Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:47:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 559
Total: 561

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What do you think is most important?  (Read 7718 times)

Offline med forum

What do you think is most important?
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:59:09 pm »
What do you think is the single most important thing or feeling in helping those you love get through each day?
If in a serious relationship or serodiscordant relationship, what has been the single most important thing?
Is it hope,is it acceptance? is it patience, is it faith? If possible, please share some examples........

Peace and health to all of you....
Peace & health

Offline structuredjen

Re: What do you think is most important?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:38:40 pm »
it's just that - love.

that's all.

everything else... support, encouragement, patience, faith, making sure he knows I'm his biggest fan and that I believe in him...  all fall naturally under that.

Offline poz1970

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:14:20 pm »
I don't think theres a single most important thing, personally...

For some it would be just knowing they're not alone, an occasional hug, or a warm body to snuggle up to at night :-)

my 2cents

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline superkim24

• without a doubt
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:23:22 pm »

My take is that patience and understanding rank very high of the list of course all the other stuff mentioned are important as well but emotions can run high and people could say things in a moment that they don't really mean and it takes some time so patience

kim

Offline imjustagirl

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:28:30 pm »
I'm with Jen - has to be love.

Without love, theres no way you can find the reasons or the strength to provide any of the other things.

There are SO many days I need to remind myself that in spite of his status, that he is still the man I love and that I promised I would always be there for him.

Is it hard to do?  You bet!  But one look at his smile and I know that he is SO worth it.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:37:07 am »
I have to go with Love, because it can pretty well overcome everything.  There are varying degrees of love, but only love can provide the fuel to power all the other emotions.  Just think about how far you would go for someone you truly love.

Offline water duck

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 05:51:50 pm »
1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (NIV)

Wd

Offline OneMoreGuy

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 01:48:48 pm »
It's UNCONDITIONAL love.

Not just love. But unconditional love.
Psychologist, PhD
Counseling patients with HIV since Jan 1991
HIV since Dec 2005
There are three parts to any successful relationship (platonic or romantic): trust, honesty and communication

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 10:25:30 am »
Love is defined as unconditional love.  Anything less is not love, but some other emotion.

Offline OneMoreGuy

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:34:36 pm »
Hate to disagree with you on that one. And so would many of my patients.

That said, we all can give LOVE our own definition.
Psychologist, PhD
Counseling patients with HIV since Jan 1991
HIV since Dec 2005
There are three parts to any successful relationship (platonic or romantic): trust, honesty and communication

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.