Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:25:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 207
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies' Thread #64: HIV - Fight it like a GIRL!  (Read 49114 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Ladies' Thread #64: HIV - Fight it like a GIRL!
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:47:05 pm »
This is from a shirt I made for Mim.  She wore it when she went to Boston.  I have nothing else to add here, but wanted to start the new thread.

Night!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline #1 mom

Re: Ladies' Thread #64: HIV - Fight it like a GIRL!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:38:06 am »
Hi everyone! Thank you for the compliments on Lucas. I'd probably break my neck if I tried the pole LOL.

Mum - Tell min one of the cadets in my husbands flight jointed CAP because she wanted to fly. She's now a commercial pilot.
Good Luck with the floor, and try not to kill hubby ;). At least he knows how to use tools unlike mine  ::).
I hope all goes well with Min's tests and with youngest's CT.

Betty - I'm glad you're moving into your new place. I hope all works out with your daughter and family.

Snow - Wow. Thanks for sharing your pics and sorry I couldn't reply before this. Breaking Lucas from his nap has left me with even less time for the computer LOL.
The LIU is still a public school. Here in PA kids that need more help than can be given in the regular classrooms can go to the Lincoln I ntermediateUnit. Because of Lucas' problems he qualified to go to the LIU free preschool. I'm just not sure how many need that help, then go to a regular kindergarten  ???.
I know I don't have to worry that anyone will think he's antisocial. It's more likely that I'll get a call because he's hugging all the girls  ::) :P.

Well, I'm fadding in front of the computer so before I lose my post again I better go. My apologies to everyone I missed.

All my best,
Amy
Amy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:10:31 am »
Hi GFs~

TGIF!

Mum~ I feel for you with the flooring.  Ice and I took weeks to do the tile in our small bathroom.  It measures about 3 x 5.  We could only get to my house 1 day every other weekend, we had to use a wet saw, it was just moving incredibly slow.  He wanted to do everything himself to save money.

When it came to painting the entire inside of the house a few months back, I put my foot down and insisted we get his friend, a painter, to do it.  I've recently convinced Ice to let us buy the new washing machine from Sears or Home Depot so we can have it delivered.  I am paying for convenience now.  My TH is 45 minutes from where we live so it was always a pain to schlep back over there.

Glad to hear Min has gained some weight.  Keep us posted.

Hello to #1 Mom of the fireman kid extroidinaire, lol.  My neck hurts thinking about going down a pole, these days!  :D

Well, I've made it to August 21st and I feel pretty good.  I hope the day is uneventful.  I only have to work until 230pm today, and the kids are going back to their mother's early on Sunday.  I have no problem with that.  I need my down time and Cheech needs to be able to roam around the house.  Oh Queen, we're you able to see my PM?  LMAO

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 07:42:50 am »
Mom, Hubby hasn't got a clue how to use tools..lol.  It took us an entire day just to prep the floor and get the chalk lines down.  Our bedroom is teeny 10x10 and all the walls measured the same to within 1/16 of an inch.  So why did it HAVE to measured 200 times and take an hour to do it before snapping that stupid chalk line that we really didnt' need?  Because Hubby decided to do it that way. >:(  I finally walked out of the room and told him to call when he needed help.  And, of course, the 27 videos we watched (no exaggeration) said that the nails needed to be APPROXIMATELY 4 - 6 inches apart.  So, before Hubby nails them down, he measures and marks every 5 inches.  When we get ready to do the rest of the house, I'm paying someone else to do it.  It's cheaper than putting me in therapy and Hubby on meds ;)

We still have to paint the hallway, the livingroom, and the girls' room.  I don't mind painting.  I kick everyone out and lock myself in.  Get it done in a day.  I pick the colors, too.  If they don't like it they can sleep outside! ;)

Kids are awake and I need to get them fed and dressed.  Pray for me - I'm taking them all to Wal-mart by myself.  On second thought, scratch that.  Pray for everyone who'll be in Wal-mart with us.  After that, back to the floor.  I want it done by tomorrow.

Betty, good luck with the moving.  I know you're excited.  How much more room will you have in the new place?  I hate packing, too, but I love moving and the feeling of starting over.

Make it a good Friday ladies!
Mum

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 08:10:08 am »
Morning all,

Snow, I hope you had fun playing football with your son.  I've also heard about tomato juice taking skunk smell out of things.

Holly, I personally cannot take Sustiva because of the side effects.  They got a bit too overwhelming.  I've had anxiety issues since I was a teenager, and Sustiva just increased those tenfold.  And I can't stay home all day and night just so I can take a medication when there are others (medications) that work just as well that I can take.

Mary, that trip with your sister sounds fun.  I've never been to New York.  About a year ago, my brother and his girlfriend went.  He was invited to read some of his poetry at a club there.  They stayed in a hotel in Times Square and just loved it.  They went to see Phantom of the Opera.

Cin, I'm glad you got one of the promised checks.  I'm sure you'll get the others, those places just usually run pretty slow.  I remember all those balance issues you were having.    And oh, today's high is only predicted to be in the lower 70's.  I just love this kind of weather!

Mum, isn't it funny how a lot of men think they're the ones who need to do everything about every project, because they believe that they and only they are the ones who can do it right?  When in reality, it would probably take us 1/2 the time and the job would be done just as well.     I'm glad that Mim has gained 5 lbs.  And good luck with the CT scan.  The apartment I'm moving into has a bedroom.  The one I'm in now doesn't.  It's an efficiency.  So, there is more room there, and the living room is quite a bit bigger. 

Amy, I think it's cute about Lucas hugging the girls.  Hopefully they'll hug back. I remember when I was in kindergarten, a boy tried to kiss me, and I gave him a black eye (no shit). 

I'm taking today off.  I have way too much to do.  I have to do laundry, take a timesheet out to Goodwill (as long as someone's there to give me my timesheet), call a ton of people and places, and try to get the rest of the things packed.  I wasn't able to do squat yesterday because of everything else I had to do.  I'm trying not to get overwhelmed.  Usually when that happens, I break things down into little manageable parts, you know, one project at a time.  Tomorrow my friend who's helping me move will be here at 9:00 a.m.   Hopefully it won't take us all day.  I'll probably be manically up all night until everything is put away. Sunday I have to clean this place.  Tomorrow the cable company is supposed to be at the new apartment between 4-7.  They're going to hook up the phone, and the t.v. (do you believe they're charging $40 for that?).  They're going to leave instructions for hooking up the internet.  The lady at the cable company said it's real easy.  I'm thinking, yeah, right.  Just let me try it, and I'll be sure to screw something up.  I'm not techy at all.  My stomach has been so extremely nervous these past few days, it's not funny.  Oh well, it'll all be over, someday (hee).

My daughter is alright.  She and the father are back together, of course (for now).  I'm thinking something's probably really going to happen one of these times they're drinking, that's going to hurt someone (not the baby) beyond repair.  I just pray and hope things don't go that far. 

As for the job, the guy withdrawing off the Methadone stayed.  There was a guy admitted, who the previous day had o.d.'d on 90 Klonopin when he was drunk.  He was in a psychiatric hospital, but they released him to us.  He didn't have the ability to pay while he was in the hospital, which is why I'm sure they released him.  It used to be that people who would attempt suicide would be automatically put on 72-hour watch in psychiatric hospitals.  But today, it's all about the money.  Sad.  Anyway, you all have a good one.  Oh and mum, thanks for starting the new thread.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 09:28:38 am »
Hey everyone! I have been soooo busy this week! I am trying to get my room ready for school next week and I feel like I am at a stand still. I had to move rooms this summer and my new room is like half the size of my old one and MUCH less storage. I hate it! I hope I get everything done today. I really feel like I don't know what I am doing but I keep telling myself the kid won't know! LOL!

