Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:55:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 244
Total: 248

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: help  (Read 27613 times)

Offline RapidRod

Re: help
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 02:21:06 pm »
I'm a Paramedic have been since 1973, diagnosis with HIV in 1984, was a LTNP for 20 years 11 months. Developed AIDS classification in 2005.

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:13 pm »
whats a LTNP sorry for my ignorance

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 02:34:24 pm »
Long Term Non Progressor. CD4 stayed above 1400 and viral load stayed in the low hundreds or undetectable.

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 05:09:39 pm »
i dont understand how rapidrod said i wasnt at risk of any std if i believe there was rubbing of genitals

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2006, 05:32:30 pm »
Give it a break Lopez, if you want to test then test, collect your negative results and move on. 50+ posts is a plenty for a non risk situation.

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2006, 04:06:02 pm »
should i consider my herpes blood test after ten days after my exposure conclusive

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2006, 04:42:04 pm »
It usually takes any where from 2 day to  3 weeks. So it is up to you.

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2006, 04:46:03 pm »
rapidrod you told me that from what i said in my first post i couldnt of aquired any std is that correct i never had sex before

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2006, 05:10:50 pm »
I was just answering your question. I didn't say anything about your non risk situation. You said you took a test for herpes and wanted to know if it was conclusive. I just gave you the incubation period of gential herpes.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2006, 07:00:54 pm »
Miguel,

This is an hiv website. If you have specific questions about other sexually transmitted infections, information is only a Google click away.

It really is unlikely that you would have become infected with anything during the lapdance you describe. While it's normal to become somewhat apprehensive when first having sexual experiences, what you are putting yourself through is beyond the scope of this forum. You might want to seriously think about going over some of your sexual anxieties with a qualified counselor before it takes over your life. Sex is a normal part of the human experience and as long as you use condoms when you (eventually) have intercourse, you will most likely remain infection free. It really is that simple.

If you've read through the Welcome thread like I asked you to do in my first reply to you, then you'll know that we give time outs to people who continually post about a no risk incident, such as yours. Please consider yourself warned. You did not have a risk of hiv infection and there is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2006, 02:02:44 pm »
ann im going to take a 8 weet past exposure test if i get a negative result im going to move on. i wanted to ask if test at home urine test is reliable

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 02:50:10 pm by miguel lopez »

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2006, 02:50:27 pm »
help me out on this one and i wont post anymore

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2006, 02:54:48 pm »
miguel,

There is no approved "at home urine test" for hiv available.

You didn't  have a risk and you do not need to test. One more post and I'll have to give you a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2006, 09:48:52 pm »
I JUST TESTED NEGATIVE AT 65 DAYS AFTER MY EXPOSURE WITH A FDA APPROVED HOME TESTING KIT HOW RELIABLE IS THIS

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2006, 06:56:26 am »
Miguel,

Considering you didn't have a risk to begin with, you can consider that test conclusive. You are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2006, 07:53:51 pm »
what difference is there with a home testing kit and a test from a clinic is there more false negatives in home testing

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2006, 08:32:30 pm »
Done at the correct time line there are not more false negatives. Why are you still letting yourself be bothered by a non risk situation?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2006, 10:29:38 pm »
Miguel,

I have just been looking over your posts and understand your concern. It sounds to me that you have done the STD tests and everything came back negative. As far as the pimples on your penis, your doctor gave you a course of action to take, so why not get that done so you won't have that worry nagging you.

Take the stripper situation as a lesson learned and maybe next time be better prepared. Which means, carry some condoms on you the next time you go to a strip club. I hope everything works out for you....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2006, 01:09:05 am »
so theres no false negatives if done at the correct time so my negative result could be a false negative because it wasnt done at the correct time

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2006, 05:48:46 am »
This is my last post I'll answer to you. You didn't need to test, you didn't have a risk. Now if you can't get that through your head then seek the help of a mental health professional.

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2006, 08:06:15 pm »
are home acces test reliable at 9 weeks
knowing that it uses 1st generation technology
also which is more common in aquiring from frottage herpes or hpv or mocussolum
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:44:01 pm by miguel lopez »

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2006, 11:49:12 pm »
this coming thursday is my 12 week mark im not sure if im going to test but if i decide to should i still retest with the home acces

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2006, 02:52:02 pm »
if i really had a risk what are the probabilities that me 9 week negative test changed

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2006, 03:51:22 pm »
Miguel,

You really didn't have a risk. Even if you had, your nine week test would be most unlikely to change.

