Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:28:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 319
Total: 320

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fang's New Hobby  (Read 3195 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Fang's New Hobby
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:16:09 am »
Fang has developed a new hobby:  dumpster diving !    Every time I vacuum the carpet, I find little tidbits of trash, like those plastic disposable eye drop containers, all over the house under the furniture.   She successfully manages to 'dive in' and dig out these treasures without tipping over the garbage cans!

At least she's helping me to keep the place neat -- she always hides her goodies under or behind the furniture so no one can see it.

Oh, and why is it that a cat can get ANYWHERE that the cat wants to get, but if YOU want it to get somewhere, forget it....I thought it would be cute to get a photo of her beside my jack-o-lantern, on top of the entertainment center, but when I tried to put her up there, she was not having any of that..... ::)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Teresa

Re: Fang's New Hobby
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:31:34 am »
Now Alan you know good and well if you didnt want Fang anywhere near that jack-o-lantern she would be all over it...LOL

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Christine

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:47:19 pm »
We have to hide all of our trash cans or the dogs would have a buffet dinner.

We had a Siamese when I was little....she was the diva. She didn't do anything she didn't want to. She would look at you with those blue eyes, and flip her tail up in the air, and prance away...

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 04:23:19 pm »
Alan, put some tuna inside the pumpkin,  great pictures await... ;D

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 06:03:49 pm »
Alan, Good to hear that Fang is keeping you busy these days. A question though, exactly what do you need all those eye drops for? HHHHMMMMM?
   Judging from your new avatar photo, I think it would behoove you to maybe spend a little more time in the Sun.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 07:40:40 pm »
 :D :D...Fang obviously got fed up of annoying the B/F so she as turned her talents elsewhere, her new toys seem to be of great interest to her, something new to play with....hope you can get some photo's of her and the lantern.

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:42:20 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline bluelove

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 08:11:56 pm »
Your kitty sounds like a hoot!!

Mine knows how to flush the toilet ...Favorite time to do so so? 2am

Be thankful Fang and Hal are not talking on the phone.

Lord knows what they would get up too...

Blue

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 06:03:29 am »
Good Lord.....where do you people FIND these creatures?   :o

John
(who can almost feel Fang's hot breath on the back of his neck......)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 01:33:45 pm »
John,

Fang was found abandoned at a gas station when she was about 4-5 weeks old......yes, she is a 'white trash'  just like me.   LOL

If you were here, it wouldn't be her hot breath you would have to worry about...... ;)
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline bear60

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 03:58:54 pm »
All of our cats have had some special thing that they would do.....our former cat played ball by lying on her side and catching the ball in her forepaws and then throwing it back at you with all four.
Our current cat is a big mush mind male and his big trick is to bang the kitchen cabinet door when he wants food...or attention. he pulls it part way open then lets it go so it bangs.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 08:19:07 pm »
Hi Alan

I love the Avatar photo...but it needs to be bigger so I can see it better...any chance of the original?...pretty please.. :-* :-*.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 10:09:26 am »
My late cat Agatha used to love to unroll the toilet paper and drag it throughout the house. In the middle of the night, you could hear her run through the house, then hear her hit the paper roll.

She did this until one night when I forgot to put the lid down. Sound of cat running through the house, sound of toilet paper roll being hit, loud splash.

She never did it again, but the claw marks on the toilet seat were priceless.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.