Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 359
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why I hate conservatives  (Read 53034 times)

Offline Grinch

Re: Why I hate conservatives
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2007, 02:46:35 pm »
The community has spoken and we have decided that conservatives are homophobes, racists, et al.

Ahh the community of 3 or 4 out of 5461 (at the time of this post) members.  Come on AC, that's not even T-Ball league.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2007, 02:49:49 pm »
Ahh the community of 3 or 4 out of 5461 (at the time of this post) members.  Come on AC, that's not even T-Ball league.

You wanted the community to decide on Avatars.  How is this different?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2007, 02:57:22 pm »
You wanted the community to decide on Avatars.  How is this different?

I asked for everyones thoughts, not just 3 or 4 chosen people.   Damn son get in the game or sit on the bench.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2007, 03:02:47 pm »
But in your Avatar Police Poll, there was only a minority as well.  You were ready to implement the "COMMUNITY" standard at that point.
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2007, 03:27:49 pm »
Actually I never got a community consensus. I got the moderators telling us it's their decision not ours.  Well that and a few people claiming I'm some kind of prude trying to force my will upon them.  But only a couple people really gave an actual opinion.

In other words no census was reached and even if we had reached one, it was rendered invalid by the moderators.
Since this is not a democracy or even a representative republic that is the final word. What I accepted was the rule handed down by the Moderators.  I clearly stated that as soon as they spoke up with the official ruling.

You really are off your game to day.  You OK?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2007, 03:47:41 pm »
LOL.  Not really.  I'm tired.

But your really trying to compare apples to oranges with the Ann Coulter vs. What was said in here thing.  I know you know this.  It's ok.  You will be coming back in 7 years saying "I THOUGHT I was right back then!"
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2007, 04:23:28 pm »
But your really trying to compare apples to oranges with the Ann Coulter vs. What was said in here thing.

All joking aside, I really don't see much difference. I really do find both statements equally offensive. I take strong personal offense at being called those names specifically because I pride myself on being none of the above.  I really do strive to keep myself from acting in any manner that is sexist, racist, or homophobic.  I find those traits completely undesirable, yes that includes in the politicians I chose to vote for. I feel anyone displaying those traits as truly beneath contempt. That includes GW. Hell especially GW, he's the President of the United States. He should be held to a higher standard.

I had a dear friend that made racial remarks on a regular basis.  That person is no longer welcome in my life or my home. That person has lost the right to call me friend.
 Right's right...Wrong's wrong.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2007, 04:54:27 pm »
All joking aside, I really don't see much difference. I really do find both statements equally offensive. I take strong personal offense at being called those names specifically because I pride myself on being none of the above.  I really do strive to keep myself from acting in any manner that is sexist, racist, or homophobic.  I find those traits completely undesirable, yes that includes in the politicians I chose to vote for. I feel anyone displaying those traits as truly beneath contempt. That includes GW. Hell especially GW, he's the President of the United States. He should be held to a higher standard.

I had a dear friend that made racial remarks on a regular basis.  That person is no longer welcome in my life or my home. That person has lost the right to call me friend.
 Right's right...Wrong's wrong.

It's not the WHAT of the comments as much as it is the WHO and WHERE those comments were made in my opinion.
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2007, 04:55:41 pm »
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2007, 04:59:21 pm »
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2007, 05:02:46 pm »
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2007, 05:18:39 pm »
Grinchie,

I have to warn you that:

You better pull your head in doll, you don't want The Gazebo to come back there and sort you out now do you? ;)

MtD

Offline Grinch

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2007, 05:27:23 pm »
Grinchie,

I have to warn you that:

You better pull your head in doll, you don't want The Gazebo to come back there and sort you out now do you? ;)

MtD

Ha! I was wondering when you'd wake up!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2007, 06:00:41 pm »
Ha! I was wondering when you'd wake up!

Not me babe! You've roused the Mighty Gazebo from it's slumber! Tremble before it in awe! ;D

MtD

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2007, 06:16:06 pm »
AC/KC,
   That picture is so fucking hilarious. I thought that I was going to blow my liver out. Todays the first time since last Tuesday, (when I had a really unpleasant medical thing involving previously mentioned organ, a really big needle, alcohol, and a syringe), that my side doesn't hurt. Then you post that! I think it'll be another week before it stops hurting again ;D

Capt.Carl. (who fully realized that the new pain in his liver is the punishment for having laughed in the 1st place)
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2007, 06:17:41 pm »
I'm here all week.  Two shows on thursday.  Please be sure to tip the waitstaff.
RIDE!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2007, 06:22:23 pm »
when I had a really unpleasant medical thing involving previously mentioned organ, a really big needle, alcohol, and a syringe

Hey Carl, we must visit the same clinic!

MtD

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2007, 06:23:08 pm »
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »
Hey, I know it's a full moon.

The illustrative material is rich. Kinda.

Just wonder if any of the main protagonists are in any danger of really listening to each other or just...having a go at it.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 06:41:44 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2007, 07:21:45 pm »
I think we are agreeing to disagree.  As far as HOT BUTTON posts I think this one has been relatively civil.  And pretty entertaining.
RIDE!!!

Offline Grinch

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2007, 08:28:34 pm »
Hey, I know it's a full moon.

The illustrative material is rich. Kinda.

Just wonder if any of the main protagonists are in any danger of really listening to each other or just...having a go at it.

I can't speak for the rest but for myself I listened and rejected their realities and insert my own.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2007, 11:03:55 am »
Yes you did Grinch.  Yes you did.

RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2007, 12:55:22 pm »
I'm in insurance.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2007, 07:01:08 am »
All conservatives are racist, sexist, and homophobic. I forgot to mention gay or at the very least sexually repressed. From the pulpit to the podium the psycho-sexual problems of the conservative blossom like hot house orchids before our eyes.

So I need to remember that whenever a story like this surfaces it is just a matter of time before another god-fearing, patriotic, family values, spouting conservative is outed. Check out the links to Mr. Sanchez and the movement. Are there any straight conservatives?

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/08/malkin-downplays-coulter/trackback/

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.