Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:15:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 594
Total: 594

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What are your worst side-effects for being HIV poz?  (Read 11986 times)

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
What are your worst side-effects for being HIV poz?
« on: August 12, 2007, 03:40:48 pm »
I must say that besides the health issues and some side-effects from the drug, the worst side effect of this condition is being connected to the medical end of this industry.  I never thought that I would see a Doctor so many times a year and feel at times so helpless.  But things could be worst.  I could be dead I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
Re: What are your worst side-effects for being HIV poz?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 06:00:31 pm »
Being turned down for sex so damn frequently.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 06:04:52 pm »
that's a good point.  Sex aint what it use to be.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 06:21:09 pm »
To be honest I don't mind doctor's visits so much, what I detest has been dealing with the insurance issues and bureaucratic bullshit.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:08 am »
what I detest has been dealing with the insurance issues and bureaucratic bullshit.

ditto, that's our U.S.A.
:sigh:

Dan J.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 10:06:50 am »
depression, PN & the daily "squirtz".

Dan J.

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 11:03:48 am »
Ferocious allergies from my immune system being on-edge constantly

An inappropriately large pharmacological and medical vocabulary

More sex that when I was in my 20s -- HIV got me to take better care of myself and to define who I am more clearly.  Guys seem to like it and can deal with the viral enhancement if we negotiate safety early on.
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 04:49:27 pm »
battling with my employers over my rights at work and it feels like am fighting a battle with a big organisation which has ignorant and uninformed top officials. It does my head in all the time
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 04:51:27 pm »
the negatives
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 05:13:19 pm »
I think I've been lucky enough to not have any physical side effects really.  The side effects for me are psychological ones.  Mainly in the way I look at myself and how I perceive other people to view me.  These psychological side-effects are hugely overlooked by doctors on how they effect the health of HIV+ people I think and certainly in the UK there isn't anywhere near enough support provided. 

This is definitely the case after the initial diagnosis anyway some stories I've heard have been awful.  When I was diagnosed essentially I was given a few Aidsmap and THT leaflets then sent on my way.  My self esteem certainly took a battering at the start I've recovered from that to a certain extent though.  I do sometimes wonder how I'm going to handle medications when the time comes hopefully thats a while away yet though.
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline mike2002

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 05:59:46 pm »
The side effects for me are psychological ones.  Mainly in the way I look at myself and how I perceive other people to view me. 

I could not agree more.
05/11/06 Initial Diagnosis
05/21/07 CD4 424 / 24,627 Viral Load
06/01/07 Started meds (Kaletra / Atripla)
06/28/07 CD4 542 / 424 Viral Load
08/01/07 CD4 542 / >50

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 06:04:16 pm »
I think I've been lucky enough to not have any physical side effects really.  The side effects for me are psychological ones.  Mainly in the way I look at myself and how I perceive other people to view me.  These psychological side-effects are hugely overlooked by doctors on how they effect the health of HIV+ people I think and certainly in the UK there isn't anywhere near enough support provided. 

I agree with manchesteruk.  The psychological effects are the worst for me, as well.  I sometimes feel ashamed of my status and I have become very guarded in relationships/dating.  I wish I could relax, have a little more confidence and just be "me" again.

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline poz1970

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 06:37:45 pm »
anal wee
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 06:45:08 pm »
My biggest issue is the massive amounts of gas I get.  I mean farting is funny but damn I could almost fill an entire blimp in a few weeks!
 :o
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 08:41:50 pm »
I would have rather kept working on my get rich quick scheme's...

Eric

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 09:57:48 pm »
What are your worst side-effects for being HIV poz?

That's a good question.

With my buffalo humpette, I do have a bit of an image problem.

Of course, if I look at myself face-on in the mirror, I look like I could bench press 500 lbs., so maybe that's not so bad.

I have lipoatrophy, have had for a while. I have skinny legs and arms and my veins look like an illustration from an anatomy textbook.

But, I also look around and see negatives with skinny legs and bulging veins. OK, some are meth addicts, but others are just that way. Also, since I do try to exercise, I at least look a bit muscular rather than just bony.

So, that's probably not too bad either.

Sex? Well, actually, I had more sex in my youth than mere mortals could withstand.  I probably had more sex in one trip to the baths than most straight men do in their lifetime.

