank you for your cooperation.

Getting a lapdance is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected through a lapdance and you will not be the first.

Sexually speaking, the only proven risks for hiv infection are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did not engage in unprotected intercourse.

It doesn't matter if the head of your penis or your foreskin touched any of her fluids during the dance. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

For this reason, you are not going to become infected with hiv during a lapdance where no penetration has taken place. You are also not going to become infected by any fluids that may leak through your clothing.

You are worrying needlessly.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER A LAPDANCE, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline land_22

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:26:51 pm »
its my first tme on this forum i dont knw how i will be able to read ann s message, it shows replies zero but ann has changed the post to no rsk lapdance, so thanks ann i knw tht i am being i being heard, lets assume the worrst ann even if maybe the wet vagina touches my penis head wht are the odds and can i get tested on the 23rd day for antibodies. i hope i am not being a pest i promise once answered i wont bother you . thanks in advance again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 01:34:35 pm »
Land,

I don't know why you didn't see my first reply so I'll repeat it...

I removed your two posts from the thread where you posted them and put them in your own thread. You are only permitted to post in your own thread.

Please read this forum's Welcome Thread  and abide by the rules found there. Thank you for your cooperation.

Getting a lapdance is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected through a lapdance and you will not be the first. You do NOT need to test over this incident. You had NO risk.

Sexually speaking, the only proven risks for hiv infection are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did not engage in unprotected intercourse.

It doesn't matter if the head of your penis or your foreskin touched any of her fluids during the dance. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

For this reason, you are not going to become infected with hiv during a lapdance where no penetration has taken place. You are also not going to become infected by any fluids that may leak through your clothing.

You are worrying needlessly.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER A LAPDANCE, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline land_22

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »
thanks ann u r the greatest and thanks for u r promt reply also, tonite is the 13th night i have not slept due to tension. i just cant concentrate, i have never had sex (protected or unprotected ) in my life. do u suggest tht in my given situation there is 100 percent no risk , hence no testing is advisiable?
also in case i just want to do it to rest my mind at peace can i do antibodies testeing at23rd day of lap dance.
thanks ann u dnt knw wht u r reply means to me
god bless

Offline land_22

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 03:19:20 pm »
thanks ann for u r kindest reply, Sir rapidRod and Andy Sir could i please have your opinions as well it will help me a lot in my studies and to go on with my life which after this incident has completely stopped. once again thanks ann.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »
Land,

You have NOT had a risk and you do not need to test. You can test at any time for a conclusive result as you have NOT had a risk! NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline land_22

please help 911
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »
ann said yesterday
*Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.*
i was thinking if my dick touched her vagina , the virus would not die in case there is not change in temperature and moisture levels and liquid from wet vagina to tip of the penis.
please help sir madam anyone
thanks in advance
land

Offline land_22

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 05:01:18 pm »
also i read this on am i infected in one of the posts,
 It is transmitted when a viable particle meets a receptive blood or dendritic cell. These cells are concentrated in very few areas of the body, mainly the vagina, head of the penis and urethra, and interior of the anus.

now please i am really worried and seeking help..thanks a lot

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 05:04:59 pm »
Land,

You have NOT had a risk and you do not need to test. You can test at any time for a conclusive result as you have NOT had a risk! NO RISK.

Ann

Worried? How clearly can you be told that you did not have a risk? Are you actually listening to anything said to you or just to your fears?
Andy Velez

Offline land_22

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 05:17:06 pm »
Thanks andy for u r promt and quick reply , ok one last question is tht I still am a bit worried and may be like u rightly siad its my fears which have taken over , on tonite is the 2nd week after exposure . Can I get tested just now and bank on those results or should I wait for 6 or 13 weeks , andy u r god for me , thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 06:08:47 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 06:51:03 pm »
Waiting until 3 months is only for someone who has had an actual risk.

But you didn't have a risk. So you can test anytime you want to for your own purposes and collect the inevitable negative result.

Now it's time for me to warn you that you come back with one more little question or whatever about this non-risk you are going to find yourself getting at least a 28 day Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline land_22

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 03:09:03 pm »
ok no questions , i just want to thank andy, ann and rapid rod for easying my tension by saying no risk.
god bless you all
thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 06:43:43 pm »
You're welcome. It's definitely time to move on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline land_22

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 10:34:24 am »
dear sir, thankyou with your advice, i am planning  to have unprotected sex with my girlfriend , as we are going seadty for 5 years. i know she does not have hiv as she has got herself tested in college itself.
as far as i am concerned i have nevr had unprotected sex or protected sex in my life, so i have no risk except the last incident.
i think i should go for it, i take u r advice and prove myself hiv negetive, as even testing on myself wont help as since(wht i think is an exposure its been 18 days exact).
please guide not for me but for my partner
thanks.
p.s. aslo i dnt know how it works but is there any way i can contribute in a monetary fashion to help with the great work you guys are doing.
god bless
land

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:47 am »
land,

As we've already told you (see reply #4), you should be using condoms until such time as you and your partner have both tested for hiv and all the other STIs as well TOGETHER before you stop using condoms. From what you describe, I fully expect you both to test negative, but what you decide to do is up to the pair of you.