Holly- You're in California? Where abouts? I live in Orange County.

Betty- Good luck with the move. Yuck! What a pain. I hope everything works out with your daughter.

Cindy- The kids weren't so bad were they?

Mum- You make me laugh!

If I didn't get everyone else I'm sorry.....can't go back to the old thread  :) I'm off to work in the room. Talk to you all later!

Andrea

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 02:41:54 pm »
Hi GFs~

Its raining here in Maryland, but I welcome the drop in temp.  Our boss dismissed the entire office at 1pm today because it was beautiful outside.  It started pouring ten minutes later, lol.

Mum~  Ice likes to do things and not have me chime in on what needs to be done.  So, now I've learned to read the instruction manual for how to assemble things, etc., since he NEVER looks at them.  There have been a few times where I have been standing there and offer up info from the instructions, which of course, solves whatever problem we were having, lol.

BT~  If you need help hooking up the internet, its no biggie, esp if they give you instructions.  You'll prob have a modem which looks like the old portable CD players.  All you do is run the cable line and the power line, sometimes a phone line, and you're good.  You can prob do it in ten minutes.   :D

OMG its almost time to decorate the Hello Kitty cake.   :o

I am going to go play PS3 with the girls since Ice went to the store.  He waits until the last minute for everything and gives me a stomach ache.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:25:02 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 02:52:07 pm »
Ugh, it has been hot and humid here. It did rain or thunderstorm the other night. More rain is suppose to come but not until Sunday or Monday. It won't start cooling off til Tuesday, the day I leave, go figure. I had to go out to Best Buy which is only about 2 or 3 blocks away from the house. By the time I got there I was pouring down in sweat. I couldn't wait to get back under the ac. Then I watched Horton Hears A Who...Hey, nothing else is on.

Hey Cindy, that was a funny video you sent me. I'll probably get on the PS3 later. Lately, I have just been watching movies on mine. I have been collecting more Resident Evil games. Can't wait to play The Sims on it. I was thinking of getting the castaway one but hears it is harder.

Have been reading posts but hadn't been saying much because I had a low grade fever the past few days. I believe I know what caused it but I am feeling a biut better today. Papi is out at the gym so I get a lil quiet time... ;D

Enjoy the weekend...... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 07:38:40 pm »
Mum- Great thread title!  I meant to tell you that when I was younger my uncle made me a shirt and when I out grew it, my Mom cut off the sleeves, stuffed and sewed the sleeves, neck and bottom closed and made me a pillow.  Mim might enjoy doing that with the shirt you made her. ;D Let us know if you get any dumb comments at Walmart.

Moon & BT- We have been throwing the ball back and forth since last season. The coaches gave him actual plays with X's and O's, arrows, and other gibberish that makes no sense to me.  I begged off this time cuz I was too hot  :P

#1- Don't worry, you have a small child ;D  I am glad Lucas just hugs, one of mine has a nipple fetish.  He used to pronounce them mintballs.

I am so glad it is raining.  Everyone have a good night!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:43:50 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, did the room situation get straightened out?

Cin, you don't know me. I'm not techy at all.  There is a modem is has now, which I'll be taking with me.  But, if there's a way to screw it up, I'll do it (not purposely of course).  My brother's girlfriend used to work on the Geek Squad though, so I guess if I run into problems, I can call her.

Queen, I hope you're feeling better.

Snow, Mintballs, that's funny.

Yesterday I got quite a bit of stuff done.  I got money out of the bank to do laundry, went and got my time sheet and took it out to Goodwill, did laundry, went to Wal-Mart, then came home for lunch.  Then spent the rest of the late afternoon moving stuff.  It's just the big stuff, a few odds and ends, and stuff in the frig that's left.  My friend who's helping me move today came over, and he helped a lot.  So, maybe it won't take all day (at least for the move).  Comcast (the cable company) has not called to confirm the appointment this evening, so I have to call them this morning later to make sure they're coming.  I don't know if I could survive 3 or 4 days without phone, t.v. and internet.  Well, I suppose I could, but it wouldn't be pleasant.  So anyway, that's what's going on with me today.  Moving, moving, moving and unpacking.  I believe a friend of mine is supposed to come over this evening.  Then tomorrow I'm going to clean this place.           You all have a good one, and I'll be back on whenever I get the internet hooked up. ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 08:13:47 am »
The floor WILL be finished today!  YEAH!!  We worked until about 7:30 last night, then we ran out of nails. Hubby had to go into town (25 miles away) to get more.  He also got more 1x4s for the trim around the door and closet.  As soon as the kids eat, we're hittin' the floor.  I can finally see the end.

Hubby's trip was a total waste of time.  The film for the camera they use to make IDs didn't come in and the professor he had to talk to about getting in to his last class doesn't keep office hours on Friday.  Now he'll have to Monday and try to get it all straightened out.

Before we took off on our seperate ways, we went to Shoney's for breakfast.  We ended up with the most RUDE waitress I've ever seen.  She sat us where the a/c was leaking onto the floor.   I asked to sit somewhere else and she said, "It's not dripping on you, what are you worried about."  I gave her my "oh, you did NOT" look and told her we're sitting in a puddle.  What happens if we slip and fall.  Her answer?  "Be careful".  Hubby put a firm hand on my leg to keep me in my chair ;D

Then, she took our drink orders.  She kept repeating it back WRONG.  I corrected her 4 times and she insisted on repeating it wrong.  She slammed her pad on the table and said, "Look, whatever, OK.  I know what I'm talking about!"  Hubby then firmly placed 1 hand on my leg and the other on my shoulder - I was coming out of my chair.  When she was gone, we just looked at each other.  I made a comment about wanting to see the manager because this lady was rude and mean.

She must have overheard, because a few minutes later, she came by and said that she was giving us coupons for the kids to eat free on our next visit.  Without missing a beat, our middle son (with autism) says, with the lady standing there, "See, mom, I told you she's nice.  You said she was mean and rude."  I wanted to snatch him by his hair and lock him in the car.  I couldn't even look at the lady.  I figured, there goes my freebies.

Fast forward to the end.  She screwed up our check and refused to fix it.  I stood up and demanded to see the manager. (Hubby had taken the kids to the car - he figured things were going to get ugly).  The lady snatched the check out of my hand and said she'd fix it herself.  Before she left she asked the forbidden question, "Are all those kids your's?"  Then, over came the hostess and asked the same stinkin' thing!  The lady handed me back my slip and told me where to write in the tip.  I told her I'd take care of it and she could feel free to go about her business.  She kept standing there lording over me and pointing to the tip line.  I took the whole check and walked to the bathroom.  On the bottom of the slip I wrote "Kristina's tip for the day: MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS!"  I put it back in the book thingy and handed it to her on my way out the door.  And, yes, I got my coupons. ;D

Walmart was a bit less dramatic - thank goodness. 

Betty, good luck with the move.  Sounds like you've got it all under control.

Queen, have a safe trip home, hun.  We're getting a break in the temperature today, but supposed to rain.  Humidity is awful, too.

Cindy, you'll have to post a picture of the cake you made.  I watched "Cake Boss" on TLC.  His cakes are amazing.  Of course, they probably cost a small fortune, too.

Snow, I made each of the kids shirt pillows one year for Christmas.  I used iron-on letters to put their names on the back.  I was tired of them arguing over pillows and using my good ones to wallow on the floor.

