Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:34:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 209
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Unprotected Oral  (Read 12548 times)

Offline joshw59

Unprotected Oral
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:00:10 pm »
I recently gave a dude a blow job who says he is HIV negative.  I guess after the act was done, it scared me to think of the possibility of him being positive but not aware of it.  Nevertheless, while giving him the blow job I tasted a little precum on the tip of his penis when I first began.  I generated plenty of saliva and sort of wiped it down his shaft with my tongue.  I never tasted any precum after that but who knows if any more was present.  I continued to generate plenty of saliva during the blow job and usually kept my tongue close to his penis opening to keep precum, if any, from being deposited in various parts of my mouth.  (Whose to say how accurately I did it, but I tried.)  Do you think  my precautions lowered my risks of HIV infection if he was positive.  Do you feel a test is necessary?  I  understand that only HIV testing can definitely determine infection.  He and I did not do any anal penetration at all.  What do you guys think?  I appreciate your care, concern and love you are showing to those of us who are scared.  Thanks again.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Unprotected Oral
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:05:12 pm »
I don't see any need to worry about HIV infection from this encounter.

Having said that all sexually active adults should have a full STD screen at least once a year. Twice is better. There are other STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea which are more prevalent and transmissible than HIV. A full screen will include but is not limited to an HIV antibody test.

If it's been a while since your last full screen or if you've not had one before you might consider making an appointment with your doctor or at your local clinic.

Please note that I am not suggesting you test for HIV over this specific incident, I'm saying that regular sexual health screening is a good habit to get into.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline joshw59

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 12:05:24 am »
Thanks, Matt, you don't know how much this means to me that you have responded to my concern personally and promptly.  I do feel so much better.  Thanks again.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:11:03 am »
I'm glad I've been able to help Josh.

Take care,

MtD

Offline joshw59

Condoms & Vaseline
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:43:48 am »
Hi. A dude and I were jacking off together using vaseline as a lubricant.   Things got intense so we decided to have anal intercourse.  I penetrated him.  We used additional lubrication; it looked like KY but not sure.  My question is since my dick already had vaseline on it then I placed the condom on it; could the vaseline have weakened the effectiveness of the condom and caused an increase risk of hiv infectioni if he was positive?  I didn't notice anything peculiar about the condom after he took it off me.

Later he pulled the rubber off my dick and we just played around.  While I was standing behind him, on two separate incidences, he was in doggystyle position, he put my dick I thought on his anus and pushed back on me. Both times as soon as I noticed it, I moved my dick away from it.  It gave the same sensation, I thought, as me being inside him but I've never penetrated a dude before this without a condom.  I asked him about that and he said he only put my dick between his legs and it gives a good feeling but he did not put me inside him.  If he did put me insiide him, both times, it had to be less than three seconds each because I pulled back as I felt it.

Does any of this sound like an increased risk of hiv transmission?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:54:27 am »
Had the condom failed you would have known. No failure no risk. At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV.

Offline joshw59

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 12:28:00 pm »
If only you knew what relief this brings to my mind!  I was scared about the vaseline/condom contact interaction and what the guy did.

Offline joshw59

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 11:50:55 pm »
I've read that some condoms are not very reliable.  How easy is it for people to get those condoms as most people just go and pick up a pack of condoms and feel safe as they use them for intercourse.  That would increase the risk of someone contracting HIV with the wrong type of condom, wouldn't it?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 03:58:41 am »
I take it that you aren't blind and you can read, correct? Then read the damn box before you buy your condoms. Geesh.  Latex or Polyurethane......

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 06:54:47 am »
Josh,

The most reliable condoms are latex ones and polyurethane ones. These are also the ones most commonly available for purchase.

Sheepskin condoms are probably what you're talking about, but one, they're not commonly available; two, they're very expensive when you do find them; and three, they look and feel very different to either latex or polyurethane.

Polyurethane condoms are also more expensive than latex. You can be pretty sure most people who might not pay attention to the small print DO pay attention to the price - and end up with latex.

Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline joshw59

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 01:54:52 am »
Thanks, Ann.  That was what I was referring to.  The guy that had sex with me told me he had a condom and I used it.  Later, I realized that there are different types of condoms and it scared me.  Generally speaking, one hears that you are to use a condom and you'll be ok.  I would assume that because of risks with lambskin condoms, you would think that they might not be on the shelves because people who buy condoms buy them for their protection especially man to man.  Thanks for your response.  But, answer this for me, if the condom was lambskin, would there have to be visible blood you think for the insertive partner to contract hiv?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 04:25:59 am »
No there would not have to be blood.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 06:25:58 am »
Josh,

I guarantee if this guy handed you a lambskin condom, you would have said - "Eeew, this condom feels really weird and looks funny too. What's the deal?" They look and feel totally different to latex or polyurethane, as I told you.

After all, they're made from SHEEP'S INTESTINES. Ya know? Totally different to a man-made material. TOTALLY. Think sausage casings - most quality sausages use animal intestines for the casing. They're nothing like the look or feel of a condom. (and sorry if I ruined eating sausages for you, but you wanted to be convinced...)

If using a condom someone else provides causes you so much anxiety, I suggest you get into the habit of buying and using your own condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline joshw59

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 12:04:46 am »
Thanks, I just didn't know what the deal was about lambskin condoms.  I didn't notice anything peculiar at all about it as I pressed against the tip end to keep air from being trapped in it and rolled it on.  I noticed after intercourse (while I stilll had it on) it seemed like the reservoir was a little longer than usual but I figured it was because it was in use in anal intercourse which was much tighter than vaginal intercourse but seemed to be in tact.  That would be the only peculiar thing I noticed; if that's peculiar.  That doesn't sound like what you were talking about, Ann, does it?

