Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:39:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Just a little more info  (Read 49583 times)

Offline studdmanas

Just a little more info
« on: July 04, 2006, 01:05:08 am »
Hey all,

I am curious abt my last incidence and would like to know my risks of contracting HIV. Last tuesday I met this really cute guy who got me very excited and talked me into going to his place. He was very honest and told me that he is pos. He however was interested in giving me a BJ and stupid me agreed to it.

He sucked me and rimmed me for a few minutes and then we stopped. Now I am extremely worried about contracting HIV. I do have some small abrasions on my penis, and worry that infected saliva can lead to infection. There was no VISIBLE blood involved for sure, but I have heard conflicting reports of possibly getting infected through saliva ( if large amount of it was involved)

CDC informed me that there is a statistical risk and have had a documented case where someone got infected through insertive fellatio( however I could not find one, anywhere on the website). But also, if you check the latest guidelines for nPEP, Insertive Fellatio is at negligible risks and nPEP is not recommended..

It would help a lot if I could get some more perspectives. I am worried and can't get sleep over it.

Studd

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Oral Sex with known HIV positive person
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:08:35 am »
Why do you think it was stupid? That much I dont get.

Regardless what the CDC hotline might have said, there is ZERO evidence to suggest that you can get HIV from getting a blowjob. Moreover, there is a mounting quantifiable database that suggests a zero chance of HIv through getting oral sex, and only a scant, exceedingly small chance from giving it.

Saliva contains multiple properties which render HIv inactive, as well as block HIV from entry into the cells.

There is no need to test over this incident, and absolutely no reason to be worried over it.

Saliva, to put it forth again, is NOT infectious. This is also why you do not get HV through kissing.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 06:00:37 am »
Stud,

You can have all the sex with an hiv positive person you want, as long as you are using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse. Condoms have been proven to be very effective when it comes to hiv prevention and there are hundreds of thousands of couples around the world where one is hiv positive and one is negative who will attest to that fact.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You had no risk in getting a blowjob. None whatsoever.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 01:07:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply..I just have one last question and then no more questions from my side. I have a small abrasion at the urethral meatus, which is at the opening of the penis, not visible easily, as its kinda inside. Now if saliva of an infected individual touches the abrasion and finds a portal of entry, is that something to be worried about?

I know saliva doesnt possess a big risk, however, since virus is found in some people living with HIV, I thought wat abt the guy had small amounts of virus in his saliva, will that be risky with open abrasion?

Stud

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 01:59:04 pm »
Virus isn't found in "some people living with AIDS." Anyone who is HIV positive has HIV in their system.

However, in the entire history of the epidemic, and no matter what details you may consider uniquely concerning in relation to your experience, you aren't going to make history by becoming the first guy to become HIV infected by having received a blowjob.

It simply doesn't happen so you can take a breath and let this go now.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 08:49:55 pm »
I am sorry to post again, but i was going through some of the posts, and encountered myself in a similar situation where small ulcers on the inside of urethra openings and getting a blowjob from a known HIV+ person, wat are the associated risks?

Guys u'll responses are really aprreciated and helps me a lot..

Stud

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 09:16:18 pm »
Studdmanas,

You can spin this anyway you want, but out of billions of blowjobs, you are not going to make history by being the first to contract hiv by getting head.

You are not the only one to have little problems with your penis that you happen to notice after a perceived risk.  Think about all the people with penile piercings and scrapes and irritation from teeth contact and any other scenario you can come up with.

Bottom line: you don't get hiv from receiving a blowjob.  So relax.

Morgan

Morgan Landers

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 08:52:17 pm »
Hi there,

I am sorry to post again. But I am so worried and thought i'd get some help...After three weeks of incident I have a terrible sore throat, that started today morning..and it is getting worse..No fever yet, but I guess the drainage of cold from my nose has caused irritation...
Is there anything to worry abt...is it ARS symptom??

Stud

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 05:43:05 am »
Stud,

How could your sore throat be ARS when you cannot become infected through getting a blowjob or being rimmed?

Unless you've been having unprotected intercourse that you've not told us about, you couldn't possibly be experiencing ARS.

