Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:14:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: DATING THREAD PART XXXV1 - HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!!  (Read 55980 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: DATING THREAD PART XXXV1 - HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!!
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2008, 04:14:21 pm »
I am listening to some good music, though.  Robert Cray.  I just love him.  Does anyone else know who he is?  Kinda bluesy. 

I'll have to check him out. I've been looking for new things to listen to.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2008, 07:50:36 pm »
Betty, my sweet, you just need to come over here and we can tag team the tissue box.  I'll even give up my glider rocker for you. ;D  I've not had a great appetite, but I've been cooking none the less.  See, you can come over, recover (I've been "recovering" from this stupid cootie for 8mths), and eat.  Oh, and be entertained by 6 of the funniest kids you'll ever meet.  #6 will even rub lotion all over your legs..lol.

Netta, I have to say how very sorry I am for all of your pain.  It seems that you are moving forward - kudoes to you for that.  I understand the nightmares and I hope that they subside soon.  I'll remember you, and your friend in the hospital, in our prayers.  I've not had a hysterectomy and I still have no sex-drive. Honestly, I haven't had one in years...LOL. I also enjoy reading and crafting.  I tease that it's cheaper than paying a therapist.

Winni, you gotta love those care providers who seem to not care.  I've always admired people who could take care of the elderly. I honestly would never have the patience.  You are doing a great and admirable thing. Just be careful and don't call the man "ding dong" by accident :P

Tendai, thank you for your kind response.  I try not to get too "mommified" in my posts...LOL..and I'm failing terribly. ::) 

Have a wonderful night, my sweeties.  Last week was in the 90's and this week we're back down to the low 70's - much more seasonable.  We had some pretty nasty storms all day and NOW the sun comes out just in time to set again.  I think I'll make a quick run through of the other threads and then head outside to read my book. 

Love to you all! :-*
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2008, 08:25:31 pm »
Just be careful and don't call the man "ding dong" by accident :P

LOL I've called them worse to their face.

Those two are characters. I love ding dong #1 to death but I could choke him sometimes. LOL
Ding dong #2 I'm nice to as long as he is not ugly to me. Even though I think he is a turd. I try to be nice to everyone.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2008, 08:34:53 pm »
One more thing. I wanted ya'll to see the photo I posted in the narcisism thread. It is a photo of my sweet Billy from 1982. Soooo cute.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=14186.msg275064#msg275064

tendai

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2008, 06:59:59 am »
ooh wendy. tooooo cute...

tendai

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2008, 07:38:06 am »
verittee - i read the article, i hope it helps in making people aware that AIDS is real and can come into their homes becoz of one mistake..But i dont understnd why they wont give him ARVs. Are they just going to give up on him?

Wishful - we have a saying her that roughly means "money tastes good everyday". So even if u get it tomorrow or july u still gon have a gas spending it ;D

gotta keep our humour up.  this isnt a real note of course. its the 500mill note that someone played around with... :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:37:12 am by tendai »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2008, 08:42:10 am »
Morning ladies,

Just a quick note. 

Mum, I'd really like to take you up on your offer.  Maybe someday if I ever get a car I can travel somewhere with (other than just around the city), I'll do that.  Have you yet gotten your rejection letter?  I would be calling those people daily and harrassing them.  Dealing with government agencies is so aggravating, isn't it.

Wendy, I love that picture.  How adorable.  How old was he there?  My very first job I had when I was 16 was a nurse's aid in a nursing home.  I didn't last long and thought the people there would drive me insane.  Some nasty work also.  And sad when a patient I would get attached to died.  It truly does take patience to work with the elderly. 

Tendai, I agree about keeping up the humor.  How else is someone to make it through?  I can't say I totally understand what the picture was all about, but I'm assuming it was a parody of a real note.  Cute.

Well, this morning I spent an hour on the phone with the IRS.  Of course, most of it was holding.  OK, my primary income is social security disability.  Last year I worked for a month and a half.  When I filed a 1040 in January, I forgot to include my social security income, which meant I wasn't eligible for the stimulus payment, as it wouldn't have shown that I made enough money.  So, at the beginning of May, I filed another 1040.  Then, when I was reading the IRS website, it mentioned filing a 1040X, or an ammended return.  I downloaded one, printed it out, but didn't understand it.  So, I headed for the local IRS office.  The lady there told me not to file it, that the other 1040 I filed would do.  But, while checking the stimulus payment status every day, it still says I'm ineligible for the payment.  So, during my conversation with the IRS today, they informed me that I in fact do need to file an ammended return, that the other 1040 would do nothing to get me the stimulus payment.  Ugh.  This has been one big nightmare for me.  But, I downloaded the 1040X and will fill it out in a little while and mail it. 

Also (a little more bitching), I'm passing huge clots.  I'm assuming this is something normal and if I don't have debilitating pain, the period will eventually cease and desist. ;)   I hope I can eventually get like a few ladies I know who are on Depo and not have periods anymore. 

I didn't go to the volunteer orientation last night, because I felt like I had an elephant on my chest.  I did e-mail the lady in charge of it though, and apologized and asked her to keep me informed of when the next orientation is.  This morning, sinuses still plugged, chest still tight.  I suppose in a little while I'll call the doc's and make an appointment.  I just don't like to let things in the chest go too long. 

Other than that, I'm going to do laundry today.  And probably buy some more tampons.  I'll be back later.  I hope you ladies have a good morning. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

tendai

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2008, 09:48:53 am »
I hope u feel better soon Betty.  Try and get as much rest as possible and all that, maybe some good old fashioned chicken soup.  I've also got my period but u wouldnt want to know how we substitute for tampons  :o

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008, 12:18:17 pm »
Wendy, I love that picture.  How adorable.  How old was he there? 
He was 23 years old. Pictures of him in uniform. He was a Marine. He looks like he is like 12 years old.
I'll have to scan one later today.
Billy and I are about to leave to take the mentally retarded man I told you all about out to watch a movie and to the aquarium. He is visiting his parents from a home and the family doesnt really do anything with him like this.

u wouldnt want to know how we substitute for tampons  :o
Now you got me curious.

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008, 01:32:15 pm »
Hello Ladies  ;D

I just wanted to stick my head in and let everyone know I'm still alive and kicking.  It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do so I will work on it and hopefully have some time to post more later  .  .  .

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2008, 04:24:52 pm »
Hey everyone, hope all is well or as well as can be expected with you girfriends...Betty i hope u feel better hun..i hate when aunty comes...(she is here now as well and i cant wait till she leaves!)..the stimulus shit is real pain in the ass isnt it?...im still waiting but i did get my letter yesterday tellin me the amount n stuff so hopefully ill get it monday......

I think the peeps at child support have their heads up their asses...they havent even processed my shit and florida has had it since early april...they just now telling me they needed me to write a statement of what he and i agreed to when i stopped the support before and how he breached it....im like it took yall all that time to say that bull?...but i did the damn letter and faxed it to my rep in nj (cus now florida wont even talk to me)...i swear he has his Law hands in this shit somewhere.......

I hear you Tendai:..but when u broke you want that money Today!!!!

