Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:39:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 208
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: How much risk am I in?  (Read 59382 times)

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
Re: How much risk am I in?
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 03:41:11 am »
True, they will pick up a positive result, but what I've heard is that it sometimes does not pick up early infection as good as a blood test that gets sent back to a lab.

Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 08:29:32 am »
Justin,

All the tests in use today will normally pick up an infection by six weeks. The ones that might pick up an infection in the first few weeks are ones that also include p24 antigen testing. Some rapid tests do, some don't. You'll have to ask at your clinic what type of rapid test they use and if their blood tests even include p24 testing. While most tests today do, they don't all.

Even if a tests comes positive on the p24 portion, you will still have to wait until enough antibodies are formed for both a standard antibody test AND a Western Blot test to be positive before you can have a definite positive diagnosis.

Unfortunately, there are no short-cuts to hiv testing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2011, 04:01:53 am »
Thanks Ann :)

Its time to get tested again, so I wanted the most accurate test.  I read online that the tests that combine a P-24 antigen test with a standard antibody test are called "fourth generation hiv tests."  Is that what I should ask for at the clinic?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2011, 04:17:20 am »
Thanks Ann :)

Its time to get tested again, so I wanted the most accurate test.  I read online that the tests that combine a P-24 antigen test with a standard antibody test are called "fourth generation hiv tests."  Is that what I should ask for at the clinic?

Generally speaking you do not get to "ask" for a particular test. Whichever assay your clinic uses, it will be perfectly adequate for your purposes.

MtD

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2011, 01:48:47 am »
Two days ago I had safe sex with a guy, but after it was over I started to wonder if everything that went on was safe.  As far as I know, he's neg, but that doesn't mean much since guys can lie.  While we where making out totally naked, I was on top of him, my hard penis was pressed up against his asshole.  It was right up against it, pressed against it, but it was not in his ass.  This went on for about 10min.  While making out, I also did slow pumps on his ass.  My penis was never in him, but I did feel the pressure of his asshole on my penis head.  I'd say half the penis head might have been in there at times.  Maybe 1/2" to 1" was in him?  Definitely less than 1" was in him.  So, was I at risk?  Once I was going to fuck him, I put a condom on.  But, all that pressing against his ass has me worried.  Was I at risk?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:52:58 am by justinsucks »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2011, 02:54:14 am »
Move along, you never had an exposure.

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2011, 03:17:18 am »
Ok, thanks Rapid Dog.  I still plan to get tested in Jan, since that will be 6 months since my last test.

Now that I'm here, I might as well bring up something that I was wondering about.  The last time I got tested I talked to the counselor about the window period for the tests.  He said it depends a lot on the individual, mostly how good his immune system is.  He said a healthy person will likely test positive much sooner because his body will attack the hiv virus quickly, creating antibodies.  A weak immune system will take longer to attack the hiv virus, so it would take longer for antibodies to show up.  It takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months for antibodies to show up.  The time it takes for antibodies to show up depends on your immune system?  Is this true?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 03:21:04 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2011, 08:52:00 am »
Justin,

Of course it depends on your immune system. It's a no-brainer. Your immune system is what creates antibodies.

The only thing I disagree with the counsellor over is that most people will create detectable antibodies by six weeks. The window period remains at three months to catch the rare person who takes a little more time.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:24 am »
I'm back :(

Well, the good news is that I've been having safe sex.  Last week I was tested and of course, I was neg.  It was nice to get tested while being very confident I was neg.  That's the good news.  Bad news is tonight.  Well, semi bad news.  I met a guy I had been talking to online for months.  We did not have anal sex, we just messed around.  Lots of kissing, oral, etc.  We both just teased each other, rubbing our hard cocks against our asses.  All that I know is safe, no penetration.  Then I go on top of him to kiss him. I sit back and his hard penis was in the perfect position to slide in my ass!  About half his penis was inside of me for about a second.  It was out as fast as it was in!  The thing is that it was IN me.  The worst part is that this was during the teasing phase.  I'm guessing he likely had precum on his cock head since he was horny from the teasing. My fear is that he had precum on his cock head when it was jammed in my ass bare :(  Was I at risk?  I'd say about half his penis was in me for a second.  It was in and it was out as fast as it went in.  No fucking went on, just lots of oral.  Am I at risk? I'm starting to worry :(

