Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:22:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 281
Total: 281

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: One A Penny, Two A Penny........Happy Easter!  (Read 5234 times)

Offline Growler

One A Penny, Two A Penny........Happy Easter!
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »
Yes this morning I sat down to a plate of that traditional Easter favorite, Hot cross buns smothered in butter.

They've been available in Australian supermarkets since Jan 4th and rest assured the micks have been in an uproar ever since, demanding that the cross be removed.
http://tiny.cc/w5qg7

But I say a Hot Cross Bun without the cross would be like the Pope without his Nazi Youth Uniform beneath his dress.....it just wouldn't be kosher!

Now I'm waiting in anticipation for the Easter eggs to hit the shelves ;D.

GROWLER

“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline buginme2

Re: One A Penny, Two A Penny........Happy Easter!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:57:57 pm »
Are these common in the states?  Or was I just raised by heathens?

I had to google them, they look delicious!
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Growler

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:51:16 am »
A little background  for those of you not familiar with the Hot Cross Bun. Originating in England it is a sweet glazed spiced bun with currants in the dough. On top the bun is marked with a white dough cross signifying christ.  It's traditionally eaten at Easter, specificly on Good Friday.

Until it's introduction into Australia in the 1970's the hot cross bun did not feature currants in the recipe.
Originally bakeries in Australia followed the traditional English method of baking, leaving the bun dough to rise overnight.  Unfortunately food hygenine standards were poor at the time and often flies would land on the dough, become trapped in the mixture and end up baked into the final product. When food handling practices were overhauled in the early 80s the problem of flies in hot cross buns disappeared, but so did  Australia's appetite for this Easter treat. Bakers soon realised that the public actually missed the extra bits in their buns and so raisins were added to the recipe as a substitute and once again sales of Hot Cross Buns soared. 

To this day, if you search hard enough, you can still find bakeries that continue to make Hot Cross Buns  in the "traditional Australian way."

GROWLER

“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 03:01:47 am »
They're really delicious.

I also love cornish pasties. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 05:56:26 am »

I also love cornish pasties. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty

I quite prefer candy nipple pasties.

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:50:37 am »
There's a Hot Cross Bun Nursery Rhyme we used to sing as chilrens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNh1kTnsMcc&feature=related (I'm sorry that the buns look like tits).

We also sang this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oz9ZJoKuLk&feature=related
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:49:41 am »
I quite prefer candy nipple pasties.

That guy really needs to lose some weight.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 11:03:31 am »
That guy really needs to lose some weight.

SHE's pretty fit IMHO.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 01:43:49 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 02:37:03 pm »
LoL

You may laugh, but it took me quite a while to find a suitable photo to illustrate my favourite type of pasties. Most of the photos involved breast implants, which I absolutely do not like (or no breasts at all; BOO-HISS). Implants look far too fake for my liking and they feel strange too.

The woman with the candy pasties looks fit and natural. I bet she feels nice as well. You know what they say about "more than a mouthful handful!"

hehehehe..... GROWLER.... bet you never expected any of this in your thread!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Growler

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 03:25:33 pm »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 05:59:06 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline buginme2

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 08:05:41 pm »
W.O.W
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:41 am »
Little Britain!

I'm the only gay in the village. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrlzaBNgz-M
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 08:18:29 pm »
For Ann ;)...

(skip to 1:00 for the good stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpDgRzzTE-I&feature=related
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.