Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:58:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 227
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Really Need Help,Andy and Ann, help!  (Read 9289 times)

Offline wavefan

Really Need Help,Andy and Ann, help!
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:45:03 am »
hello all,

firstly please forgive my poor english, i hope you can understand me.

I have receved a unprotected oral sex from a CSW(female) 5 weeks ago, and when given the blowjob, the CSW have water in her mouth.

Before her give me the blowjob, she used a wet tissue to wipe my urethral orifice--wipe the INSIDE of of the urethral orifice--the MUCOSA part to clean the secretions,she did that with some strength and i can fell a little pian of my urethral orifice(INSIDE),but i can't see any wounds on my urethral orifice and also no bleeding.

So,what is my risk of infected by hiv and should i take a test?
thanks for you answer.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Really Need Help,Andy and Ann, help!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:49:28 am »
Wave,

Getting a blowjob, regardless of the details, is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you won't be the first.

Along with reading the Transmission Lesson linked to in our Welcome Thread, here's what you need to know in order to protect yourself from hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER A BLOWJOB, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wavefan

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:01:01 am »
Well,thank you Ann!

But I want to make sure that even though there really hvae some tiny tiny but no bleeding  wounds on the MUCOSA part of my urethral orifice, I still have no risk.

Am I right?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:14:58 am »
Well,thank you Ann!

But I want to make sure that even though there really hvae some tiny tiny but no bleeding  wounds on the MUCOSA part of my urethral orifice, I still have no risk.

Am I right?

Unless you are sticking something in your pee hole, which I doubt and hope you are not, you should not have any "wounds" there.

To answer your last question, yes you are right you still have no risk.  Absolutely none!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:37:56 am »
Read this carefully: All details notwithstanding, in the entire history of the epidemic not a single guy has ever been infected through getting a blowjob.

Uncountable trillions of blowjobs later, it's safe to say that even with your worried bits, you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline wavefan

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:45:47 am »
    Unless you are sticking something in your pee hole, which I doubt and hope you are not, you should not have any "wounds" there.

To answer your last question, yes you are right you still have no risk.  Absolutely none!

hi skeebo,thank you for you reply,
But:
"Unless you are sticking something in your pee hole", do you means like earring on the ear?

Offline wavefan

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:50:57 am »
Andy,
thank you , I fell less nervous now.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 04:28:08 pm »
You're welcome. You have no cause for concern.
Andy Velez

Offline wavefan

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:24:34 pm »
Andy and Ann,
One more thing, why you guys tells almost everynoe that enev in any situation,the unprotected oral sex has no risk, which is quite different from what the cdc tells us?

please answer me.thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 08:36:43 pm »
wave,

The CDC is funded by the Bush "Abstinence Only" administration. They don't want you to have sexual relations outside a heterosexual marriage. They're biased. They don't base all their opinions on science. We do. It's up to you who to trust.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wavefan

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 04:38:05 am »
Ann and Andy,

Sorry for keep asking.

Here is another question: what if there is tiny wounds on the mucosa part of my urethral orifice,and also there maybe have tiny bleeding wounds in CSW's mouth.

In this situation, what's my risk? And when given the BJ, the CSW have water in her mouth, could this resuce the risk?

I am sorry again to keep asking.But in Chinese there is a word:"恐友",which means those people who are very nervous and worry and anxious,afraid be infected by the this virus.Now, I am one of them.....And I really want a peace of my mind,I wish i could stop thinking it.....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 04:42:42 am »
wavefam, I knew it wouldn't be long till you started the same thing here as you did on MedHelp. So knock it off.

Offline wavefan

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 04:56:27 am »
Sorry, too nervous.....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 05:02:10 am »
wave,

These "tiny wounds" you're worrying about don't matter. Why? Because saliva is NOT infectious. Not only is it not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

You didn't have a risk when you got your blowjob. Not one person has ever been infected through a blowjob and you will not be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wavefan

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 05:45:52 am »
I understand now, thank you, Ann. You helps a lot, really.

Offline wavefan

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 09:31:13 am »
hi Andy,Ann,

(1). If you can see any detials what i did maybe could put me in risk, you will point it out at once in a directly way and tell me to take a test, right?

(2). And you have considered all the details and assumptions,then told me what i did is exactly NO risk,right?

Can't stop thinking that....the anxity almost kills me...

And Ann,Rod,please don't time me out,please...

By the way, Ann, I have read your blog, I respect you,you really did the great thing here,you helped a lot people the get through this.Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:08:47 am by wavefan »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:12 am »
Wave,

If we thought you had a risk, yes, we'd tell you and tell you to test. NOTHING you did or had done to you put you at risk for hiv infection and you don't need to test over this blowjob.

Keep posting about this no risk blowjob and you WILL be timed out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wavefan

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 09:33:33 pm »
Sorry Ann,question again.

Last night i remember one more thing.When receiving the BJ,i fingered the CSW.After i fingered the CSW for about 1 minutes, she took out a condom and ask me to put the condom on my finger when i fingering her.

I did not put the condom on and also stoped fingering her. But my figer with her body fluid had touched the incide of the condom about 2 or 3 seconds.

After about FIVE minutes of BJ, I put a condom on and have a vaginal intercourse,BUT i am not sure wheather the condom i put on was the condom with her body fluid--INSIDE.
My question is how long can the virus survive outside the body. What my risk if I weared that condom in the situation that there maybe tiny wounds in the musoca part of my urethral orifice?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:20:22 pm by wavefan »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 10:14:12 pm »
You did not have a risk, one more post about this and  you will get that Time Out Ann told you about.

Please consider yourself warned.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 06:35:10 am »
wave,

Hiv is a very fragile virus. Once it finds itself outside the human body, small changes in temperature, moisture content and pH levels all quickly damage the outer covering of the virus. This outer covering MUST be intact and undamaged in order for it to be able to infect. This is why hiv is not transmitted from surfaces in the environment and yes, your condom was a surface in the environment. You did not have a risk.

As Jan said, if you keep posting about this no risk situation, you will be given a time out. If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself doubly warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wavefan

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 03:08:24 am »
Sorry Ann and Andy, me again.
I know you guys have told me that what i did have no risk.But i lost a lot of weights in these days,it scared me.
I have a question, if i was infected will i begin to lose weight so soon(3months after infected)?

So scared :-X

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 05:14:35 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline wavefan

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 12:48:06 am »
Andy,Ann and Rod:
here is a question,really no ofenes: is there any case you guys thought no risk but in the end tested to be + ?

you guys did a great job here, if this question hurt your feelings , i am sorry, i am not ask that intentionally.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 08:17:22 am »
wave,

You've been told repeatedly that you had NO RISK when you got a blowjob.

If you're concerned about your weight loss, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.