You ladies have a great Saturday. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline missy

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 05:31:56 pm »
Hey Gf’s Just popping in. I have been out running errands in between the rain. Cindy, I agree it is nice that the temp has dropped some. Hope you are having fun decorating the hello kitty cat cake, send us a picture.

Mum, I was happy to hear min is gaining weight even if it is one pound. I hope the floor is finished and all works out for hubby at school. Mum you go girl and stand your ground, I would have spoken my thoughts at the restaurant too. I liked the tip!  :o

BT I hope the moving is going well, It sounds like you will be happy in the bigger place.

Queen, I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Andrea good luck with school and I hope you get settle in. My sister lives in OC all  my family lives in CA except me, I live in MD.

Sorry if I missed anyone, have a great evening. Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 10:41:55 pm »
The floor is now officially FINISHED!!!!  Now we just have to do all the floor boards and moldings around the door and closet.  Everything is stained, we just have to install it tomorrow after church then I can get my bed out of the livingroom and back where it belongs.  I can hardly move, I'm so stinkin' sore.  Not sure if I can take Advil and Singulair at the same time.  Gonna have to decide which is more important - breathing or moving ;)

Love to you all and sweet dreams!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 05:54:39 am »
Hi everyone! I have a few minutes, so am checking in from work.

Betty - I hope the moved went smooth  :).
So far Lucas hasn't been decked for his hugs, the girls either stand still in shock  :o or gush about how cute he is and hug him back ::).

Mum - I'm glad you and Hubby survived doing the floor  ;).
I can't believe your waitress  :o. I don't think I could have kept my cool. Your tip was the best  8)!

Snow - Funny you should mention that. Lucas likes "BOOBIES" ::). He's been known to look down or even reach into women's shirts   :-[:o :-[. My husband is no help  >:(. He says enjoy it now, when you get a little older they'll smack you for trying that  ::).

I just got Lucas this Play doh sponge bob toy (reminds me of Mr. Potato head). He decides he wants me to try and make the other charactors out of Play doh. I have 0 artistic ability but I try. He looks at Sandy and wants to know where her boobies are, then tells me I need to add them. When I told him he needed to make any changes himself, he does. Sandy ended up with boobies almost as big as the rest of her combined  ::) :o ::). Hopefully he doesn't pull any of that at school  ;).

Queen - I hope you feel better soon.

Moon - I hope you post pictures of the cake ;D. Best wishes for a cool celebration 8)!

Well, time to get back to work :P.

Amy
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 07:09:35 am »
Hey all,

Mum, you did good at Shoney's.  I probably would have cussed her out when she refused to move me from the air conditioner mess.  Great tip!  Now we can mark that as tme #2 we've seen you actually cuss. ;D   Congrats on finishing the floor.

Amy, I can't believe your husband said that about the boobs.  I probably would have smacked him.

Well, I think I was done by 9:00 last night and I started at 8:30 yesterday morning, taking breaks for lunch and supper.  Trust me, I'm still extremely achey, especially my knees and lower back (I also have osteoporosis).  The t.v. was the heaviest.  It's a widescreen, but not a flat screen, and the back of it is extremely heavy.  Between moving that, the bed, and shelves, and then putting everything away, hanging pictures, arranging things, and mopping the floor twice, I was pretty tired last night.  But, the cable is hooked up (obviously, or I wouldn't be typing this), and I don't have to do putting away today.  What I do have to do is go back and throw everything out that's got to be thrown out that was left, and clean the old apartment.  Compared to what I just did in a couple days, that sounds really doable.  I told one of my friends if I ever said I'm moving again, to just hit me in the head. 

So, that's about it for now.  You all have a good Sunday.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:38:34 am »
Hi GFs~

Quick post this morning.

BT~  Glad you got the internet hooked up, I knew you would!   :D

Mum~  Sounds like that dumbass waitress is a miserable person.  I would've demanded seeing the manager in the very beginning bec of you having all of the kids and there being water on the floor.  Secondly, I would've told her that I left a cash tip on the table and let her go fish for it, lol.  I wouldn't leave anything on the table, of course.  As for the question about all of the kids being yours?  I would have tried to think up some smart remark.  She sounds as dumb as a box of rocks, which is why she is so miserable and does a poor job anyway.  As for Hubby?  Tell him to stop grabbing your damn leg and let you take care of business, lol!   :o

Snow~  I am giggling over "mintballs."  OMG

Queen~  Why did you have a fever?  Are your ears OK?  You said you knew what it was from?

I will try to get a pic of the cake.  The party was a big success and we took tons of videos, some which almost had me peeing in my pants.  The girls were well behaved, it was the teenager and her friend who were more problematic.  They kept taking youngests' crayons from the party favors and also dropped pizza on the floor.  Hell-O?  I guess they're at that awkward stage?  LOL 

Gotta talk to Ice about getting these kids out of here promptly at 1pm (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!) and back to their mother.  Next, we'll have to go to my TH and move some boxes and a desk back home.  There's still a lot to do and only 2 or 3 days to do it in without taking a day off work.  Yikes!

~ Cindy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 10:54:43 am »
Good Morning!

Mum- I can't believe that waitress! I think you handled yourself well. What a rude you know what! Now that your floor is done are there any other projects?  ;)

Betty- I hate moving. I'm glad your cable and everything works. I would be lost without my computer and TV. How is your daughter?

Amy- That's kind of funny about Lucas making the boobs so big.  :)

Missy- How do you like Maryland? My mom moved to Texas and she sure does miss Southern California.

I am getting my hair done today. I have to do something with it before school starts and my hair girl said she would come in on a Sunday to do it...YAY! My room is more together. I just have to "fine tune" it. Monday we have a staff meeting and then time to work and Tuesday the PTA is giving us a luncheon  ;D. A mother of a a student from last year called and wanted to know if I wanted a special dessert because her son remembered that I don't like cream cheese and she was going to make a cheesecake so she is going to make something else for me. Isn't that sweet?  :)

That's about all. Have a good day!!
Andrea :)

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 02:47:36 pm »
Hi everyone,

Vivyt, if you google the emerald triangle, you will get an idea of where I am, lol.

Mum, I would have been so pissed. I would have left. I'd be afraid to piss anyone off who handles my food but I do like how you handled the situation. And thank goodness the floor is finished, yay!

Betty, it sounds like you could do with a nice bath with some epsom salt for the achey body. Congrats on the move.

Queen, I hope you are feeling better. I have the Sims Castaway. It's fun but upgrading the sims skills takes quite a while. I got irrated with it so I got the cheat codes, lol. Sims on the PC is much better in my opinion but with all the expansions it takes a lot of storage.

Me and my bf are going to town today to get more fencing. We only need about 50 feet or so but the rolls of the fence only come in 150 feet or more, so I guess we'll have some extra. The fence should keep the deer and cats out of the garden but it won't do any good for the turkeys. There was a bunch of them out in the garden this morning and the babies looked so scruffy. My little Lab likes to chase them away, it's really cute. She tried to pursue them a little farther but didn't see the wire fence right in front of her and went right into it, lol.

Well, you all have a good day.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline netta

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 08:29:49 pm »
HI GF'S I have been sick with some type of bug for the last five days, feeling better now, have3 a bad cold, felt like the flu but no fever, something going around, and i still have a cough.
Any how hope all is well.
Mum - I would have cursed the waitress out, glad you finished your floors.
Queen- hope you feel better
Betty- glad you are all moved and settled, get some rest, I know the feeling !!!

Well every one else a big ((((hug)))) from me cause i can't remember everyones post right now.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 08:33:28 pm »
Netta~

I hope you feel better, sounds like you're doing better.  Hugs to you, too, GF!   :-*

Tonight is my last night taking Sustiva and Truvada as two seperate pills.  Tomorrow night I start Atripla!

