Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:56:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Month before Christmas  (Read 20376 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
The Month before Christmas
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:33:04 pm »
It was the month before Christmas

When all through our land,

Not a Christian was praying

Nor taking a stand.

See the PC Police had taken away

The reason for Christmas - no one could say.

The children were told by their schools not to sing

About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.

It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say

December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.

Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit

Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!

CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-Pod

Something was changing, something quite odd!

Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa

In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.

As Targets were hanging their trees upside down

At Lowe's the word Christmas - was nowhere to be found.

At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears

You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.

Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty

Are words that were used to intimidate me.

Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen

On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !

At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter

To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.

And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith

Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace

The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded

The reason for the season, stopped before it started.

So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'

Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.

Choose your words carefully, choose what you say

Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,

not Happy Holiday !

This year will be my 63rd christmas, and I'm not changing a friggin thing, I hope you  don't... ;)

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline weasel

Re: The Month before Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:54:40 pm »

Merry Christmas  JAN !

This is my  57Th    and I still   believe in the  Spirit of Christmas  :)

Our Christmas tree  will be a Dogwood this year !   

(((( HUGS ))))

Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:33:42 pm »

Our Christmas tree  will be a Dogwood this year !   

I'm gonna need to see pictures of that!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »
MERRY CHRISTMAS Jan!

Last year when alot of merchants went all PC on us and started saying "Happy Holidays" I always would give them a robust MERRY CHRISTMAS in return  ;)

-Will (whose tree will be fake this year, but not his spirit)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 09:26:52 pm »
I love getting into the christmas spirit, decorations, the whole nine yards, but sadly a real tree isn't on the list and hasn't been for a number of years now..

Maybe next year.

Aroha
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 11:49:11 pm »
Okay, did this come from FOX News?  Bill O'reilly?  The Franken, Fonda, Clinton, and Kerry is a dead give away.  And, Daschle??  This must be about 5 years old.  With all the shoving, pushing, pepper-spraying, robbing folks leaving stores, and even a shooting, I think the Baby Jesus would prefer to not be associated with this holiday.  And, that's really what it is and has been--a holiday where people decorate their homes and spend too much money and then count up whether they got just as much in return. 

The War on Christmas is a way to divide people and say Dems want to trade Jesus out for Lady Gaga as the Savior.   ;) 

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 12:06:54 am »
A holiday is not measured by its name, rather it resides within your soul.  I don't need others to use the same term for whatever holiday, because I know my holidays by heart.  For me, Christmas has nothing to do with religion, instead I share the sentiments that make the holidays such a special time.  Sometimes it seems we are so busy complaining about how others see us, that we forget what is really important.

Joe

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 12:46:24 am »
A holiday is not measured by its name, rather it resides within your soul.  I don't need others to use the same term for whatever holiday, because I know my holidays by heart.  For me, Christmas has nothing to do with religion, instead I share the sentiments that make the holidays such a special time.  Sometimes it seems we are so busy complaining about how others see us, that we forget what is really important.

Joe

Joe that is beautiful! You are a wise and grounded man.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 05:49:05 am »
It was the month before Christmas

Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit

Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!

Aroha

WTF is wrong with people?  The world has gone freaken crazy....

Another Walmart episode:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/26/black-friday-pepper-spray-shopper-turns-self-in_n_1114486.html

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:42:22 am »
There was a time when Christmas was mainly a religious celebration -- society has moved away from that.  For some it is still predominately religious -- for many it's a little bit religious and a little bit secular.  For some (myself included) it is secular -- a time to be with loved ones.  I tried for years to keep a little religious tradition in it by going to midnight Mass -- although really for the music, so perhaps even that was mainly secular.  The last time I went, I walked out when the bishop started thanking Jesus for helping the good citizens of VA pass the marriage amendment to "save" traditional marriage.

Now for retailers -- OF COURSE they want to be inclusive of other holidays that fall around the same time -- they are there to make money, not save souls.  I see the loudly pious out there shopping too.

To each their own - if Christmas is about the birth of Jesus to you, please enjoy your holiday with gusto.  Display your nativities and say your prayers.  Please, however, respect the fact that others celebrate the entire holiday season in different ways.

I will never understand the argument that says being inclusive, somehow excludes someone. 

Mike

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 09:57:29 am »
MERRY CHRISTMAS Jan!

