Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Tested + in August

<< < (3/3)

greg_atl:
Hey Zach!  Thanks for the reply.  I guess a week on meds is better than a week not on them and it has to be an improvement.  No wI have been reading articles on Complara that addresses how effective it is if your viral load is greater than 100,000.  Mine when tested was at 168,000.  I have a Dr Appt on 11-19 so I assume they will do the vampire thing again and draw a lot of blood.  I am really out in Lawrenceville but close enough to the ATL.

Hope you are well.

G

Ann:

--- Quote from: greg_atl on October 23, 2012, 07:33:24 pm ---
OK...I have a question.   I have been on Complara for a week now.  Is it possible to be feeling better this soon?

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. When I started meds, I started feeling a whole lot better within a week. For some people it takes more time, but the fact that you're feeling better basically means that your body is heaving a big sigh of relief at not having to battle hiv 24/7 all by itself. Enjoy! :)

thunter34:

--- Quote from: greg_atl on October 23, 2012, 08:31:40 pm ---Hey Zach!  Thanks for the reply.  I guess a week on meds is better than a week not on them and it has to be an improvement.  No wI have been reading articles on Complara that addresses how effective it is if your viral load is greater than 100,000.  Mine when tested was at 168,000.  I have a Dr Appt on 11-19 so I assume they will do the vampire thing again and draw a lot of blood.  I am really out in Lawrenceville but close enough to the ATL.

Hope you are well.

G

--- End quote ---

Hello, Greg.  Another GA person here on the forums, just FYI.  I don't know what your medical situation is, but I personally go to the Grady IDP on Ponce and get meds and treatements via ADAP.  If you have any questions regarding that stuff, I can help you. 

For the record...I find all those "roughly 3 year lifespan" type statements a bit off putting because, as stated above, you can go a long time with low counts or happen to be unlucky and tank suddenly and quickly.  To me, it's like when people ask about HIV symptoms in the AM I forum....it's rather speculative, and therefore kinda pointless.

But anyway...welcome.

emeraldize:
Hi Greg,

August is my "anniversary month" so I just want to say welcome and great to read that you're on meds and already starting to feel better. Hoooray for that.

Now, about that sunshine....don't be bragging it up about havin' it so good down there that you're actually able to stand in sunshine. We of the chilly North would love to have a cup of sun.  (Now you have a reason to buy a very sexy sombrero as you now belong to Club Meds!)

Em

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version