Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:02:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 311
Total: 311

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Switching from Atripla to Prezista/Norvir/Truvada  (Read 5264 times)

Offline GuyInLA

Switching from Atripla to Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
« on: May 16, 2009, 07:19:34 pm »
Started Atripla last weekend.  At first, it seemed perfect.  No side effects at all, except for some groggyness at work the next day, which went away after a few days.  Starting on the 5th day, severe depression and anxiety that only got worse.  I had thoughts going through my mind that I had never imagined before.  I'm still taking it over this weekend, trying to sleep as much as possible, then on Monday I'll be starting Prezista, Norvir, Truvada.  Anyone have any experience with this combo?
Infected - Early Dec 08
The "Flu" - 6 Jan 09
Diagnosed - 12 Mar 09
12 Mar 09 - VL 406,000   CD4 515 (no %)
31 Mar 09 - VL 322,520   CD4 605 (14.5%)
08 May 09 - Started Atripla
09 Jun 09  - VL 160  CD4 594 (27%)
10 Aug 09 - Switched to Prezista/Norvir/Truvada (Atripla drove me crazy)
1 Sept 09 - Undetectable
23 Dec 09 - Undetectable CD4 830 (36.1%)
17 Mar 10 - Undetectable CD4 1000+

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Switching from Atripla to Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 07:50:33 pm »
on Monday I'll be starting Prezista, Norvir, Truvada.  Anyone have any experience with this combo?

Yes, I've been on those medications now for three years (the Truvada even longer).  The only side effect I get is occasional flatulence from Truvada, but it's very minimal.  My lab results have been excellent.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline yesican

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:01:03 am »
Started Atripla last weekend.  At first, it seemed perfect.  No side effects at all, except for some groggyness at work the next day, which went away after a few days.  Starting on the 5th day, severe depression and anxiety that only got worse.  I had thoughts going through my mind that I had never imagined before.  I'm still taking it over this weekend, trying to sleep as much as possible, then on Monday I'll be starting Prezista, Norvir, Truvada.  Anyone have any experience with this combo?

Offline yesican

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 02:04:31 am »
I started taking the same regimine in jan. I have had no real side effects that are noticable. The first labs I got after starting these my cd4 was down a little but my percentage was higher and vl was almost undetectable after starting out at 14000. Dont go back to dr for more labs till alte june. . Not much help I know but wanted to let you know there are people taking what you are.

Offline nbalt2

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:22:12 pm »

I did the same switch 2 weeks ago.  The Atripla did not agree w me. I tried it longer than you did and I imagine that the dpressed feelings must have been very strong to have you switich.  The new combo has worked pretty well w me.  for me it's been important to find the right time to take it and the right food.  My most regular meal in Breakfast, but my prefered brkfast is a protien shake smoothie w fruit....I do not recommend it for the Pres/norv/Tru combo...I( switched breakfast to oatmeal).  Good luck...

Offline GuyInLA

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 08:32:52 pm »
Update...because the pharmacy did not have Prezista in stock, I was forced to stick it out over the weekend on Atripla.  It turned out to be a pretty good weekend, so I'm continuing with Atripla.  So far, no more depressive moods.  Keeping my fingers crossed...
Infected - Early Dec 08
The "Flu" - 6 Jan 09
Diagnosed - 12 Mar 09
12 Mar 09 - VL 406,000   CD4 515 (no %)
31 Mar 09 - VL 322,520   CD4 605 (14.5%)
08 May 09 - Started Atripla
09 Jun 09  - VL 160  CD4 594 (27%)
10 Aug 09 - Switched to Prezista/Norvir/Truvada (Atripla drove me crazy)
1 Sept 09 - Undetectable
23 Dec 09 - Undetectable CD4 830 (36.1%)
17 Mar 10 - Undetectable CD4 1000+

Offline yairsinho

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 11:25:29 am »
  I'm very happy for you! I been afraid to say to you before, that better try a bit longer, most of the side effects of the Sustiva or atripla are going after a few weeks!
If Atripla is the first med you take ever...it's the best!   Good luck! and keep us informed about your labs!!
poz since 2002 (acute HIV infection)
Sustiva+Zerit+Videx
CD4 450 VL<50
2003 no meds
2005 decided to go back to meds
Sustiva+Viread+Epivir (behavior troubles)2005
Lexivia+Viread+Epivir+Norvir
Kaletra+Viread+ Epivir
Norvir+Prezista+Truvada April 2009
CD4 750  VL<50
Isentress+Truvada
cd4 700  vl<40

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.