Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:20:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773216
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 532
Total: 534

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: wish me luck..  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
wish me luck..
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:34 am »
Ach, on my way to the ER. I called to make an appointment because the side of my face has swollen up they said no appointment that I need to go in to the ER room right away.  So wish me luck that they just give me the antibotics and let me leave and not make me stay LOL. 
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline blackwingbear

• Hello, all you happy people....
    • THE DARK MIND OF BLACKWINGBEAR
Re: wish me luck..
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:38:43 pm »
Ach, on my way to the ER. I called to make an appointment because the side of my face has swollen up they said no appointment that I need to go in to the ER room right away.  So wish me luck that they just give me the antibotics and let me leave and not make me stay LOL. 

Best of luck - but in most ERs that is highly unlikely!
It's all a sham. Politics is a big game, same as the media - and same as religion. The point is to distract & control. If we're looking at what they tell us is the "big issue", we're not looking at what they are doing. In time, there will be different causes and different minorities to pick-on. All in the name of keeping the system going, and the people distracted.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:46:19 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about your problem.  Could this be some allergic reaction?  Hopefully that is all it is.  I wish you the best and let us know how it goes.  I'll be thinking about ya.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:58:09 pm »

Ouch!!  I hope you get relief soon and hopefully get home before morning.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 12:34:00 am »
So wish me luck that they just give me the antibotics and let me leave and not make me stay LOL. 
that's my prayer ever time I've gone to the ER - Please don't keep me!
So far I've been lucky half the time  ;D
but that means I've been unlucky the other half the time.  ::)

here's wishing you some luck so they don't make you a "prisoner"!! :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 09:23:17 pm »
Helllooo everyone they kept me about half the day didn't have to stay overnight. Can't really set up for very long though.  Kinda sick but its just an infection in my jaw.  Most of my time at the hospital was spent listening to the nurse take a trip down memory lane lol.  I'm setting there crying in pain, and she just keeps talking...and talking....

but, they loaded me up with penicillian and painkillers and sent me home.  it wasn't as bad as the advice nurse on the phone was making it out to be to me.  But, anywho thank you guys =) I need to go lay back down painkillers make me feel like crud but at least my jaw isn't hurting.
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline blackwingbear

• Hello, all you happy people....
    • THE DARK MIND OF BLACKWINGBEAR
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:15:40 pm »
Here's to quick healing!  :-*
It's all a sham. Politics is a big game, same as the media - and same as religion. The point is to distract & control. If we're looking at what they tell us is the "big issue", we're not looking at what they are doing. In time, there will be different causes and different minorities to pick-on. All in the name of keeping the system going, and the people distracted.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 11:44:27 pm »
Kinda sick but its just an infection in my jaw.
oh gosh! Glad you got that checked out and handled before it got any worse and made you worse.
they loaded me up with penicillian and painkillers
hope both meds work for you, and work quickly! :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 08:43:00 pm »
jaw is fine but haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for a couple days and several problems iwth depth perception should i go back?
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 04:45:04 pm »
  it wasn't as bad as the advice nurse on the phone was making it out to be to me.  

Any infection like that, especially in the face, does require immediate attention so she was correct in urging you to go to the ER. Without treatment it can potentially lead to sepsis or meningitis, both life threatening conditions.

Glad to hear you are better. As far as whether you should go back, this is difficult to answer on an online forum. Is the infection noticeably improving with the antibiotics? Has the swelling and pain subsided? I think that would be the best way to gauge whether you should go back or not. But it's hard to say. What kind of instructions did they give you when they released you?

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 07:54:40 pm »
Have you been able to talk to an HIV doc about this?  I would be curious to know whether they thought this is something you would have gotten whether you were negative.  Has anyone said exactly what it is?

I hope you're feeling better. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.