You had no risk of hiv infection when you got blown and rimmed. Period.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 09:38:02 am »
Hey Ann,

Thanks for the positive reply.. I can assure you that i did not have intercourse...only orals, that he performed on me..after the sore throat yesterday, i was running a mild fever the entire night...I am Verrrrrry worried, cried the whole nite, dunno how I am going to face this...All I hope is tht there shud'nt be any blood from his mouth, as I have small ulcers (Balantis) near the opening of my urethra...

Stud

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 11:50:58 am »
Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 02:43:11 pm »
Hey Guys,

I am having a bad cold starting from three weeks, went to the doctor yesterday and he said its either allergies or viral infection...could this be my symptoms..I had a low grade fever for one day, but still cold is there..I am really worried, and losing all my confidence...dunno wat to do?

Stud

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 05:27:37 pm »
Stud,

You have NOT had a risk of hiv infection. Not one person has ever become infected from getting a blow or rim job and you won't be the first.

Just because you know the guy is hiv positive doesn't change the fact that he cannot transmit his virus to you by giving you a blowjob or rimming you.

You did not have a risk of hiv infection. You have a cold. Period.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 05:29:16 pm »
Studdmanas,

I'm reluctant to reply to you because it really seems as though you don't READ the replies given you.

OK, here goes..... YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION. PERIOD.  Whatever is going on with your body, it has nothing to do with hiv.

Sometimes a cold is just a cold.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 11:38:18 am »
Thanks so much for the reply..
I can understand that I am being annoying now, and being paranoid..But after reading all the articles, tht if u have a STI ur chances increases to get infected with HIV, and so forth has got me worried. The minute ulcers at the opening of the urethra, contact with Saliva, and the time period( Also the window period) when this cold like symptoms have started has just gotten into my head..

I am sure there have been no documented cases so far, but all I hope that I should'nt be the first one. Discussing with you guys not only keeps my mind at ease, but also helps me understand the logic of why so it is difficult for HIV to get transmitted in certain ways.

And also it is true what Ann said, that I am worried just because I know the guy was HIV positive...Its my belief that its not the person but the act that puts someone at risk.

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 12:20:07 am »
hey all,

I am back again. I was reading someone else's post and kinda became curious. It will really help if u'll explain logically why a certain risk does not result into transmission. HIV+ person with oral problems sucking someone's dick who has small abrasions on the penis, still a NO risk.

Saliva does contain small amount of virus and mixed wit blood can be a risk...so why is this a NO risk..I know there has'nt been a documented case, but don't u'll think ppl will stop being curious if there would be some way u'll can prove it scientifically and prove us all tht IT IS STILL A NO RISK, I think there would'nt be many of us constantly nagging u'll...lkg for some reply..

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 12:27:02 am »
Studdmanas,

Not only is saliva not infectious, it actually acts to inhibit hiv infection.  Becoming infected with hiv is not like catching a cold.  It's a very fragile virus that needs very specific conditions to infect.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 05:38:51 am »
Stud,

It has been proven and if you'd read the Welcome thread, you would have read all about the studies.

There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but not for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. This shows us two things. One, condoms are very effective for the prevention of hiv transmission. Two, oral sex is much lower risk than previously believed. We now have the evidence that oral sex is a very low risk activity where hiv transmission is concerned.

The oral sex that is a very low risk is GIVING a blowjob, and you need to keep in mind that NOT ONE of the people in these studies who used condoms for intercourse, but not oral, became positive. GETTING a blowjob is not risk and not one person has ever become infected in this way.

The mouth is a very inhospitable environment for hiv - it cannot remain viable and able to infect in this environment. There would have to be soooo much blood present in the mouth to negate the anti-viral properties of saliva that, well, you just wouldn't be putting your penis in a mouth that bloody.

You didn't have a risk!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 09:44:49 pm »
Hi All,

Well I just wanted to inform you guys that it has been a week but my sore throat has yet not gone, and my mlood pressure have drastically increased...I am now thinking that I am turning positive...so I guess I will be the fist documented case of getting HIV thru receiving oral sex.. I am even scared to get tested, the embarassment will kill me..but we'll see..
Stud

Offline lolax42

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 10:11:42 pm »
Hi Stud,
    I'm not an HIV expert at all so I can't give you advice there, but I will say I know what you're feeling about the embarrasment of getting tested. I got my first test last week as well, and it was very difficult to walk into the clinic to get it done.

