HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Should I get PEP? possibly exposed!! PLEASE HELP ANDY, ANN, ALL U GUYS!!

(1/2) > >>

looking_for_answers:
Hello and thanks for the help  :-\

About a year ago I moved to Europe from Colombia (my home country), being in Europe was very hard for me as a student so I felt very lonely and it impaired my judgement.....

Feeling very lonely I met a French guy and started dating him, we had sex several times always with condom, except twice towards the end of the relationship (two months lasted our relationship)
I was the top or the active.... the two times.

Thinking it was for real I never bothered but lately I've been scared especially because he told me he never tested for HIV in his whole life and he had anal sex unprotected twice, with me and with the first guy he slept with about ten years ago. (who knows if its true)

I never had any symptoms or anything and this was about 8 months ago

lately I met a peson who I really fell in love with, and I told him before we started to have sex about this incident.... he told me that he wanted us both to get tested before we would have unprotected sex so I did, I got tested two weeks ago but still no results yet.... (should I be scared for the lateness of the results?) maybe it was positive so they re-tested the blood they had again so it's taking longer than usual?

recently I went to the doctor and he told me that one of my 3 liver values was high, I got scared since I heard HIV makes ur liver values go up, however the doctor told me this liver value that was up was mostly becuase of dietary habits.

I didnt tell the doctor anything about my incident, he mentioned that if ur 3 liver values are up it means u have a virus in ur system, mine only one was up.

Is this any hope that my results will be negative?

anxiety is eating me alive.

I am uncut and I didnt have bruises or cuts or STD's when I had intercourse with him, neither he was very tight

I need some hope....

thanks

looking_for_answers:
another question.... are there any places in belgium or netherlands that offer apid testing?

two weeks plus is just too much!!!!!!!

Andy Velez:
Your new partner has exactly the right idea when he wants you both to get tested together so you will each accurately know your HIV status. Nothing in what you have mentioned such as with regard to your liver numbers should be interpreted as an indication of your status. Only an HIV test can give you that answer. For future reference keep in mind that although the risk less for the unprotected insertive partner, there is still risk and HIV is never something to play risky with. Both partners are at risk when having unprotected intercourse.

Also, assuming you both test negative, you two guys should only dispense with using condoms if you are committed to a securely monogamous relationship. Otherwise you should continue to use condoms for intercourse everytime for the insertive partner.

Check with any AIDS service organization in your area about finding where you might be able to get a Rapid test.

Good luck with your test and keep us posted.

looking_for_answers:
Andy would you think I have the odds on my side based on what I told you?

Also if the test is positive, does it take longer than usual for the results to come out? can they re-test the blood that they got from me in the first place to conforim any infection in case it was positive in the first try?

Andy Velez:
I'd say the odds are significantly in your favor that you will test negative. It doesn't take any longer for the test result if it's positive. Labs all just run on their own time and those who are waiting for results often mistakenly think if it takes longer it means the result is going to be positive. Not so.

If you test positive and I don't expect you to, a western blot would be performed to confirm that result. A negative on western blot trumps a positive on the Elisa. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version