Netta : Wow hun im sorry that happened to you..some men are fucking slime...(as we all know)...and prolly didnt see anything wrong wit what he did..fuckin nympho...yes girls i have a fucking potty mouth today and i was gonna say im sorry but im not....i just feel like fucking cussing..so please excuse me... :(

My kids are leaving and the closer it gets the meaner I am. I m very sensitive right now and I even entertained breaking up with yungin cus i feel he is unavailble to me emotionally....but everytime i turn around he has some kinda crisis i have to hear about for fucking days...at least i say my shit and be on with it ..u know?..but maybe im being a bitch....So what if I am.??.I think I have earned the right to after all the bullshit I have been thru!

Mum: im considering learning a new hobby or focusing on one more..bcus i am in my head all the time...i am tired of going to bed at night alone..i want my bf to move in but i dont think he is ready but i really dont know cus he keeps his feelings bottled up...I am just feeling really lonely lately...My friend is acting funny with me with the girl across the street and i feel some kinda way about that....the other girl is doin things for her and kinda teasing me about it...saying things like..Jamie..me n t went on a date today..etc..like sh eknows it will get me mad...she isnt even  my friend, so im like wtf..leave me the fuck alone already, cus i do alot for t too but you see how she acting towards me..thats why i dont fuck with bitches now...DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!

i know i know i know..but i cant help ..ive been wanting to scream for days now.......

ok im gonna post some more when i go wash my mouth out....
Love you guys!
Live life to the fullest...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2008, 07:56:06 pm »
Evening ladies,

Tendai, I'm also curious.  What do you use for tampons?

Wendy, wow.  I thought he was a teen.  It sounds like you're having a busy time.  It's really nice that you're doing that for that guy. 

Wish, rant away, sister.  I say fuck the punks.  I don't know what to tell you about your relationship though.  I'm not good at relationships.  That's why I try to avoid them at all costs.  Truly.  I have a tight circle of good friends, not a lot, just a few trustworthy ones.  We tell each other everything, troubles etc. and that helps. 

This place helps me tremendously.  I just got done watching the movie "And the Band Played On" (I own it).  Every time I watch it, it gets me very emotional.  I remember the very late 80's, very early 90's living with this virus.  Sitting next to friends who passed from various things (Kaposi's, toxoplasmosis etc.).  I well remember the prejudice, the stigma that used to exist in those days, the lack of funding etc.  I'm sorry if I'm rattling on.  If more attention would have been paid to AIDS back then, they might have gotten it under control.  But the government didn't pay any attention when it first broke out because of prejudice against gay men.  That's my take.  If any of you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it.  There's just been too many lost lives; way too many. 

Well, I do have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow.  I'm having a lot of chest congestion.  So I broke down and made an appointment since it doesn't seem to be clearing on its own.  I did get the laundry done.  Other than that, that's been about it for today.  I hope you ladies are having a good evening. 

Queen, you're missed.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

tendai

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2008, 05:24:42 am »
Good morning all

Good luck at the doctors Betty. I havent watched that movie.  i get very weepy watching sad movies.  Its a good thing that governments have changed their attitudes towards AIDS or we'd all be talking different stories now. Its just a shame that so many people had to die and may yet still die of this thing.

Wish - rant all you want girl.  I can understand your frustration. Reminds me of the movie Sleeping with the Devil.  Maybe its your period making you all emotional girl dont go breaking up with yungin just yet  ;)  Your friend is being a bit childish i think

About the tampons, we just use plain old cotton wool, just roll it up into a tube and push it in like a tampon.  Works fine like a tampon, its the extraction part that sucks. You have to be careful not to push it in too far of course or u'll really be screwed.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:38:57 am by tendai »

Offline minismom

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2008, 07:12:06 am »
Good morning my sweeties from wild, wonderful, "where the heck is my flannel robe", WV.  The thermometer outside is showing a crisp 50 degrees.  We're slated to get up to a nice comfy 69.

Wish, my darling, you rant all you want.  If you don't let the pressure out of the pot, it's gonna blow.  That's what we're here for.  Don't ever feel bad about it.

Wendy: that's really sweet of you and Billy.  Are you as patient with kids, because I've got a couple I'll mail to you. ;D

Betty: let me know what your doctor says.  I went through 2 rounds of different anti-biotics and several rounds of steroids.  So far, nothing has worked.  I bought a Primatene inhaler and keep it close at hand.  When the elephant refuses to move, it helps relieve the pressure so I can breathe.  I've coughed so much that i start to sweat and get light headed.  My poor chest muscles are so sore that I don't think they'll ever recover.  I didn't get a rejection letter, but when we talked to the secretary, she told me that I filled out the wrong form.  I filled out EXACTLY what the website told me to fill out.  So, I filled out the other form, printed off the signature sheet, made copies of my "proof of citizenship" (because you just KNOW they've "lost" the other copies), and mailed it all off yesterday.  We haven't gotten our stimulus check, but we got back our State tax refund.  It went to pay off the car repairs from the spring.  The stimulus check, if it ever comes, should finish paying off the debt - unless something else decides to break.

I started yesterday, too.  It wasn't a happy day for mama or anyone else in the family.  We spent from 9am - 4:30pm outside building the kids' trampoline that my parents got them for Christmas.  It was a beautiful, cool, day to be outside.  What we didn't realize was how big it is - 13x13 and nearly as tall as our house.  The yard is uneven, so Hubby had to dig 2 1/2ft X 4ft trenches on one side for the legs to go in to even it out.  It worked out because now that side is low enough for the kids to climb onto the trampoline without needing a stool.  The directions sucked, nothing was marked, and the parts where mixed up in the boxes.  So, we ditches the directions, and life got much easier from there ;D

Today our oldest turns 11.  It's just so hard to believe. I remember when his little bald head made its debut in this world.  *sigh*  We're having his party on Saturday.  He invited 4 friends over for lunch, then we're taking them to see "Kung Fu Panda" and bringing them all home.  We told him that they didn't have to sit with us as long as they sat in front of us and somewhere that we could see them.  AND, if they couldn't behave themselves, then Hubby would go sit with them - so save him a seat as a reminder.

No big plans for today.  I have laundry to do - what's new? - and am really contemplating letting the rest of the housework wait and sitting outside with my book enjoying the day.  The kids will live on the trampoline.  You all have a wonderful Wednesday.  Much love to each of you. :-*

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2008, 08:34:31 am »
Morning ladies,

Tendai, oh. I was expecting something really bizarre, like tying a bunch of twigs together or something. :P  But, it still doesn't sound too pleasant. 

Mum, well happy birthday to the oldest!  And tell him I said so.  It's probably in the 50's here right now and is supposed to get up to 70.  I just love this weather so much better than the intense heat.  I wish it would stay like this all summer.   I will let you know what the doctor says.  This could all have been avoided if he would have listened to me last week when I e-mailed him about some antibiotics because of my sinuses.  I know my body best.  But, of course, some doctors think they know better. 
I'm sure your kids will enjoy that trampoline.  I hope they're careful.  Trampolines always made me nervous.  And ditch the housework I say.  It'll be there tomorrow (which is the day I clean).

