Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:38:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 241
Total: 242

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: icecream hiv  (Read 16600 times)

Offline huiming45

icecream hiv
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:57:11 am »
Hi ,

I have been quite worried about HIV even since i had a small cut on my hand and i visited the massage palour which she only gave me a hand job. I visited their common toilet and touch the shower and door knob, afterwhich i got worried. Now it is 8 week and the test is negative.

But after that i got paranoid about HIV, recently i took a shortcut to my office and i brushed against the bush on my left leg. I felt sometime and  i immediate though of needle stick exposure. I though i got prick by some thorn in the bush. I went back in the night to verify, i used my hand to touch the branch ( which i found not torn but rough surface) of the brush, and i got cut/rubbed by it this time. I start to think if i was exposed to HIV blood.

I want to ask if there was someone who cut themselves before me and bleed alot in the bush, the same spot cut me, is there a risk for HIV, testing needed

Thanks in advance

Offline RapidRod

Re: Possible exposure
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:14:09 am »
You didn't have a risk. HIV is not contracted off of environmental surfaces.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:38:25 am »
This epidemic is going to be around for a long time to come. You need to become better educated about the REAL risks for HIV transmission. Please read our lesson on transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

None of the concerns you have raised are risks for HIV transmission.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline huiming45

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:32:46 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, so am i correc to say there is no risk and i no need testing..even if the person was bleeding badly and cut minutes before i got cut by the bush?

Then why the doctors told me it is very low risk and not no risk.

My situation is the same as cut by barber razor or a cut touching alot blood like in occupation exposure rite, then why is it no risk, thanks

Offline huiming45

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:46:42 am »
The doctor also tells me it depend on the quantity of blood i touch and the lenght of time the blood is there then there could be risk..as my exposure was in the dark (night time) i could not see if there was any blood that is why i am worried if there i alot of blood by the other person who could be hiv positive.. and it cut my finger part of my hand,

please help me as there seem to be conflicting opinons on my issue,

thanksalot

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:55:04 am »
Unfortunately not all doctors are as up on HIV issues as they ought to be. It's understandable that you're concerned when getting conflicting opinions. We're not interested in getting into a contest with your doctor.

The risk he is expressing is strictly theoretical. In the real world of HIV, transmission does not happen in the manner you are concerned about. HIV is a fragile virus. Your concern is all about what ifs and has no basis in the experience of HIV science.  And by the way, that is more nonsense about risk via a barber razor. As for occupational exposure, the potential exposure in healthcare situations via needle puncture is quite different from anything you are suggesting. Like barbershop cuts, garden variety workplace accidents are not a risk for HIV transmission.

Have you taken the time to read our transmission lesson or are you just clinging to your unwarranted fears?
Andy Velez

Offline huiming45

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 07:36:50 pm »
Hii andy, thanks for your reply.

I have just read the transimission mode. It talk mainly on sexual behaviur. Mine is a none sexual type but to quote one sentence there

"Healthcare professionals have been infected with HIV in the workplace, usually after being stuck with needles or sharp objects containing HIV-infected blood"

1) Does my senario equate to the stuck by sharp object?
2) When you say my doctor means theoritcal, it means it could happen but it has not happen from all who got hiv means i still could be infected by this means right?
3)i also want to clarify my fear on the amount of blood because the doctor told me there is a risk if there is alot of blood maybe like size of 4cm diameter circle pool of blood. Muy doctor say hiv virus can survive outside body longer if there is quantity, as compared to one or two drop that is why i am concerned.

i also got cut by the bush branches but it was not actually bleeding out but i can see it is almost going to bleed. should i worry as it is not longer causal contact

i need to clarify these to rest my fears, not need to comfort me if i really at risk, thanks

hope you understand

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 08:23:45 pm »
1. NO
2. NO, because it's not theoretical.
3. Find another doctor that knows what they are talking about when it comes to transmission.

Offline huiming45

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 10:01:47 am »
Hi rapid,

But andy say my doctor mean theortical..could you clarify andy, thanks

so u mean if there is alot of blood, the hiv virus will still die almost immediately after out of body?
does it depend on the viral load in the blood too?, thanks

Offline huiming45

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 11:46:18 am »
Hi

one more question is there a different if blood was on the branches of the plant any different from an inanimated object?, thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 03:42:57 pm »
huiming,

Blood in the environment, no matter what sort of surface its on, is NOT a risk for hiv infection. As has already been explained to you, hiv is very fragile. When outside the body, small changes in temperature, pH levels and moisture content all quickly damage the outer covering of the virus. When this outer covering is damaged, hiv cannot latch onto the very few, very specific types of cells that it infects. These cells are not found near the surface of the skin.

You didn't have a risk either when you got a massage or when you ran into a bush. Hiv is NOT transmitted in these ways. It's transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple. Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Please do not attempt to use this forum to go on and on about your NO RISK concerns.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline huiming45

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 09:15:59 am »
Hi ann,

thanks for your reply

1) So it means i am still no risk if there is alot of blood; will a high viral load increase my risk?
2) When you all mean no risk does it means it has never happen before so no risk or it is not possible scientifically. Becos andy told me my doctor refer to theortical that why i am confused
3)I leave in Asian country where is high humidity and the incident happen at night it was cool and moist (i can feel wet when i touch the bush) does this cause the virus to live longer

Sorry for so may question, i just want to get the detail to calm my fear.