True, the last eight or 10 years have become increasingly spare when it comes to sex. Then again, I am 50, an age when most gay men won't acknowledge you unless they want something - like cash.

I've been on meds for more than 11 years. During that time I have dealt with anemia (not bad though), kidney stones (not the most fun I've had), and the other physical side effects, not to mention Sustiva and its horrors (some nights, literally).

But, on the other hand, those same meds have prevented a trip down PCP Avenue and basically allowed me skip a trip to the land of Opportunistic Infections. So, I guess I really can't carp about that, can I?

I somehow managed to live 20 years longer than the doc who told me I was positive said I would.

Unfortunately,I am now entering a chapter in my life that is particularly frightening to me. Why? Simple, because I fear I won't have the energy to do all the things I want to do before I kick the bucket.

So, what is everyone's greatest fear regarding getting old?

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 01:31:55 am »
The evil IRS!!! (Immune Reconstitution Syndrome)

bry
(who pays his taxes and is in good graces with the other IRS)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 05:59:13 am »
All the people I've lost, dealing with government agencies, lipo (both dystrophy and atrophy).  The doctor's visits don't bother me very much.  I certainly don't have the sex I used to have, but like Mark said, a lot of the things that bother me could be me getting older.  Back when they were megadosing people with AZT, my hemoglobin dropped to two and that really sucked.  I think the biggest drawback for me has been all the wonderful people who have come into my life and left, due to the illness. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 06:13:28 am »
These two things motivate me to post this right now...

1.Having to wake up 4am to go to the hospital, to make a queue and wait for my Dr for 6 hours.
2.Also the fact they never have any of my meds i am prescribed and that i cannot buy at this time.

Yep... those are side effects i hate.

Juan Carlos (5.10am... leaving for hospital... mmm might add some things later on in this thread)
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 08:49:05 am »
Hello,

If I was to put things in order from the worst side effects to the major annoyances, I would probably list them as follows :

1. Definitely the PN in the hands and feet being the worse, add arthritis to that and well...

2. Second worse,  .... The skin problems I've been having. Basil cells and squamous cells, and lets not forget HPV... Although, I should probably put HPV up there in the number 1 slot.

3. Third worse....Tinnitus in the ears. Always constant, never ending.

4.  That occasional fatigue, that will just wipe you out, along with muscle ache,.. oh yes, and the brain fog, !!

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 08:54:11 am »

5. Forgot to add one more thing....My big fat stomach !!
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline JPinLA

• Cheers!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 11:09:49 am »
Thus far it has certainly been the psychological side-effects.  This includes, but is not limited to, stress about my health, stress about my financial future, anxiety that I might infect my partner, disappointment in myself, letting others down..

I have to say I am not yet 1 year diagnosed and the feelings/thoughts I have described were much more prominent earlier and have waned with time.  They are, however, still hanging around.  Luckily I have a lovely support system of friends, family and a therapist who I suspect is related to Barbra Streisand but won't own up to it.  These side-effects are becoming more manageable with time but I do not expect them to ever disappear completely.

JP

11/06 - Diagnosed - VL/5784 & CD4 326
2/07 - VL/6000 & CD4 290 2/07
3//07 -Began Truvada/Viramune 
4/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 320 22%
7/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 286 22%
11/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 302 26%

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 12:49:13 pm »
1) Barfing! Even on a better regime, I still puke about once a week; but it isn't every damn day anymore, so I'm trying not to complain about puking too much anymore.

2) Being "half sick". Half of the time, I feel pretty darn good for 45. The other half of the time, I'm either queasy or soooooo tired and achey.

But I'm not dead, not in the hospital and the puking has been reduced by 1000%, so it ain't all bad like it was the first 10 yrs having this disease. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:34:29 pm »
My worst side effect is fear I think. Even though I know I can be here for years I fear that I will die and my parents will die and my now 4YO will be alone or a ward of the state :'( . My other fear is the people in this community will find out and treat my son or parents poorly. I have posted about these things before.                                                           Physically, the loss of my ass is very upsetting, image thing I guess. I used to have a nice fat ass and it has deflated and moved around to my tummy so I feel like I look funny. :)     Cristy

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:02 pm »
There is not enough room for me to post all of my side-effects, nor would I want to relive those times. 