Other than going to the doctor, all else I have to do is go to the ASO beforehand to get some food from their food pantry.  A lot of the food pantries around here are running short on food because of so many more people and families having to use them (due to lack of work, layoffs etc).  Most of them have to shut down early and trim what they give to people.  I went to one earlier in the month and only got one bag of food.  I'm grateful for that, don't get me wrong.  But I usually get 3-4 bags.  Times are tight, all over.  I put $20 of gas in my car a couple days ago, and it only gave me 1/4 tank.   I do have an 8-cylinder, but $20 used to give me 1/2 tank.   I did fill out the ammended tax return yesterday, and I'll mail it off today.

I talked to a friend of mine a couple days ago who has 74 days clean (now add a couple more days).  He was strung out on Oxycontin for years, as well as tranquilizers.  Of course, he would always run out early and would try to kill himself.  Not just in simple ways; he actually stabbed himself in the chest several times once, and the last time he poured gasoline on himself and tried to set himself on fire.  His mother diverted that one.  So, now he's finally clean for the 1st time in years.  He's staying by Indianapolis right now and they're going to help him get his own apartment.  Oh, he also is HIV+.   Anyway, I'm so happy for him and his mother.  He was living with his mother on her farm; she's elderly and this has really taken a toll on her.  But she's thrilled beyond words and so am I.  He told me he's going to talk to IU's (Indiana University) medical students about being HIV+ and being strung out on prescription medication.

I know there really is some goodness in life.  I think sometimes I sound like all I do is complain and I don't mean to.  There are people all over who have it much, much worse than I do.  Life is hard in its own way for everyone.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.

Offline wishful

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2008, 08:39:43 am »
Thanks ladies...

Tendai: i knew somoene would say that (it being my period)...but im only crazy BEFORE my period..once its here im good...So these emotions are pure.....but im  a little better today...My friend tho..im not feeling her..last night she asked to borrow my car to go to pizza hut....granted she took my kids...her n the girl across to street went..(the other girl drove too)..but neither of them asked me to go...but the other girl gonna make a statement ..whats wrong Jamie u look lonely....i stuck my middle finger up at her n screamed dont fuck with me girl...then she was like whats wrong with u giiirl..i went in the house n slammed the door....

But ill be all good..when the kids go with their dad..I'll be doin my own thing...

Yungin doesnt get my emotions....all he can say when i say " i feel ...." is i feel that way too........im like OH MY GOD...that isnt going to solve anything....i need a little break away from some folks for a while...i think ima go stay a weekend somewhere next weekend..with my little bit of stimulus money ..fuck them bills...

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:07 am »
Wish - Girl I hear you. Sometimes we have to sau fuck them bills. Im going out ot day to get my toes and nails done. Hell I got my stimulus check and seem to be spending it one everyone except me. So I stand with you and say fuck. I sorry Pooh you feel so down. I get like that sometimes. Hubby thinks i'm going crazy at times. He made me kinda angry with him last night so we when to sleep without talking to each other. Men have to realize we have feeling to. The can do shit and say shit to us and think it is good but as soon as we say or do something we done hurt their feelings.
How is your oldest acting now?

Mum, Tell the baby I said Happy Happy Birthday day. Doesn't it just get to you to see your babies growing up. I wanted to get my kids a trampoline but im kinda scared they will end up on top of the house. P.S. Mum Im a director at a childcare center. I run a center of 7 employees and 47 children.

Betty- I hope everything comes out fine at the doctor. I have an 8 cylinder truck. Boy gas can kick my ass. I was on 3/4 of a tank and it took 35 to fill it back up. I try not to let the hand get to low because its a mother to fill that bitch back up. lol

Tendai- Living in Africa sounds amazing to me. Have you been there your whole life?

Well nothing exciting today. Going to work on a little homework for the week and try to get my paper done before Monday. I have an appointment tomorrow to get labs done again. I so hope im u/d. my last VL was 100. Well im off to do nothing.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2008, 09:14:24 am »
Please forgive my spelling this morning. I just woke up. I know next time to let my eyes open all the way up before I get on the net.

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2008, 09:51:54 am »
I do not have much time at present - hope to get on later

But tendai  -

I have to confess I too was curious about the tampons?

If it helps I  am in my 50s and believe me in the UK when I first started my periods at 10 years, we lived in the country with no transport and no shops to sell anything for periods and even if you did it was unusual to have  tampons or even what we call 'sanitary towels' here

So most of the time we used what we called 'rags'  - cotton material from old clothes torn into strips, pinned to our pants and burnt in the fire after use.

Later if we wanted to go out without this awful 'rag' we would stuff cotton waste, cotton rag or cotton wool up there i.e roll it into a tube as you describe, I did this for many years actually as I could not really afford tampons until the 1980s

I also wanted you to know that of course this is wrong...................

..But i don't understand why they wont give him ARVs. Are they just going to give up on him?

As of course he is on ARVs and also stuff/medication every day  for PCP pneumonia, also antihistamines for a continuous rash and many other meds

What I actually said was:

Barry, when he found he was HIV positive, had reached the point where he was considered by our consultant to have AIDs and not just HIV. Therefore the effectiveness of anti-retroviral drugs for him is not so certain. But with the improvements made in the last few years in medications for people even with AIDs, we hope that he has many years to live.

But unfortunately they cut it down - and a lot of other things I said - and what they printed was:

'Barry, whose illness is too advanced for anti-retroviral drugs and is now back home'

The media print what you like whatever you say - you can only try to make it accurate and hope they report it as you said it.

But maybe having decided to tell our story it will help to raise awareness, reduce stigma, raise the question of 'should routine testing be available' and many other issues

Or perhaps I wasted my time?  I do not know but I thought I had to try as beleve me the general public in the UK know less about HIV than I believe most public in most countries of the world

In the UK, well certainly in the rural area we live, they think it just 'not their problem'

i.e if you are not gay or a drug users why should you concern yourself with HIV??????

I now know different - So I have to try  :)

Veritiee
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:00:09 am by Veritee »
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline minismom

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 11:57:12 am »
Keeping, I am very impressed.  I barely have the patience for my own kids, let alone 47 "other" kids.  Although compared to adults, I say give me kids anytime ;).  You're daycare is open on Saturday or are you taking a special trip out?  This trampoline is cool.  The netting comes pre-attatched to the jumping mat and has a netted roof, too.  It's big enough for all 6 kids to jump at the same time.  Well, the oldest 5 jump, our poor wee #6 ends up on her back or honkus and gets bounced around.  I can't watch them go up and down or I get motion sick.  They've been jumping for 2hrs already. 

I went out and trimmed our bushes.  They were getting pretty unruly.  Good intentions, but bad idea.  The mucous in my chest got thick and I ended up hacking.  I came in and took some meds, washed my hands and face and changed clothes so i wouldn't have any residual "stuff" all over me.  Anyway, I was getting ready to cut the last bush and I accidently cut the extention cord.  Now we have 7 pretty bushes and 1 crazy looking one.  I told Hubby that the crazy looking one was me..lol.  Our youngest son, he's 5, helped me bag up all the clippings and sweep the steps and walkways.  Now he's out helping Hubby fix (again) the lawn mower.  I've never seen a kid love to get his hands into stuff.  He's got his own real hoover vacuum and we just found a rotary mower that he's getting when we get paid on the 1st.  Want to guess what he NEVER gets punished from..lol!