OK, so I'm trying to get excited about it, lol.   :P

~ Cindy

Offline minismom

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 07:28:06 am »
Betty, congrats on the move and kudoes for getting everything arranged so quickly.  We've been here 8 1/2 yrs and there's still boxes I haven't unpacked.  If I haven't needed them by now, it's probably a sign that I should get rid of whatever's inside them.

Cindy, YEAH! You survived the kids!  When does your renter move in?  I know you'll be glad when everything is settled.

Netta, good to hear from you, hun.  Glad you're doing better and keeping busy.

Holly, the only way we've found to keep the vermin out of our garden is to bury a 5ft rabbit fence, then construct a 15ft deer fence.  We've never had turkeys in our garden, but we get lots of groundhogs that we recycle as hawk food ;)

Our floors are done and our bedroom is 80% put back together.  I still have a few things to put back this morning, but we got to sleep in our room last night.  Today I've got to get this house in some kind of order.  It's a disaster with laundry piled ceiling high in the bathroom and dust bunnies have taken up perminant residence on every flat surface.  I know what I'll be doing all day.  Every part of me aches - even my butt cheeks are sore.

Today is Hubby's 1st day of school.  He's got to meet with a professor to see about getting into one more class.  He's also got to get his parking permit and school ID. 

Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 07:48:12 am »
Morning all,

Cin, I feel you about moving those damn boxes.  I absolutely hate moving, and told a friend of mine if I ever say I want to move again, to please promptly hit me in the head.    Good luck starting the Atripla.  If you're doing alright on your current regimen, I'm sure you'll do fine.      On the way home from the store yesterday, I heard the song "Iron Man" on the radio, and thought about you.  I guess just because we like the same kind of music.

Andrea, how'd your hair turn out?

Holly, I don't know a thing about gardens, but good luck.  You have wild turkeys?  Do you ever kill one and eat it? (probably a stupid question)

Netta, I hope you're feeling better, please take care of yourself.

Mum, I can so relate to the aching.  I still ache, but not as bad as yesterday.  Tell hubby I said good luck.

My old apartment is cleaned.  The landlord's going to have to paint (especially 'cause I used to smoke in there) and recarpet, but I was there for four years, so I guess that's to be expected.  My kitty is coming out now and exploring.  She stayed under the bed almost all of Saturday.  I had gotten an e-mail from Iams about how moving can traumatize a cat, and I believe it.  If I would have moved into a big house, I can't imagine what she (kitty) would feel like.  She'd probably still be under the bed. 

I'm hoping in the next couple days the school I hope to get into will have my financial aid done.  Of course, since what I want to beyond a bachelor's, I can't get pell grants.  But, whatever, it's something I want to do.  I'm hoping I don't run into problems getting loans from whatever place the school uses, because I have terrible credit (with the bankruptcy).  If I can't get loans from them, maybe I can try one of the places that I already have loans through.          I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 08:45:10 am »
Good morning!

Holly- So of course I googled. So you live in the mecca for marijuana? LOL!

Netta- I hope you get better soon! You seem to be having a difficult time. Rest, rest, rest!

Mum- How often does your husband go to school? Hopefully it is not everyday. Glad the floor is finished. I am sure there are muscles that ache that you didn't even know existed...lol!

Betty- Is this new apartment bigger than your old one? It's a pain moving but it is fun to be in a new place. My hair turned out good. Just a trim and a color. I couldn't go the exact color I wanted because I had put a darker color on it and the other one wouldn't take. My hair girl worked it out and I am happy  :)

Today is my first "official" day back at school. The kids don't come till Wednesday but we have a staff meeting to go over stuff. What fun...not. I'll meet with my new first grade team and finish getting ready. I got up early today and I realized that I should started getting up early a week ago...ugh!

Have a good day!

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 03:57:04 pm »
Hi ladies,

Betty, my bf used to feed the wild turkeys with cracked corn in the drive way. It was pretty cool. He was able to get really close to them. They can be a problem though. We have a few grape vines and I think they like to eat them. So, he doesn't feed them anymore. My bf did kill one a few years ago but I didn't eat any of it. I just have a hard time eating something that I just saw alive the day before. Plus, the woman who cooked the bird, skinned it! You do not skin a turkey, lol.

I can't imagine when we move. We have nine cats that are all outdoor kitties! What a nightmare that would be. If I lived closer, a house warming party would be in order.

Andrea, yep, I live in the green mecca, lol. It really is a beautiful area though. And good luck with school!

Mum, we don't have the 15 foot high fence but so far the fence has kept the deer out. We don't have ground hogs but we do have gophers, moles and voles. The dogs will dig them up some times. It's kinda gross, or the cats will leave parts laying around. Fun stuff, lol.

Netta, I hope you are feeling better.

Moon, I'm sure you will do fine on the Atripla, since you are practically already taking it. It's always a little scarey though. I just took my first dose of Truvada and Lexiva last night. So far so good, yay!

Well, we got up early today. Yesterday evening, our generator wouldn't start. We live off the grid, so no power polls. So, we got a new battery and bf fixed it, woohoo! So, if can get around to it, we'll be doing some garden work and maybe painting part of the living room. It's been half painted for a few months now, so it's about time!

I hope you all have a good day. :-*

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

Offline missy

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 09:40:43 pm »
Hey Gf’s, Just popping in. I have been really busy. I ran into some girl friends and we went to dinner down on the water. Got a contract on the house yesterday, it was a little less than I wanted but I figured the way the market is I better take it. It is contingent on them selling their house, so I put a  72 hour kickout clause in so I could sell it to someone else if a better offer comers along. 

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.  Mum it sounds like you are motivating everyone to work in their houses….paint, move, clean.  Hope we don’t get as sore as you.  Goodluck to hubby in school…more so good luck to you.

Wow Andrea it sounds like you are really remote if you run on a generator and sell electric back to the grid.  The only time I have seen areas like that was back in the day when I lived in the desert.

Cindy, let us know how the Atripla goes for you, hope all works well.

Talk to you all later.  Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 07:43:45 am »
Hey ladies,

Andrea, I'm glad you liked your hair.  Yeah, when I had my hair dyed darker, it's become harder for blonde to stay on it, but it does eventually.  I guess the only thing you could do would be to strip the color out of your hair, then put a light color on it.  But if you're happy, that's what counts. 

Holly, I don't know anything about cooking animals, unless they come packaged in the meat department.  You run off a generator, aye?  Wow, that's pretty remote.  I have to be around people, even if I don't know them.  Otherwise I feel too isolated.

Mary, I hope that person who wants to buy your house ends up really buying it.  That would probably be a great relief.

Last night at the treatment center, I got hit on for the first time.  Every time I was in the office alone, this one guy kept coming in and trying to run one on me (you all know what I mean).  I finally told him, that I worked for the treatment center, and not now nor ever would I cross the line and go out with him.  I told him I have principles today.  I remember when I was 16, the therapist I was seeing had sex with me, and I didn't trust therapists for quite awhile after that.  Charges were never brought, because I didn't tell anyone.  However, when I started seeing the therapist I have now, he insisted on knowing the ex-therapist's name.  The thing is, there are about 3 or 4 therapists around here that have the same name.  Oh well. 