There is however, the worst side-effect of HIV that I have experienced and that is burying too many people to even count, let alone remember them all.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 02:20:35 pm »
Being given up for dead three times by the doctors.
Not being able to walk for five years.
In constant shreaking pain for 12 years.
Near death case of pancretitis.
Drug induced Hepititus.
All the annoing stuff listed in the above posts.
There are pages more, but I got work to do, so I will cut this off.  Life goes on!!!!

Gimme a break, HIV is nasty shit, and it will kill you still if you don't put up with the side effects of the meds and you don't take them.

Sheeeeeesh!!!!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 02:20:49 pm »
Having to go and get blood work every week for the first four months of being diagnosed with AIDS. Also being stuck with a needle and trying to find a vein to get my blood from. At the time I was going my veins would move alot aka "jumping veins" and with so much weight loss it was hard finding a vein to stick me. Thank goodness those days are over and I only have to get blood work done 3 times out of the year.

Offline raroy273

• Me
    • For amore about me....
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 02:35:30 pm »
Dealing with the stigma the disease carries and having to disclose before having sex.  The contiunius Dr's appoitments and blood draws and having to constantly be aware of the changes in healthcare policys. 

Think its eaiser to date/hook-up with other HIV poz guys. 
6/8/07 VL = 86,000 CD4 = 135
6/14/07 Started Combivir/Kaletra
6/29/07 VL = 364 CD4 = 351
8/30/07 VL =<50 CD4 = 156
9/19/07 VL=<50 CD4 = 361
12/3/07 VL = <50 CD4 = 250 14.3%
5/2/08 VL = <50 CD4 = 491 25%
8/4/08 VL = <50 CD4 = 292 21%
9/8/08 VL = <50 CD4= 331

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 12:26:32 am »
Being given up for dead three times by the doctors.
Not being able to walk for five years.
In constant shreaking pain for 12 years.
Near death case of pancretitis.
Drug induced Hepititus.
All the annoing stuff listed in the above posts.
There are pages more, but I got work to do, so I will cut this off.  Life goes on!!!!

Gimme a break, HIV is nasty shit, and it will kill you still if you don't put up with the side effects of the meds and you don't take them.

Sheeeeeesh!!!!
                                                                                 Hello, Moffie. Glad to see your post. I take my meds like a good girl, I want to live. But I still miss my ass.                                                      You (fairly sure it was you), once told someone to read"And The Band Played On", I am reading it and it is fascinating and sad. Sorry for the mini hijack.  Cristy

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 09:23:02 am »
My worst side-effect is being treated more like a disease than a person when it comes to the dating world.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline northernguy

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 10:11:37 pm »
..Sex? Well, actually, I had more sex in my youth than mere mortals could withstand.  I probably had more sex in one trip to the baths than most straight men do in their lifetime...

Hot dayum, that sounds like a challenge to a whore off:
http://www.jibjab.com/view/118440

For me the worst has been the skin problems.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 02:11:45 pm »
A definite bad side effect is dating.  I have a pretty small pool of people I would want to date just to find the results are the same.  Mostly just jerks who think they are gods gift to earth.  I guess it seems I had my love of my life and there is no other who could fill that void.  Talk about carrying a torch.

Offline Nico

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 02:39:47 pm »
The worst side effects for me are:

1. Knowing where all the bathrooms are at all times - thank you Norvir!
2. PN - thank you Zerit.
3. Anemia and the fatigue - I need to thank two drugs Trizivir for making it worse and Procit injections to make it better.
4. Lipo - I can relate to Mark's roadmap of veins - I will have the pleasure of surgery in a few months to close up the main one in my left leg and saline injected into my calf to shrink the crooked one. Yuk!

But hell, I could be taking a celestial dirt nap so I will live with 1-4 and be happy I have today.

Rog
Poz since 1990.

Offline zeb

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 06:58:04 pm »
uncertainty

The worst side effect of having HIV to me is the feeling there's a gun placed against my head and at any moment the trigger can be pulled.

Zeb

Offline poz1970

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 12:07:23 am »
Hello,

If I was to put things in order from the worst side effects to the major annoyances, I would probably list them as follows :

1. Definitely the PN in the hands and feet being the worse, add arthritis to that and well...

2. Second worse,  .... The skin problems I've been having. Basil cells and squamous cells, and lets not forget HPV... Although, I should probably put HPV up there in the number 1 slot.