Oh, speaking of which, you all probably know about this, but Hubby found a solar dryer on-line.  Before he ordered it, he googled the company name + coupons, discounts, and special offers.  He found a code for free shipping. The offer wasn't on the website.  He plugged it in and it worked - saved us $17.  So, if you order anything on line, try it and see if they are offering any specials. 

Time to feed the boogletts.
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2008, 12:57:28 pm »

Wendy, wow.  I thought he was a teen. 
February 1980. Billy was 21 in this picture. He looks 12.

6 months later he has a mustache. Guess he was trying to look older.

Wendy: that's really sweet of you and Billy.  Are you as patient with kids, because I've got a couple I'll mail to you. ;D
LOL I can handle most kids in small doses. Depending on how rotten they are of course. I usually keep my cool fairly well.
Its the people that I think should know better that I blow my top with.

About the tampons, we just use plain old cotton wool, just roll it up into a tube and push it in like a tampon.  Works fine like a tampon, its the extraction part that sucks. You have to be careful not to push it in too far of course or u'll really be screwed.
I've had to stuff toilet paper in my underwear and between the lips before. Not very comfortable...

I'm starving BBL gals.

Offline wishful

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2008, 01:29:03 pm »
Hey Keeping...Girl i forgot to tell yall that....
THAT FOOL STAYED BACK!!!... I am sooo disappointed but so not surprised..her guidance counselor was trying to help her so much ..im like...you cant have her keep believing that if she Does nothing she can still get something..thats bull....she did shit so she gets shit and thats the way i teach her. They like her soo much ..they think she soo cute...but i dont want them filling her head up with nonsense...why in the hell try to pass her if she had d's n f's all year??fucking public schools..i wish i could afford to send her someplace else.. she didnt learn shit.....on the bright side she said that next year she is goint ot really work hard and that she cant get mad cus she knows she didnt do any work...and she rather take the classes over anyway so that she can learn something this time.....and that was all her ..no co-ersion from me...i was surprised she said that but that just lets me know that she really does know better...she just has a very poor attitude.....We will see next year though....9th grade again.....

Offline minismom

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2008, 01:40:17 pm »
Wish, been there sweetie.  For the whole 3mths that Mini was in public school (before I pulled her to homeschool), she knew SQUAT!  We'd work with her and work with her and she just wasn't getting it.  I called the school to have her tested and they wouldn't do it.  We pulled her, did our research, and truly believed that she was dyslexic / dysgraphic.  We took her out of state and paid out of pocket (nearly $600) to have her tested.  Low and behold, she was diagnosed dyslexic, dysgraphic, with short-term and long-term memory issues.  TA-DAH!

Anyway, when we mailed off our letter of intent to pull her, her teacher called us in tears.  She wanted us to know that if we sent Mini back, she would NEVER "fail" her and would graciously promote her to 1st grade.  I laughed at her and hung up.  Mini couldn't identify her alphabet, count past 5, count objects, or tell us which number was bigger.  I was horrified! Promoting her was not helping her. Then, they tried to put it off on us like we weren't working with her.  Whatever!

I'm glad that at least your daughter understands her mistakes and is willing to redo 9th grade.  She may not understand or appreciate it now, but she will.

Hang in there, hun!
 :-*Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:18 pm »
Yes hang in there
Mine did not try at all in her last years of school nor in what we call here - 6th form college- and I gave up hope.

But she realised  and then tried hard, succeeded and is now off to university in September
A year late and a year later than her friends but she still got there
I guess it is neve too late
I can not talk either - as I wasted school too and ended up at university even older- at aged 24, I still qualified and have been qualified for more years now than I care to remember

I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2008, 02:51:27 pm »
I was looking at my HIVAidsTribe page and decided to start a blog. I dont know how good I will be at keeping it up to date but here is what I wrote today.

http://www.hivaidstribe.com/blog/view/?ID=3691

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2008, 10:44:06 pm »
Good late evening ladies:

Wish, some guys (people) are really self-centered.  I find that a lot of younger people are like that.  I think time wises people up and makes some people more open-minded. 

Keeping, good to hear from you.  Sorry to hear about that fight with your hubby.  That happens in marriage.  My parents were married 58 years and fought quite often.

Veritee, I never had "rags."  My mom told me when I started having periods that I shouldn't wear tampons.  She said that would lead to infection.  Just really old-school thinking I believe.  I wear tampons and pads at the same time now, as I usually bleed through the tampons. 

Wendy, I love those pictures of Billy.  He does look like he's about 12 in the first picture.  Good going on the blog.  I read it and it was interesting.

I went to the doctor.  I had a fever, but not too high (100.2 or some such).  He said "Betty, you take 3 600mg Ibuprofen a day, so it's not good that you have a fever."  (whatever).  He examined me and told me I have a bad sinus infection, bronchitis and a little pneumonia.   He asked me how much I smoke and I told him I didn't really know, as I smoke roll-your-owns.  When I said that, he made the most hideous face.   I said "well, times are tough."  So anyway, he prescribed an antibiotic, an inhaler and gave me samples he had in his office of Mucinex DM, and told me if I didn't feel better in a week's time to come back (or, of course, if I felt worse).  I'm drinking a lot of water to try to keep the shit I'm spitting out thin (gross, I know).  I got home about 5:30, took my meds, ate some chicken noodle soup and laid down for a couple hours.  Hence the reason I'm up now (because of the 2 hour nap). 

Other than that, I went to the ASO here and got some food.  Nothing else happened.  I hope you ladies have a good night and I'll be back tomorrow.

tendai

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2008, 06:37:38 am »
Tendai, oh. I was expecting something really bizarre, like tying a bunch of twigs together or something. :P 
LOL Betty, fortunately we're not reduced to that just yet.  Some still use the rags but they dont burn them. Wash them and reuse. It makes me wonder what women used before panties were invented. They lock themselves in the house till they finished? Especially during the times when cloth hadnt been invented or hadnt reached certain civilisations, especially in Africa with our animal skins and stuff.  Anyway i hope the medicne you got is going to help.

Keeping -  Yes i'm born and bred in Zimbabwe. By the looks of things, probably going to die here too. Believe me its far from amazing.  U know sometimes i wish we had never been colonised at all.Maybe life would be simple for us. Its a beautiful continent to live in but our leaders are such (fill in appropriate word).  Sorry about the fight with the hubby. U know what they say -  "Dont go to bed angry" and whatnot. Hope u guys have worked it out.

Veritee - i believe you will touch some lives, its not a waste of time. People will realise that this disease can happen to them as well. Do they think everyone who's infected went out looking to get infected? As long as you're having sex with someone theres always a risk. But that magazine might actually do more harm than good if they misquote you like that.

Wishful - im hoping she's learned her lesson when it comes to school. Sounds like u do need a get away from the negativity around you. 

Wendy - Billy does look so young.  I read your blog too. u're off to a great start.. We used to use toilet paper on light days at boarding school  to save on sanitary pads then some woman came and scared us saying that it can cause cancer.  And yes, it was extremely uncomfortable!

