Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:15:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 275
Total: 276

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Oral receptive sex from unknown status working girl  (Read 33204 times)

Offline RapidRod

Re: Oral receptive sex from unknown status working girl
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2007, 01:13:50 pm »
You do not need further testing. You are NEGATIVE..

Offline Selvin

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2007, 02:06:34 pm »
Thanks Rapid Rod. I won't ask the same question over again because I do not want to get banned from the site. I have to much respect for the knowledge of the people that devote their time to helping others. I had so many things in my life go wrong because of the worry. I applied for a new job in my company and got it due to not thinking clearly I had to quit. Lucky for me I found another job. I went for counseling for 3 months and was diagnosed with OCD, Depression and A.D.D. AND hiv phobia. My risk was receiving fellatio and you can bet I learned my lesson. Well I will not ask the same question again. But thanks Rapid Rod again. 256 days negative a good feeling.

Offline Selvin

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2007, 12:51:09 pm »
Hi all. I had one final question this from my own curiosity. Is it ever needed to test out to one year? I tested at a place called medical access screenings. They test you and the next day you get your results. They have counselors that say exactly what this forum says and that is 3 months for a normal immune system and oral is not worth testing on. My fear is that I just want to get to after 08/24/2007. That is the one year mark. This will be my last post as I do not wish to get banned. But I wish I could talk to some of the experts here.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2007, 12:53:13 pm »
Waste your money, it's to do what you want to do with. You don't need testing out to a year. You are conclusively negative.

Offline Selvin

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2007, 12:10:14 pm »
I was kind of curious. Has anyone ever came up positive at one year that tested negative at 9 months for one same exposure.In this case fellatio? I am still not able to let this go. Even after the counseling I went through. I tested at exactly nine months and access medical screening says I am wasting my money. I had a blood test at 271 days which is 9 months. Does anyone know of a good counselor to see in Pittsburgh? Before they tried to treat me for OCD but it did not work. Sorry to be so hard headed. To be truthful this is my testing days:
25, 42, 56, 67, 84, 117, 130, 150, 161, 171, 176, 181, 189, 203, 215, 230, 243, 256, 271.
PCR at 25 days. The last 6 days were all blood test from Lab Corp.

I wonder if Post traumatic stress disorder is what I suffer from due to worrying so long and hard.
Another reason is earlier in my waiting a lady at the Allegheny county health department said to be absolutely sure you had to test out to one year. To me that seems kind of long. Since no one else said that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2007, 12:49:21 pm »
Selvin,

NO, not one single person has ever come up positive after nine months following getting a blowjob. They've not come up positive at one, two, three, four, five, six, seven or eight months after getting blown either. NOBODY has EVER tested positive after gettng a blowjob at ANY time.

You ARE hiv negative. I suggest you go back into counseling for your anxiety. We cannot help you with that here. Please read through the posting guidelines in the Welcome thread and take notice of what it says about repeated posting over a no-risk, conclusively negative situation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Selvin

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2007, 01:01:21 pm »
I have made arrangements to resume counseling over this issue. This will help me to end my fears. Thank you Ann for your response.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2007, 02:21:42 pm »
"I was kind of curious." Uh uh, Sel.

After all these months of back and forth about a no-risk for HIV incident, you didn't really expect us to buy the just "curious" question did you?

Resuming seeing a therapist is a good idea. You also need to know that's not a quick fix situation. Based on experience I would say your holding on to this unwarranted fear has other "stuff" connected to it. Do yourself and your family a big favor and take all the time you need to really get this resolved. The payoff is worth it in terms of having a better, freer life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Selvin

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2007, 03:30:22 pm »
Thanks Andy.

Yes I really need to come to grips with this I am embarrassed to say I went to the Pittsburgh Aids Task Force yesterday and had an Orasure rapid done. The testor assured me that I am fine. I do feel better but I know I need help still. That was 287 days past exposure. I have never reacted to an issue like this before.

Offline Selvin

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2007, 03:18:46 pm »
One general question. I start counseling in 3 weeks. Is the Ora sure oral rapid test as good as any other test?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 03:45:01 pm »
I would say so.  Especially in such a non-risk scenario as this.

You got tested over 20 times after receiving a blowjob?

Best wishes for success with that OCD therapy.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2007, 05:16:49 pm »
Selvin,

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

As this is your second time out, it will be for 56 days.

You know the drill - do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Selvin

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2007, 03:23:08 pm »
Hi all!!!!!
I will not be posting after this post anymore or visiting HIV sites any longer. I am cured after 1 year. Thank God.

I am in a great mood. I was not going to post after my last post in June but this will be my last. I'd like to thank all for helping me with my HIV phobia. I decided the best way to pay everyone back whom I bothered over the past year was not to ever put myself in that boat of worrying about HIV ever again. I will never stray again from my wife who stood by me. I would like to explain how I finally let this go. I took 26 test and to give some sort of insight I will mark the days down.
25,42, 56, 67, 84, 113, 130, 150, 161, 171, 176, 181, 189, 203, 215, 230, 243, 256, 270, 287, 298, 312, 326, 340, 348, 365 and a PCR test at day 25.