My landlord said the carpet was normal wear and tear.  I told him about the red nailpolish on it, and he went back and looked at it.  He came back, and asked me how long I had been there, and I told him almost 4 years, so he said "we'll just call it normal wear and tear."  That's a relief.  He had told me before I moved in here that if there was any unusual damage, that I would have to pay for it.  But, he's a pretty nice guy, which is why I haven't moved from his property.  I was so nervous before he got here (about telling him).  I've developed an extremely nervous stomach recently.  When something "iffy" or possibly stressful might happen, my stomach starts hurting, and feeling really strange.      I guess that's about it.  You all have a good one.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 08:16:51 am »
Good morning!

Betty- That's good about the carpet. It sounds like your landlord is reasonable. How long are you going to be volunteering at the place you are at? Guys can be so persistant. Sometimes they just don't get the message LOL!

Missy- I think you are confusing me for Holly. I DEFINITELY would not make it out in the country. ;D

Holly- My aunt used to have a turkey farm. She would kill and cook those things no problem. I wouldn't be able to do it since I have a tendency to treat animals like they are people. Go figure...

Today is the last day to get things ready for the kids.  I am nervous/excited. I still can't believe that I only have 18 kids! A far cry from the 30+ I am used to.

Talk to you later!

Offline minismom

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 02:03:51 pm »
I called the lab today to ask about picking up a specimen cup for Mim's stool sample.  The lady told me that I could collect it in anything with a snap-top lid like an old butter tub or a tupperware bowl.  She said it didn't matter how big it was, they could scrape off what they needed.  :PYEWW!  She also said with explosive diarrhea, a bigger container would be easier.  The only thing I have is a 5 gallon icecream tub.  Now, if Mim can't hit that, I give up.  The worst part is that we have to keep it in the fridge until tomorrow.  :P :P DOUBLE YEWWWW!!

Hubby called and he made it through his first class.  Found out that the University has a contract with Microsoft and gave Hubby an access code to download all the latest versions of Microsoft (7, I think) from now until the end of the semester.  I assume this is a "big" thing..lol...Hubby was excited.  Must be a nerd thing. 8)

Gotta go finish the laundry and take a shower.  Mim's powdered eggwhites came in so the kids and I are gonna take a ride later to pick it up.  Then I'm ready to call it a week.

Make it a good one, ladies!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 02:37:36 am »
Hi everyone!
Lucas got to meet the bus driver that will be taking him to the school. It's actually a special van with built in 5 point harness seats. Lucas was given time to explore the van. He didn't want to get out, he was ready to go  ;). He will have a long ride, He gets picked up at 1130 for a 1230 start.
Today was also open house at the school. I was disappointed the physical therapist was not there. I did get to meet the speech and occupational therapists as well as the teachers assistants. Lucas will be in a class of 5 counting him. I was surprised there will be two teachers as sisstance in the class :o. Lucas had a great time and didn't want to leave  ;D. I had to remind him that he will be coming back soon  ;).

Vivyt - You're teaching 1st this year? Do you have any TAs? I hope you had a good first day  :).

Betty - I did slap my hubby, but he just laughed and said it was true  ::). I'm glad your landlord is nice and isn't going to try to stick you for damages. I hope you enjoy the new space  :).

Mum - Congratulations to you and hubby for surviving the first day of classes  :).

Missy - Good luck with the sale  :).

My best to everyone  :-*.

Amy
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 07:11:09 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, I hope the first day goes great.  I'll be waiting to hear how you like teacing a different grade.  Of course, I suppose you won't really know yet.

Mom, I take it the powdered egg whites are for the weight?  They just don't sound very good.  I hope Mim can tolerate them.

Amy, I think that's great about Lucas being excited about school.  Kids always are when they're little, then when they get older, they think of everything they can to get out of school.  I know I did.

I think today is a sad day, with Senator Kennedy's death.  He was such a great champion of causes, i.e. civil rights, Americans w/ Disabilities Act, CHIP (a health insurance for poor children), Martin Luther King Jr. Day etc.  Obama said Kennedy was the greatest senator of all times.  I don't care what people say about the Kennedys, they were great politicians, and helped a lot of people. 

I'm going into the treatment center today.  I really am not liking it there.  I don't have much contact with the clients, and there's hardly anything to do.  I can't write in the charts, since I'm not an actual employee of the treatment center, which is mainly what people in detox do, so I usually just sit behind the desk, or once in awhile do laundry.  I e-mailed the lady that had me placed there about it, and she said she left a message for the lady who's in charge of the volunteers there to see if there's something else I can do which would involve more contact with people.  That's one of the reasons I really liked the last place I was at-I had direct contact with people who needed help, got to talk to them, and try to help find solutions to their problems.  Anyway, maybe things will improve.  If not, I'm outa there.     That's about it for now.  You all have a good day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 07:14:30 pm »
Hi GFs~

I still gotta post that cake picture, lol, sorry.   :P

A lot has happened, esp at work.  We have a weekly staff meeting and every week my dept brings up the same gripes about another dept.  We are kind and professional, while still bringing the point to the table.  I requested the same help from this other dept AGAIN this week for the umpteenth time, and the VP proceeded to say he didn't care if things didn't go the way my dept wanted them to, as long as they got done in 30 days, i.e. paying invoices, I am in accounting.

So, my requests were shot down in a room of 16 people, I pissed off the VP and the entire time I persevered.  I was so damn nervous, almost felt like I was wasting the VPs time, but no one had ever helped our dept.  Here's the kicker....................

Not 15 minutes later the frikkin CEO of the company pops his head into the meeting and talks about some changes.  He reiterates that PAPERWORK must be done in a timely fashion and everyone is responsible for their properties solely.

I tried like hell and kept a strait face, trying not to look smug or make a smart comment.  The CEO basically repeated the very same request that I had asked of the entire room!!!!  (Insert Michael jackson jingle here ----> "Who's BAD?")  The room was dead-silent, no one whined, complained or made excuses for not getting their paperwork done, like they had with me prior.  The place was kinda like this:

::crickets::

I left the meeting and sitting at my desk I thought my manager should know what went down.  Screw the paperwork issue, what pissed me off was the NON-supportive environment and the VP thinking he can dog me in front of most of the company.  I wished my mgr had been in there, but I filled her in on the details.  Turns out my mgr, my co-worker, the dumbass VP and the CFO all called a meeting with me Monday afternoon.  VP was PISSED.  I also asked why he didn't include the ACCOUNTING DEPT in on the collections meetings last month?  He raised his voice at me.  I was in a good mood and just smiled and was polite.  I told my mgr later that I wasn't able to tell VP how I really felt bec I would've torn him a new asshole, dingleberries and all, and that wouldn't be right.

My mgr later went to the CEO and the OWNER of the company after that second little meeting to further complain about VP!  She also told VP that he wasn't doing his job and taking care of his part of the company and how they interact with my dept.  O---M--G!

Today my mgr called our dept in to let us know the saga is still continuing and that VP feels like Eyore from Pooh but still maintains he is RIGHT.  My mgr said GAME ON and basically we aren't paying any invoices that don't have proper paperwork.  I am so proud of myself for going to my manager, bec I really DO work for a great company.  The fact that I go to these meetings that aren't mandatory and ask for cooperation from everyone, only to get shot down?....  Its a crock.

I love being right.  So many people have said I have raised the bar since I've been there and I am a much stronger person, with a really exemplary work ethic.  If you can't paddle get out da pool yo, lol!

OK, thanks for letting me spill my high point of the week!  Next week my renter moves in on Tuesday.  Ice is at Ravens Stadium in Baltimore right now at some special event with the team.  He is on the SIDELINES and sent a pic!  I am a Redskins fan, but I am happy that he is on his team's field tonight!

I've taken Atripla the past two nights and haven't even woken up to pee for the first time in years, lol.  I think it might be bec Cheech is barricaded downstairs so he doesn't wake us.  He walks the perimeter and checks the rooms in the middle of the night, lol.  

