Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:42:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: who Am I?  (Read 7008 times)

Offline poobear

who Am I?
« on: September 07, 2006, 12:56:13 am »
Hi everyone,

I have been reading and responding to mesages for about 2 weeks?  I would like to formerly introduce myself to the family.  First I would like to say that I am very impressed at how people really care for each other here and would like to be a part of that.

I was First diagnose in July 1994.  I was 20 years old.  Like all it has been a difficult road.  When I first told my family, I was approached by my brother and sister-in law and was told that they did not want me kissing the baby, my niece.  That was devastating to me. Also my Dad did not want me to use the same towels or wash cloth that he uses (even if it was washed).  I look back now and see it was all due to ignorance.  As of now I kiss and hug everyone in the family because they are all more educated, I made sure of that

I found out I was positive within a couple months of being infected.  I remember having the flu or so I thought it was the flu.  Also in my first few years of being diagnosed I went to several high schools and spoke about HIV.  That helped me at the time.  I do not do that anymore. 

My numbers are very good vl-undetectable cd4-717 %42 done 7/06.  I have been dealing with chronic daily headaches the past two years and fighting with social security and private LTD. 

I am in a relationship with a beautiful woman who loves me for who I am.  She has stood by me thru the thick and the thin.  I feel so blessed to have her in my life.  We celebrated 10 years in February.  I also have my four legged canine  little girl Sadie.  We have had her for about 2 years and she gives me motivation.  Well I am not sure what else to say at this time but I hope to get to know you guys.

PS along the way reading I wish a quick recovery for bluelove and also I wish the best to Matty the demand (who seems quite harsh at times but also seems to have a lot of love to give)  guess I will need to stick around.  I send my best to everybody. 

Rachel 

Offline poobear

Re: who Am I?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 01:01:52 am »
I am sorry I also wanted to let you know what cocktail I am on.  Ziagen, Norvir, Reytaz, didanosine

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:06:16 am »
Rachel welcome to the forums..  As you have read its nothing but fun and giggles here!!! 

Welcome!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 01:32:21 am »
Hello Rachel, it is Eldon.

Welcome to the forums where you will find unconditional love, encouragement, understanding, communication, support, fun, and many answers to your questions relating to HIV/AIDS. As you see, we have a great group of individuals here and there is a lot of information on this site.

Feel free to browse through the topics and or post your own topic to vent or to get some good advice that is given here.

Again, Welcome and Have the BEST Day!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 01:35:12 am »
A very warm welcome to you Rachel. Nice to hear you educated your relatives and you got over the devastation. People just don't know y'know? Glad to hear you're undetectable witha nice CD4 level and a trueblue friend to help you weather the storms. Looking forward to reading your stories and keep up the good work with your cocktail
~~Alex

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 02:14:20 am »
Welcome Rachel!

:-*

MtD
(Who is filled with the goodwill of codeine) ;D

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:50:08 am »
hello to you rachel, your other half, and sadie, welcome  :)

Kate

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 06:30:32 am »
Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the forums.  I have felt nothing but comfort and welcome since joining.  I see a lot of support for everyone here, through all their good and bad times.

Watch out for Eric though, he might just steal your heart!!

Be well, and glad to hear you are doing so great!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 06:53:44 am »
Hi Rachel

A warm welcome from a not so warm NZ...but spring is on it's way.

You will find this to be a very informative, supporting and loving group, I have been here for 3.5 years now, and it's thanks to the support I have been given over the years, and because of all the friends I have made here.

I hope to hear more from you.

Take care
Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 08:38:40 am »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:10:52 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 08:40:20 am »
Hi Rachel...welcome to the family!! Nice to have you here...and you can kiss me any old time!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 08:42:58 am »
Jeromy lisped:

and you can kiss me any old time!!

You shameless whore!

MtD ;D

Offline Teresa

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 08:45:48 am »
Hello Rachel, 

WELCOME to the forums. Glad you found us.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 12:04:14 pm »
Hello Rachel and welcome to the family. We are a pretty mixed up group of people but we love each other like family. If you need anything just ask if one of us doesn't know the answer someone will. Glad that your counts are so good. Hope to get to know you more.

Love Wendy

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 12:11:58 pm »
WELCOME HOME!!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 02:43:35 pm »
Welcome to the forums Rachel!  ;)
Hugs and kisses.
Juan
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline poobear

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 11:08:09 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  Hope to get to know you all better.   Rachel ::)

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 11:15:40 pm »
Hello Rachel,

I am happy you found your way here.  WELCOME!!!

With caring,
Drew

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 04:48:06 am »
Hello Rachel.........Welcome to the  family.  I see you are no stranger to HIV and its impact is no
stranger to you.  Hence the wonderful family rules you've known....don't kiss the baby and don't use what I use.
Both insulting and painful, people often don't realize the "sorrow" they inflict upon us whether out of ignorance
or just cruelty.  Having a partner to share life's challenging road can often make the difference between being happy and unhappy.  Thank you for becoming part of our family and for reminding us how fortunate we are to have
each other.

{{{ Big Hug }}}}}
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline bear60

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 08:30:10 am »
Hi there!
Its your uncle...."THE Grizzley BEAR" HA HA.  Just wanted to say HI.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 09:00:14 am »
Hi Poo.

Welcome to this madhouse.

Well, I see you got Matty pegged, however, please don't let appearances fool you, he is one of our cherished pets here, and we love him dearly.

I am so sorry you guys, but this Timmy cried when he read this post.  So many women here now, and when I joined three years ago, there were so few.  I am so sorry that we have to deal with this bug and now so many women are having to face the cruel reality of the anbsence of our own government to make a difference that is tangible.

Sorry, Poo, people here know I am one driven activist and many of my posts are seen through those glasses; and when it happens, my fingers just start typing and out comes all this political shit.  Anyway, this is from my heart, and I really mean what I say.

I am sad that you had to join an HIV site, sad that you had to deal with ignorance so close to home, (many of us have) and sad that we cannot seem to wake up our country to prevent the spread of this disease.  All that being said, I am glad that you found the most incredible HIV/AIDS site on the planet and that you allowed us to share in your life with HIV.

In Love and Support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 11:02:15 am »
Howdy Rachel,

Welcome to our eclectic bunch of loved ones.  ;D

As Tim said, so many women now are "coming out."

Glad you found us and very happy you have become a part of the family.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.