Mum - its great u're being so proactive with your daughters education.  My little brothers not so lucky. He doesnt have learning disabilities but his mother would rather concentrate on her stupid useless husband. She wont find a decent school for him coz she's too stingy and would rather spend her money on her stupid husband. I dont know whats to become of him. He should be repeating his O'levels this year but the way i see it he's just going to fail again. Why wont she see that her sons education is a great investment for his and her future? Its so maddening.  I try and scare him showing him examples of people who didnt finish school and how badly their doing now, but i dont think its working..besides its out of his hands..

i got caught ogling our kombi (mini-bus) driver in the rear view mirror on the way to work.  Man was i embarrassed. i quickly averted my eyes though i couldnt help fidgeting in embarrassment. I was busy having impure thoughts about him. he is quite cute though his kombi is almost a death trap, seats moving and shaking at every turn.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2008, 07:48:01 am »
Morning ladies,

Tendai, sometimes I 'ogle' men also (and some women too).  How old is your little brother?  That's sad about him not getting the proper education.  That's a common occurence everywhere it seems.  Kids being passed through without really learning anything.  My state ranks about the lowest in this common test they give kids in certain grades every year (it's called the I-step).  And kids are dropping out of school at alarming rates. 

Well, today I'm not going to do much of anything.  I have to go out and get some rolling papers, oil and milk.  Other than that, I have nothing planned.  I'm going to try soon to only smoke outside.  Especially when things start getting hot and the air conditioning comes back on.  I hate being in a closed up space with smoke. 

Alex has a bad stuffy nose.  So, I gave him the last Mucinex D I had from the last time I had problems with my sinuses.  Hopefully his won't turn into what mine did.  I might give him one of the Mucinex DM's the doc gave me yesterday if he still sounds bad.  No sense in passing this back and forth.  I've only had to use the inhaler once, yesterday evening.   I might use it again in a little while.  I've been taking Welbutrin for the smoking, but the doctor said it might take up to a month before it works. 

Other than that, nothing to report right now.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.

Offline minismom

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2008, 01:59:52 pm »
Betty, hun, I really pray that you feel better soon.  I bought some Musinex DM but so far, it's not working 100%.  I just keep telling myself that one day I'll feel better.  4:30 this morning I woke up to the wonderful symphony of my chest.  When I breathe, it squeaks and sounds like whales.  It's wild, but doesn't help in the sleep department. 

We had another beautiful day today.  My poor head is predicting rain, but so far the only clouds are white and fluffy.  The kids have been outside all day.  They discovered that they can use the snow discs to "grass sled" down our hill.  It's funny and they end up full of grass, but who cares.  They're kids, it's summer.  They bathe when they come in sometime around supper.  My solar dryer came in but the mailman couldn't fit it in his car so Hubby just went into town to pick it up.  The only things that will go in the inside dryer will be #6's clothes because of her skin problems. 

Last night we took the kids to McDonald's for sundaes to celebrate #1's birthday.  I know his party is on Saturday, but I hated not to do something to celebrate it.  Then, we came home and watched the original 1969 "The Love Bug".  The kids loved it.  They just don't make movies like they used to.  Hubby and I rented "The Bucket List" and "The Other Bolin Girl".  We'll watch 1 tonight and the other tomorrow night. (us, not the kids).  The kids'll watch "Mary Poppins" again - another of their favorites.

Nothing much planned for the rest of the day.  I caught up on my sewing before lunch and finished the laundry.  I'm stuck on what to take out for supper.  I'm hoping something will just jump out of the freezer and yell "cook me!".  Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath.  Usually tonight would be left-over night, but we don't have a lot of left-overs.  I need to get the house straightened up, vacuumed and dusted, but I'll do it tomorrow night after the kids come in.  If I do it now, it'll have to be done tomorrow night anyway because of the party on Saturday. 

I hope all of you are having a great day.  Any special plans for the weekend?

Much love to you all  :-*
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2008, 03:26:01 pm »
Hello Ladies! I have been trying to keep up...there is just too much to comment on! Well the last day of school was the 12th and all went well. I started summer school Monday...Kindergarten! What a serious jump! All I can say is that I will NEVER teach kinder. I am just fine in fifth grade. It is amazing what they cannot do! Anyways...I only have to work M-Th for 3 hours so not too bad. Other than that not much help is happening. My sister graduated from high school and the party is tomorrow. I have just been staying busy. It seems like all is well with everyone.

Oh...on the "period"...I was put on the pill to regulate mine because my doctor told me that I was having too many. I was hesitant but I did like the lighter periods and the regularity of them. When I was diagnosed w/HIV and started taking all kinds of meds I stopped the pill. My periods are now lasting 7 days and happening every 3 weeks...I am considering going back on the pill...Now all I have to do is actually make an appointment...LOL!

Have a good weekend everyone!  :) :) :)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2008, 03:37:44 pm »
Thanks Betty and Tendai.

Viv - I am on birth control to help with my periods too. I actually skipped my period this month. It just never came. Which is fine by me. 

I had a rough night. Well the part before going to sleep was awesome. <wink wink>
I woke up at maybe 3 am and puked my guts up. Then went back to bed and proceeded to wake up 8 more times to puke.
Billy went to work for me this morning. Such a sweet heart.

I'm feeling much better. I still havent gotten dressed. LOL
I was laying on the couch and started looking at the wall where Billy had splotched different colors of paint to see which one we would like better because he wants to paint the living room.
Well we have three sample sized cans and the splotches where bugging me so I took out the painting tape and taped off a rectangle on the wall and painted it all one color. LOL
I havent told him. I wanted to see if he would notice.

Offline minismom

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2008, 05:43:45 pm »
I feel like crap.  Nothing else.  Just wanted you know that I feel like crap and Hubby said he'd "take care of dinner."  I assumed that meant he was going to cook.  WRONG!  He ordered pizza and just left to go pick it up.  I dispise pizza.  So, what he should've said was "I'm sorry you're feeling poorly and I appreciate that you were still perfectly willing to cook supper for all of us - like you always do.  You just sit right here with a nice glass of cold water and I'll go spend money that we don't have to go pick up pizza which you hate.  You just rest up for tomorrow when you can cook for us again."

Mum - who feels like crap, has PMS, and is now pissed (and hungry) >:(
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2008, 09:11:08 pm »
Good evening ladies,

Mum, you're right, they don't make kid's movies like they used to.  I remember "The Love Bug," but it's been years since I've seen it.  I always used to love "The Sound of Music," but it's been years since I've seen that also.  And my favorite has to be "The Wizard of Oz."  They'll never make another movie like that.   I'm sorry about the pizza thing.  I love pizza myself, as long as it's not Pizza Hut, Pappa John's or Little Caesar's.  I don't like those places.  They have a really good stuffed pizza place not too far from me, but I rarely go there (they're a little expensive).   I hope the rest of your night goes well.  I made a tuna casserole for supper.

Wendy, I wonder what started your puking in the middle of the night.  Have you been around anyone who's been sick?  I do hope you don't go through that again.  I hate puking, I absolutely loathe it.  I really hope you're feeling better. 

