Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 381
Total: 382

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: stupid me  (Read 3882 times)

Offline kurks101

stupid me
« on: May 23, 2009, 05:23:40 am »
i am bi-

only have had sex with 3 girls
(unprotected twice with the same girlfriend of two years)

never had sex with a guy until today
i had friend who is also bi- on the DL and we had planned on hooking up before and finally did today. He gave me oral, and wanted to me to "top" him, he asked if i had a condom and i said i could run down to the gas station, i got up to go, i asked if i should go and get one or should i just forget about it and not have sex. he said we could just go ahead and said it was up to me.  for some stupid reason i was just like whatever, and for bout 5-6 min. we had unprotected sex, i pulled out after this time when i realized how stupid what i was doin was, so i stopped it and he performed oral on me again.
i know this was risky and i know i should get tested because i haven't yet, my question is when should i do it, and what other stds can i get from this stupid encounter (im only 20 btw)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: stupid me
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 05:50:12 am »
kurks,

Each and every time you have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, you're putting yourself at risk for hiv. It's not just men on the DL who might have hiv - hiv doesn't discriminate and neither should you. It's not just hiv either, you can get any and every STI in the book by having unprotected intercourse.

As you were the insertive (top) partner, your risk is somewhat lower than if you bottomed, but lower risk is in no way NO risk. Please stop taking chances with your life and health.

The earliest you should test is at six weeks, as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test postive by this time. A negative six week result is highly unlikely to change, but MUST be confirmed at the three month point.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms, correctly and consistently and whether you're with a woman or a man, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kurks101

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 05:55:15 am »
thanks for the information. i know it was stupid as hell, how easily can u get hiv?  like can u get it easily in such a short period?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 06:34:30 am »
kurks,

Yes, you can get it that easily. It doesn't matter if it's the first time you bareback, or the 10,000th. While exposure doesn't necessarily equal transmission, it is possible even in a short period of time. However, the odds are in your favour of testing negative in this specific situation, partly because you topped and partly because of the short period of time.

You need to know that even though your chances of testing negative are good, what you're doing when you bareback is playing russian roulette. There's no way of knowing if you got the loaded chamber or not, at least not untl you test. I do know people who ended up positive following one exposure. So wise up and start using condoms. OK? No glove, no love. Simple as.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kurks101

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 06:54:08 am »
they said to post in original thread.

this is a completly different topic./scenerio but i think this is where i have to post it:

so i recently got tested for everything (hiv/std/blood test/rectum/oral swab everything) last week. and tested negative for everything,

I have an anal fissure i think, that comes up everyonce in while, since i was like . Im 19 now.

Ok so the follwoing may make me sound loose, but I its my life

the other day i hooked up with a guy who i let rim me.  The anal fissure was present but only hurt when i tried to insert a finger. (he is hiv- and std clean)

Today, i hooked up with a freind of mine and he topped me, and for some of the time he didn't use a condom. (hes clean as well)

i dont know much about anal fissures,  and i wanna know if it can create/cause any stds, and if i can catch anything more easily.  Basically i don't want to give anybody anything.  .
does that make any sense at all ha?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 06:57:24 am »
They have a term for people like yourself, it's called a bug chaser. Keep having unprotected anal sex and you'll end up contracting HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 07:04:29 am »
kurks,

For a start, I'm clean - I just had a shower, but I'm also hiv positive. It's highly insulting to use the word "clean" to describe someone's sexual health.

Yes, having an anal fissure and engaging in unprotected, receptive anal intercourse (bareback bottoming) makes you MUCH more susceptible to hiv and other STIs.

Unless you're in a monogamous relationship with this guy and have tested TOGETHER with him, in no way should you be bareback bottoming for him. How can you really know he's hiv negative? He may only THINK he's negative. If he's barebacking with you, he's probably barebacking with others too. You're playing roulette with your life and health and you need to wise up and stop before it's too late.

You need to test again for all STIs and also hiv at the appropriate time.

If you keep playing this dangerous barebacking game, sooner or later you'll be joining us in the "I Just Tested Poz" forum. No kidding. It's as simple as that. Serosorting doesn't work for negative guys, so be warned. WAKE UP!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kurks101

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 11:27:17 am »
thank you rapid rod, for not answering my question and basically calling me a slut.  Yes, i understand my, risk, and have made some immature decisions, when i am intoxicated, and "in the moment."  I am going to make sure to always use a condom, but at least i have enough sense to get tested, regularly, my other bad spur of the moment decisions im still working on getting rid of.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 11:47:21 am »
Kurks,

I think it's safe to say that pretty much all of us on the poz side of these forums got there by making bad choices. I know I did.

However, if it takes shocking language to get you to wake up and stop putting yourself at risk, then that's what you'll get here. We don't pull any punches and we tell it like it is. I don't want to see you end up poz. I wish someone had given me a good telling off before I got infected. It's too late for me, but hopefully it's not too late for you.

However, it does sound like you're taking a good hard look at your sexual practices and hopefullly something good will come of that.

Good luck with the testing. Hopefully you'll be ok this time - and there won't be a next time!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.