Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:52:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 163
Total: 164

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG '07 - Welcome Everyone!  (Read 7285 times)

Offline AMG Coordinator

AMG '07 - Welcome Everyone!
« on: September 25, 2006, 10:14:04 pm »
Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to initiate the planning cycle of AMG ’07. First, however, we wish to thank Rocky for his tremendous work and the major success he created in planning AMG ’05 and ’06. We realize he and those who helped him set the bar wonderfully high.

It is our belief that a great AMG ’07 will be the by-product of a bundle of input in the form of suggestions and volunteering for various roles as they arise. Cliff and David NC have both volunteered to assist us and we’re keen on more people offering to help as we move forward.

We’ve decided to start two Threads for the two most important components of the planning process – Location and Time of Year. You may wish to post on one or both and with more than one suggestion. We look forward to receiving many posts!

We wish to express our sincere thanks for your votes of confidence in our roles as keepers of the information funnel and calendar. Bringing our combined past experiences in event planning to make this event memorable, educational and fun is a responsibility we hold dear and see as important.

We have seen AMGs effects on the bodies, minds and souls of those present and hope it attracts at least as many members as ’06. To match up voices, smiles and hugs to those whose words you’ve read is a powerful interaction as many will attest.

With our best regards and intentions,

Ric and Anne
Co-Coordinators

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: AMG '07 - Welcome Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 10:33:40 pm »
Dear Ric and Ann

Thank you both for all you are about to undertake and for getting our AMG 07 underway.

I'm not sure if there is much I can do being so far from everyone and everything..but I if you need help with anything then please count me in.

I would also like to say thanks to Cliff and David for being the first to volunteer their time..whatever their duties may be I know they will do a great job.

hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:46:19 pm »
as of right now, I intend to continue the cd/dvd, but in light of costs, may have to impose a small surcharge (in the range of $3-4 just to cover costs...and that still won't really cover it, but the rest is me)  I hope that is not a huge amount for anyone, but would greatly defray tje next years cumulative costs, which i expect to be bigger....and since we had over 40 people there this time... can be a bit pricey for anyone.

I am so happy to provide this years cd to you all free of charge.  It really makes me proud... Next year I plan to hit up all the makers of disposable video cameras for free cams for us all to include in the video... this years vids are limited as I couldn't have a cam strapped to me all the time.    But there are some great moments.

Still it's about US!  That's all that matters in the end.

Dan J.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:19:50 pm »
I don't think anyone would mind paying something for the cd/dvd. It gets expensive when you make 40+ disc and the cover plus the cost of ink and paper. The cd/dvd is one of my most cherished momentos from the trip. Thanks again for making them for all of us.

You're a class act in my book. & ya better bring that boa with you next year!!!

Dan
(who remembers what it's like to be 23. eventhough that was 20 years ago for me!) LOL

I may be middle aged but I ain't old, yet...

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 03:14:48 pm »
Ric & Anne ......

Consider me if you need someone to help out.  I have alot of free time now that I've got my house together and am
settled.  Anything....just let me know. :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:27:14 pm »
the best thing you, or anyone can do, is to do something you KNOW.... whether it be researching an area... negotiating travel/hotel fares.... coming up with ideas for seminary type things, ... just do it.

I can't say you will get alot of direction as this typically isn't that structured, but you can do whatever you feel comfortable with... everybody can contribute something I think.   Sometimes you just need to be creative to figure out what you can contribute.

Offline chadnla

• Relaxed in SoCal
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 11:35:01 pm »
I'm new to the site. What exactly is AMG?  live in LA so too much sun. thanks.
"I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.