Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:01:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 357
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I'm so scared!!! Please answer my last post.  (Read 17511 times)

Offline sikoro

I'm so scared!!! Please answer my last post.
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:14:05 am »
Hallo Everyone!
Please help me!
5 days after the contact I got higher body temperature 37,5 C degrees and I was behaving like complete psycho. I swatted a lot during the nights - about 9 times. It lasted for 6 weeks. Now I feel exhausted and afraid, I Sweet a lot even after a little job I take.
I already did 5 tests (all negative).
1. Test HIV ECLIA, Modular E170 , Roche - twice 15Th day after the contact and 20Th day after.
2. ELISA AG, AB - 27 day after the contact.
3. ELISA AG, AB - 42 day after the contact
4. ELISA AG, AB - 45 day after the contact

Should I still be afraid. Please answer me - I'm getting mad!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Help me, please!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 09:47:48 am by sikoro »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I'm so much affraid!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:24 am »
It's not clear what you mean by "contact." What kind of sexual activity are you referring to?

What I can tell you is that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms will ever tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. And there certainly isn't anything in what you telling us about your symptoms which suggests HIV infection to me. The symptoms which may show up after infection do not go on for weeks and weeks. They last perhaps for a week or two and what you have described does not fit the bill for what they are like.

Your negative test results are more than a little encouraging. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a genuinely risky incident. So your negative results imply you will continue to test negative.

If your symptoms are still going on you should be discussing them with your doctor.

Please clarify what the nature of your "risk" was.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:26:51 am »
 sikoro,

There is no need to include your email address in your post. We answer questions here and not by private email.

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. The only way of knowing your hiv status is by testing.

What has happened to make you worry that you have become infected with hiv? We offer risk assessment in this forum - we don't discuss symptoms.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks. Your 45 day test is just over six weeks and it is unlikely to change. You may not even need to test again - depending on your risk. Please tell us what happened.

Please read through the Welcome thread at the top of this forum.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sikoro

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:34:15 am »
Risk Contact:  Sex with prostitute (in a night club - this is what we call them in Poland). I was completely drunk and lost erection and condom inside her. And 5 days after it started this fucking higher body temperature, alienation, lack of concentration and night swept! Exactely 6 weeks after the contact my body temp. started to be normal. Some of my friends say that from such a big stress you can get higher. body temp. But for 6 weeks???? For me it seems too enormous coincident!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:37:06 am »
Symptoms for HIV infections do not come on as early as you have stated. Did your condom come off on withdraw of your penis or did it come off during sex?

Offline yugo

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 11:37:46 am »
I can see you are getting yourself into a testing spiral... as i have done in the past

I would recommend that you do not test every few days or weeks... as I hove done in the past

the danger is that you will get addicted to testing and will not believe the result at 12 week and will live the life of an hiv positive person without actually being positive

this is a very dangerous path to follow. stop the testing now until you are at 12 weeks and then believe in the result, celebrate and forget about it. i am working on it too!

pozdrowienia

Offline sikoro

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 12:09:16 pm »
I lost the condom during sex. But I was completely drunk. I don't remember much. The situation lasted not very long. I remember I slept next to her after and when time was out she woke me up and said time to go. It was the worst and the shortest sex in my life!!!!! And now I'm so much afraid about consequences! It would be ridiculous and ironic if it finishes the way I have never ever imagined during the worst nightmare!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 12:14:26 pm »
As you have just found out, excessive drinking and sex don't mix. If you lost the condom on withdraw, then you don't need to be tested. If you don't remember, test at 12/13 weeks. You might want to have a full panel STD check up also.

Offline sikoro

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 12:52:30 pm »
What you mean by "full panel STD check"

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 01:25:54 pm »
Just to name a few.

• Chlamydia
  • Syphilis
  • Gonorrhea
  • Herpes

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 01:30:51 pm »
sikoro,

STD = sexaully transmitted disease. You might also see it written as STI (sexually transmitted infection).

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sikoro

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 01:34:26 pm »
Sorry, I should know the abbreviation. I did them all - it is OK.

Offline sikoro

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 09:10:18 am »
Hallo to Everyone,

Is there anyone who could tell me how much can I believe the Test HIV Combi ECLIA (Modular E170, by Roche)? (it search also for antigen P24).
As I stated before I did it on 15 Th day and then repeated on 20Th day.

How accurate may be the other tests I did? I mentioned them at the beginning!
Can I believe them? I know the official 3 months stated by WHO. But as you mentioned before vast majority of people seroconverted and tested positive by 6 weeks. What that depend on? Can I be one of the exceptions?

I know that I might be a little bit boring but I'm SCARED! I live in Belgium alone (I came from Poland), I don't know how the medical system works exactly here. I don't know whom can I ask for any help! Next week I go for my wife (she knows everything, and forgave me - I couldn't cause her any danger).

It has started the 8th week after the contact, I still feel terrible, yesterday I got enormous pain in my throat, higher body temp again. I received antibiotics from my doctor. When I told him about my problem he ignored it and threaded me as a silly person.
It seems to be a little better today but when I take into consideration what was with me during 6 weeks after the contact I'm scared. How can I explain 6 weeks of higher body temp, which started 4-5 days after the contact? Is it possible to create it just by stress, depression, feeling guilty, cigarettes (which I haven't smoked for 4 years) which I started to smoke during days and nights?
Will I'll be mad soon? There is still 5 more weeks to wait for!

Please, can anybody help me?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: I'm so much scared!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 09:41:23 am »
sikoro,

You have tested too early to be able to know your accurate hiv status. The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, but a six week negative must be confirmed at 12-13 weeks. As you are unsure of the details of your sexual contact, you would be wise to test again a the end of the window period to confirm your status.

We cannot tell you what is causing your symptoms because no one can diagnose you over the internet. You will have to see a doctor for a diagnosis.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sikoro

Re: I'm so scared!!! Please answer my last post.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 12:56:34 pm »
So all of my tests means NOTHING??

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I'm so scared!!! Please answer my last post.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 01:03:37 pm »
So all of my tests means NOTHING??

No they mean that you have to test again at 12-13 weeks. As Ann said, the vast majority of people who are going to test positive to HIV do so at the 6 week mark. To be sure you need to test at 12-13 weeks.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.