If you insist on continuing to post over this no-risk event, I will have to give you a time out to encourage you to seek some counseling for your hiv fears. Please read through the Welcome Thread and take note of our forum posting guidelines. I won't warn you again.

You are hiv negative and there is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2006, 12:50:30 am »
sorry ann i just had to ask one last question i just found out about a site medhelp a doctor considers all 6 week tests final and conclusive is he crazy or what

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2006, 11:35:54 pm »
nobody has nothing to comment about dr. hhh saying that 6 weeks is 95-99%reliable is that true?

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2006, 08:25:13 pm »
I just wanted to add a comment in regards to the 6 week window period in Massachusetts. I spoke with the AIDS Action hotline on the phone and they stated that ANY standard antibody test is conclusive at 6 weeks including Home Access. As joeworried stated, the only thing that would make it take longer than 6 weeks is if your immune system is compromised in some way. The bottom line is that unless your immune system is compromised (you would know if it was), you can rely on a 6 week negative from Home Access. I hope this is reassuring. Stay safe!

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2006, 09:08:49 pm »
Sorry, this 75+ post over a nothing incident has to end....
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2006, 10:45:50 am »
ann one last question even if my penis bump is an std you sitll believe i didnt have an hiv risk

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2006, 12:25:12 pm »
Miguel,

I warned you on November 28th that you would be given a time out if you persisted in using this forum to wring your hands over this no risk lap-dance.

You have ignored everything we've said to you and posted four more times since your warning. I am now giving you a four week time out during which you will not be able to post. This is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help you need with your anxiety. We can do no more for you here.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out. If you do, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2007, 02:58:37 pm »
after i was banned from this forum i believed i was ne gative unltil these past few weeks my mind started playing games in my head so i decided to get tested again. i will get my results today and im very scared to hear a positive result. dr h in medhelp told me i didnt need testing just like this forum and also like my doctor but i want to settle this once in for all.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2007, 03:08:46 pm »
You have already tested negative once, been told by not one but TWO Doctors (not to mention the experts on this site) that you didnt need to get tested in the first place and you somehow think that another test will be the thing that helps put your mind at ease?

My suggestion is to talk to a mental help professional and really find out whats causing this anxiety.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2007, 03:12:27 pm »
i tested negative in my 9th week is this reliable enough

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2007, 03:33:06 pm »
Not that you are going to listen to me, but yes for YOUR incident it is.
RIDE!!!

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2007, 03:35:06 pm »
so i can expect a negative result today right
if i do im going to move on and continue with school and see if i can get get financial aid again because i had to quit

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2007, 03:42:06 pm »
Jeeez man.  How many different ways can I say it.

You are negative.  The result is accurate at the 9 week point for YOU because you didnt have a risk.  And yes you will get another negative as long as there were no other ACTUAL risks between then and now.

I suggest you seek a mental health professional to help you with your anxieties. 
RIDE!!!

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2007, 03:59:10 pm »
no i havent had any risk after that incident
this is stressing me even more i tought i was going to get my results today because it says on the box that you get results the next day and i sent my blood yesterday but they say they havent received them so this is stressing me allot

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2007, 04:03:44 pm »
i forgot to mention this but i talked to the stripper with the lady who i think i had a risk with and she told me that she didnt remember me but that she has never had sex with anyone in the strip club and if im infected with something it wasnt from her but i dont know why but i couldnt believe her

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2007, 04:47:24 pm »
Cause you dont believe ANYONE?
RIDE!!!

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2007, 04:54:30 pm »
but what if i penetrated her

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2007, 05:02:30 pm »
Ann already addressed this.  You didnt and she wouldnt have let you and your shirt was covering it up.

You are getting close to a permanent ban on this site I feel.  You have tested NEGATIVE, you have been told by 2 doctors it wasnt an issue and all the experts on this site.  What part of that dont you get?
RIDE!!!

Offline miguel lopez

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2007, 08:39:57 pm »
i just received my 19th past exposure hiv test and it was negative

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.