Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:09:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 308
Total: 309

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: One amazing pitbull.....  (Read 4283 times)

Offline skeebo1969

One amazing pitbull.....
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:04 pm »

Watch for the scene when the dog is in the pool next to the lady.  Looks like a little bodybuilder!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFx8XqDrm8c
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RapidRod

Re: One amazing pitbull.....
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:23:01 pm »
I know it wasn't the dog you were looking at.  :D

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:25:03 pm »
I know it wasn't the dog you were looking at.  :D

I was lookin at the bitch....  really!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 09:35:41 pm »
Did you notice she showed signs of having a litter?  ;)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 04:17:42 am »
Did you notice she showed signs of having a litter?  ;)

Showed signs?  Rodney, my boy, I'd say the basket full of younguns was a definite sign of having a litter...  I went back and looked for a C-section scar on the human in the pool and she didnt have one so I know you aint referring to her. :D

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 04:21:27 am »
majestic dog and I dont fear this one but generally there are a lot of jerks in my town with poorly trained attack dogs. The owners think its f*cking fierce and hilarious to make everyone around scared.  poor dogs when you consider how impressive they can be.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 04:48:58 am »

I agree Mecch some people here often get these dogs to display their own toughness, or I should say lack of it probably.  One of the things I think this video displays most about this breed is their gameness....  this dog is totally oblivious of any dog around him in the vid.... small or large..  all she wants to do is get to her playtoy (the tire).  It's that gameness/desire that people exploit to turn them into fighting dogs....

I always misunderstood the breed myself.  After getting mine...  all I can say is a properly trained pitbull is something to be in awe of while in love with at the same time.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:50:39 am »
This thread coincides with yet another tabloid journal story - here in switzerland there are a few every year -- of a toddler having his face bit off by a pitbull. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 01:25:28 pm »
Wow, she is amazingly strong for 44 lbs. I love how she climbs up the tree.

Offline dixieman

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 01:54:47 pm »
Girl attacked by pitbull
Posted: Dec 13, 2009 5:50 PM CST
Updated: Dec 13, 2009 8:28 PM CST
Video Gallery 
Toddler attacked by babysitter's pitbull
1:36 
 12 News AnywhereGet breaking news emailsBecome a fan on FacebookFollow us on TwitterGet alerts on your computer desktopGet WSFA.com on you cell phonePosted by: Mario Hendricks - bio | email

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A young toddler is recovering from an attack by a pitbull.

The girl's mother says her young 23 month old daughter was at the babysitters playing with a cat when a pitbull jumped them both. Young Aubrey Powell received the brunt of the damage

Tabitha Powell tells us the dog, also owned by the babysitter, bit the girl in the face. The wound required ten stitches and was an extremely close call for the toddler.

The girls mother says the babysitters, who are long time friends, have since given up the dog.

The girl is expected to be fine though her mom has been instructed to watch those bite wounds.

Keep in mind, we're told this was not an attack from a strange dog. The two had been around each other constantly.

But that's how it happens. The Montgomery Humane Society tells us 70 percent of dog bites come from a canine you're familiar with.

We'll talk with humane officers and learn more about the attack, and what precautions you should take to keep your children safe, later tonight on WSFA

©2009 WSFA. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

I keep a electric cow prode with me while walking my dog... I had to Taser a pit bull last year... I had the owner have him put to sleep... he raised his dog for fighting... you can tell when the animal has the ears cropped almost off...

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 07:12:56 pm »

Dixie,

I appreciate your concern, I really mean that.  The pit I have and the ones I admire are not like the dog in the article.  With that I respect your stance and to be quite honest can understand where you are coming from.  I have a mini dashy too and she is far more aggressive than the pit, of course her 13 lb frame won't be putting anyone to death, but she sure as hell kicks the pitbulls ass .

Here's a picture of the rabid beast trying to stalk my two year old:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:30:34 pm by skeebo1969 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 08:49:23 am »
I have to question the wisdom of allowing that dog to use a tire hanging from a tree as a plaything. What is going to happen when that dog comes across a tire swing being used by a little kid? ::)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline carousel

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 11:10:35 am »
These dogs eat children, don't they?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 04:21:08 pm »

Yes you are right, but only when they fit in the food bowl.... 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 04:36:58 pm »
I have to question the wisdom of allowing that dog to use a tire hanging from a tree as a plaything. What is going to happen when that dog comes across a tire swing being used by a little kid? ::)
by the looks of that dog it'll grab ahold and swing along with the kid  ;D I'd just suggest the kid pull up their legs so they don't get bit, and let the dog do the work for the swinging. LOL

But I do get your point Ann. ;) It's always killed me, having had a pet shop and all, is that people get all those squeak toys that look like shoes, newspapers, and household things. Talk about training your doggie for some bad habits. (No don't chew on THAT shoe; chew on the OTHER shoe) Too many people think their dogs (and kids too) are much smarter and more discerning than they really are. It's one thing to train your dog in your own backyard, it's another thing to take it around the neighborhood and parks lunging for just any old hanging tire. ::)

::) Last time I checked domesticated canines haven't eaten any humans in centuries.
Bit them maybe; but eaten them?!? ::) :D

but only when they fit in the food bowl.... 
ROFLMAO ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 06:52:36 pm »

I guess it would serve pretty much the same result with any child that grabs a dog's play thing.  Some dogs will bite while others will want the kid to throw it so they can fetch....  it really depends on  how well the dog was brought up and socialized.

Yesterday in the news there was a Rotweiler that killed a small child at a party.  The child dropped a cookie and the dog grabbed it in it's mouth.  The child tried to retreive it and was severely bitten in the face...  The owner had to know this particular dog was very territorial when it comes to food.... because they will display this behavior early on and unless it is broken it will be a problem.  Point is this dog should not have been attending a child's birthday party where I am sure all kinds of tasty treats are hitting the floor.

I wouldn't even put my dog in that situation and he let's misty, the dashy, take his food while he is eating it from the food bowl without a hint of aggression.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 07:53:59 pm »
to know this particular dog was very territorial when it comes to food.... because they will display this behavior early on and unless it is broken it will be a problem.
I would submit that this is just nature of the beast and there's usually no way to train it away.
dogs, like any other animal, are pretty territorial about food. It's a evolutionary response. Even I don't stick my hands down at my dogs' food bowls while they are eating. They love me to death and "know better"; but if it seems like I'm about to steal their food as they are eating, they've been known to growl and occassionaly a quick snap.

I used to live by a school and every time a passing child asked if my dogs would bite, I told them they truth - "maybe. if they feel scared or threatened, they just might".  No one can else claim that their dog won't bite, because biting and barking are what doggies do.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.