Queen texted me from the train last night around 6pm and was on her way back "home."

More soon~

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:19:52 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline netta

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 08:52:03 pm »
Hi Gfs, thanks for the well wishes, I am feeling better. Nothing new to report, except we  that are on disability will NOT be getting a raise this year !!!
Wishing everyone well, will check in tomorrow. Oh I am reading some good books lately. Still have no libido, after all those meds, I am back to square one. the meds are too exspensive anyway,so I am back on premarin, My dh is hanging in there but i don't know for how long, He has threaten to leave me when he gets mad,  and see other women, says I don't show enough love towards him. The funny thing is he is right, but I am not use to being married, after being by myself for the last few years, and its taking its tol on me, plus he doesn't understand That I take zoloff for depression and it makes you loose your sex drive. Oh well enjoying being a couch potatoe!   :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:55:50 pm by netta »

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 10:47:45 pm »
Hi ladies,

Betty, I live just under thirty minutes from town. We go in almost everyday and you get used to the drive. The power polls stop about one mile or less from where we are but it is way too expensive to pay them to put in more polls. So, that's why we have a generator. Also, good luck with work. I hope they can find something that is more up your alley.

Cindy, you are on a roll! Good job and I'm sure everything will work out but the VP sounds like a prick.

Andrea, I couldn't raise animals for meat, even though I eat it, lol. I don't want to meet the animal that is going to be in my sandwich, lol. The way the world is going though, maybe someday I'll have to!

Netta, I hope everything works out for you. Sounds like you need a (((((((((((HUG))))))))))))

My bf and I had a ton of stuff to do today. Yesterday, we started cleaning out our storage/laundry/tool room/catch all for everything that has nowhere else to go room. I donated about $200-$300 worth of stuff to the senior center thrift store today that came from all the cleaning out. Bf had a dentist appointment, we picked up a prescription, picked up a few free carpet remnants, and whatever else we did today and I'm exhausted. I just hope we can stay home for a while but doubtful. Anyway, you all have a good night.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 10:58:10 pm »
Hey everyone!

Cindy- Sounds like things are going well with you! Good for you. I've been on Atripla for 2 years and have no complaints

Betty- Where will you go to next?

My first day went very well. The kids are so cute! I think I might be happy at this grade level! I did have one parent yell at me though after school.  It was complete chaos with all the parents picking up the kids and one little girl didn't follow us out and the mom was looking for her. She right away starts saying that I lost her daughter and how terrible I was. She said it was my responsibility to make sure she was ok...so on and so on. She found the little girl and I asked the girl, "Where were you?" The mother didn't let her answer and kept saying I gave her a panic attack and that I should know better. Please...get a grip lady. She really ruined my whole day. Anyways....I am sooooo tired I can't hardly keep my eyes open. I am going to take a shower and then go to bed. Have good night everyone.

Andrea  :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 06:40:18 am »
Hey all,

Cin, good for you.

Netta, I would definitely tell my husband to be a little more understanding.  You can't help the way you're feeling.  I hope everything works out.

Holly, I hope your bf's doing alright with the teeth thing.  He's the one who's a recovering addict, right?  Watch out if you had to get pain pills.  That's one of the things that set off my last relapse.   And they're what always sent me 2nd ex back out.  Just a word of caution.  I mean, he'll probably do fine, just sayin'.  You've got to protect yourself.

Andrea, that mother sounds like a crazy.  I'm glad you like your class.

Just to be clear, it's wasn't the clients that I didn't like to work with.  Addicts/alcoholics I can handle.  It was the people who worked there, and never having anything to do.  The people who worked there were very rude.  And it's not like I was going to do that job forever, or I would have gotten used to the people.  It was only temporary anyway.  I don't know what I'm going to be doing next, but they're looking.  So hopefully something will come up soon.

I'm having a lot of problems with the school's financial aid department (the one I'm supposed to start next week).  Everyone was supposed to be packaged yesterday.  I looked on my account today, and it still hasn't happened. >:(  Which means I can't get my books or parking permit.  I guess I'm going to have to go down there this morning to get on their asses.  I called them twice yesterday to make sure this was going to happen (getting packaged) and both times they said "yes."  I've heard things, though, about this school's financial aid department, so I guess it should really be no surprise.  It just pisses me off.  Why it's taking them so long to do anything is beyond me.  I guess some things just have to be accepted and dealt with appropriately.  I'll just have to keep telling myself to be calm when I go there.               I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good day.

Edited to add:  I went to the school today, and found out that the program I really, really wanted to get into is not eligible for financial aid. The reasoning is because it is a "master's certificate" and not a "master's degre."  So, that's the end of that. Truly, with me not getting the job I was told I was going to get, the not being able to get into this program after being accepted, I really don't think I have fight left in me anymore.  These weren't minor things; they were parts of my life.  It's like twice getting news that you're getting your dream, then having it yanked right away.  And really close together.  I'm not gonna get high, but I damn sure am tired of the shit.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:40:52 pm by BT65 »

tendai

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10:19 pm »
hie guys
hope everyone's well out there. dont know if i'll ever be able to catch up now. anyway
just checking in. my flu is about gone now and my doctorboss hasnt said anything else about me going on meds so hopefully i wont have to. im going to get another test done next month just to check if the numbers are  a downward trend or if it was a blip. im still not prepared to go on meds...

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 03:06:55 pm »
Hi ladies,

Betty, I just wanted to say 'hang in there'. That is certainly disappointing news. It's out of line that the college couldn't tell you that from the beginning so you wouldn't have to go through all of this. I'm so sorry. If you lived closer, I would give you a big ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))). Keep your chin up.  :-*

I just wanted to pop in real quick. You all have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 01:08:55 pm »
HI GF'S  :)
Betty _ I am sending you a big hug also, sorry to hear the bad news.(((((((hugs))))))
Something has got to give.Is there an online class you can take??? I search online for grants or money for HIV patients that want to continue their education. Theirs money out there somewhere.

Vivt- Excited about your first day of school, I love kids. Sorry about that mom spoiling things.
Well I went to get my bloodwork done,Monday I will go to the doctor and tell him I need another consult on my hernia./acid reflux. My nurse suguested it because i told her I am losing weight and can only eat small meals and still having stomach aches. she thought it may need to be removed. My dh is worried I am fading away, lost all but and hips, but still have tummy. I was 152 lbs and now I'm 137lbs. Not complainig but I would like to eat more, what is strange is that I can't eat sweets or bread, I have no desire for them , unless the bread is a sandwich, but cornbread, biscuits, no taste for.
Well I hope all is well, my letters are jumping on my screen! this sucks, don't know whats wrong.
Have a nice weekend everyone, I am  making my shopping list for food. It cost so much to feed everyone in this household, we are just use to two people, now its five! i have been cooking more healthy. We found out my dh colesterol is hiigh and also his blood pressure, I told him to stop stressing so much, he says he is not going to leave me , just talking junk, but I told him he needs to be more understanding about women and the things we go through.I think I woulld be fine if I never had sex again! maybe I need some womens viagra.LOL
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:15:21 pm by netta »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2009, 03:56:26 pm »
Hi GFs~

BT~  I am sorry to hear about the mess-ups with financial aid.  Don't give up.  Perhaps take one semester off and get your ducks in a row for another passion?  Maybe there's some other avenue you can pursue that would be covered. You have worked so hard and I feel there are so many other interests that you could go for!