This website is based in the US and therefore it is not very convenient to accept donations from outside the States. (we do not have a pay-pal type donation system set up here)

However, we do recommend that you help out locally. You can find an ASO (Aids Service Organisation) near you by searching the ASO database at aidsmap.com. I'm quite sure an ASO near you would be thrilled to accept your donation. When you help one of us, you help all of us.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline land_22

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »
ok thanks i will get myself tested, on monday it will be on the 20th day from the incident , but the secroconversion takes place after 22 days right? so do u advice me to get tested after 22 days ?
and i will get in touch with my nearest ASO asap
thanks ann

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 03:09:52 pm »
ok thanks i will get myself tested, on monday it will be on the 20th day from the incident , but the secroconversion takes place after 22 days right? so do u advice me to get tested after 22 days ?
and i will get in touch with my nearest ASO asap
thanks ann
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline land_22

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 03:17:25 pm »
ok rapid rod sir, sorry. but i would be obligzed to have your opinion ONLY ONCE.
even if you dont reply to this message i wont write back.
Thanks
over and out
land

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 03:27:41 pm »
Try rereading the replies you have been given.

Offline land_22

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 10:36:32 am »
dear reader, pla understand my mentality i am really tensed, i dnt know y, its been 20days since the exposure and today i went to a lab where the dr suggested me hiv 1 viral load by real time pcr
i gave my blood and i am called after 6 days to collect the results, he said it would ease my mind as this test costed me 90 usd.
i have never seen a hiv report in my life, does it say just negative or positive? or it comes with some numbers and values? once i get my report i will write back.
is this test same a hiv rna pcr ,w hich ppl do after 7 days of exposure?
is this the right test he has given me as one more was alaviable named qualitative something.
i read some where tht any early detection test should be followed by hiv duo test aft 28 days?
so i should have waited 28 days and got tht test done ? but this is the scene. sorry and thanks please dont ban me as i have no other guidence than you guys, my humble request
thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 10:40:59 am »
Land,

Your RNA PCR test will come back as "undetected", which means negative. I'm certain that's what you'll get - you have not had a risk for hiv infection as we keep telling you.

This is ridiculous. I can't help but wonder if your doctor gets a kick-back for ordering totally unnecessary tests. You should have sent that money to your local ASO where it could have done some good instead of throwing it down the toilet on a test you did NOT need.

I'm giving you that Time Out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline land_22

new problem
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 02:36:39 am »
Dear sir , I have a new question . I got myself checked in london 2 days ago for hiv duo test . The test came out negative (thanakgod) but the doctor took blood from my hand with a needle , which I am not really sure if was new or old .Before the piercing the needle was lying on the table for at least 15 min as me and the doctor spoke. But I fear since it was a hiv speciality clinique some one must have used tht needle before me , I mean some one positive . As most ppl who come there are positive. Is there any chance of an infection , keeping in mind that the needle was idle for 15 min.Thanks

Also i got a blow job with a condom and ten removed the condom only to find some sticky stuff on my penis head. i know its no risk at all , after reading everyones and the administrators posts.

But since that day its been 7th week now dry cough is persistant and also there is a pain in my throat which hurts when i swallow. is this symptoms of HIV.
is there any test after the 7th week

please guide on both the scenarioes. Thank you

Offline land_22

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 02:44:52 am »
also after the doctor used the needle to take blood from my hand , there is a blood clot on my hand , which reduces daily. but there red patch is there from where the doctor took blood. can u help and tell me wht does this mean?
in india i have given blood so many time there is always one small spot on the skink above the vein.
in india they pierce the needle and pull the knob behind slowly. where as in london they pieced the needle and inserted the tube like thing which sucked the blood very fast, is the clot because of diffrent techinques and i am worring necesssarily.
thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 06:27:49 am »
Land,

Clinics do not re-use needles. The money they might save in doing so would not cover the costs of the law suits they would end up with. They also don't "accidentally" re-use needles. It just doesn't happen.

It's not uncommon to get a bruise from a blood draw. Just because it never happened to you before doesn't mean it can't. It happens to me quite often and it doesn't mean a thing.

