Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 340
Total: 342

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: just worried  (Read 24038 times)

Offline fabfab72

Re: oral sex - concerned
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 10:59:51 am »
Sperm falling on to your glans is quite different from your penis being inside a vagina or an anus in terms of possible exposure to HIV. HIV is a fragile virus. It needs the kind of receptive setting like the anus or the vagina in order to remain viable.

Once it is exposed to the air it is very quickly rendered non-viable. And then there are the mechanics of it getting (while viable) into your pee hole, something quite different from simply falling on to your glans.
I know what you tell me here is supported by years of experience and some common sense but still, i don't really get it in terms of scientific evidence.
Some men get hiv after an insertive intercourse, right ? Which means that there has been some rubbing. So, if you get loads of sperm on your glans, and have some rubbing afterwards, and if you put a condom shortly after and have an intercourse, you can't be sure there won't be some sperm getting in your peehole, and you can't be sure the virus will be exposed to the air. Looks like an insertive intercourse to me. Could you explain where the difference is - if there is one ? Thank you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:35 am »
It's the difference between sperm on your glans and touching your pee hole and having your penis inside an anus (or vagina) which is a receptive setting for transmission of HIV. Outside of the penis is not that kind of setting.

Rubbing and the kind of contact you continue to be concerned about is simply not a risk. That's a very common sexual activity and if it was a genuine risk we would have known it long before today.

But of course you don't have to accept what we say. Go ahead and get tested if you must and collect the inevitable negative result.

You've been coming here long enough to have received many responses. Consistenly you stay focused and stuck on non-risk situations. We're not here to hold your hand everytime  you have another burst of unwarranted anxiety. Consider yourself warned (again). If you continue to return about this non-risk you are going to get a Time Out.

At this point I would also suggest you might benefit from talking with a counselor or other professional about your fears about HIV. We can't help you with that in this setting.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:11:32 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 11:09:54 am »
fab,

It takes only a very short length of time outside the body for hiv to be rendered unable to infect. Small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels will all quickly damage the virus. It's a VERY fragile virus and it is not transmitted easily.

As Andy says, if you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test and collect your negative result. You should also test for the other more easily transmitted STIs while you're at it.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fabfab72

just worried
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 02:28:08 pm »
Hi there,

I've been recently diagnosed with tongue mycosa and now have serious throat issues. My recent actvities, which i thought were safe, are as follow :
- handjob by a female sex-worker (but i didn't see her hands).
- blowjob performed on a male, with condom, and deep and violent french kiss.
- various handjobs by men in sauna in a group situation (didn't see the guys' hands).
- deep french kiss with a guy who fucked another guy, had touched his own penis and the guy's penis and then performed a handjob. Impossible to see if the guy had sperm and/or precum on his hand.
- the same guy then kisses and licks my ass.
I'm married and worried over these situations. Do i put my wife in danger ? Do i need to test ? I was almost sure to have done things right...

Thanks for your advices.

Offline RapidRod

Re: just worried
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 03:20:01 pm »
You don't have an HIV concern in any of the situations you've provided.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »
You get HIV sexually through unprotected vaginal and anal sex.

Not getting a blowjob, a handjob, kissing, or any of the other activities you mention.

And no, not EVEN with all the caveats your brain is probably going to manufacture.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline fabfab72

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2011, 01:38:10 am »
So do you think that there's no need to be tested over any of the described situations and that i can have unprotected intercourses with my wife as far as hiv is concerned?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2011, 03:33:11 am »
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? You were told you did not have an exposure.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2011, 09:30:49 am »
Fab,

Once again, I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

You've been told this in the past. Stop wasting my time in having to merge your threads when you come here.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re-read your entire thread. You've been coming here for over two years now, but yet you continue to ask the same basic questions over and over again. You need to take what you've learned about hiv transmission and apply it to each encounter you experience.

It's really simple. The only confirmed sexual risks are unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. All these other things you're worried about are NO HIV RISK activities. We've told you this time and time again. We're not here to hold you hand every time you fool around outside your marriage.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Keep coming back over your latest NO RISK concerns and you will be given another time out.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fabfab72

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2011, 06:30:52 pm »
Ann, sorry for this thread problem - i just thought it was better to start a new one, giving the fact that the last one was old.
So if i understand you correctly there is no need to test, even if my partners had cum or precum in their fingers and gave me some handjobs ? Can you confirm me that nobody ever got infected that way ?
If so, i will surely move on and not get tested, as long as hiv is concerned.
Thanks again for your patience.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2011, 07:25:48 pm »
Fab,

If you re-read your entire thread like I asked you to, you'd know the answer to your latest NO RISK concern. You need to start figuring these things out for yourself.

I'm giving you that second time out I warned you about. We're not here to continually hold your hand every time you have sex outside your marriage and become consumed with guilt and what-iffs.

Create a new account to get around your time out and be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.