Andrea~  I was a PSYC major in college.  Did you ask that nasty bitch of a mother if she knew what "projecting" meant?  Did you tell her to get a grip to her face?  JK  LOL   :P

Netta~  What is going on, GF?  I wish I could lose weight and not crave starch!  I understand this must be really crazy for you.  I suppose the doc is going to try some other remedy?  I like that you asked dh to be more sensitive and caring.  Try not doing anything around the house for a day and see if he changes how appreciative he is of you, lol.  Its hard not to do anything -- I think us females are hard-wired for it, that's why God created us.  Hee hee! :D

Hi Holly~  I bet you're glad you cleaned all of that stuff out.  Did you list everything you gave away?  You can write it off if you itemize your deductions on your federal tax return.  Oh wait, LOL, I'm not even sure if you live in the US, I have to check!   ::)

Hi Tendai~  Good to hear from you but sorry you've had the flu.  Is it the H1N1/swine flu over there?  They are trying to scare us here in the States about the flu season coming up.  Its prob a bunch of bull anyway.  Keep us posted on your numbers.

We get the kids back again tonight.  Its going to be a rainy wet weekend, so I guess we'll hunker down and watch movies.  Its humid and in the 80s but by Monday the high should only be 75 or so.  I can't wait!  I get my hair done tomorrow and I am taking next Tuesday off to meet with my renter to go over the lease.  Cha ching!

Happy Weekend!  P.S. - I made Iceman park down the block Wednesday night and bring in the recycle bin by himself cause he had multiple pics taken with the Baltimore Ravens cheerleaders.  Ha!   ;)

~ Cindy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:24:22 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2009, 06:53:03 pm »
Hey ladies,

Just to update, I sent an e-mail yesterday to the chancellor of the university.  Within an hour, I got a call from the vice chancellor.  He said they're working hard on the problem, and that someone would get back with me today et. etc.     So today, I got an e-mail from the director of financial aid, saying they're in touch with Washington (Department of Education) to get the program accredited.  She said that "if" that's accomplished by the end of the semester, everyone would be reinstated with their aid.  Of course, this means "if not" everyone owes a bill.  I told her I couldn't take that chance with such limited resources, and that I would try next year.  I did, of course, voice my disappointment, in politically correct terms. ;)

Holly, thanks for the hug.

Netta, I hope your doctor(s) find out what's going on with your tummy.  I crave chocolate almost all the time.  It sounds also like you're experiencing lipodystrophy, with the fading of your butt and hips.  Are you taking your meds?  Maybe you should also talk to your HIV specialist about it, to see what he suggests.  Glad your dh said he's not leaving you.  If my husband told me that when I was going through a hard time, I probably would have said "go ahead, but I'm going to wipe you out." (financially I mean).  Of course, you know how to handle the situation best. 

Cin, good luck with the kids this weekend.  Yesterday it was in the 50's, today in the 60's.  Maybe it'll be headed that way.

That's about it.  Just a blah day, been rainy for a week.  I didn't go anywhere; since moving, I'm completely broke (comeone 3rd of the month).  You all have a good one.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 09:00:12 pm »
Damn- Just did the compatibility view but forgot to cut and paste first.

Netta- Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well.  I totally hear you on not caring if I have sex again, but for me, it is more like I feel like I do 90% of what needs to get done around here and the last thing I feel like doing is bumping uglies :-\ Have you seen the commercial for the his and hers KY jelly?  That might help to get things going?

BT-It seems like these days financial aid should be available for every class, that is just crazy. Especially for the people that get loans for 50 to 100 thousand and then end up making 12 bucks an hour.  I am sorry things did not go your way.  I hope you can get more interaction with the clients as well, that would be beneficial to you and them.  How are you liking your new place?  I can't wait for the 3rd either.  I will be happy the kids are going back to school, it will cut down on the food bill a little anyway.

Ten- Hi there, it is nice to see you!  How are things going with the guy?
Moon- Nice job at work and cute cake!

Viv- I hope that mother apologized and you are still enjoying the little ones.

Mum- How did the stool sampling go? How is hubby liking his classes?

I finally started scraping the popcorn off the boys ceiling,  what a pain in the butt!  I fell off the stool twice and my arms feel like they are going to break.  I also cleaned out my closet and weeded some of the garden, I actually got a few zucchini, squash and cucumbers this year.  Hopefully, we will have some pumpkins too. 3 days till the kids go back to school!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 08:46:56 am »
Oh, what a week! 

Betty, that really stinks about the financial aide.  We ran into the same problem with Hubby.  If he went straight to the certification, he couldn't get financial aide and we couldn't afford the cost ($2500 per certificate - all done on-line then $400 per test).  BUT, if he did the full course work which includes his certificcation (accredidation) at the end, he could get financial aide to pay for it all (over $15,000).  Now how much sense does that make?

LOL about expressing disappointment in a "politically correct" way.  What I want to know is what you were REALLY thinking. Bet there was nothing "correct" about it.

Netta and Snow, I have no interest in sex and haven't for a very long time.  Nothing really to blame it on, just never in the mood.   I'm with you, Snow, by the end of the day I just want to curl up in bed and go to sleep.

Snow, sample went well, I guess.  Hubby and I left with youngest for her CT scan only to get a call 15 minutes later telling us that Mim got her sample.  CRAP! (literally)  So after the CT, we drove home, I picked up Mim, then went all the way the heck back out to the hospital to drop it off.  Hopefully we'll get the results in about a week.  If not, I'll call the lab and see what the hold up is.

Cindy, the cake turned out wonderfully!!  That is so cute.  Did Queen make it back home in one piece?

Hubby's classes are going well.  He's got a ton of homework to get done, but he's loving it.  One of his books was over $100 - I just about fainted.  We were hoping that he'd have enough of his grant left over that we could save it to pay for summer school.  Looks like now that not only will there NOT be any left over to save, but we're going to end up having to pay.  When we looked at the grant and tuition, it was more than enough.  Then we got his fee bill and found that they nickle and dime you to death on top of tuition.  There's a $120 new student fee, $80 for this, $25 for that, an extra fee for taking a class online, another fee because 1 of his classes is at a different campus, a residential fee because he's not living on campus.  I'm hoping that a lot of these fees are 1 time (like the new student fee and residential fee).  If they are, and his books aren't outrageous next semester, then he should have enough to pay for summer school.  If not, he'll have to take 18hrs either next semester or next fall to finish by December.  We did find out that the college pays for each of his accredidation tests ONCE.  If he passes, yeah!  If not, we have to pay $400 /ea. for him to take them again.  His advisor said that he could have straight A+ 's and graduate top of his class.  But, without the accredidation, it was all a big waste of time. :-\

Tonight we're having my parents and grandmother over for Mim's birthday supper.  She chose hamburgers, veggies with cheese, and chips (baked of course) for her bithday dinner.  Then I'm making a banana split cake.  Still not sure how I'm going to make it, but I have a few ideas and a couple of hours to figure it out.  Then tomorrow night, we're having some good friends over for a traditional south Louisiana dinner: gumbo, corn bread, and beneigts (making chicken nuggets for the kids).

Other than that, nothing going on here.  We're starting school Monday if I can get the classroom ready.  If not, we'll wait until after Labor Day.  The weather has been much cooler but rainy and muggy.  Guy came over yesterday to give us an estimate on the windows.  He was 45 minutes late, never offered an apology, then asked if all the kids were mine.  Needless to say I didn't care what else he had to say - it went in one ear and out the other.  After an hour, we told him it was time for him to leave.  He started to complain and I told him he either left voluntarily or I'd have him charged with trespassing.  Harsh?  Probably.  But you don't show up 45 minutes late, insult my family, then prop your feet on my furniture and expect a warm and fuzzy reception.  And, no, Betty, I didn't curse. ;D

Make it a great weekend!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline missy

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 05:36:13 pm »
Hey Gf's jumpping in to say hi.