Viv, congratulations on school being out.  I couldn't teach any grades, let alone kindergarten.  I hope the time goes by fast.

Well, I'm still plugged and coughing, but not as bad as right before I went to the doctor's.  When I cough, it's not as hard.   My chest sounds like paper being crumbled when I breathe, but not as bad.  It's always better right after I take the meds, and gets a little messy a couple hours before the next meds are due.  I know it takes a little while to clear, so I'm just going with the flow.  I must say I'm a little jealous of you ladies who have partners who help you out when you're not feeling well.  Happy for you all though.

Alex has really been sneezing and his sinuses sound terrible.  He doesn't want to take anymore decongestants, as he said those make him too drowsy.  I gave him some vitamin C.  I'm trying not to take care of him too much.  I don't want him to think he has a permanent residence here.  He's at an NA meeting right now.  I love it when he goes somewhere, because then I have the place to myself.  He went to his father's on Sunday and brought his sleeping bag with him, so he's sleeping on that right now.  I'm glad because that means I don't have to get the air mattress out every night and set it up.  He's frustrated, I know, looking for a job.  Places around here don't really hire felons.  He was doing some work for a contractor, but that ended.  Of course, I haven't made it hard for him to where he absolutely has to get a job, and I need to do that and quit supplying all his needs.  This is typical of me though-trying to be a caretaker and make everything alright for people who have had it rough.   That's something I need to work on.  I just have a hard time telling people "you have to support yourself."  Does anyone know what I mean?  It's not that Alex asks me for anything.  But then again, he wouldn't have to, because I'm always supplying the things he needs without him having to ask.  Ugh.

The only thing I did today was to go to the store to get some milk and oil.  Other than that, nothing else going on here.  You ladies have a good evening and if anyone has any suggestions on how to get someone to be responsible for themselves (in a nice way), I'm all ears.  Have a good evening ladies.

Offline netta

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2008, 09:24:49 pm »
oh god i hate when i post a reply and it gets deleted somehow before i get to post it !!! anyhow i just posted and i don't want ot do it all over again. Just want to say hi ladies and i will post tomorrow. hope all is well.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline minismom

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2008, 10:15:36 pm »
Vyv, they make kindergarteners go to summer school?

Betty, I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better.  Hopefully this is a good trend up for you.  Hubby and I watched "The Bucket List".  I LOVED it!  Now we're watching "Troy" on AMC - another of my favorites.  Slated for tomorrow night: "The Other Bowlin Sister".  I'm a real sucker for epic movies.  We have "The Sound of Music" and "Wizzard of Oz".  The kids also like "Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang" and, since it runs over 2hrs, I like it, too..LOL. (kids only get to watch TV during "quiet time" after lunch and just before bed).

Netta, if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now: your avitar is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

On an episode of "George Lopez" they're showing a homeschooling episode.  It's convoluted, but funny. ::)

Mum (who is properly doped on Benedryl, Primatene mist, Musinex DM, and cinnamon tea ;D)
www.watoto.com

tendai

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2008, 03:46:58 am »
hie ladies

Betty my litle brother is 18.  At his age he should be writing his A levels but he repeated a year and now he's repeating again for his O levels coz he only passed 2 subjects.

Theres this guy an ex-patient.  busy bringing me food and buying me airtime for my phone and all. wants to 'settle down' with me.  i told him im not interested in a relationship but he seems to think he can convince me.  trying to prove he can take care of me. he doesnt buy snacks or such. he buys things to go home and cook, things like vegetables, meat, onions etc. i thought guys who're trying to make an impression buy things like pizza.  oh well.

we got 7 days to go before we vote.  next friday we be queueing and hoping to vote. im so going to be there no matter how much they try to  intimidate us.  if there is a God we wont turn into another Kenya.  My boss will be going away for three whole weeks from the 1st of July so we going to have one long holiday. That is if all goes well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:00:56 am by tendai »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2008, 07:05:10 am »
Morning ladies,

I really don't have anything else to say since I posted last night.  I just usually post in the morning, so.......

Tendai, I'll be keeping my fingers and legs crossed for the upcoming election.  And when you go on vacation for 3 weeks, does that mean you won't be posting?  I hope you can still post.  I'd sure miss your contributions here.

Still coughing and blowing.  Not much has changed there.  I hope you ladies have a good morning, and mum and Wendy, I hope you guys are feeling better soon.

Offline minismom

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2008, 08:13:50 am »
Good morning ladies!  It's a might bit chilly here - mercury isn't hitting 50F.  Going to get up to near 80, so another beautiful day.  Today is clean the house day. The kids need to clean thier bedrooms and the downstairs playroom.  I've got to get the livingroom and bathroom done.  I won't mop and vacuum until tomorrow.  The kids are going to be in and out so I dont' see the point in doing it twice.  I'm going to bake #1's cake and the stuff for tomorrow's lunch tonight, too.

Betty, what antibiotic did the doc put you on?  My 1st round was Zithromax with prednisone.  It was a 5-day regiment that never did work.  I forget what my 2nd round was but it was a 10 day regiment that worked for a couple of days.  I really hope that you get this knocked out soon.

I just saw on the news where a group of 15yr olds vowed to all get pregnant and raise their babies together - 17 of them are already pregnant.  The shocking thing to me is that some got pregnant by a 24yr old homeless man that they "sought out".  I hope these girls are being tested for STD's.

Kiddies are still sleeping so I'm going to grab my book and see if I can't get a couple of chapters read.

Mum :-*
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2008, 01:17:15 pm »
Wendy, I wonder what started your puking in the middle of the night.  Have you been around anyone who's been sick?  I do hope you don't go through that again.  I hate puking, I absolutely loathe it.  I really hope you're feeling better. 

No, Its nothing like that. Its something that occasionally happens to me since I started taking meds again. It might be when I take it or what I have or have not eaten when I take my meds or if I have taken anything else around the time I take my meds. Who knows. Could be that these pills have reached their maximum toxicity level and my body is trying to reject the poison. LOL

I still think its funny how a 100 lb woman. Not that I am that small. And a 200 lb man are supposed to take the same dosage.

I still feel like shit but I'm not puking. I've been eating things like soup, toast, oatmeal and scrambled eggs. I might try chicken and rice tonight.

I just saw on the news where a group of 15yr olds vowed to all get pregnant and raise their babies together - 17 of them are already pregnant.  The shocking thing to me is that some got pregnant by a 24yr old homeless man that they "sought out".  I hope these girls are being tested for STD's.
:o Thats just absolutely ridiculous. <shakes head>

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2008, 02:09:13 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Mum, the doctor put me on Amoxicillin, 3 x a day for 10 days, and Albuterol inhaler every 4 hours as needed, and Mucinex DM, which he gave me samples of.  I cleaned my apartment today also.  I only have an effiiciency, so it doesn't take me too long to clean it. 