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:45:38 am by justinsucks »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2012, 03:36:47 am »
I'm back :(

Well, the good news is that I've been having safe sex.  Last week I was tested and of course, I was neg.  It was nice to get tested while being very confident I was neg.  That's the good news.  Bad news is tonight.  Well, semi bad news.  I met a guy I had been talking to online for months.  We did not have anal sex, we just messed around.  Lots of kissing, oral, etc.  We both just teased each other, rubbing our hard cocks against our asses.  All that I know is safe, no penetration.  Then I go on top of him to kiss him. I sit back and his hard penis was in the perfect position to slide in my ass!  About half his penis was inside of me for about a second.  It was out as fast as it was in!  The thing is that it was IN me.  The worst part is that this was during the teasing phase.  I'm guessing he likely had precum in him since he was horny from the teasing. My fear is that he had precum on his cock and it was jammed in my ass :(  Was I at risk?  I'd say about half his penis was in me for a second.  It was in and it was out as fast as it went in.  No fucking went on, just lots of oral.  Am I at risk?  I'm starting to worry :(

Nothing you write puts you at risk for HIV. You might want to think about what seems to be a paranoid attitude about HIV infection and make naked grinding arrangements accordingly.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:43 am »
Nothing you write puts you at risk for HIV. You might want to think about what seems to be a paranoid attitude about HIV infection and make naked grinding arrangements accordingly.

Since I don't fuck bare anymore, I get a lot of pleasure off just teasing, I love to rub my bare cock on his ass and pump his butt cheeks.  When we actually want to fuck, we obviously use condoms.  But should I give up on the teasing/body grinding?  I don't want to risk a cock sliding in on accident again, even for a brief second :(

Body grinding, cocks pressing up against your/his ass, maybe even a cock sliding in on accident for a second... all this you say is not a risk?

Also, if he jerks off in the end and cums on his chest, then I use his cum as lube to jerk off, does that put me at risk?  The reason why i ask is because if I use his cum as lube to jerk off, then there's a chance a small amount of his cum could get into my cock head hole as I jerk off.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:07:10 am by justinsucks »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 04:37:17 am »
Since I don't fuck bare anymore, I get a lot of pleasure off just teasing, I love to rub my bare cock on his ass and pump his butt cheeks.  When we actually want to fuck, we obviously use condoms.  But should I give up on the teasing/body grinding?  I don't want to risk a cock sliding in on accident again, even for a brief second :(

Body grinding, cocks pressing up against your/his ass, maybe even a cock sliding in on accident for a second... all this you say is not a risk?

Also, if he jerks off in the end and cums on his chest, then I use his cum as lube to jerk off, does that put me at risk?  The reason why i ask is because if I use his cum as lube to jerk off, then there's a chance a small amount of his cum could get into my cock head hole as I jerk off.

First off, using his cum as lube does not put you at risk. HIV simply cannot remain infectious after it is exposed to the environment. Not even for a second.

Next, if you continue to tease, you will invariably have a cock slide into you from time to time. If this is unacceptable to you, then insist on a condom before aforementioned grinding happens.

What you describe is called "dipping." It is low risk, but not NO risk.

You want NO RISK? Use a condom for grinding, teasing, whatever. While I certainly ndo not expect you to test positive over this situation, other STDs are easily transmitted this way. PLEASE get a STD panel done regularly.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 04:48:19 am »
First off, using his cum as lube does not put you at risk. HIV simply cannot remain infectious after it is exposed to the environment. Not even for a second.

Next, if you continue to tease, you will invariably have a cock slide into you from time to time. If this is unacceptable to you, then insist on a condom before aforementioned grinding happens.

What you describe is called "dipping." It is low risk, but not NO risk.

You want NO RISK? Use a condom for grinding, teasing, whatever. While I certainly ndo not expect you to test positive over this situation, other STDs are easily transmitted this way. PLEASE get a STD panel done regularly.

*sigh*  I should just stop the teasing aspect of sex.   See, two years ago I occasionally had bareback sex.  It was highly enjoyable. I had a horrible risk and after that I decided to not have bareback sex anymore, that's why all that bare grinding was so enjoyable.  It was something at least, but, even if its a small risk...  *sigh*  I should eliminate the bare grinding also :(

I get tested regularly.  I get a full STD test for all STD's twice a year and get tested for hiv every 3-6 months.   Usually every 3 months.  My last test was on March 14.

