Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:31:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 208
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: PEP HIV HIGH RISK  (Read 14311 times)

Offline PEP

PEP HIV HIGH RISK
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:16:02 am »
Good Morning

Yesterday was one of the darkest day in my life, i was outside and drunk massiv alcohol, then later on 06:00 - 08:00 o Clock i got unproteced vaginal sex with 2 womens with the first one maybe 5 minutes with the other one (i called she Nr1) for 20 minutes.

a fiew hours later i realisd. wat i do, i search the 2 womens for hours and found them, with the first one i was in the hopsital on 15:00 o clock,the doctor did a test with her and its comes negative back, with the other woman i was on 23:00 at hopsital and the doctor did a test, in 1 hour i must go to the hopsital,the doctor gives me today @morning PEP (Combivir +Kaletra) i take it before i was going sleep.

No in one Hour i will go to the hospital, if the test of Woman Nr2 comes negative back how big are the chances that im hiv positiv?

A test show only the last 3 Months

PS
The girls was prostitute.

Thanks for helping

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: PEP HIV HIGH RISK
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:04:47 am »
PEP,

You didn't have a high risk, you had a medium to low risk. Even if the woman's tests comes back hiv positive, the chances are very slim of you becoming infected from a one-off (yes, I realise there were two women). Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. You should not continue taking PEP if the second woman's test comes back negative. I expect you to ultimately test negative, regardless of the woman's status.

You need to learn from this incident and stop having unprotected intercourse.
You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline PEP

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 09:01:54 am »
Hello Ann

thank you very much for your supporting, what you say ist true only true , i dont have much sex, maybe 1 -2 time in the year, yesterday i trunk like a horse, for me its finish now, never alcohol again, it killls your brain.

Im a single Man and its a shame what happen but im only a Man.

Im now back from hospital the result of the 2 womens:

Woman Nr1

HIV Test negative
HEpatitis B negative
Hepatitis C negative

Woman Nr2

HIV Test negative
HEpatitis B negative
Hepatitis C negative

The doctor says i can stop the PEP, i hope i have now a good change to become a negative HIV Tests, the period is 3 months maybee one of the girl infect. last 1 or 2 month, but the doctor says the chance is small.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 09:18:32 am »
I agree with Ann (and your doctor) that the chances of your becoming infected are very low. To be absolutely certain of your HIV negative status you need to re-test at 13 weeks to be certain.

I don't see taking PEP to be warranted in your case. However, you do need to learn from this experience. You can have intercourse with anyone you choose to as long as you do it the safer way. That means always without exception using condoms. And of course mixing sex with excessive drinking is a very dangerous combination because it affects your ability to choose safer sex and use condoms.

I expect you will test negative when you re-test at 13 weeks.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:12:35 am »
Hello Ann and Andy

thanks for the answer, what i now is that the HIV Tests of the 2 Girls was negative last night and today,but maybee one was infected last month ago, the test shows only the last 3 months.

I hope you are right ann and Andy and my change to come out negativ is not small. ::)

I hope to stop the PEP was not a bad idea. ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:04:54 pm »
Ultimately the ONLY negative HIV test result you can rely upon is your own when taken at the proper time after a risk: 13 weeks.

I don't think PEP is necessary for you.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:36:22 pm »
You didn't have a high risk, you had a medium to low risk. Even if the woman's tests comes back hiv positive, the chances are very slim of you becoming infected from a one-off (yes, I realise there were two women). Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. You should not continue taking PEP if the second woman's test comes back negative. I expect you to ultimately test negative, regardless of the woman's status.

yep the test of the second woman comes negative back today and i stopped the PEP.

Thanks for the support i hope it was not a wrong determination to stop it ::)

Ultimately the ONLY negative HIV test result you can rely upon is your own when taken at the proper time after a risk: 13 weeks.

I don't think PEP is necessary for you

ok im from outside not from usa, the hospital tells me that they make a PCR with me after 15 Days and ofcourse a Test 13 weeks after this blackday
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:41:41 pm by PEP »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 01:46:25 pm »
Just so you know, the PCR was never intended to be a diagnostic test. Because of its high level of sensitivity it sometimes yields FALSE positives.

Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 01:58:24 pm »
Just so you know, the PCR was never intended to be a diagnostic test. Because of its high level of sensitivity it sometimes yields FALSE positives.

No i dont know this, the doctor says he will make a PCR Test  ??? i was on google now in Germany, Austria , Switzerland etc where im from they say a PCR Test after 15 Days is ok.

Hm its really different between Europe and US.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 02:20:35 pm »
Assuming you test negative you still need to re-test at 13 weeks for a conclusive result.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 04:57:24 pm »
Assuming you test negative you still need to re-test at 13 weeks for a conclusive result.

ok thanks andy, i will try to sleep ,im now min. 72 hours alert, its horrible what alcohol can make with me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 07:53:42 pm »
Some sleep will help for sure.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:09:06 am »
Hello Andy and Ann

yes waked now up short night again but easy.

I have one question more maybee you can help me:

The doctors did a Combotest for HIV (AK + P24) for the 2 womens, is this correct that this maybee means if one of the girls infected in the last 4 weeks the P24 where be positive?

regards

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 08:34:37 am »
PEP,

Yes, the p24 antigen test will pick up an infection in the first few weeks. Once antibodies begin to be formed, the p24 antigen disappears.

There are two different types of PCR tests; DNA and RNA. The only PCR test that should be used as a diagnostic test is the RNA. An easy way to remember which is which is to pretend the D in DNA stands for DON'T. The problem with using PCR testing is that no matter what the result, it still has to be confirmed with standard antibody testing, and Western Blot if the antibody test is positive. There really is no short cut to hiv testing.

If you want to read more about the various tests, see theTesting Lesson that is linked to in our
Welcome Thread - which, incidentally, you should have read before posting.

I absolutely do not expect you to end up positive over these incidents and under the current guidelines (in Europe as well as in the US), PEP is not recommended for the insertive partner when the receptive partner is not known to be hiv positive. You don't need PEP.

Ann
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:38:33 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline PEP

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 02:31:07 pm »
PEP,

Yes, the p24 antigen test will pick up an infection in the first few weeks. Once antibodies begin to be formed, the p24 antigen disappears.

There are two different types of PCR tests; DNA and RNA. The only PCR test that should be used as a diagnostic test is the RNA. An easy way to remember which is which is to pretend the D in DNA stands for DON'T. The problem with using PCR testing is that no matter what the result, it still has to be confirmed with standard antibody testing, and Western Blot if the antibody test is positive. There really is no short cut to hiv testing.

If you want to read more about the various tests, see theTesting Lesson that is linked to in our
Welcome Thread - which, incidentally, you should have read before posting.

I absolutely do not expect you to end up positive over these incidents and under the current guidelines (in Europe as well as in the US), PEP is not recommended for the insertive partner when the receptive partner is not known to be hiv positive. You don't need PEP.

Ann

Hi Ann

thank you very much for the support and help and informations.Yes i think the combinations first PCR Test in maybee 15 Days and a Test at 13 Weeks is good. If the PCR is positive they will make a Western Brot.

Again thanks for the Support its so good to find this forum with fantastic peoples like you and andy!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 02:35:44 pm »
PEP,

A Western Blot should not be done unless you get a positive antibody result. You still have to do the antibody test regardless of doing a PCR RNA. I urge you to not go the PCR route because although RNAs have a better track record where false positive are concerned, they can and do still happen. Your risk isn't high enough to warrant expensive PCR testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline PEP

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:58 pm »
PEP,

A Western Blot should not be done unless you get a positive antibody result. You still have to do the antibody test regardless of doing a PCR RNA. I urge you to not go the PCR route because although RNAs have a better track record where false positive are concerned, they can and do still happen. Your risk isn't high enough to warrant expensive PCR testing.

Ann

Ok thanks for the information,then i dont to it, it was not me it was my doctor who says if im angry i can to the pcr test its one of the biggest hospital in my country with a special hiv department .