Wendy, one morning after taking my meds, I puked.  But with me, there are some meds that are really meant to be taken with food.  Well, I didn't used to have to (take them with food), but apparently since I'm getting older, I guess I do now.  I'm glad you're able to eat some.  And I hope you're able to keep fluids down.  Don't get all dehydrated on me. :)

Well, this morning around 9:00, I put some meat, carrots, potatoes and an onion in the crockpot.  In about an hour I'm going to see how everything turned out.  I haven't used my crockpot in a very long time, so I thought it was about time (actually, I think it's been since that thread was going about crockpot recipes).  I have some ground beef, tomatoes, and black beans.  I wonder if I could turn that into anything using the crock?  If you ladies have any ideas, please let me know.  I also have some chicken and bbq sauce and would love to make bbq chicken in the crock, but I just don't know how.  If anyone knows how to accomplish this, please let me know.  Thanks ahead of time.  I'm very crockpot illilterate.

Nothing else going on.  Like I said, I cleaned, then took a shower.  I still feel like shit, but I smell good.  Have a good afternoon ladies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2008, 06:28:32 pm »
HEY LADIES, I MISS YOU ALL
Just breezing through like I have been doing lately. I hope that will soon come to an end because our cable and internet will be back on Monday. But my damn laptop screen died on me. Isn't that some shit!!! A friend of mine has a computer for sale so I may buy his from him in a few weeks or the first week of July, it's when I get my rent rebate back. I plan on trying to get this car up and running too, still. I finally did get my stimulus check on Friday the 13th, of all days. So, I immediately went down and put some money on my son's books, it was overdue, I was suppose to have done it this month but with the trip to Pittsburgh, I wasn't able to.

My gay friend is back living with me again but he is doing good this time. His ex is just being a major ass. My son finally had his hearing and they dropped all the charges but one. The remaining charge carries up to seven years and his lawyer is concerned he may get the max because my son doesn't seem to show any remorse. And my sister who raised him that i don't get along with decided to show up at my house yesterday. I'm not stupid, I knew it was strictly a fishing expedition for info on my son, and I was only too happy to let her know. Why? Because she always tries to rub my nose in stuff and for me to be able to tell her what was going on told me that my son has not written her. And I knew it burned her up to know that I am in the loop on things with him and she is not. I know it sounds childish but I couldn't help myself.

I am still going through crap with my landlord about the bugs. I had to call code enforcement on him to get him to come back out. But when he came with the same stuff I had used which didn't do any good, I totally flipped. I was screaming at the top of lungs and so upset that I broke out into tears. I went to the DJ to file a complaint against him but after talking to the code enforcement guy, I know they will blow it off because by law he is only required to exterminate before a tenant moves in which sucks. And he put the boric acid down so freaking thick all over the place, you would've thought it was cocaine. I know he did it on purpose hoping it would kill my cats because I was raising so much hell. We left the stuff down for almost 2 weeks before we worried about inhaling it in ourselfs, that's how much of that stuff he has laid out. It took us two days to clean the kitchen alone. Some of the bugs are dying but there are still plenty running around. I am hoping since my ASO helps with my rent that they will talk to the landlord and let me break my lease, it's up in September anyways.

I had to give up 13 vials of blood for the liver specialist in Pittsburgh, I thought I was going to faint. My ID doc finally took me off the Dapsone and the therapist took me off the Celexa. So, I am down to just four pills now and happy. I am sorry to hear about the problems some of you ladies have been having, I wish I could comment more but I'll wait til I get this computer in a few weeks. Til then, you ladies stay strong and keep your head up.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2008, 08:37:09 pm »
OMG!  Queen, you are so missed here.  It's hard sometimes trying to keep this thread going.  Can't wait until you get your new computer!  And sorry to hear you're still having problems with the bugs. :-*

Offline minismom

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2008, 12:10:53 am »
Betty, black beans in the crockpot is really easy.  Just put them in the crock pot and cover them with water.  Add a bit of salt, some pepper, and chopped up onion, and a bit of ham (optional)  Turn that puppy on, put on the lid, and let it go.  Stir it every once in a while and add more water if you need it - but you shouldn't.  Make hamburger patties with the ground meat and bake them at 350 for about 20 minutes.  VOILA!  Dinner is served.  (You can do this with ANY raw bean: kidney, navy, black eyed peas, white beans, etc)

BBQ chicken is EXACTLY what we had for supper.  Again, really easy in the oven or the crockpot.  First, are you dealing with boneless / skinless or bone-in?  The way you cook it doesn't change, just the amount of time.  For b/s in the crockpot, just put some BBQ sauce in the bottom, put in the chicken, and cover with more sauce.  Turn it on and let it go till it's done.  For bone in, do the same, but you may need to add a bit of water since you'll be cooking it for longer.  In the oven (the way I cooked it tonight): pre-heat the oven to 350F.  Put a bit of BBQ in the bottom of a baking dish - I use a 9X13 cake pan.  Cover with BBQ sauce and pop it in the oven.  For b/s, about 30minutes.  For bone-in, about an hour. 

For #1's party tomorrow, I'm making taco meat.  I bought hard and soft shells, tortilla chips, salsa, cheese, olives, refried beans, and sour cream.  I'll put it all on the table and the kids can make tacos, burritoes, nachos, whatever-o's.  It's easy, quick, a cinch to clean, and it ISN'T pizza.  I'm still debating what kind of cake.  I may just make a giant chocolate chip cookie and ice it with chocolate icing - all sugar-free, of course. ;D 

We watched "The Other Boelyn Girl" and i must say that it was fabulous.  The special features were helpful and very enjoyable also.  I highly recommend it.  The impact that Anne Boelyn had on the history of England is quite phenominal and something that I never realized.  The movie was based on a book that I'm now going to go get and read.  I'll let you know how it is when I'm finished with it.

Big hugs, kisses, and sweet dreams to you all!

www.watoto.com

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2008, 08:35:56 am »
Hello Ladies.    Betty, Thank you and everyone else for being concerned about me.I apologize for making ya'll worry.                                                                               We have mostly been staying in Greensboro but are back at the regular house now. I had a fuck up and managed to fuck quite a few things up in a space of a couple weeks. However Robert is okay and I am okay now. He stayed with the folks while I was fucking up.  I straightened up in time to go to his pre-K graduation.   I start back to work this Sunday and will be on a shorter schedule, only 3 shifts per week, which is good.   Not very talkative but felt like I should let ya'll know we are okay.      Love ya'll.    Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2008, 08:37:35 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, I should have been more specific, though I appreciate your recipes.  The black beans I have are canned (already cooked).  I was wondering if maybe someone had made chili with black beans and ground beef before.  Those tacos sound wonderful.  It's been eons since I made tacos.  How are you feeling by the way?  

I really miss our regular posters-Cristy, whom I haven't been able to get ahold of :-\; Snow, Wish, Cin, Drag, Camms (haven't heard from her in an age), Viv, I know I'm forgetting someone, but I sure miss you all.  It was good to hear from Queen last night.  I know she'll be back regularly when she can.

I'm still blowing and coughing.  I think this one's going to take awhile to get rid of.  I suppose I should have gone to the doctor sooner, but I was thinking it was just some virus that would go away on its own.  Anyway, my best gay friend came over yesterday afternoon and brought me a box of Mucinex DM and a chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A.  He's such a sweetie.

