Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:12:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Numbers  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Xavier

New Numbers
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:29:02 am »
Hey what's up everyone?  Everyone having a good holiday so far I hope....I went to the Dr. this morning for my check up and my numbers are CD4 350 VL 86,000, I'm not on medicine yet, the doctor said she would like to see me back in early Feb. and we might just start a regiment.  Any suggestions, looks like from my genotype that I did last year I pretty much can take anything on the list so hopefully I won't have to take anything too harsh.  Funny thing is when we were looking at the rest of my numbers like hemoglobin and shit like that i was like what does THC say?  HAHA, I would be so embarrassed, a little toke didn't hurt anyone.  So anyway thats where I am, but I did get those labs back in October where I was really tiered and had some headaches, but now I have more energy so I think my VL has went down some since.  It has been fluctuating by thousands for a couple years now, started at 8000 then it ended up climbing up to 99000 then back down to the 30's so this lab really doesn't say much we'll find out what is up next draw....the new nurse though is kinda cute, when he took my blood pressure I blushed...haha just kidding he's a cutie...he seemed a little queer, but not sure since he had a wedding ring on, but we all know that doesn't mean much these days....could be from his husband.  anyway have a great day!

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: New Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 11:50:00 am »
Any suggestions, looks like from my genotype that I did last year I pretty much can take anything on the list so hopefully I won't have to take anything too harsh. 

Glad to hear it!

Offline Longislander

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 02:06:35 pm »
You sound like you're in good hands, and have a good mindset. that's a long wait for results from october, no? And if you gotta have blood drawn, may as well be done by a cutie!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:26:24 pm by Longislander »
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 05:08:29 pm »
I'd say hear us out on what we are taking and why, pause, think about which combination would make sense for you, given your schedule at work, etc., and if and when you and your hcp are ready, go for it.  As you may know, I strongly believe in each patient taking control of his or her health issues so whether or not your hcp wants things to start, I would wish that you felt that this was what you wanted to do.  I would offer my own combination, but it is so, so far off the map, this is best left to others on more 'modern' combos.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 10:09:03 pm »
Hey Xavier...

Your numbers are looking good. Your VL will fluctuate from time to time. As far as a suggestion for taking a med regmen, the best choice would be what is right for you and your system. Sit down with your Doctor and discuss the possible combos that are available to you.

Don’t Give Up, Don’t Give In…Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!!!

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 10:19:34 pm »
Hi Adam -  I think you may be ready for meds, but that's not a bad thing.  You mentioned that you felt tired about a month ago and now you don't.  Is it possible that you just got used to the rundown feeling and are accepting it as normal?  When I started meds I had about the same stats as you.  A couple of months after I got over the initial side effects, I realized I felt much better and had a lot more energy.  I just didn't realize how run down and tired I was until my body truly had a rest.  You also mention that you have no resistance.  Because of that, you may have a better experience on meds because of the lower toxicity.  Keep in mind when I started meds, I took a pretty hefty combo because of resistance, though I am happy I did it anyway and I feel stronger then ever today.  See what the next labs bring, but don't dispair if it's time.  You're starting at about the right level and you'll feel better in the long run.  I've talked to you before and from what I know, you have the right attitude and will be fine.  Enjoy your holidays and plan for the New Year!

Jason

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.