Offline PEP

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 04:55:40 pm »
Hi all

First happy Thanksgiving to all , im from europe, but im know it was a holiday @uSa

First i want thanks for the support. a good feeling to find a forum like this one, im so nervously, i check every day my temperature 2 days ago it was hard, really hard, i see red points (like before when i took the PEP for one) day, and I can not describe the feelings are difficult, such as when you love the person  whish cheated you, but was much worse and more intense, horrible feelings are almost unbearable:

Like:

I have dark feelings hurt and I felt
It was a new experience for me, the worst pain was yet if the person you love is cheating, and days before 2, it was similar but much more intensely painful

It is not even have the disease itself, it is the stigma, the fear of hiding the fear of rejection, I have only talked alone with 2 of my friends about it who have turned away from me, and in 2009, where I thought the people a Basic what hiv terms.

How can people be so mean and which has not even from people of whom you'd expect.

I am grateful for reading and wish you a nice weekend
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 05:47:14 pm by PEP »

Offline PEP

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 01:51:31 pm »
Hello All

sorry that im back, but im freaked out, its the day 24 after unproteced sex,i check everyday my bodytemperature it was always between 97 and 99 °F (37.4 was the maximum ) but today i got a lot of red points on my face see this never before im so shocked i must go tomorrow to the labory to comfirm the hiv i was so stupid to cancel the PEP....

I phoned today with the doctor have a date tomorrow with the doctor and labor, they will make a P24/Ak Combotest and because im a highrisk person a PCR Test the one woman have every day a lot of mens, when she did it witout protection then she did it with other mens, if she is in the primary infection the risk is high to give it to other persons.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:08:36 pm by PEP »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 03:50:03 pm »
Yah, and we still expect that ultimately you will test negative, all of your fears and doubts notwithstanding.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 03:02:03 pm »
Yah, and we still expect that ultimately you will test negative, all of your fears and doubts notwithstanding.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy for your support and helping but i think its game over :'(

Today on my Face red Points and lot of red spots over everywhere on the Head and red Points lot on my left and right hands, in the company the peoples aks me whats wrong with my and what the red points on my face is ........

still wait for test results

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:34:29 pm by PEP »

Offline PEP

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 04:08:40 pm »
Sorry for writing the last post im going only crazy, sorry for that!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 04:28:07 pm »
More irrelevant information no matter what  your fears are telling you to the contrary.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 05:53:33 am »
Hello all

so

one hour ago i was in the labor, they did only a HIV Test Duo (AK/P24) after 28 Days from this stupid day.

He says if the Test is reactive im maybee positive if its negative im to 99% with the new Tests negative.

I tell them to send the Results via Email, he says if its negative they send the email if the test ist positive i must go back to labor.

Men im so nervous really really nervous the day says to me how the rest of my life will change, how to say to the family,= friends? , he says i got a change for a negative test but if one of the girls infected 1 month before they are in the Primo Infection Phase and then its really easy to give the virus to other peoples.

Thanks for reading and support.

regards

PEP

Offline PEP

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 05:53:22 pm »
Dear Ann and Andy

today the mail with the results :

Open it

Test after 28 days:

HIV Combotest (Antibody+P24) Negative

Syphilis Test Negative

Doctor says its to 99 % sure that im negative.

but on the net uk says HIV Duo after 28 days is 99.8 % safe , the german pages says after 4 Weeks 60% have a positiv test.

Are my changes good? ???

regards

and nice weekend

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 06:12:39 pm »
Yes, your chances are good that you are going to continue to test negative.

But I want to warn you that we aren't here to babysit you everytime you have another burst of anxiety while you are waiting to re-test. You need to get productively busy with other things in your life. Doing that will make the rest of the waiting time pass much more easily than you may imagine is possible.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:14:46 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 06:35:46 pm »
Yes, your chances are good that you are going to continue to test negative.

But I want to warn you that we aren't here to babysit you everytime you have another burst of anxiety while you are waiting to re-test. You need to get productively busy with other things in your life. Doing that will make the rest of the waiting time pass much more easily than you may imagine is possible.

Cheers.

Hi Andy

you mean that a positive test result is possible, i know this it can happen!the change is here!

yes i know this , the only thing that i can do is to change the lifestyle, that means no more exessive alohol to safe me and the other persons.And i do it now! since this happen i change my lifestyle no more exessive alkohol!

And 2nd i want thank you and Ann for the fantastic support, i think its not easy to support paranoia people like me !

regards

PEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 06:42:50 pm »
Assuming you get a negative result at 6 weeks that is very unlikely to change to positive at 13 weeks.