Getting a blowjob, with or without a condom, is not a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected that way and you will not be the first.

You do not have hiv. You are conclusively hiv negative.

If you continue to post over these latest NO RISK incidents, you will be given another Time Out, lasting for 56 days. Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline land_22

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 01:00:16 pm »
Its has been exactly 75 days , i.e. 2 days short of 11 weeks (i know as i am counting), since my last exposure. My fear has got the worst of me, hence i went a got a test on the 75th day .

The name of the test i got was infectious diseases: HIV Combo(p24Ag,HIV1Ab,HIV2Ab),Serum by CMIA.

The observed value : Negative (0.16)

Biological Reference Interval :Negative:Less than or equal to 1.00 Index.

Note: HIV Antibodies and p24 may be negative in early infection. Alll positive results need confirmationby another EIA/Western Bolt.

The result is

I wanted to know that should i hold this as conclusive or should i get a test after the 12th week and the 24th week mark, i.e. 3 and 6 months respectively.

Thankyou in advance.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:51 pm »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 02:12:20 pm »
We are not going to continue to indulge your totally unwarranted concerns after you have repeatedly been told you were not at risk.

It doesn't matter when you test because the result is inevitably going to be negative. Can't expect anything else when you weren't at risk. But you don't seem to listen when you're told that again and again.
The only ones who need to test up to 6 months are longterm intravenousdrug users or those with very weakened immune systems due to an organ transplant or a serious illness such as cancer. Otherwise 13 weeks/3 months is a reliable testing point. But again that is for someone with a real risk...which is not you.

If you return again about this non-risk circumstance you are going to get a Time Out for at least 56 days if not banned outright permanently.

Andy Velez

Offline land_22

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 06:30:44 pm »
Dear advisors , firstly I am greatful to you all to taking me through this phase of mine by answering all my questions patiently. I had my latest test 2 days ago tht is 128 th day from incident. My question is a bit techincal so please mind my ignorance.
The name of the test i got was infectious diseases: HIV Combo(p24Ag,HIV1Ab,HIV2Ab),Serum by CMIA.

The observed value : Negative (0.2)

Biological Reference Interval :Negative:Less than or equal to 1.00 Index.

I have been doing these tests regularly and the values are increasing like I did on the 30th day from incident it came negative 0.08
Then on the 45th day it came negative 0.12
Then it came 0.18 and now it came 0.2
Does these have any significance, I mean I hope its not increasing and one day it will go above 1 and I will be positive. (Question one)
Also the long time war weather to get tested on the 3 month mark or 6 month mark remains. (Question2)
Plus one more thing I have noticed I have lost around 4 to 5 kgs from the date of incident which is 128 days ago. I am guessing that's not any symptoms right? (Question3)

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 07:04:08 pm »
Oh good god.

You had no risk.

Seriously. We are not here to indulge your phobias for yet another month.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 07:11:31 pm »
You are HIV negative. Get on with your life.

And now you have a Time out for 56 days from this site. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new account. We'll spot that right off and it will get you banned permanently. A 3rd ban will mean being permanently banned from the site.

Be glad that HIV is not your problem and get on with your life.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:12:43 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline land_22

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 02:59:53 am »
dear moderators, i indulged in a situation where there was naked frottage between me and an csw. Also after which i realized that , 100percent my penis brushed against her vagina , also 100 percent there wasnt any penertaion.
the csw said she would not have sex without condom as she was hiv+. this freaked me out and i stopped immediately after frottage(no penetration)
wht is the risk and should iget tested..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 03:01:43 am »
dear moderators, i indulged in a situation where there was naked frottage between me and an csw. Also after which i realized that , 100percent my penis brushed against her vagina , also 100 percent there wasnt any penertaion.
the csw said she would not have sex without condom as she was hiv+. this freaked me out and i stopped immediately after frottage(no penetration)
wht is the risk and should iget tested..
You never had an exposure.

Offline land_22

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 07:03:08 am »
i assume on this forum most ppl are not at risk as they dont know the status of their partner, here i am who knows it for sure. Why am i not at risk can some 1 explian in brief thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 07:28:45 am »
Land,

Thank you for returning to your original thread. I have deleted the new one you started. Remember this rule in future, please - and PLEASE make sure you read our Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Make sure you abide by them as well. Thank you for your cooperation.

Frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

For a full explanation of why frottage is not a risk, please read this thread. DO NOT POST in that thread. If you have further questions after reading it, you MUST return to your own thread to ask them.