Alex sounds horrible also.  He's not coughing, but blowing, sneezing and his eyes are all puffy.  I gave him a Mucinex DM last night. He probably needs an antibiotic, but I'm not sure how he'll get one.  He has no insurance and no money.  I wish I could just get some more from the doctor, but that ain't happening.  I just hope we don't pass this back and forth.  I suppose if worse comes to worse with him, there's always the ER and I think Wal-Mart fills scripts pretty cheap.  

Anyway, I really don't have anything planned today.  I think Alex is supposed to go somewhere with Joe and if he does, I'm laying back down.  I feel a little weak.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.

Cristy-you posted when I hit the "post" button.  I'm sorry for whatever it was you went through, but sometimes we all have to go through things to come out on the other side.  If you ever feel the need to talk, give me a call.  You know I'll talk to you anytime.

Offline minismom

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2008, 07:33:50 pm »
Oh, well, sorry Betty but i have NO idea how to make blackbean chili.  But, i do suppose you can make it the same as regular chili.  The Musinex DM seems to be working, but that's the problem.  Getting stuff to work isn't the problem, it's getting stuff to KEEP working.  #1's party went ok.  Hubby's job was to order and pick up the icecream cake from DQ.  And, in his defense, the cake was ordered and picked up.  It had lovely red roses all over it and the name was written in pink.  It would've been perfect, except #1 is a BOY!!  To avoid words, i sliced the cake, gave the roses to the girls and my mom, and put the candles in #1's slice.  No one was the wiser and the girls loved that their pieces had flowers.

We haven't had tacos in probably a year.  I wasn't sure anyone would eat them, but I have just enough left for some nacho snacks tomorrow.  The movie was really cute and the kids were very well behaved.  But, now we are all tired, no one got a nap, and it looks like we'll be turning in early before we strangle each other.

Cristy, hun, it's wonderful to hear from you again.  I'm glad that you and Robert are doing well.  Congrats on his graduation...they grow up way to fast.

Ok, I'm tired and need to wind down.  Love to you all!
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2008, 08:05:04 pm »
Good evening ladies,

Well, nothing exciting happened today.  I had some chicken soup and cheese for lunch.  Alex went to an art show with our friend Joe, so I had like an hour nap.

Mum, it sounds like the party went well.   Dairy Queen screwed up the cake, but you handled it really well.  Tacos do sound good.  I might have to make them soon.

I'm probably going to watch one of my movies tonight.  I'd like to watch "Amadeus."  It's been a long time since I've seen that one.  Nothing else going on.  I hope you ladies have a good evening.  Wendy, I hope you're feeling alright.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2008, 03:22:36 pm »
Well, nothing going on here, eh?  I can't believe no one's posted since yesterday, so I'm gonna kick it off and see if this thread gets any more action.

Today I'm really feeling crappy, so all I really did was to brush my teeth, wash my face and change my clothes.  I was going to take a shower, but I really don't have the energy.  I'm also not cooking today (mum, I don't know how you do it).  I'm probably going to have some soup in a bit and hopefully watch "Amadeus" since I didn't last night.  I might try to read also.  I'm reading a book called "Going Home-Jesus and Buddah as Brothers."  It's actually a very good book.  I've read it before, but it's worth another read.  It was recommended by a friend of mine.  Tonight I'll be watching the Chicago Cubs/Chicago White Sox game.  I've been following that series ('cause I'm a true Cubs fan) and the Cubs have been kicking ass (yay).  Seriously, yesterday in the 4th inning, the Cubs got 9 (yep, nine) runs scored.  I was hollering, I was so excited.  And my brother called me, 'cause he's a true Cubs fan too, and was watching the game at his place. 

Other than that, nothing has been going on.  I'm not blowing as much as I was; but now I'm coughing all the time again.  Yeah, I know, if I would quit smoking roll-your-own cigarettes (or quit smoking altogether), I would clear up.  Well, that ain't happening, so I'll just suck it up and wait it out.  I hope you ladies have a good day.  Cristy, I'm thinking of you.  And I was serious about the offer to talk-you have my number.  Call anytime.

Edited to add:  Tendai, I just read a report about Mugabe's competitor dropping out of the election.  I am so, so sincerely sorry.  Please let us know how you're doing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 03:38:15 pm by Bettytacy »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2008, 03:48:59 pm »
hey Ladies,

how you all doing? it's been so busy here, i had so much work to catch up on and needing to save my arm i have minnimized my internet activities...

Cristy, I am so sorry to hear youve been thru such a rough period but glad youre back on safe shores. i hope you enjoyed Robert's graduation.

Betty, glad you feel a little better. I'm watching spain-italy play in the football (soccer) eurocup right now, it's halftime. i have to watch on my laptop cos the tv is broken (but we still use it for dvds)

Viv I hope you enjoy summer school, sounds like 3 hours is plenty

Wishful how is it going? how are the kiddies?

Queen that sucks so much about the bugs, I didnt get what kind they are, like cockroaches? eugh. hope the cats are ok.

Mom hope it goes better with all those meds. did you have a good vacation?

Netta, what crafts do you do? that's the spirit leave that stench behind...

i have been sad and emtional lately, i am also reading a brilliant book which makes me think a lot, about what women are, and what men are. its called "the crimson petal and the white". on the back cover of the book there's a review "this book is better than sex". well i dunno about that but its pretty amazingly good, although there're so many good books out there.
This is going to be another super-busy week for me, and also my BF is leaving midweek for spain, and i wont see him for about 6 weeks (i'll fly home also next month). so i guess i'll try to spend some quality time with him in the next days even with work piling up (right now though hes watching the game on a big screen at a bar with other spanish people).

I have missed so many posts.. so sorry for ignoring some of you cos writing off the top of my head.

Finally, I have been very disheartened to read this piece of news about the elections in Zimbabwe. I guess we'll here from Tendai about that. My heart just dropped...  :'(

Thinking of you all, not so much here in person, but in spirit - hugs to all of you

sorry forgot link
http://fe4.news.sp1.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080622/ap_on_re_af/zimbabwe;_ylt=ArWOuCC0SkmUaCQx1weGP05vaA8F

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 03:54:06 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2008, 08:04:58 pm »
I just read the article, Drag, thank you for the link.  I'm totally speachless.  Tendai, our prayers go out to you and your countrymen in this really rough time.

Betty, I haven't smoked anything in over 15yrs and I'm STILL dealing with the coughing - 8mths and counting.  I was doing really well today, and then about 6 i couldn't catch my breath.  By 7:15, I was sucking the peace pipe (breathing machine) and wolfing down Musinex.  I'm feeling somewhat better, but my nose is still running.  This just sucks. 

I didn't cook today.  I took out the leftovers, heated them up and asked what the kids wanted for lunch.  For supper, I made everyone sandwiches and I heated up a bowl of chili.  I have to get up early tomorrow morning and go grocery shopping.  I make a menu then draw my list from it.  I shop for 2wks at a time except for incidentals (like milk which we go through 8 gallons / wk).  I'm hoping to get out by myself, but I won't hold my breath.

Hubby got my solar dryer up today.  I'll get to finally use it tomorrow.  Going to try and clean out the garage and the barn this week and get the boys' room ready to paint. (yippy)  That's about all i've got for today.  The rain is coming and my head is pounding. :'(

Much love to all of you!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.