I live in a place where medical standards are quite high but the AIDS conselluers i call told me if blood i alot the virus take longer to die and i am of zero to low risk, i am confused of all these different opinons of HIV

Does CDC say transmission in environment is essentially zero because no cases happen those infected is hard to find them bledding out?

I am confused

thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 11:44:20 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline huiming45

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 02:10:49 am »
Dear RR,

I dont mean to post excessively, just want to conclude if my risk is still zero if then was alot of blood from the person before me and he is poke by the branch 1 minute before me and the person is HIV + and i got poke with little blood from me and this is zero risk even therotical? , thanks

Please answer, thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 04:04:00 am »
How many times do you have to be told you didn't have a risk? You cannot contract HIV from environmental surfaces. End of discussion.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 07:29:14 am »
huiming,

Quite frankly, this is one of the sillier concerns I've ever seen here. You don't get hiv from running into a bush, even if twenty thousand hiv positive people ran into it seconds before you did. And you worrying about there being loads of blood - were you covered in blood? No, you weren't.

I suggest you seek out therapy to get to the bottom of your extreme hiv phobia. We cannot help you with that here and if you insist on coming back with more about this bush of yours, I'll have to insist on giving you a time out. Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline huiming45

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 08:29:41 am »
Hi ann, i guess i am too overly paranoid about this. I am just scared because it was night and i went back to feel the branches in the bush whether there is thorns, there is not but end up i got cut as i felt the branches when i put my hand into the bushes.
I started to think if someone went there to pick up things they drop and they scrap their old wound and blood flow out and later i get cut i could be infected. Then i did not know if my hand was covered with blood as i wipe on my pans once i got my hand out. I only notice the cut when i went to the light few minutes later.

that why i want to know if there was lots of blood on the branch and i cut by it, what is my risk, thanks

Just want to know the worst case senorio as i cannot see in the dark,

hope u understand,

thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 08:52:16 am »
Reread the posting guidelines. The guideline can be found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline huiming45

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 08:56:38 am »
Hi RR,

I know if someone post excessively, can get ban,please dont feel annoyed, so it is a no risk, even with alot of blood.

Am i correct to say if u get fresh blood direct from someone wound with a cut on your self then it is a risk

thanks you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 09:04:13 am »
No that is not correct. You cannot contract HIV off an environmental surface ahbeng.

Offline huiming45

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 10:41:06 am »
hi what i mean is risk if ur wound touch directly a bleeding person                           so u saying i will not get hiv even if lot of blood was on the branch thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 01:05:50 pm »
huiming,

For the last time, you cannot become infected with hiv from blood on environmental surfaces. A branch is an environmental surface.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline huiming45

icecream hiv
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 08:00:08 am »
Hi

While i was at the shopping center, someone pass me some sample of ice-cream and i try it without checking or looking at the icecream, after that i start to be paronoid what if there was blood on the icecream as the man hands has a large uncovered cut wound.

What made me more worried is i got a ulcer and small cut on my tongue about 2 hours old. I also have a wound due to my recent tooth surgery

Also icecream is store in the frozen enironment, and what if the hiv virus still can survive or if his blood from cut landed on my icecream

1) My concern is i did not visually check the icecream before taking it, if there was like some infected fluid like size of 2cm diameter any risk?

2) I am also concern as my wound is 2 hours old on my togue and a small ulcer and i got surgery about 2 weeks old in my mouth still sore

I am really concern as i do not want to pass the hiv virus to my wife

Please tell me frankly if it was any risk for my senario or am i too paranoid

I really do not want to be infected by hiv

Do i need testing or any risks thanks before

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: icecream hiv
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 08:23:46 am »
Huim,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

NO! Of course you cannot become infected with hiv through eating ice-cream. You've already been told - repeatedly - that hiv cannot infect outside the body.

And frankly, yes, you ARE too paranoid. Hiv is spread through unprotected intercourse, not through food or branches or doorknobs or whatever else your fevered imagination can come up with.

We've given you what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection and it's high time you actually took the time to LEARN what we've told you and apply it in your own life. We're not here to hold your hand every time you step outside your house.

I suggest you seek out counseling to get to the bottom of your irrational hiv fears. We cannot help you with that here and if you insist on coming back with more of this crap, you'll be given another time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline huiming45

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 11:04:46 am »
thanks Ann,

just to confirmed if the blood was present and fresh like 5 seconds the person pass to me to eat, and my oral wound and ulcer present still not risk, please help as i know oral sex with wounds has little risk right.

Is mine same as oral sex senario? and i saw a recent report say child got hiv from prechew food, what your views on this?

If i got blood on my food, isnt it same as prechewed food?

thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 12:17:40 pm »
You were also told in another forum that at not time were you at risk. The answers are not going to change.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 12:27:43 pm »
H, once again you are worrying absolutely needlessly about HIV.

In re-reading all of the exchanges with you from the past and up to the latest, you've convinced me that you need to see a therapist or other professional. You have an unwarranted fear about HIV and none of what is said to you about what is risky and what isn't seems to make any difference. Nor do you transfer that information from one experience to the next one.

We can't help you with those fears here. You haven't had anything happen which put you at risk for HIV. But I think you need some help with sorting out what is driving your unwarranted fears.
Andy Velez

Offline huiming45

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 08:25:42 am »
Hi andy,

So can i say there is risk only if i got a bleeding wound and fresh blood get in my mouth to cause at least some risk?

thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 09:00:29 am »
huim,

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.