However, checkout http://www.hivtest.org/index.htm

They have plenty of places where you can get tested COMPLETELY anonymously. It makes it a lot easier knowing those people won't know who you are and won't even ask for your name. It is very important though that you get over the embarrasment and get tested. Even if your situation was low risk, the peace of mind you'll have afterwards is definitely worth it!

Best of luck to you!

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 01:20:56 am »
Studdmanas,

It seems as though the only way you're going to stop stressing over this no-risk encounter is by getting a negative test.

If the symptoms you are having have anything to do with hiv, it would show in a test next week.  Don't be surprised when you don't test positive.

Go get tested and collect your negative result.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 06:14:31 am »
Stud,

You've been posting here now for twenty five days and you have yet to understand us when we tell you that getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. I can't see the point of continuing to try to convince you.

If you'd read through the Welcome thread as you've been repeatedly asked to, you would have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection when you got that blowjob. If you cannot accept this, perhaps it's time to seek the assistance of a mental health care professional who can help you with your feelings about having sex. We cannot do that for you here.

Please consider yourself warned. If you continue to use this forum to wring your hands over your no risk incident, you will be given a time out. Please see the face to face help you need.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 07:36:15 pm »
Ann,

I will not post again for this incidence..I am sorry for tht...Before I end Can u please clarify my last question. When you guys say most ppl who serconvert will do so in 22 days, by tht do u'll mean , they will test positive at 22 days or will start getting sicker at 22 days..

Thanks

Stud

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 08:00:19 pm »
People usually test positive at 22 days.

As far as when someone starts getting sick from untreated HIV, it could be years later.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2006, 04:57:07 pm »
Hi All,

I would appreciate if I could get some response on risks accociated with poppers, so as I can know if i want to involve it during foreplay...Does the risk for insertive partner during oral sex remain same with/without use of poppers? For instance if a HIV + person is sucking a neg person, and the poz person sniffs poppers, wat r the risks? Will he have more sores in his mouth, or will have more blood flow in his mouth or more cuts, and hence will the risk increase?

Thanks, your answer will help us eliminate or minimise the use of poppers

Stud.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 05:02:22 pm »
Poppers, alcohol, and other drugs play no direct role in HIV infection.

They might, however, overrule someone's better judgment and cause them to have unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

If you are looking for scientific evidence to eliminate poppers, you will not find it in the realm of HIV infection.

Welcome Thread

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 05:06:29 pm »
Hence a insertive person in a oral sex still has no risk for HIV if the receptive partner who is HIV + is sniffing poppers? Does'nt it increase the blood flow??..hence shoudnt the mouth be susceptible to more cuts and possibility of blood in mouth? Will this still not transmit HIV to the insertive partner during oral sex?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 05:10:55 pm »
Exactly. There is no increased risk.

Your logic assumes that poppers cause mouth sores. They do not. Increased blood flow is immaterial to insertive oral sex, as saliva contains over a dozen elements which inhibit HIV. Saliva literally explodes red blood cells, and provides an excellent barrier. You will not get HIV through insertive oral sex, poppers or not.

Welcome Thread

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2006, 05:41:45 pm »
lastly, but u do agree that if the HIV + person sniffs poppers, the amount of blood flow increases in his mouth? hence amt of haemoglobin level also increases?..

Stud

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 06:02:06 pm »
There is absolutely no physiological correlation between poppers and HIV.

As with any substance which produces an altered state, a person's judgment might be impaired and unprotected sex might be facilitated. That's as close as you will come to an indictment of poppers, and it also goes for alcohol, pot, and any other substance that can produce an altered state.

The effect of dilated capillaries on HIV infection refers to the lining of the anus and vaginal walls. The oral mucousa does contain capillaries which dilate during the use of poppers, but the protective barriers of saliva render that dilation immaterial insofar as pathogenic transmission is concerned.

Not sure why you seem to be stuck at poppers, except perhaps as a vehicle to fuel your fears regarding insertive oral sex. In oral sex, the only risk is to the person giving it, and even THAT risk is vanishingly small.

You were at no risk.