It just brought anxiety when I heard that they were not all the same.  But, thanks for your time and efforts to make us all be relieved due to some fear that we may have brought upon ourselves in some way.  I am thankful for you guys taking the time to do what you do for so many people whom you do not know!  I applaud each of you!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 04:06:11 am »
Josh,

No, that doesn't sound anything like a lambskin. It sounds like a normal, latex condom. Some brands have a slightly bigger reservoir end to accommodate heavy cummers.

Lambskin condoms are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than latex or polyurethane. There's  NO WAY this guy uses lambskin condoms.

Now go read the condom and lube links in my signature line, buy a supply of your own condoms and lube, and get on with your life. Keep posting about this lambskin worry and you'll be given a time out. OK?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline joshw59

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 03:11:27 am »
I heard that poor oral care can increase the risk of HIV infection during receptive oral sex on a male.
1)  For clarification, what does poor oral care really mean? 
2)  Does that include cavities? 
3)  Even with several cavities, does that "increased" risk involve ejaculation?
Please specifically explain.

Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 03:51:33 am »
Josh,

Having cavities is not going to make one bit of difference where oral hiv transmission is concerned. We're talking about having infected gums or ulcers. I've attached an example of poor oral health.

Ann

[attachment deleted by admin]

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline joshw59

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 09:51:23 pm »
Oh Man.. I've never seen anything like it in real life!  I get the picture.  I was worried about what constitutes poor oral health but the picture made it perfectly clear.  Not the least bit worried at all now.  Thanks!  You've helped me a lot!!!!

Offline joshw59

Condom More Than Halfway
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 08:23:33 pm »
I just had insertive anal intercourse with a dude.  I had a condom on the entire time.  The condom was not pulled all the way down to my pubes but close to it.  Did this put me at risk for HIV?  How far does a condom have to be on someone dick to be effective?  It did not come off or break or anything  like that.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Condom More Than Halfway
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 09:03:17 pm »
 Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

 If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name.

Offline joshw59

Re: Condom More Than Halfway
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 09:16:02 pm »
I do apologize for starting a new thread.  Here is what I posted earlier:  I just had insertive anal intercourse with a dude.  I had a condom on the entire time.  The condom was not pulled all the way down to my pubes but close to it.  Did this put me at risk for HIV?  How far does a condom have to be on someone dick to be effective?  It did not come off or break or anything  like that. 

Offline joshw59

Condom half way
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 09:21:43 pm »
This is what I posted earlier.  I apologize for starting a new thread and I may have re-submitted my question in the same thread even though I clicked on Show Own Post.  I started to use this thread initially but I got a message in read that said, "Warning:  This topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days..."  That's why I started a new one.  I apologize because I do want to stay within your guidelines.  If I missed it again, here is my concern:

I just had insertive anal intercourse with a dude.  I had a condom on the entire time.  The condom was not pulled all the way down to my pubes but close to it.  Did this put me at risk for HIV?  How far does a condom have to be on someone dick to be effective?  It did not come off or break or anything  like that.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 10:19:54 pm »
As long as the head of your penis was protected you were never at risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 10:36:16 pm »
I've merged your threads here. Please use only this thread for anything you want to say.

You were not at risk during this latest incident. The key thing as Rod has point out is that the head of your penis was covered. That's what counts. You were well protected. Keep using those condoms everytime you have anal (or vaginal) intercourse and you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV.   
Andy Velez

Offline joshw59

Deep Tongue Kissing, Rimming, Sucked My Dick
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 01:32:57 pm »
I deep french-kissed a dude who is HIV +.  I don't think I tasted any blood in his mouth but something did taste a little like it, I guess.  It could be my own paranoia about someone bleeding while kissing.  He also sucked my dick and he rimmed me for a good while.  Are any of these risky behavior as far as HIV is concerned?  Thanks.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 02:21:07 pm »
I deep french-kissed a dude who is HIV +.  I don't think I tasted any blood in his mouth but something did taste a little like it, I guess.  It could be my own paranoia about someone bleeding while kissing.  He also sucked my dick and he rimmed me for a good while.  Are any of these risky behavior as far as HIV is concerned?  Thanks.

No risk for HIV through deep kissing.

Use a condom for penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex to protect against HIV. It really is that simple.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline joshw59

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:58 pm »
Ok, thanks.  He jacked off and his semen flew everywhere.  Some landed on the shaft of my dick; I tried to move the head of my dick so no semen would land directly on the opening.  I hope I was successful.  I didn't see any semen on it. 

(1)  If he had ejaculated directly on the opening of my dick, could I have contracted the HIV? 
(2)  Or what if the opening of our dicks were touching and his semen came out of him onto the opening of my dick? 
(3)  How would you assess my situation about what actually happened and how would you answer my these questions?

He and I are becoming very close and I want to know your assessments.  Thanks again.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »
Ok, thanks.  He jacked off and his semen flew everywhere.  Some landed on the shaft of my dick; I tried to move the head of my dick so no semen would land directly on the opening.  I hope I was successful.  I didn't see any semen on it. 

(1)  If he had ejaculated directly on the opening of my dick, could I have contracted the HIV? 
(2)  Or what if the opening of our dicks were touching and his semen came out of him onto the opening of my dick? 
(3)  How would you assess my situation about what actually happened and how would you answer my these questions?

He and I are becoming very close and I want to know your assessments.  Thanks again.

This is getting a bit much Josh.

Now pay attention. I won't repeat this.

HIV is a fragile virus, it is transmitted in very particular ways. Those ways are:

Unprotected vaginal and anal sex;
Sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes;
In some cases from HIV positive mother to her unborn or nursing infant.

If what you're worried about isn't on that list, it's not a risk for HIV transmission. Ya dig?

You need to stop with the "what ifs". That sort of stuff will not be tolerated around here. Check out our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.