Last year when alot of merchants went all PC on us and started saying "Happy Holidays" I always would give them a robust MERRY CHRISTMAS in return  ;)

Phoeey -- we've been saying "Happy Holidays" for two decades up North. Why offend the Jews?

ps: I will go to church Christmas Eve -- I do this once a year. But at least it's a really quaint church, isn't it? Pre-dates the Revolutionary War. It's a small Episcopal Church and they love all the queers -- in fact, most of them know I'm one.

Plus I like to dress up.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:09:50 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 12:10:57 pm »
The festival we celebrate on Dec 25 is actually a pagan festival that was co-opted by the early Christian church to get the pagans onside. There is little evidence that this person called Jesus was actually born at this time of year.

Happy winter festival to all!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 12:58:40 pm »

ps: I will go to church Christmas Eve -- I do this once a year. But at least it's a really quaint church, isn't it? Pre-dates the Revolutionary War. It's a small Episcopal Church and they love all the queers -- in fact, most of them know I'm one.

Plus I like to dress up.

I'm a full fledged member here http://www.travispark.org/ (did the Walk to Emmaus and everything), They have an amazing Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, one of the best in San Antonio. Oh, when they turnout all the lights and we sing silent night with only candlelight I get goosebumps. The Sermon is amazing and uplifting as well. Whats funny is alot of prudish peoiple come for Xmas eve service and then have to sit next to our same sex couples holding hands or our homeless members, LOL! We love it.! Oh, this is also where my HIV support group meets  (which I ahvent been to in awhile)

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 01:06:39 pm »

ps: I will go to church Christmas Eve -- I do this once a year. But at least it's a really quaint church, isn't it? Pre-dates the Revolutionary War.

How does it pre-date the Revolutionary War when the page you directed us to says....

Welcome to Christ Episcopal Church in Lucketts, Virgnia. We worship together in an historic chapel built just after the Civil War about 5 miles north of Leesburg on Route 15.

Are you confuzzeled as to when the Civil War happened? I don't think they're talking about the English Civil War (1642–1651), do you? I guess you do.

I'm only pointing this out because everyone knows that the P in Miss P stands for pedantic and I just know you'd want to be set right. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bocker3

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 01:08:25 pm »
How does it pre-date the Revolutionary War when the page you directed us to says....

Welcome to Christ Episcopal Church in Lucketts, Virgnia. We worship together in an historic chapel built just after the Civil War about 5 miles north of Leesburg on Route 15.

Are you confuzzeled as to when the Civil War happened? I don't think they're talking about the English Civil War (1642–1651), do you? I guess you do.

I'm only pointing this out because everyone knows that the P in Miss P stands for pedantic and I just know you'd want to be set right. ;D

She didn't say who's Revolutionary War, now did she........    ;)

M

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 01:13:55 pm »

Bob & I are very Pagan always have been, were not very religious at all, and we also don't believe in the whole FAKE retail consumer thingy, it's just another day for us, we cook, but that's about it  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 01:54:59 pm »
She didn't say who's Revolutionary War, now did she........    ;)

M

Ya got me there, Mike. Maybe she speaks of the Sexual RevolutionTM8)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline NycJoe

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 06:59:24 pm »
It's been Merry Christmas for me for 44 years and I'm not about to change that.  I have Jewish friends that wish me Happy Hanukkah and never once have I ever been offended.  I send out Christmas cards,they send me Hanukkah cards.  It's all good. I won't water down the holiday I celebrate and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either for theirs.  So tell me Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah..whatever. .If someone gets offended by Merry Christmas I say get a life. 

Joe..who love Christmas and respects all salutations.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 09:02:17 am »
In the UK they say Happy Christmas. Best of both worlds I guess.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wolfter

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 10:15:56 am »
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas within your individual understandings of the holiday ;)

Even being an agnostic, I appreciate everyone's right to believe what they choose and expect the same in return.  I'm fortunate that my entire family doesn't play into the materialism aspect of the holiday.  We don't purchase gifts for each other just because it's a specific date in December.  We give gifts throughout the entire year.  I find it more rewarding to give the gift of time and also helping each other on different projects. 

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 11:24:59 am »
This just in...

The Items in "The 12 Days of Christmas" will set you back $100k.

But I wonder what 30 Lords a Leaping would cost ala carte? Cause that's really all I want.

http://news.yahoo.com/items-12-days-christmas-now-top-100k-050224346.html

-Will
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:26:36 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 12:09:12 pm »

That's the current structure -- the church, as in an ecclesial community, had an earlier building in 1773 before building the current one.

Learn to read, missy: http://christchurchlucketts.cfsites.org/custom.php?pageid=38248

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 12:10:43 pm »
MERRY CHRISTMAS Jan!