Cindy the cake looks great glad all went well with the birthday and everything goes great with the renter.

Bt sorry to hear about the classes hang in there your a fighter girl. Something better will come along.

Mum glad to hear all is going well with hubby and school. You are right, they do have more hidden fees that are just ridiculous. You were talking about setting up the class, do you home school the kids?

take care all. Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2009, 08:53:06 pm »
Mary, yes we homeschool.  We moved our class to our office a couple of years ago.  Before that, we had more books in our cubbards than food..lol!  We needed a designated area and I needed my kitchen table back.  I've finally sorted through the kids' curriculums and packed up everything from last year.  Now I need to organize my own desk, and get Hubby's client paperwork out of my chair. 

Snow, OMGosh you are SO sweet!!  Thanks for starting a thread for Mim's birthday.  My parents and grandma just left and I'm so tired.  We got her a digital camera and within 5 minutes she'd shot 65 pictures. :o  Of course most of them were of someone's leg, the floor, the bottom half of a face..lol.  Those I deleted and we downloaded 27.  It's a nice, big, chunky, basic, kiddie camera with binocular viewing lenses.  What's cool is that it'll take pictures under water.  She can't wait to jump in Nana's pool now!  My parents got her a lockbox to put her stuff in so her siblings can't get into it and 3-D chalk.  Tomorrow one of our lady deacons is giving her a wrist coursage.  She called my mom to ask what Mim's favorite color is.  I thought that was really sweet and thoughtful.

Well ladies, I'm going to kick my feet up and vegitate for the evening.  I'm worn silly.

Have a great one!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 08:06:27 am »
Hey all,

Snow, I hope your muscles, and body are feeling better.  Sometimes physical labor can really take its toll, especially as we age, trust me.  When I was younger, I swear I was invincible.  Now, well, maybe I need to exercise.

Mum, I've never heard of a "new student" fee.  But yeah, I know classes online cost more.  At the university I just graduated from, the cost of online classes just went up to $398/credit hour (and most classes are 3 credit hours).   And I totally know about the frustration of book costs.  Last time I took 3 classes, it cost over $500 for the books.  Anyway, please give Mim a huge birthday hug from me and Poppy.  I hope she really has a good day.

Mary, I try to stay focused, and look at the big picture instead of just one incident, but sometimes it's really hard.  I've tried to turn my life around (after drugs), but sometimes it just seems life knocks everything down.  Or, whatever forces are responsible for things happening.  Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

I'm freezing.  It's only 51 degrees here right now, so I shut the windows.  I really do love the new place, though.  Today I only plan on cleaning.  Then my brother is supposed to come by later.  Yesterday, my sister came over and took me to lunch at Bonnie Doone's (a local ice cream parlor).  She gave me a $20 giftcard to Bed Bath & Beyond, which was really sweet.  Of course, that store is ridiculously expensive, but I can always shop the clearance section. ;D       You all have a good one.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 12:04:38 pm »
Good Morning!

Cindy- The cake is so cute! You did a good job.

Betty- Sorry to hear about the whole school mess. I believe that when one door closes another one will open. Just hang in there. Everything happens for a reason. I really think it was good that you emailed the chancelor. I would never do that. You are very proactive!

Mum- I would love to know how that banana split cake turns out. I have had banana spilt pie from Marie Calender's and it was YUMMY!

Snow- Be careful on that stool! LOL

Netta- How fast did you lose that weight? Are you still taking your meds?

Holly- Hey... :)

My first week went well. That mother never apologized but she was much more calm the next day. Thank God. I will definitely remember at parent conference time. I am enjoying the kids so far. The learning curve for me is huge though and I feel totally out of my element. I know it will take time. I don't really have much else going on. I am going to do  laundry and my lesson plans and that is all.

Have a good day everyone!

Andrea ;D

Offline missy

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 02:44:44 pm »
Hey GF's

Sounds like everyone is having a good day. The weather here is beautiful I hit the pool and just baked in the sun for a while.....no more rain please! 8)

Mum- I would love to know how that banana split cake turns out as well, if it is good...share the recipe. YUMMY!

Andrea it will get easier with school...practice makes perfect.  You don't think every teacher started out knowing what to do? It sounds like you are really enjoying it.LOL.

Hey to everyone else!

I am off to Denver tomorrow for business I will be back Friday. Enjoy the week.  If I have some time, I Will try to catch up as I am taking my computer with me. I am going to go do a compliance audit at one of our site.  Fun Fun Fun!!

Betty, her is a hug for you((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))).
~Mary~

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009, 04:08:15 pm »
Hi GFs~

Quick post cause the kids are still here.  I cleaned more things out of my old house yest and today, and Ice mowed the lawn.  The humidity here is lower but its still 80 degrees at 4pm.  Tonight its supposed to be in the 50s with a high in the 70s Monday.  I will gladly TAKE IT!

Dying of thirst and have more laundry and stuff to do so I need to run.  BTW Iceman did the icing for Hello Kitty's head.  Instead of Sponge Bob Square Pants we called her Hello Kitty Square Jaw and said she had her wisdom teeth pulled.  LOL

Anyone hear from Queen?  How long is she "home" b4 going back to NY?  
I miss Wendy Cams and Drag....................

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:25:59 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:29 pm »
Our dinner company just left and I'm exhausted!

Betty, I'm glad you're liking the new place.  I'm totally enjoying the cooler weather.  It could stay like this year 'round and I'd be a very happy camper.  Kids woke up saying they were freezing..lol..I had all the windows and both doors open (and the fans on). 

Andrea, hang in there hun.  You are teaching kindergarten right?  At least you're the first teacher they've ever had so they can't tell you that they liked so-and-so better or wished they had thus-and-so teacher again.  Just think, next year they'll be telling their 1st grade teacher that they wish she was like YOU ;D

Missy, here's what I did: I made a sugar-free chocolate cake and a sugar-free vanilla cake.  I divided the vanilla cake into 2 bowls.  In one I mixed pureed strawberries.  In the other one, I mixed in crushed pineapples.  I put a small spoonful of the pineapple cake in the bottom of 3-dozen cupcake tins.  Then, I put a spoonful of the chocolate, then the strawberry.  I baked them until they were done and let them cool completely.  In the meantime, I made banana cream pudding following the "fuller pie" recipe and put it in the 'fridge for an hour.  When everything was cooled off, I used an icing tip and a zip lock bag to "inject" each cupcake with the pudding.  Topped it off with vanilla icing (sugar-free) and a cherry.

Instead of using water in the recipe, i used cherry juice (and adding water as necessary) to the chocolate cake and the pineapple juice to the vanilla mix (before dividing it) the same way.  It was time consuming, but not hard.  They were a BIG hit and wonderful.

Cindy, LOL about the cake.  I thought it was really well done.  I can't do anything near that. 

Okeedokie, I'm yawning and can barely keep my eyes opened.  We start school tomorrow and I'm already ready for Christmas break ;)

Sweet Dreams!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2009, 09:32:21 pm »
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Since you have been mentioning cakes, you need to check out http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/.
It is very funny, I was looking through the archives last night laughing my ass off. 

The kids are going to school in the morning. Yeah!! I clean the house and it will stay that way for more than an hour.
My dogs are driving me bonkers, the little one is in heat and making the pit go insane!  I tried putting him outside today on his leash and he actually howled, like I have never heard him do before.  My bed looks like it is possessed right now because he is under it, moving around, whining, thumping his tail.

BT- 4 more days ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.