Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:06:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Arafat died of AIDS!?  (Read 5838 times)

Offline zeb

Arafat died of AIDS!?
« on: July 18, 2007, 06:27:34 pm »
http://mpetrelis.blogspot.com/2007/07/palestinian-confirmation-arafat-died-of.html

Hm, I was a bit surprised,
I didn't know Arafat had homosexual affairs, neither that possibly he died of AIDS...
If he had contracted it... didn't he get treatment soon enough? Or did it fail? Just wondering...

Zeb

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Arafat died of AIDS!?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:50:51 pm »
The Israel Today news service reported last week that a Palestinian leader earlier this month confirmed in a TV interview that terrorist Yassir Arafat died of AIDS.

Oh for Christ's sakes. READ what you post. Arafat didn't die of AIDS. Of course an Israeli news source would say something like this,

MtD

/emphasis added by Matty the Damned/

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:08:41 pm »
Oooh.

I heard about this right after he died.

A close relative of mine has rather high security clearance with the guvment, and this was mentioned to me as a small tidbit of a theory being tossed around in the intelligence community.  Didn't seem to be a big deal. 

My theory is that it's something of American/Israeli propaganda thing.  What better way to upset some Islamic fundies than by saying Arafat buggered his way to immune deficiency?

Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 08:42:41 am »
Yeah, I heard he had aids before he died,but wouldnt doubt if its propaganda from US/Israel. Wonder if he got it when he was partying with the Waskally One in the White House? One of the best stories I heard was when Monica said just before Willy was getting ready to meet with the mass murderer Arafat,Monica was giving him a headset. Its also funny how the use of Palestian children as weapon delivery systems has subsided since both Saddam and Arafat have moved on.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 08:53:41 am »

Q: What do you get when you cross a republican with a lemming?

A: PEACE

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 03:05:50 pm »
Matty, actually no Israeli news source said this. Not that I know of. Israel today is not a reliable source, just an extreme right wing fanatic (settler) American-Jewish funded site. Real Israeli media, even right wing, never said that. Although they did publish the rumor that he was poisoned. Which may or may not be true.

If you read through this site, this is not the news as it appears in Israel, just propaganda. This is an old rumor b/c AIDS is so stigamatized in Israel and much, much, much more in Palestine. as you prolly know Palestine is in a kind of civil war for years now. It is unclear which side started it (which is the eternal question in IL/PL anyway...).

I think he had Parkinson's, that's what it looked like.

PS Jack, "the use of Palestian children as weapon delivery systems has subsided" since a huge unpassable wall has been built, efficiantly segregating the 2 communities.
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 03:41:58 pm »
I had heard rumours of both, but I would take this news witha  grain of salt.  It certainly is possible and concerning the stigma, this is something that would have been kept a secret.  But all I have to say is consider the source.  You can also say that it is merely propaganda, because let's face it, it isn't a palestinian-friendly source and you mainly have heard these rumours from Israel.  Of course they would have motive to trash Arafat's image.  So I wouldn't dismiss the possibility, but until there is a reliable, unbiased source, I just wouldn't believe it.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 03:45:54 pm »
it is very clear who started it. The UN started it by granting Israel the right to start a religious state in this area. Maybe the stupidest thing ever done in our lifetime. I still think you make a deal with Israel and trade them Maui or the Big Island straight up for Israel. Israel population is 7 millions. It is approx 250 miles long and 60 miles wide. Surely we can make a deal. West Texas?
Yes the wall helps but Arafat and Saddam were paying parents to use their children as weapon delivery systems.
The best book I have ever read on the area is "Jerusalem to Beirut" by lefto wingnut tommy Friedman

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:34:27 pm »
Surely we can make a deal. West Texas?

Git yer hands off of West Texas, Jack.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 06:48:48 am »
Not that it's unheard of for Arab men to have homosexual affairs, but this isn't really even worth reading.

(not that i've ever been to the middle east and tasted the local flora and fauna   cough cough)
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 06:55:54 am »
It was a fairly well known fact that Yassar Arafat had a penchant for young men
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 01:06:14 pm »
I didn't realize but poz.com published this, not only that, they linked to it from the homepage earlier today. I think it is shameful, ESP. for a poz mag, to engage in this kind of outing (not really outing, more like speculation). The point is not Arafat, who I could obviously not care less about, the point is what do poz people get out of these rumour mills and speculation? Nothing but more stigma. Besides like I said this is really an unreliable source based itself on youtube (sorry Zeb it's not you I'm angry with, on the forums we can write whatever and debate whatever, but poz is another thing, it's supposed to represent poz people, globally). The man died years ago, what exactly is the point of reviving a rumor mill? He certainly was sick with something, could be a million things. What do poz people get out of these implications? if at least it was printed before by reliable Israeli or global media, but it isn't. Yuck.

I want to see poz.com even think of outing say a famous actress or a dead celebrity. As if they would risk having their ass sued off. But here is not a question of honoring a dead person, it is a question of dishonoring poz people. "Many had suspected HIV, especially as Arafat is believed to have had male sex partners". Who needs stigma when we have it right in out back yard.

http://www.poz.com/articles/1_12593.shtml
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline SirPrize

• SirPrize!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 01:48:25 pm »
Good Grief!  He was only a young 77 years of age when he "kicked the bucket."  That's several years more than the average life expectancy for the healthy western male.  Therefore, I doubt seriously this "rumor" has any truth to it at all.  AND, the last time I looked, liking young boys makes one a pedophile not a practicing homosexual!
Due to current economic conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily turned off!

Offline Iggy

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 02:32:10 pm »
I didn't realize but poz.com published this, not only that, they linked to it from the homepage earlier today. I think it is shameful, ESP. for a poz mag, to engage in this kind of outing (not really outing, more like speculation). The point is not Arafat, who I could obviously not care less about, the point is what do poz people get out of these rumour mills and speculation? Nothing but more stigma. Besides like I said this is really an unreliable source based itself on youtube (sorry Zeb it's not you I'm angry with, on the forums we can write whatever and debate whatever, but poz is another thing, it's supposed to represent poz people, globally). The man died years ago, what exactly is the point of reviving a rumor mill? He certainly was sick with something, could be a million things. What do poz people get out of these implications? if at least it was printed before by reliable Israeli or global media, but it isn't. Yuck.

I want to see poz.com even think of outing say a famous actress or a dead celebrity. As if they would risk having their ass sued off. But here is not a question of honoring a dead person, it is a question of dishonoring poz people. "Many had suspected HIV, especially as Arafat is believed to have had male sex partners". Who needs stigma when we have it right in out back yard.

Hmmm - Maybe someone on Poz marketing staff is also the one who came up with GAY = Got AIDS Yet?

I do hope they admit it was horrifically sloppy journalism on their part and apologize without claiming they just posted what someone else said as an excuse...after all I'm pretty sure that's the same argument I've read HIV denialist use for posting their proganda too.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 06:56:30 pm »

I hear Our Dear President Shrub isn't really getting a colonoscopy.  It's an AIDS-scopy.

Because... you know... he's a douchebag... and only douchebags get AIDS.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.