Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried Silly  (Read 6673 times)

Offline iamworriedalot

Worried Silly
« on: October 30, 2008, 06:34:23 am »
First of I know the questions that I have,may have been answered alot of times before and I have read the Lessons,but I hope you reliase that the mind has alot of fear that is driving me scared.So please help me with some answers and advice as it will be highly regarded. About 2 weeks ago I recieved a Blow job from a prostitute,and I put my finger in her vagina.I did not ejacultate in her mouth.While I was lying down,she may have rubbed against my penis with her genital area for few seconds,but there was no penetration.I washed my self with water,After wards I touched my penis with the same hand that I fingered her (about 10min later). My questions are:

1. What are the risks of HIV from Blow jobs ( I am uncircumsed)
2.Risks of Fingering as I had a hangnail and broken skin or (No blood)
3.Touching or rubbing of genitals
4.Should I consider testing?I was last tested 2 years ago and had no sexual activity whatso ever till this incident.
5.Its been 2 weeks and I dont feel any symtoms,can anyone tell me how long I should watch out?I know it is said 1-3 weeks not later.

I do not intend to upset anyone,I am just ignorant because I keep reading about information that some say Blowjobs are risky,some say not,and the same with fingering.So please HElp and I do apologise in advance if I upset anyone.

HELP!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Worried Silly
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 08:48:33 am »
You may choose to accept this or not, but absolutely nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV transmission. Zilch for risk. Really.

In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of transmission to a guy through his getting a blowjob. It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first. The fact that you ejaculted has no relevance whatsoever as far as risk to you. Anyone who says getting a blowjob is a risk for HIV simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

Rubbing against the genital area without penetration, fingering (including with sores and nicks on your fingers), frottage and whatever variations you can come up with are also not risks for HIV. No, you do not need to get tested. There are no symptoms to watch for. For future reference you need to know that symptoms or lack of will never tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. Only a negative test result at 13 weeks can reliably give you that answer if there has been a risky incident. Which I hasten to repeat you did not have.

In general we do recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. So once a year is a good idea to do that.

This time you are worrying needlessly about HIV. Really.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline iamworriedalot

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 12:51:35 pm »
Thanks Andy,I am so worried and feel anxious,thanks for your reply.I need to certainly educate myself.I have asked the woman so many times and she said that she was last tested negative about month from the incident,but my mind doesnt want to believe her because of her profession,Im sorry to ask  but if she was tested a month ago,and was infected with that month(I hope and pray that she was not) does that change the situation at all? I get the point that recieving oral is low to no risk and fingering too,what annoyed me was the very next day after the incident I saw a doctor and explained about what had happened and his answers were,that he was not sure that HIV could or could not transmit that way,and told me about if there were cuts on either party,there is a risk which confuses me and worries me,can you advice me on this? My mind is starting to hallucinate and scare me,any advice? Although the rubbing of genitals was brief,it is the most worrying thing on my mind,can you please explain a bit more on this particular matter as well,Thanks for the time you take to answer me and alot of others,you,Ann Rapidrod are doing a great job.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 05:32:43 pm »
Non-insertive genital rubbing of any sort is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. Period.

Just because someone is a sex worker does not mean the person is HIV+. Very often in my experience it is the professionals who take the most care to protect their health through safer sex and therefore their clients as well. The woman would have been well within her rights to tell you to take a flying leap when you badger her about her HIV status. And in the end it doesn't matter what she tells you because you are the one who is responsible for protecting your health.

It isn't whom you are with but rather what you do that is crucial as far as safer sex and HIV prevention. In your case you didn't do anything that put you at risk transmission. End of story.

If you can't let go of torturing yourself about this non-risk incident, than I suggest you see a counselor or other mental health professional to discuss the situation. Dealing with you on that level is beyond the scope of this site. All I can tell with assurance is that you were absolutely not at risk for for HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 05:45:46 am »
iam,

I saw a doctor and explained about what had happened and his answers were, that he was not sure that HIV could or could not transmit that way,

The doctor admitted to you that he isn't sure how hiv is and is not transmitted. We, on the other hand, ARE sure how it is and is not transmitted.

Nothing you report was a risk for hiv infection. We are sure about that.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, no matter who you're with, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. We're sure it really is that simple. Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline iamworriedalot

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 03:13:51 pm »
Thanks for your assurance Ann and Andy,I am thankfull for your replies.I understand now about blowjobs and fingering.So I will take your answers and will sticth them to my mind as I am in a panic state but I do regard your answers.I need to well educate myself. For now I want to get over this fear and experience.So both of you do not recommend testing from this incident? Thanks alot,Andy,Ann and Rapidrod for all the help you guys provide on this site.

Offline iamworriedalot

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 04:59:45 pm »
Any response guys?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 05:09:16 pm »
Since you weren't at risk for HIV, no, there is no need to get tested.

In general we do recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done. But that is separate at this moment from the question of HIV. When there hasn't been any risk, there's simply no need to get tested.

And just because you're uneasy and fearful doesn't change that fact-based reality.
Andy Velez

Offline iamworriedalot

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 05:14:29 pm »
Thanks Andy for your answer.I am reckling my brain needlessly,Can I suggest another website to you,(maybe you already know)but that website could sure use someone like you and Ann and Rapidrod.If I should not be posting web address here than Im sorry www.healingwell.com

Once again thanks and please advice me on what you think about the website

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 05:32:03 pm »
We're quite well occupied here and don't need to take on participating in or commenting on another website.
Andy Velez

Offline iamworriedalot

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 06:31:30 pm »
Hi Andy,and all

Hope you guys remember my story.I have been putting all that happened behind me,but 2 days ago I had some soreness in my left armpit,could be from weight lifting or shaving my armpit or what I dont  know.Any way today,,there are 2 bumps on my left armpit only..That is what brings me here again..

Can some one please advice me on Lymph nodes?The bumps on my left armpit hurt when I press and also when my arm rubs against my body and are reddish,size around 1cm..Is this anything that I should worry about all over again regarding HIV?Lymph nodes are usually due to infections..are they on 1 area only or near neck,groin etc?I dont even know what lymph nodes are suppose to look like,and I hope these are not Lymphs anyway

Help Guys PLease

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:36:40 pm »
If you are having problems with your Lymph Nodes go and see your Doctor.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline iamworriedalot

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »
Thanks for your reply.But I dont know what lymph nodes are suppose to feel or look like.Thats why I came here first as I am worried again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 08:07:46 pm »
Yah, well what whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV. And leave your lymph nodes alone.

Touching, pressing, squeezing and otherwise bothering them can really create problems because they are very sensitive. Discuss the problem with your doctor. We can't diagnose anything here but we can tell you it has nothing to do with HIV, no matter what your fears and your mind say to the contrary.   
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.