Ann

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:30:20 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline land_22

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 02:19:32 pm »
wow thats really a great thread thanks. only concern is that my partner was confirmed hiv +,  does it change anything. and do u still want me to test so as i would not infect anyone else by mistake.
Ann its great u have shared u r personal information, i do respect u for that. But they say hiv virus is unpredictable and happens also in one exposure or does not happen in many exposures also..
what if your boyfriend s case is this way, wht if he didnt get infected by chance,, or is it a proved thing that vaginal secretions produced by rubbing and a women gettiing turned on are non infectous even if they touch urthrea?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 02:21:37 pm »
wow thats really a great thread thanks. only concern is that my partner was confirmed hiv +,  does it change anything. and do u still want me to test so as i would not infect anyone else by mistake.
Ann its great u have shared u r personal information, i do respect u for that. But they say hiv virus is unpredictable and happens also in one exposure or does not happen in many exposures also..
what if your boyfriend s case is this way, wht if he didnt get infected by chance,, or is it a proved thing that vaginal secretions produced by rubbing and a women gettiing turned on are non infectous even if they touch urthrea?
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline land_22

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2012, 02:24:37 pm »
Land,

. If you have further questions after reading it, you MUST return to your own thread to ask them.

Ann

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 02:29:37 pm »
Posted by: Ann
« on: Today at 05:28:45 AM »

Frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 04:45:53 am »
Land,

Every single risk assessment we give in this forum assumes the other person is hiv positive.

You should also assume every sexual partner you're with is hiv positive and protect yourself accordingly. You cannot go by what people tell you about their status - many, many people do not accurately know their status and some will lie.

All you need to do in order to protect your negative hiv status is to use condoms for anal or vaginal penetrative intercourse. It really is that simple!

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us when we tell you that you had NO RISK, go test, collect your negative result and move on. In the meantime, do not think you will be permitted to use this forum to continually wring your hands over this NO RISK frottage incident. You won't be - the warning Rodney gave you stands.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline land_22

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 03:53:30 pm »
I got my test results on the 28th day from exposure its negative. I have attached the reports but I do not know if this is the same test that is a 4th generation test and EIA. Can you check if my test is a 4th generation and an EIA test. So I can be worryfree. Thanks I wanna get over this incident.
Reports are
Test DescriptionObserved ValueBiological Reference Interval
Infectious Diseases :
HIV Combo(p24Ag,HIV1Ab,HIV2Ab),Serum by CMIA
 Negative (0.12)
 Negative : Less than or equal to 1.00 Index

HIV Antibodies & p24 may be negative in early infection.
All positive results need confirmation by another EIA /Western Blot.

Is test good enough at 28 days , as freedom health in london claim so. They claim that a 4th generation duo test at 28 days is conclusive.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:22 pm »
You never needed to test in the first place because you didn't have a risk. So of course your test result is reliable. You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline land_22

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 04:05:15 pm »
Thanks andy I clearly tested as fears took over the mind, well its eased now but my doc said the test I took is conclusive at 6 weeks time?
Wht do u hav to say on that ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 06:01:46 pm »
What I have to say is that we're not going to discuss these non-risk incidents with you any longer.

You've been told what the only risks are for HIV sexually: unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it. Use condoms everytime for those activities and you will be well protected.

Last warning: if you come back with more of this hysteria about non-risks you are going to be permanently banned from the site.   
Andy Velez

Offline land_22

testing time / window period confusion of this particular test
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 06:39:39 am »
Dear sir , i have had unprotected sex with a female. after this incident i got myself tested in inida on the 108th day from incident.
i dont know or understand wht generation or kind this test it or when is it effective.

Test Description Observed Value Biological Reference Interval
Infectious Diseases :
HIV Combo(p24Ag,HIV1Ab,HIV2Ab),Serum by CMIA Negative (0.12) Negative : Less than or equal to 1.00 Index
HIV Antibodies & p24 may be negative in early infection. All positive results need confirmation by another EIA /
Western Blot.

Can i know only 3 simple answers
1. What generation test is this ?
2. Am i in the nagative for sure?
3. Do i need to take a test after 6 months?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: testing time / window period confusion of this particular test
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 07:42:54 am »
Land,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You didn't have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You only engaged in NO RISK frottage.

You do not have hiv. You do not need further testing.

If you come back with more of this nonsense, you WILL be permanently banned.

This is absolutely your LAST warning. Posting further about your NO RISK situations or CONCLUSIVE NEGATIVE hiv test results will result in a  PERMANENT BAN.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline land_22

Re: testing time / window period confusion of this particular test
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 08:37:36 am »
Ann this is my last post , I give u permission to ban me if u hear from again ,can u just tell what generation test did I have and if it isconclusive at 108th day?
Over and out

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.