Last year when alot of merchants went all PC on us and started saying "Happy Holidays" I always would give them a robust MERRY CHRISTMAS in return  ;)

btw, you're SUCH a conservatard -- I bet you watch Fox Spews and their "War on Christmas" BS.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 12:16:12 pm »
I read on FB yesterday that evertime someone puts up a Christmas tree before thanksgiving an elf drowns a baby reindeer . I hope they make soup or that would just be a waste . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:15 pm »
I don't put up any decorations. Any cards I receive get put in a stack on my desk.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 12:30:25 pm »
I don't put up any decorations. Any cards I receive get put in a stack on my desk.

I make sure to go shopping in November and spend so much on myself that I have a legitimate excuse not to buy anyone else a Christmas present . I never put up decorations for any holidays .

I do send gifts for my five nieces .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 12:32:06 pm »
btw, you're SUCH a conservatard -- I bet you watch Fox Spews and their "War on Christmas" BS.

I vote the phrase "War on _____" be banned from the lexicon in 2012. So histrionic.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »
I make sure to go shopping in November and spend so much on myself that I have a legitimate excuse not to buy anyone else a Christmas present . I never put up decorations for any holidays .

I do send gifts for my five nieces .

I no longer buy my two nieces gifts -- nor do I give them gift cards. As of last year I have begun to give them crisp $50 bills, and they seem to like this a lot. One is 16 and the other is 19. I totally remember being that age and craving money at Christmas, plus it makes it SOOOOOO easy for me.

Not sure what I'll do for the rest of my family, what with my foot, plus I have to fly down to Raleigh on the 23rd and wrapped presents are a no-no. So I think I'll order everything on line and have it delivered to them in advance. Is it really lame to buy my older brother an expensive bottle of wine two years in a row?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 01:07:00 pm »
Is it really lame to buy my older brother an expensive bottle of wine two years in a row?

Not lame at all if that's what he enjoys . I love port wine and would look forward to a bottle every year if I were so lucky .

The problem I have with buying gifts for adults is we rarely really need anything we may get and that's a waste . I would prefer for someone to give to a child or donate to a charity before spending 10 dollars on a stupid chia pet or something just for the thought of it  .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, and happy holidays, whatever you call it, or however you choose to celebrate it!

Yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent.  My partner and I, along with another (straight) couple, do the decorations for our Church.   We put up our Advent wreath last Saturday, and I must say it looks quite beautiful. (Live greenery only, in our church; we used pine, monkey pine, cedar, and yopon).   Our full decorations do not go up until the 24th, for Eve of the Nativity Services.   We'll put out our newly refurbished 1940's nativity set, which my brother and I have been working on...and about 40 large and small poinsettias...a lovely site to see.   The music MAKES the holiday for me.

Love to all, and especially to you Jan !

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:51 pm »
.   We'll put out our newly refurbished 1940's nativity set, which my brother and I have been working on...and about 40 large and small poinsettias...a lovely site to see.   The music MAKES the holiday for me.

Would love to see that. Pics please!

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 03:13:52 pm »
10 dollars on a stupid chia pet

Is that all you folks get down there in that trailer park?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 03:17:00 pm »

I seriously had a Spongebob Chia Pet in my laundry room window for the longest time  :-* (at least it wasnt in the kitchen window).

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 03:50:27 pm »
That's the current structure -- the church, as in an ecclesial community, had an earlier building in 1773 before building the current one.

Learn to read, missy: http://christchurchlucketts.cfsites.org/custom.php?pageid=38248

Good lawd, Missy, you don't seriously think I spent any time poking around your church's website? I was risking enough just looking at the front page when I didn't have my hard-hat on. The front page said it was built after the Civil War. It never occurred to me that it may have been a lie, so I didn't dig for the troof.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 03:52:25 pm »
I only have one kitsch-y item in my entire apartment, and it's hidden on the side of my refrigerator:

Suddenly I'm tempted to get rid of it.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 03:53:26 pm »

Good lawd, Missy, you don't seriously think I spent any time poking around your church's website? I was risking enough just looking at the front page when I didn't have my hard-hat on. The front page said it was built after the Civil War. It never occurred to me that it may have been a lie, so I didn't dig for the troof.