Also, I goggled "dipping."  It wasn't really dipping.  Dipping sounds like when guys purposely slide it in a bit bareback.  Maybe even do a few pumps then take it out.  Or slide in, kiss, leave it in, then slide out.  Stuff like that. For me it was different.  It went in on accident, I noticed and it was out as fast as it was in. It all lasted about a second.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:01:59 am by justinsucks »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2012, 01:09:59 pm »
Listen, you know what you need to do to stay negative.

Yes, the risk for dipping is very, very low. And yes, it does feel good slipping it in bare.

But remember, pleasure is momentary. HIV is forever once you are infected. So we're talking about your health and your life.

From what you have written you're kinda playing around the edges of risk. You're the one who has to be responsible for your health. It would be a sad thing for you to after the fact have to say "why did I ever put myself at risk that way."

But you're the only one who can keep that from happening.

Given what you have reported of this latest event I do think it is likely you will test negative. 
Andy Velez

Offline justinsucks

• Standard
What does a creampie look like?
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2012, 05:57:10 am »
I'm in a monogamous relationship.  We've been fucking bareback for the past year or so.  Everything was great till 2 weeks ago.  He got home drunk and was really horny.  That part I liked, but the part that worried me was that after about 20min of hard fucking, when I took my dick out of his ass, some white cum like fluid leaked out of his ass.  It looked pretty thick, I'd say that it looked a lot like cum.  But, how could it be cum when I didn't cum in his ass?  That leaves me with two possibilities:

1) He got fucked bareback and someone came in his ass

2) The lube (we used alot - wet silicone based - combined with his bodily fluids created a white cream like substance that looked like cum)

I'm pretty sure its the first time I notice that, but I don't really pay much attention to his hole when I pull out normally.  Lately, I've tried to duplicate the white fluid and I can't. 

What do you guys think the white creamy fluid is?  Could it be lube?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: What does a creampie look like?
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2012, 08:53:15 am »
Am I correct that your main concern is there might have been a diffrent cook in your kitchen ? If so you may never get to the bottom of the mystery of the creampie until you can get your other half to talk about who helped make it .

If I were putting my utensils in a oven that I suspected may have been used before I would keep my utensils under wrap until such time that I was sure other cooks were keeping their mitts off my oven . This is the best advice I can give you because its going to be impossible to judge a creampie over the internet by description alone .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:10 am »
I think this belongs in Am I.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2012, 09:44:26 am »
Justin, until if and when you test positive this is the only forum you should be writing in.

Assuming you're correct about your partner having had anal sex outside of your relationship you do need to get tested. You can do it initially at 6 weeks after the most recent risky incident. If you test negative at that point then there is a strong likelihood you will test negative again for a conclusive result at 3 months. The average time to seroconversion is 21 days.

It also seems you and your partner need to have some conversation about whether you are in a securely monogamous relationship or not. If you aren't then you guys should be using condoms everytime for anal intercourse. No exceptions. Starting now.

You got turned on by his being lusty while drunk. You also need to know that mixing excessive drinking and casual sex is a dangerous combination. It sadly and seriously affects ability to negotiate safer sex.

Sexual pleasure is what it is but fleeting. But HIV is forever and you need to decide whether you care enough about your health and your life to take precautions if you need to.

Get tested and good luck to you. Forget cream pies. HIV is nothing to guess about. If I am scaring you, that's good. You need to wake up to putting yourself at risk. And so does your partner.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:47:46 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2012, 11:25:02 am »
Justin, it's just been noticed that you have prior postings. The rule of the site as stated in the opening thread of this section is that members are supposed to post only in one thread. This is where you should be writing so please do not begin any new threads again. Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2012, 02:22:39 pm »
Of course it wasn't someone else's cum. Semen does not simply loiter around in the rectum for any length of time. It's absorbed if it's not expelled.

What you encountered was almost certainly frothy lube.

However, the fact that you instantly thought that your partner has not been monogamous means that you might want to rethink going without condoms until such time as your relationship is on firmer ground, or until you are in a relationship with someone you trust.

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.