You need to get busy with other things in the meantime. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 06:46:02 pm »
Assuming you get a negative result at 6 weeks that is very unlikely to change to positive at 13 weeks.

You need to get busy with other things in the meantime. No kidding.

??

Hello Andy

i unterstand now what you say

But again thanks for the supporting!!!!!!

I will dont post again here you mean this i understand you!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 04:55:45 am by PEP »

Offline PEP

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2009, 12:18:36 pm »
Dear Ann and Andy

first i wish you all a Happy Christmas and a good time with your family and friends.

I think i must wait with the Endtesting and begin new with them because a new bad thing is happen, but this time i didnt drunk alcohol ( i stopped with this bad drug) and this time i use a condom but a new misstake happen, the vaginal sex was for 5 minute , before the act begins she ask me if we use a condom, i say of course what else, she put in on and we had vaginal sex and then after 5-10 minute i put the penis out and was shocked the condom was no more there. ::)

What a Ironie i use this time a condom and then at the end it was not on my penis.

That means i must wait 8 weeks more to make the Test because this stupid thing is happen, i read only 1 % is the chance the the condom slipp off, and it happens to me, i buy the durex condoms and take it everytime in my jacket.

What happen is happen ::)

Again happy Chrismas and a happy new year. Im happy when 2009 is over

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 01:16:23 pm »
Not infrequently when the penis is withdrawn the condom ends up staying the vagina. So the likelihood is that you were protected during intercourse this time and it was the withdrawing which pulled the condom off.

It's wise to get tested at 13 weeks from the event and I continue to expect you will test negative ultimately.

It's very good to hear that you are using condoms consistently and avoiding excessive alcohol.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 01:34:26 pm »
Not infrequently when the penis is withdrawn the condom ends up staying the vagina. So the likelihood is that you were protected during intercourse this time and it was the withdrawing which pulled the condom off.

It's wise to get tested at 13 weeks from the event and I continue to expect you will test negative ultimately.

It's very good to hear that you are using condoms consistently and avoiding excessive alcohol.

Cheers.

Hi Andy

thanks for answer

yep no more alcohol everybody makes misstakes but we must learn from that. and i learn!;-)

I dont know how long it was unproteced i only know for 100 % that we use a condom i say ONLY with Condom and its really no different the "feeling" with or without condoms, no more problem for me but thats the life nothing is 100 % i put it out and the condom was away .

I was in the AIDS Hilfe in our Country learn a lot of People with HIV it was good to talk with them there where young, old, hetero, gays with hiv and i admired how good they life and how powerfull the peoples are i learn a 20 years old girl with HIV she was so powerfull and has so much energy a good lession to me how to see the life , the moments and everything else ;D

Im a really liberal modern man i hate peoples with stigma i respect everyone and make no different ;-)

Again Andy and Ann i wish you nice Christmas and a good Start with the year 2010 im going for 6 month to the USA, since im young i love the USA and hope your Crysis going over .

Regards from how bush says " the old europe " ;-)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 02:31:43 pm »
You have a good attitude and as I said I expect you to come out of this latest happening ok.

Enjoy your visit when you come to the US.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 02:16:34 pm »
Hello Guys everything ok?

A fiew weeks and then i will go testing after the last "act" in December

Something is happen since the last act with slipped condom (unproteced Sex 5 min?), after 25 days i had a large lymphnodes on the right side on the Groin with pressure + rash + really problems with urination that means i have infected me with some sexually transmitted disease.

No Fever, no flu , no rash on the upside of the body

I ask the Girl if is it ok to make a HIV Test,she says "no never" she don't want make a HIV Test .

Can the Lymphnode Swelling + rash there on the Groin be the only acute HIV Syndrom?

Must still wait for Testing and would be great if someone can answer me .

regards

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 02:22:10 pm »
No.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 02:37:35 pm »
Swollen lymph nodes are not an HIV- specific occurence. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor. Don't finger or handle them because doing so can create a problem.
Andy Velez

Offline PEP

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 02:42:49 pm »
ok thanks guys.

i never finger or handle them it was automatic. there really swollen lymphnodes on the right side with red points + really problems to go to the toilette.

I will do a full std. test incl. HIV

Again thanks for fast replay.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 04:09:28 pm »
And I continue to expect you to test negative.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.