Oh come off it woman -- you make accusations and now you're acting like we're playing dodge ball. Grow a pair, honey. I win, you lose. End of story.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 06:19:17 pm »

We are a little more frugal with our welfare checks than you Yankees .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline bocker3

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 10:05:35 pm »
Well, we are all decorated for the holidays here in Richmond.  Of course, I did none of it -- Sid had enough Christmas stuff to decorate 2 houses when we met.  He has since inherited all his mother's decorations and I've bought a few things over the years for him -- now he could decorate the entire cul-de-sac if he desired.  We have 3 trees, the fireplace is flaming in its Christmas finery and every available table has something on it.
He wants deer for the front yard, but I had to put my foot down there -- I told him he could have them with his next boyfriend -- in his trailer park.   ;D

So all you Grinches out there -- I hope your hearts grow 3 sizes some day.

Mike

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:35 pm »

Mike

So that's your holiday wish for us , an enlarged heart . I'm hurt .  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Basquo

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 10:49:58 pm »
I read on FB yesterday that evertime someone puts up a Christmas tree before thanksgiving an elf drowns a baby reindeer . I hope they make soup or that would just be a waste . 

That was LOL for me and Santi too when I read it to him!

Offline Basquo

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 10:55:59 pm »
I no longer buy my two nieces gifts -- nor do I give them gift cards. As of last year I have begun to give them crisp $50 bills, and they seem to like this a lot. One is 16 and the other is 19. I totally remember being that age and craving money at Christmas, plus it makes it SOOOOOO easy for me.

Not sure what I'll do for the rest of my family, what with my foot, plus I have to fly down to Raleigh on the 23rd and wrapped presents are a no-no. So I think I'll order everything on line and have it delivered to them in advance. Is it really lame to buy my older brother an expensive bottle of wine two years in a row?

Wow this is a lot like my situation now...nieces, foot, flying...I've tried to get my nieces different things over the years and cash just seems to work the best, except last year I gave them "any movie, any time" Cinemark cards and for the first time they seemed truly grateful. If Cinemark would make special-edition Twilight gift cards I might just be their favourite uncle again (not just their only uncle.)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 11:57:52 am »
Well, we are all decorated for the holidays here in Richmond.  Of course, I did none of it -- Sid had enough Christmas stuff to decorate 2 houses when we met.  He has since inherited all his mother's decorations and I've bought a few things over the years for him -- now he could decorate the entire cul-de-sac if he desired.  We have 3 trees, the fireplace is flaming in its Christmas finery and every available table has something on it.
He wants deer for the front yard, but I had to put my foot down there -- I told him he could have them with his next boyfriend -- in his trailer park.   ;D

Mike

Heaven help us all if Sid isn't the bottom.

ps: tomorrow I'll go see the Wanamaker/Macy's light show downtown -- it's my one holiday decoration indulgence each season. I'll take a video of it with my phone and post it.

http://www.wanamakerorgan.com/xmas.php
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:59:48 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:43 am »
In case ya'll didn't know, there is a war on Thanksgiving happening in this country.  The liberals are trying to take God out of Thanksgiving!!  FOX News went ape-shit, because President Obama didn't mention God in his Thanksgiving Youtube address.  They went in-depth on this very important story and did team coverage on this.  While the President mentioned God in his official Thanksgiving speech, that didn't matter to them.  Barack leaving out God may have led FOX viewers to believe he isn't a Christian.   

Jon Stewart reports:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-november-28-2011/much-ado-about-stuffing?xrs=share_copy 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:40 pm »
Since this is the Quasi-official Christmas Thread I thought I would share my fave Carol..

(Move along you atheists *and jews*, nothing to see here)

Little Drummer Boy, Vienna Boys Choir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAi-LLcNKbU&feature=related

Ok, I would be horribly remiss If I didn't post Carol of the Bells by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrW2Jm6JKXc

I'm getting in the mood!!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Growler

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 01:41:28 am »
I've never been the "Christmas type" but Sebastian is a big fan so I indulge him....

Yes, I've even ordered him a present.....
http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com.au/Product.php?productid=114

GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 09:22:23 pm »
I've never been the "Christmas type" but Sebastian is a big fan so I indulge him....

GROWLER

LOL! Yes, I can tell he is a big fan  ;D He is freakin' ADORABLE!

-Will
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:24:19 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 10:50:53 pm »

GROWLER

Sebastian sure has a pair of balls on him!!

M

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2011, 05:04:50 pm »
Lookie what I found at Little Ceasars Pizza today.. and I'm not referring to the "4 Piece Crazy Bread"

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 05:35:08 pm »
You ate at Little Caesar's the day after gorging at Five Guys?

Offline bocker3

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 06:53:38 pm »
You ate at Little Caesar's the day after gorging at Five Guys?

Wumpy is BUSTED.....................

She will NEVER be ready for bikini season at this rate

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.