3. Third worse....Tinnitus in the ears. Always constant, never ending.

4.  That occasional fatigue, that will just wipe you out, along with muscle ache,.. oh yes, and the brain fog, !!

Ray

I've noticed I regularly have bad tinnitus, I had no idea this is a side issue with hiv/medication?!?! does anyone else have this issue?

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline LPinUK

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 06:27:06 pm »
The worst side effect for me is, by far, difficulty in dating as I still find it almost impossible to disclose. 

Physically I am probably healthier than most of my friends my age who drink alcohol and smoke weed almost every night of the week.
Diagnosed Poz September 2003, Current Regimen Truvada & Sustiva.

Offline buca45

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 01:11:56 am »
I have two:
1.  The serious psychological after effects of being on Sustiva for 6 months. I was one of those 1/10 of 1% who suffered severe psychosis for about two years after stopping the meds. Out of body experiences, yes....sucidal thoughts, yes......but I did get a never ending script for xanax out of it, for that i am thankful.
2.  The ever present, ever changing morning aches and pains that seem to be getting worse everyday. Still havent found enough info on what to do there, so wish me luck.
many others that have come and gone and that I cant recall due to psych problems.
Otherwise, I m lucky to have full coverage insurance and a comfortable, beautiful home with the partner from heaven and a dog who thinks shes from heaven......
Cant spend any time complaining.... too busy maintaining a fab life!!
"Love and Laughter and Happiness Ever After"

Offline +Man

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 01:21:25 am »
Endless complaining
Tested Neg 4/7/07
Tested Poz 6/20/07
CD4 6/20/2007 = 449 at 30%
VL >100,000
CD4 7/17/2007 =721 at 35%
VL =1430
CD4 8/14/2007 = 671 at 34%
VL =875
CD4 9/17/2007 =1010 at 38%
VL =368
CD4 11/07/2007 = 815 at 37%
VL =<50

Offline David_CA

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 09:27:43 am »
I've noticed I regularly have bad tinnitus, I had no idea this is a side issue with hiv/medication?!?! does anyone else have this issue?

J

I do too.  The problem is that I don't know if it's HIV related, HIV med related, other med related, or just me.  I can't remember when it started, so it's really hard to know what to 'blame' for it.  I don't think it's related to Adderall.  Possibly it's from Lisinopril (for hypertension).  I'll have to research more and see what I find about tinnitus and Atripla.  I pretty much always have some sort of background noise - like a fan - all the time.  I'm thinking that subconsciously that helps mask it. 

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 01:55:43 pm »
1. Dry life.
2. Dry skin.
3. Dry wit.
Your name here  X_______________

Offline dixieman

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 04:54:27 pm »
side effects:

diarrhea... for 3 years when taking zerit/kaletra great # for cd4's etc...
lost all the fat but, I was never fat... so I work out to have a body... still trying to get back to a 30 waist from 32"
I do miss my bubble butt...
kidney stones from crix...
folliculitus on going... clears and comes back
8 feet of intestine taken out 2 years ago... oh and a newly shaped butthole... from a prolapsed rectum from lifting weights and fat loss... all I can say is my tooter has the look of a 25 year old.. lol

I was told by a women a few months back that I looked just like Robert Redford...
my come back to her was... do I look like him in his prime or at present? lol
needless to say she was dumb-founded

oh and gas... but, before I have an accident I run to the restroom before an accident can happen... so far its been only gas... one never knows?

never thought I would live to 46 and here I am... so now to get compliment I tell people I'm 56... now I look fabulous for 56... need  tell you!
with all these side effects and I'm sure I've forgot to mention a few... I'm doing great and as my doctor explains I am healthier than most of the staff including herself who are hiv- neg...

Whats funny all the homos in town think I'm a butch daddy when in reality I'm more of a he man lesbian...lol

Who would Figure? be sweet!

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 08:42:05 pm »
outside severe allergic reaction to Zerit that put me in the hospital, I would have to say the PN, the nausea , the vomiting, the diarrhea and the constant feeling of being tired have to take the top 5.

now...I have to share this, it really is cute...hey..maybe they will use it on the adds for the HIV meds..

Rich
(who does have a bizarre sense of humor)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 08:45:41 pm by pozattitude »
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.