Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 296
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Jane Seymour's Open Hearts Collection  (Read 6413 times)

Offline emeraldize

Jane Seymour's Open Hearts Collection
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:53:33 am »
I saw another Kay Jewelers ad this morning for those Open Heart necklaces. And for the hundredth time found myself wondering if I'm alone in thinking they are foul.

So I went hunting for allies. Took seconds.  Ah I love such mining when it turns up a laugh. Great way to start the day laughing aloud.

Enjoy. Hopefully. If you own one, or bought one for someone special, please don't read this as it will make you cry.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/protip-the-open-heart-collection-from-kay-jewlers.452872653/

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Jane Seymour's Open Hearts Collection
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:00:31 am »

I will now think of this every time I see one.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:02:14 am »
looks like two sets of boobs, balls, or buttocks.  Guess i have a filthy mind.  :-X

On the other hand, its the gesture and the meaning that counts.

saw a young dude walking down the street last night at 2 am carrying a rose, figured he was heading to see his sweetie. She'll be happy, I thought. Then I thought, i know where he got it, he ripped it off some miracle rose bushes down the street which reliably produce winter roses, pink and yellow, gorgeous.  then i thought, whats he doing alone at 2 am and is this rose a cover up... etc etc. 

sometimes its just better to focus on the best intentions....  (of diamond covered outlines of two sets of balls.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:04:26 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:27:17 pm »

I will now think of this every time I see one.

I liked this and the commentary. They must be sellin' 'em cuz they're advertising like crazy.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »
looks like two sets of boobs, balls, or buttocks.  Guess i have a filthy mind.  :-X

On the other hand, its the gesture and the meaning that counts.

Interesting assessment for shizzle  !

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:14:21 am »
I finally saw the advert for this.  She makes an earnest sales pitch.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Habersham

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 08:33:09 am »
Do gay folks shop at Kay's?
Because I Can

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 08:38:51 am »
Do gay folks shop at Kay's?

Clutch the pearls!  I await words from our resident professional homosexuals like Miss P to tell us where the modern 21st century gays should be shopping for jewelry.  But I'm sure it's not Kay.  Do modern gays even own jewelry?

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline darryaz

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 08:45:45 am »
I worked in a small family-owned jewelry store in college.  Fortunately, for most of my major jewelry purchases I've been able to work out a deal with my former employer.

You wouldn't believe the retail markup on jewelry.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 08:59:30 am »
You wouldn't believe the retail markup on jewelry.

Why don't you tell us what the markup is, instead of keeping us in suspense?

Many years ago, I had a sister who worked in HR for a retail Jewelry chain in New Jersey (Littman).  I believe she said the retail markup was something like 300 - 400 %?  Does that sound about right?

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline wolfter

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 09:04:28 am »
I get my gems the old fashion way.....Well, I used to.  :) 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 09:05:54 am »
Clutch the pearls!  I await words from our resident professional homosexuals like Miss P to tell us where the modern 21st century gays should be shopping for jewelry.  But I'm sure it's not Kay.  Do modern gays even own jewelry?
In the late 80's, a bf gave me a very fancy watch from the early 50s.  I think fancy watches are sort of like jewellery for men.

Many guys in Switzerland, straight or gay, are still into fancy watches.    Don't know about the young ones in other countries. Maybe depends what profession you are in.  Guys in banking tend to want fancy watches...

I teach college age and don't see guys wearing much jewellery these past few years.  A ring here or here.  Earrings.  Pretty rarely, a cross.  5 years ago guys were wearing more rings and bracelets. 

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Habersham

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 09:22:16 am »
A 300 to 400% markup is about right. A good way to "ballpark' this amount is to calculate the price you would receive if selling it only for it's "weight" in gold. Certain things like expensive watches and things from places like Cartier and Tiffany are worth more because of the artistry. Not from Kays though.

Jewelry should be as simple as possible and the best you can afford. Caveat.

An expensive watch IS jewelry. Everyone carries their phone anymore so less wear watches.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when someone appears at the pawn shop with their "Open Hearts" pendant.
Because I Can

Offline darryaz

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:32 am »
Why don't you tell us what the markup is, instead of keeping us in suspense?

The store where I worked it was 1000%, or sometimes more (not quite as much on watches - they were closer to the 300-400 percent range).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:31:28 am by darryaz »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.