I underwent counseling for OCD 5 days a week in July. I started to feel better but to let this go I tested at the year mark with a blood test from Labcorp as sugguested by my therapist. I had to do it that way to free my mind up. It really is free now. I guess I

I today went to the Pittsburgh aids task force and donated 20.00.in food stuff. Not a lot of money but I lost a great job with a bank because of this.

HIV is truly a scary thing. I have compasion for all that have it or any disease without a cure.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2007, 03:36:56 pm »
The best thing you can do for all concerned is to get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Selvin

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2007, 12:54:47 pm »
I have a question that does not concern me. The Lab Corp technician thaty has taken my blood for my test had an occupational exposure from an unknown person. Her Dr. put her on three days of Conavair (hope this is right) (PEP) She took it 2 hours after the incident. Which was Friday, Saturday, Sunday. She missed Monday,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Resumed it on Friday. My question is: After taking PEP when does the window period start? She knows she is in trouble for missing those days. She feels as I do after speaking with the Massachusetts hotline that it is too late to continue.

We spoke with the Georgia hotline and the counselor was very knowledgable about the issue. She stated that not many people become infected with needle sticks. The person who had the blood drawn declined to take an HIV test. The Lab Corp technician has to sweat out the window period.

Do many needle sticks result in seroconversion? Thanks. Incidently I am done. I am enjoying life once again. I am inn the job market and have an interview on 09/05/2007. I am concerned for a friend. We became friends due to my 15 visits and she felt sorry for me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2007, 01:15:08 pm »
For one, she received a starter pack and should have went to see her doctor to get a prescription for a 28 day supply. No there is not very many occupational exposures that result in infection to HIV. She didn't complete the meds, she will need to take a test 13 weeks after her last dose.

Offline Selvin

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:26 pm »
Just out of curiosity How prevelant is HIV-2 in the United States?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2007, 02:57:00 pm »
Sel,

It's extremely rare. There are fewer than 100 cases in the States.

If you can't stop fretting about hiv, perhaps it's time to get some counseling so you can learn how to cope with your anxieties. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Selvin

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2007, 09:07:54 am »
I am fine with HIV Now.  I tested conclusively negative. Oraquick rapid test for both 1 and 2.  I justed wanted to learn more about HIV2. Thanks for the answer.

Offline Selvin

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2008, 03:38:29 pm »
Just a general question. Can someone get hiv from a positive partner if S/he rubs their lips on the top, of the vagina with the mouth closed? Such as closed mouth kissing. Iis there a risk from sucking the breast of an infected woman?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2008, 04:21:45 pm »
Selvin,

Nothing you describe is a risk for hiv infection. Please read our Transmission Lesson linked to in the Welcome Thread so you can learn what is and what is not a risk for hiv infection.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Selvin

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2008, 02:01:50 pm »
Hi All,

I decided long and hard not to put myself at any risk. S

Offline Selvin

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 02:03:59 pm »
Hi all,
I decided not to even risk what I placed in my last post. The best thing for  me to do is not to go outside my marriage for any type of sex. I was going to see a another escourt but decided against it the risk is to great. No I will not do it.

Offline Selvin

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2008, 01:58:07 pm »
I am curious. Recently I've hugged my Uncle John and while I did his thumb went inside my mouth for about a second or two. He has HIV and is doing well. Is that a reason to be concerned? Due to microscopic blood particles released into the mouth.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2008, 03:07:51 pm »
No, your latest" curious" item is yet another non-risk for transmission.

Keep working with your therapist or whomever you're talking to. Your mind is running wild again with nonsense about HIV transmission. Really.

Keep hugging your uncle. It's probably good for both of you.
Andy Velez

Offline Selvin

« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2009, 01:22:36 pm »
Hi everyone. I have a question concerning the destruction of the HIV virus: They say that Saliva inhibits the virus. Why can't a cure be made from that fluid?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2009, 05:32:09 pm »
We're here to discuss and evaluate risks and not to discuss your random speculations about HIV science.

Andy Velez

Offline Selvin

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2010, 11:11:54 am »
It has been years since I have posted. I have dealt with my HIV fears by being careful not to place myself at risk. I am glad to see all the moderators still going strong. My special thanks to Ann.

I have been volenteering at the Pgh Aids Task Force. And donating some spare change. Not a lot but trying on my means. Some of my work permits me to go to shut in HIV patients and sit and talk to them. Most people diagnosed now you would never even know they had it for 13 or 15 or even more years.

I am Greatfull for Ann and rapid rods support. Dealing with the fear issue was hard. So to repay everyone I do not place myself at risk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 11:24:40 am »
Selvin,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're doing better and "giving back" to the community.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.