Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:39:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 595
Total: 595

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Did I have a risk?  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Starsurf

• Standard
Did I have a risk?
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:24:13 am »
A guy topped me with a condom and came inside me. He lunged up and down a few times as he came. When he pulled out I saw that the condom wasn't on him and he reached to my anus and retrieved it, he didn't have to go in to get it. I saw that the condom was intact and had cum in it. He said that as he withdrew he saw the condom half way down his shaft. i didn't see that. I was a bit worried that his cum could have leaked out somehow as there was less in the condom than I expected although I realise that guys come different amounts.

A couple of things bothered me: As he was fucking mer it felt good and I thought to myself that it was if I was being fucked raw. I also noticed that there was a wet patch on the bed which I thought might be some of the cum that had leaked out, (could have been lube too).

Was there any risk?
Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Did I have a risk?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:41:08 am »
Hi Star . Its not uncommon for a guy to slide out of a condom as he withdraws . In cases like this there is no risk because the penetrative sex was protected . The description you provided stating he didn't have to go in and get the condom suggest that he slid out of the condom and you didn't have a risk .

If you are uncomfortable and anxious you can test for peace of mind at the appropriate time . You should be having regular sexual health checkups at least once a year anyway , so although you do not need to test at this time for this incident you could test at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results .

Just remember to get checked out for ALL STD's when you get your checkups , some std's can be present without symptoms and are much easer to transmit than HIV .

Continue to use condoms correctly for vaginal and anal sex and you will avoid HIV .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Starsurf

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 04:49:24 pm »
Hi Jeff,
Thank you so much for your helpful reply. I kinda thought that it probably was a no risk situation, but my mind was coming up with all sort of ideas about how cum could have somehow gotten inside me.
I will test as part of my usual routine as you suggest.
Blessings
Starsurf

Offline Starsurf

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »
I recently was having receptive anal sex with a guy. He wore a condom and I kept an eye on this as usual. However at one point I noticed that the condom was on the floor. I estimate he couldn't have been not wearing it for no more that 3 thrusts about 5-10 secs. I thought this is a risk but on the low end. He didn't come in me.

The next day I went to the clinic in London and they said it didn't matter how long that they still would always advise for PEP as it is gay sex and in London.
I have started but don't like to take it and really consider whether the risk warrants it.

Please could I have your assessment of the level of my risk? Thank you

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 07:10:01 pm »
As you are already aware of you had a risk for HIV . The pep guidelines advises that in cases of receptive unprotected anal sex with a partner of unknown status you should consider pep . Its your choice if you wish to take it or not . Pep is effective if initiated within 72 of exposure and pushes the testing window period to 6 weeks after the last dose and again at 3 months to confirm the results .   

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Starsurf

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 12:26:23 pm »
I visited a gay sauna today and looking back there were 2 incidences that bother me. I know that when it comes to HIV it is easy to get caught up in fears and so I come here asking for your impartial assessment.

If a guy withdraws and the condom is still intact on his cock then is it possible that a split in the condom could allow his cum to spill inside but the condom still appears intact? i ask this because a guy came in me but on withdrawal the condom was still on his cock but I could see no cum in it.

The second incident involved being fucked, again with a condom but I had sniffed some poppers (making me a bit fuzzy) and thought I may have seen him take the condom off and then enter me again for the last time. He then fucked me for about a minute before then coming on my chest. I didn't have my contact lenses in and so it was not very clear. I also have doubts because I didn't see him take the condom off before he came, although I am pretty sure he had it on for most of the time but maybe not at the end. I guess this is tricky to assess as who can say when the condom was taken off due to the poppers and my less than perfect vision? I could go and get pep I guess but it don't know if this warrants it.

Thanks for your time

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 01:11:51 pm »
Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 01:15:30 pm »
If you are not sure if you had unprotected sex or not then you must test,you can do so at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 13 weeks to confirm the results. You can read about testing here...

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/HIVtests_5029.shtml

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Starsurf

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 01:29:37 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply. You are right as I don't really know for sure. I'm guessing that if a condom is still intact then this is not a risk and that in the second incident no risk assessment can be made due to the uncertainty, although  as he didn't come in me the risk is lower.

Apologies for the new thread. I did start to post in this thread but a red warning box appeared suggesting that I should consider to start a new thread and so I did.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 01:35:27 pm »
Not a problem. Yes, An intact condom means no risk so if you do test do so for peace of mind only.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.