Welcome Thread

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2006, 06:04:38 pm »
It causes the main blood vessels around the heart to expand to releave angina. It does not increase the amount of hemoglobin level in the body.

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2006, 08:42:06 pm »
Yeah, Sorry to get so hung up on poppers, as the guy with me sniffed it twice...and then I was going thru the details of poppers and understood tht they dilate the blood vessels..hence thought wat abt it oral mucosa..I did'nt notice any blood, but if the capillaries as u mentioned can get dilated, does it mean it will break and bleed? and if there was bleeding u think it would be noticeable?

Stud

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2006, 08:46:55 pm »
You dilate blood vessels,  you lower the blood pressure. No blood vessels would NOT break. You had a no risk situation but yet you want to find a reason to be infected I really don't understand your thinking.

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2006, 02:55:03 pm »
Hello All,

I am back again.. As after my initial sore throat, I was fine for a week..then 2 weeks later on Aug 11, I had abdominal pain,swollen lymph nodes, diarrea, vomiting, severe sore throat, weakness...went to the doc, and he said I have strep...

I have had strep b4 but havent felt so intense b4..Is it possible for the symptoms to come back in 2 weeks? Also, I was going through the " I just tested Poz" site, and if one reads carefully, there have been several instances where people think they have got infected with kissing..So infected saliva in short??
Wat does the experts think?? jkinatl2 do you have any opinions??..

I am still scared to get tested, and dont know wat to do?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 03:03:28 pm »
For one, stay out of the other forums. You CAN NOT get infected by saliva and you have no reason what so ever to test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 03:22:29 pm »
stud,

Stay out of the other forums, ok? You aren't hiv positive and you've got no business over there.

Sometimes people can't even admit to themselves that they've engaged in risky behaviours, let alone admit it to anyone else. Sometimes people don't remember risky behaviour because they were under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. Patient reporting is notoriously unreliable.

However, there have been studies where one partner is positive and one is negative. (the studies are discussed in the Transmission lesson, which you should have read by now) In the couples whose only precaution was to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, NOT ONE of the negative partners became infected. NOT ONE. These studies have proven what activities are real transmission risks and what are not. Regardless of what some anonymous person posts in some internet forum.

Keep it up and you will earn yourself a time-out. You are still under a warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 08:22:11 pm »
jkinatl2 do you have any opinions?

Only the one at the top of this page. My opinion has not changed one iota. And with the preponderance of scientific evidence to back up my assertions, I am confident with that opinion.

You do not get HIV from kissing. You do not get HIv from receiving oral sex.

Welcome Thread

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 06:34:33 pm »
Hey Guys,

Well, I haven't still taken the HIV test though, but have taken CBC just to be sure wats going on..I dont know if CBC can helpful to detect early HIV symptom. Usually my WBC is at 16.2, this time it was less, it came out to be 13.4, and my RBC and platelet count which have always been high is still high..

I am concerned since on Aug 10 I was diagnosed wit strep and I got a swollen lymph node on my left neck, which is apperent now, and have checked with several doctors and all have mentioned the lymph node is swollen..So its just not my speculation.

I wonder, why though..since i got this after 2 weeks from my initial allergies, in other words after 6 weeks and 3 days of exposure..Dont know if its bcoz of strep, or myabe HIV, and its showing up late.. But its been 2 weeks that they have been swollen , but still its not shrinking...so this worries me..
Anyone any insights..

Stud
P.S: Moderators plz dont get mad but help me

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 06:36:55 pm »
CBC is useless in HIV detection. Might as well take a pregnancy test.

And you do not get HIV from recieving oral sex. You just don't.

Welcome Thread

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 06:50:29 pm »
Usually my WBC is at 16.2, this time it was less, it came out to be 13.4, and my RBC and platelet count which have always been high is still high..

So I take it that you have had other worries that weren't connected with this unwarranted worry of HIV? It's kind of funny how some one would know their RBC count is (still) high. I've been a paramedic for 32 plus years and have had more blood tests than you could imagine and I don't know or remember my CBC count or my RBC. Don't you think it is somewhat suspicious for you to remember?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 07:23:06 pm »
stud,

You've had strep throat and you wonder why you have a swollen gland in your neck?

