Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:55:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 664
Total: 665

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Side effects of Didanosine 400mg ( videx ) 3TC and Atazanovir  (Read 5403 times)

Offline blackscorpion

Side effects of Didanosine 400mg ( videx ) 3TC and Atazanovir
« on: February 02, 2015, 08:47:17 pm »
I was experiencing some serious arm and neck pain and I believe it was the Truvuda , my doc change the Truvuda to DDI . What possible side effects can I experience using Videx ( Didanosine ) , 3TC and Atazanvir ? is this a good combination ?   :-[

Offline eric48

• Standard
Re: Side effects of Didanosine 400mg ( videx ) 3TC and Atazanovir
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 02:55:14 am »
I dońt use it, but, I have discussedvit with my veterans doctor as part of plan B

Some people have attributed neuropathy to the use of DDI, but my doc was adamant that this is pure BS
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline blackscorpion

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:23:41 pm »
Yea I do believe you're right, I will have to watch that. Thanks

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:52:41 pm »
I was experiencing some serious arm and neck pain and I believe it was the Truvuda , my doc change the Truvuda to DDI . What possible side effects can I experience using Videx ( Didanosine ) , 3TC and Atazanvir ? is this a good combination ?   :-[

ojo      Hello blackscorpion...welcome....may I ask, were you sure those pains were caused by Truvada?...I just can tell you about my experince, if I knew what I know now about the DDI, D4T and Zerit, I woulld have never had taking them...I used Videx for a long time, as the other I mentioned previously, and now I'm living with so much pain from neuropathy caused by these medications....I don't remember where I read that they didn't  even make them anymore, (I might be wrong) do you live her in the USA?.....I took epivir (3tc) no problems, no feedbacks for the atazanavir, never took it....just in case, as soon as you feel tingling on legs and feets, let your doctor know ASAP, because neuropathy is a bitch...good luck...hug    ojo

Offline blackscorpion

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 08:33:43 pm »
Hi Tony,
Thanks for that post; I'm from The Bahamas. My doc.  didn't discuss the side effects with me,  I wish he had then I would tell him I had peripheral neuropathy in my leg before and that's the reason a few years ago I quit the meds. I was known everywhere as the guy that limped.
I'm not sure if Truvuda was responsible for the arm and upper right shoulder pain, I came to that conclusion from reading others responses online, they all same to have Truvuda in their regimen.
Maybe im wrong but I have to change that DDI ( videx ) I' have only taken the DDI today, tomorrow I,m going back to doc.
That pain was so unbearable at night, couldn't sleep on my right side and my right chest was pulsating like a heart beat, I got really scared. The pain started in my right arm then sort of moved up to shoulder then upper right back, my doc. hadn't a clue what was goin on, ordered a chest xray and the goon didn't even tell me what if it showed anything, darn !

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:27:23 pm »
Hi Tony,
Thanks for that post; I'm from The Bahamas. My doc.  didn't discuss the side effects with me,  I wish he had then I would tell him I had peripheral neuropathy in my leg before and that's the reason a few years ago I quit the meds. I was known everywhere as the guy that limped.
I'm not sure if Truvuda was responsible for the arm and upper right shoulder pain, I came to that conclusion from reading others responses online, they all same to have Truvuda in their regimen.
Maybe im wrong but I have to change that DDI ( videx ) I' have only taken the DDI today, tomorrow I,m going back to doc.
That pain was so unbearable at night, couldn't sleep on my right side and my right chest was pulsating like a heart beat, I got really scared. The pain started in my right arm then sort of moved up to shoulder then upper right back, my doc. hadn't a clue what was goin on, ordered a chest xray and the goon didn't even tell me what if it showed anything, darn !

ojo     Hi, is your pain still there now that you stopped the truvada, maybe you should talk to your doc and see if some days without the truvada gets rid of the pain, just do what your doc says....I do have some pain under my left armpit that goes to my chest, it makes me feel, like if I were having a heart attack (it seems like yours) but I got x-rays too, nothing in there, so my primary doctor thinks that it is neuropathy too, ever since I stopped taking lyrica for neuropathy, I started to get that pain, weird, isn't it?...but, if I were you, I will talk to the doctor, tell him about your history with neuropathy and ask him about the side effects of DDI, D4T and Zerit, they all are the same class...try to search about this meds, I asked you were you from cause I think they don't use them here in the USA (I think, don't believe me)...I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find the solution to your pains...definetly truvada is better med than DDI...ah, I took tenofovir, part of the truvada, (VIREAD) I did have problems, after ten days of taking the viread (tenofovir) I will throw up and I got acidosis, that's why I had to stop it....just sharing my story, everybody is different, I hope you and your doc, can decide what to do...hugs   ojo

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 03:27:08 am »
Our local treatment guidelines include maintenance therapy with only the PI, and without NRTI.

In some other countries, maintenance therapy with 1 PI + 3TC, seem to be popular

Those strategies appear to be succesful in virologically suppressed patients

Obviously, the clinical trials had not been financed by Big Pharma, hence, have received little attention, but Dr Saks once made a list and I think there was a dozen of them

Try to look for them and see with your doctor if Atanazavir +3TC (bi therapy for maintenance) is appropriate for you
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline blackscorpion

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:03:09 pm »
Thanks guys. I  took the DDI back, I'm back with the Truvada. I didn' feel that terrible pain  when I got up the next morning when I didn't take the Truvuda, amazing. Doc gave me Lyrica and Tylon750 and says he will look for something to help me thru it.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 07:16:45 pm »
Thanks guys. I  took the DDI back, I'm back with the Truvada. I didn' feel that terrible pain  when I got up the next morning when I didn't take the Truvuda, amazing. Doc gave me Lyrica and Tylon750 and says he will look for something to help me thru it.

ojo     Hi blackscorpion, I think it was a good decision to get rid of the DDI, especially if you already suffer neurophaty...I hope you can find out what is causing that pain, please, keep us post...did you talk with your doctor about the side effects of the meds with the "D"? (videx, hivid, zerit), are they still on the market?....when I asked you about what country you were, it was because of the treatment you were getting, I talk with some members from Latin America, that they get old meds, but I never heard any of them getting the "ds", usually they get AZT, 3tc...good luck...hugs     ojo

Offline eric48

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 03:04:59 am »
Google for Sax medscape gardel

Gardel is the name of the study that uses only Lamivudine + 1PI

Some of our posters also use this strategy, they may chime in

One other way is to drop also the lamivudine

This strategy is called MonoIp
This is widely used in Spain

go look for it... There are solutions without TDF
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:08:08 am by eric48 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.