Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:51:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773215
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

ANYONE HERE WHO WENT THROUGH PMTCT?

POSITIVE WOMEN
0 (0%)
TREATMENT&SIDE EFFECTS
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: HELLO ALL THIS IS LATIFAH I JUST REGISTERED HERE!  (Read 4886 times)

Offline latifah

• Tall African Queen
HELLO ALL THIS IS LATIFAH I JUST REGISTERED HERE!
« on: July 01, 2008, 05:38:43 am »
HELLO ALL WONDERFUL PEOPLE OF THIS SITE,I JUST REGISTERED HERE TODAY MY NAME IS LATIFAH IM FROM DAR ES SALAAM TANZANIA EAST AFRICA WAS DIAGONISED LAST YEAR  JULY WHEN I GOT PREGNANT.
IT WAS PRETTY HARD FOR ME CAUSE MY FIANCEE DESERTED ME WHEN KNOWING I WAS GOING TO HAVE A BABY AFTER PERSUADING ME TO HAVE AN ABORTION WHICH I REFUSED TO GO THROUGH WITH IT HE LATER DISAPPEARED AND SENT ME A LETTER WITH NO FORWARDING ADDRESS SAYING HE WAS HIV POSITIVE AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS BABY. MY DOCTORS ADVICED ME TO HAVE PMTCT  AND PUT ME ON MEDICATION WHEN I WAS SEVEN MONTHS MY CD4 WERE 587 AT THE TIME AND I HAD A C SECTION WHEN MY CHILD WAS JUST DELIVERED HE WAS GIVEN NEVIRAPINE SYRUP 200MG ONE SINGLE DOSE THATS IT NO OTHER MEDICINE IM PRAYING FOR GODS MIRACLE TO WORK SO THAT HE TESTS NEGATIVE AFTER ONE YEAR ..COS THAT WHAT THEY DO HERE.I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY ANOTHER DOCTOR THAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GIVEN MEDS FOR SIX WEEKS THAT DIDNT HAPPEN TO MY BABY AND WHEN I QUESTIONED THE DOCTOR WHO WAS DEALING WITH MY CASE HE SAID WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT I SHOULD NOT WORRY BUT THIS REALLY CONFUSES ME.   MY BABY BOY IS JUST SEVEN MONTHS NOW AND IN GOOD HEALTH AND HE IS ALL I HAVE ..IT WOULD TEAR ME APART IF HE TEST SPOSITIVE IM HANGING IN THERE IS THERE ANYONE WHO WENT THROUGH THE SAME PMCT AS I AND THE BABY WAS FINE?  LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.

Offline John2038

• Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
    • HIV Research News (Twitter)
Re: HELLO ALL THIS IS LATIFAH I JUST REGISTERED HERE!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:09:33 am »
Hi and warm welcome ! (but very sorry for you that you are poz as well)

John (who is not too far from you :) )

Note: Capital letters ?

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:11:26 am »
Welcome! Glad to hear your baby is in good health.

Offline latifah

• Tall African Queen
Re: Thanks My dear Friends
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:42:06 am »
Dear GSOgymrat and Jhon2038

Guys I really appreaciate your response wishing you guys a perfect day and John20288 I took note now Im using small letters.

Im winding up my day here it work its almost 17:00hrs will catch all of you guys tomorrow..

Stay Blessed

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:51:15 am »
Hey Latifah,

Welcome, glad you have joined in, though sorry for the diagnosis.

I hope you and your son continue to do well. I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:37:42 am »
Hi Latifah,

Sorry, I don't know anyone who has been through PMCTC.
but...
I did want to welcome you.
ronnie
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 11:54:11 am »
Latifah, I'm glad you found us and I'm glad you're using our women's place. ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 01:38:23 pm »
Latifah -- Welcome to our forums!  I'm glad you found us, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you here.

I also plead ignorance about the standard methods in your country for PMTCT (Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission), but am sure others will chime in soon with 2nd and 3rd opinions on the care you and your child received.

Here's hoping for a happy ending with your baby's test results!

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Offline justakuntrygul

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:16:18 pm »
 :)Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry about your diagnosis, but you have come to the right place for advice and to talk about anything that is on your mind.  I heard of a drug called AZT that a child must take for six weeks to eighteen weeks after the birth...but maybe in diferent countries they may call it different names and have different amounts of it, but be sure to read up on it. 

Offline Iggy

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 05:26:58 pm »
I wanted to add my welcome to you, Latifah.

I also can offer no specific advice/expereince in regards to PMTCT but wanted to make certain you knew how happy we are to have you join the boards.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 05:43:18 pm »
Dear Latifah

I just wanted to join the rest of the guys and welcome you tot he forum, I hope you will stay around and get to know us.

I'm sure some of our beautiful ladies over in the "Womens forum" will help you out with any questions you may have so don't be shy in asking, there are a great bunch of guys here on the forum and always ready to listen and help out where they can.

Keeping you and your baby in my thoughts.

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 05:45:21 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 06:43:06 pm »
Hi Latifah, and welcome!  Glad you found us.  I look forward to hearing more from you, and hoping for the best possible outcome for your son.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 07:02:27 pm »
Hello Latifah,

Welcome to the site. I hope you find plenty of support and knowledge from these forums !! I wish you and your child the very best health, and will be looking forward to hearing more from you.

All the best----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline latifah

• Tall African Queen
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 07:21:48 am »
Everyone Hello..

Im Happy to be here and your all wonderful and have inspired me in many ways.

Peter Staley- This site is Magnificent and it reaches people around the world and we all become one finding friendship comfort and knowledge appreaciate the warm welcome.

Anniebc- Thank you and to tell you the truth the Women forum lightens up my day..cos now I can have girl to girl talk whenever I feel like it with people who understand what Im going through.

Justakuntrygul- I really appreaciate it ..keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best for my Son.

Mark--Hi what a nice smile u got there! hahahah ..keeping it real out there?...what I can say these two months I can sleep without thinking Im infected and I think thats a great step im taking thank you for being a friend

J.R.E,Alanbama,Iggy heh guys warm hugs from me and baby Adam thank you all for the warm welcome and concern

Offline YaKaMein

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 03:54:46 am »
Hello Latifah, glad you're here in the forums and that baby Adam is doing well.
09/11 Endocrine Consult
08/11 CD4 328 14.9% VL 0
 Disc'd Bactrim DEXA -3.1 Tscore
03/11 CD4 338 14.7% VL 0
11/10 CD4 300 14.3% VL 0 <20copies
07/10 CD4 336 14.0% VL 0 DEXA -2.7 Tscore
03/10 CD4 308 13.4% VL 0 Vit D normal
01/10 Began FOTO
11/09 CD4 274 13.7% VL 0 Chol 173 Trig 131
07/09 CD4 324 13.5% VL 0 DEXA -3.1 Tscore lumbar
03/09 CD4 207 10.9% VL 0
11/08 CD4 227 10.3% VL 0 Chol 176 Trig 156
04/08 CD4 228 9.5% VL 0
01/08 CD4 194 9.0% VL 0
09/07 CD4 176 8.3% VL 0
03/07 CD4 130 9.5% VL 0 Chol 261  Trig 227
12/06 CD4 109 6.4% VL 0
09/06 CD4  88 5.5% VL und desens'd rtd to Bactrim
08/06  Began Atripla
07/06 CD4  59 5.0% VL 145 Chol 117 Trig 104
06/06  Bactrim rash, X2 Dapsone
 EFV & Truvada Chol 128 Trig 131
05/06 CD4  6 (2.0%) VL 78667 only V179D mutation Dx PC MAC

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.