You never had a risk of hiv infection in getting your dick sucked. Get over it and move on.

If I find you've continued to post in this thread - or send people PMs - when I get up in the morning, you'll be given that time out I've been warning you about.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2006, 09:19:23 am »
Allrite guys,

I know i am under warning but i had to tell u'll abt my test results..Common allow one more post and dont block me.. I tested negative today...I cant thank u'll enugh for the support u'll have given me...Especially Ann who has always been so firm in her decision, and yeah jikinat too...

Well, u'll r some wonderful ppl i have known...and thanks again for the continuing support

Stud

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 09:28:47 am »
I did forget to mention tht it has been 2 months, so its conclusive tht i am neg rite??...No need to further test..Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2006, 09:30:10 am »
Stud,

Letting us know your results is fine - but please don't start questioning your result. It is absolutely conclusive, especially considering you had no risk to begin with.

Protect your negative status by using condoms for intercourse, every time, no exceptions. OK?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Hunter

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2006, 01:40:23 pm »
Wow! Hello Ann,

I'm a heterosexual who had sex with a woman who I found out was positive.  I used protection.  But she did gave me oral sex and I wasn't protected.  I read up on it and found out that the risk was basically Nil to none.  Reading your reply and others to the guy who has the same fear - has made me more comfortable as to not being exposed.  I'm a newbie here - I'm sitting here basically bursting in tears laughing because no matter how many times you tell this guy he doesn't get the message!!!    :D     Let me state I'm just laughing at the dialog - because HIV is a serious matter.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2006, 02:18:54 pm »
Please start your own thread and do not post in others. Thanks.

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2006, 04:30:20 pm »
Hi Guys,

I am not starting again, but its been more than 3 weeks and my swollen lymph node on my left neck is still not gone..its enlarged and its visible. I know was diagnosed with strep and, tht wud be the reason, but as i was surfing the net, it seems strep shoud have gone, and it appears on my post triangle of the neck..

Internet has only one diagnosis for enlarged lymoh node, acute HIV infection, I have started to worry again? Does anyone know how long it takes for the lymph node to shrink...its not painful though as it wasa when i was diagnosed with strep, but  it sure is visible.

Stud

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2006, 04:36:53 pm »
See your doctor if it persists. This has nothing to do with HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 02:14:02 am »
Stud,

The internet does not diagnose ANYTHING. Only doctors do that. Go see yours.

You didn't have a risk of hiv infection so what ever is going on has nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline studdmanas

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 12:42:08 am »
Ann,

As u have always been so patient and helpful, I would like to discuss with u abt something...and I am being honest and frank...As you know i have tested negative for one incident that happened in june...Unfortunately on August 7, I hookedup with a stranger again, and he assured me tht he is absolutely negative...He is married and was here on a business trip..so we kinda kissed for sometime, and performed unprotected orals for a while..and when he removed his shirt i saw like really bad rash on his back, i mean most of the back and neck was in rash..I know it doesnt mean HIV but i got scared, and I stopped..

So we were engaged in kissing, and some unprotected orals ( giving and receiving) with absolutey no ejaculation..On August 10 i was diagnosed with strep, and since then my glands have been swollen..

My question to u is, is it theoretically possible to be coinfected with HIV and strep at the same time..and if yes, will swollen glands be noticed so soon, after three days...Antibiotics cured my throat, but wat i noticed after a few days was a few small ulcers on the back of my throat...but they also went off in 2 days..

Now i got tested on Aug 25, 15 days after  i was diagnosed with strep, and 18 days after my 2nd possible exposure.. Well since u mentioned tht most ppl do get serconverted by 22 days...U think in this case if i wud do so, my test result wud be intermediate as oppose to negative..I have no weight loss or anything, or no fever, but wonder, wat wud be the reason of swollen glands..I know strep can make tht happen, but I have had strep b4, and not even once i had swollen glands b4...I know we dont discuss symptoms here, but I really had one doubt if you cud clarify,
If hiv causes glands to swell, will tht be within a few days like 3-5days after exposure, or still it will fall in 2-4 weeks period. As according to my research, when HIV first enters the body it can be detected in the lymph nodes usually after 3-5days, so if so why wudn't the glands swell  by then and wait for 2-4 weeks window period..

Thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.