Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:54:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 587
Total: 590

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What Has Rasheen and Malachi Been Up To?  (Read 6700 times)

Offline Rasheen

What Has Rasheen and Malachi Been Up To?
« on: July 02, 2011, 09:26:29 pm »
Hi. I would like to reintroduce myself to everyone. My name is Rasheen and I entered these forums six years ago newly diagnosed and expecting a lil boy. The people here offered a lot of information and comfort at a really difficult time in my life. I gave birth to Malachi who was born without HIV thanks to the medication that I took while pregnant with him. Malachi is now six years old. To be honest taking care of Malachi has been a blessing of course but extremely challenging.  He is hyper and jumps off of furniture and it is hard for me to take him out in public. He throws a tantrum if there is a sudden change in his routine. He doesn't speak in full sentences and he babbles a lot. Fortunately he was just given his diagnosis of severe/moderate Autism. The psychologist gave a recommendation for his pediatrician to prescribe him medication to help calm him down and he will be placed in a special education program. I am excited to see how much he improves. I have him enrolled in an organization that offers assistance to parents with special needs children. I also just gave birth to my first baby girl in February. Her name is Marilyn and is a joy to our entire family. I never thought I was even capable of having girls after having three boys. haha Marilyn was born three weeks early so she was a small baby but she has grown tremendously since she was born. She is a happy girl. I was afraid Malachi would have a hard time adjusting to having a new baby and he did for about a month. Now that he sees that she is here to stay he cant stand to see her with anyone except for me. If I leave her with my mother Malachi has a meltdown. LOL Marilyn is scheduled for her first HIV test next week. I am really nervous because I started treatment late in the pregnancy. I am still taking the same meds that I was on when I was pregnant with the baby. I just had my latest set of labs drawn earlier this week. I have to admit I am facing a tough time remembering to take my meds on time now that the baby is here. I just have so much on my plate. When I go for my next dr visit I am going to talk to her about possibly switching to an easier regimen. I have so much to talk about but I have a  lot to do so I will come back later and post. I missed chatting with all of you guys and I look forward to making some new friends here as well.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: What Has Rasheen and Malachi Been Up To?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 09:32:16 pm »
Welcome back, Rasheen!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 09:33:57 pm »
Thank you! How have you been?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »
Thank you! How have you been?

Splendid!  I was away from here for about two years myself.  I love homecomings!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:50:09 pm »
Haha! Me toooooo!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 09:58:39 pm »
Damn! Rasheen! :-*

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 12:15:21 am »
Although I have never lost touch with you and the family Rasheen it's good to see you back here..so welcome back to the forums, for those who haven't seen Rasheen's family they are a beautiful bunch, just like their Mother, and like she said they keep her busy.

I still can't believe it's been six years since we were all on tender hooks waiting for Malachi to be born..and now he has a wee sister.

I'm sure the guys would love to see a photo of Marilyn.

Aroha to you all.
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 01:56:31 pm »

Rasheen,

Congrats on the little girl, I bet she's a cheerful delight much like yourself.  And, I know you must be excited about Malachi entering the program, I hope for progress as well. 

It's good seeing you back.

Thomas

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 05:40:43 pm »
Raheen sweetie! What a delight to hear from you again.

I am glad Malachai is healthy and getting the good care he needs.

Congratulations on having Marilyn. Keep us posted on how the tests go.

Glad you're back. Since Daddy Tim isn't here to do it, I am giving you a dozen roses, in spirit that is.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:46:19 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 08:53:39 am »
Damn! Rasheen! :-*

MtD

Hey Matty! <3 You! haha!
Raheen sweetie! What a delight to hear from you again.

I am glad Malachai is healthy and getting the good care he needs.

Congratulations on having Marilyn. Keep us posted on how the tests go.

Glad you're back. Since Daddy Tim isn't here to do it, I am giving you a dozen roses, in spirit that is.

HUGS,

Mark

Mark! It is so great hearing from you as well! You are looking great! I will definetely keep you updated on those test results. Thank you for the dozen roses via Daddy Tim.
Although I have never lost touch with you and the family Rasheen it's good to see you back here..so welcome back to the forums, for those who haven't seen Rasheen's family they are a beautiful bunch, just like their Mother, and like she said they keep her busy.

I still can't believe it's been six years since we were all on tender hooks waiting for Malachi to be born..and now he has a wee sister.

I'm sure the guys would love to see a photo of Marilyn.

Aroha to you all.
Jan

You are so right. It does seem like yesterday we were all waiting in anticipation for Malachi's arrival! I will try and post some pics once I figure out how to post them here. Love you Jan.

Rasheen,

Congrats on the little girl, I bet she's a cheerful delight much like yourself.  And, I know you must be excited about Malachi entering the program, I hope for progress as well. 

It's good seeing you back.

Thomas

Hey Thomas! Thank you for welcoming my lil Marilyn. She is doing great.I hope all is well with you and your family as well!

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 08:58:12 am »
Jan, I can't figure out how to post pictures on here. Can you tell me how to do it?

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 10:31:08 am »
Happy 4th of July Rasheen!!!

What a pleasant surprise.    I'm glad to hear things are going as well as expected.  Having kids is hectic enough.  
Add in the HIV equation and that puts even more on your plate.  I'm sure Marilyn will be fine with her test and it's great she's got Malachi watching over her.  At times it might seem a little too much but at least it gives him something to focus on.  It's a great feeling to hear about Malachi.  I've always felt he was kind of a kindred soul and I still hold a special place in my heart for him.

robert

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 11:41:43 am »
Oh My Gosh

Rasheen!  It's been way t o o long.  I can't believe it. 
And now you've got another wee one.  That's wonderful.  You know you were the first expecting mother in these forums and we were all part of your experience.  Malaki is 6?  Good lord where has the time gone? 

Such a great surprise to hear from you.

RAB   :-*

P.S. I can't help you with the photo question.  We can't put them in as attachments anymore directly from our computers.  I think you have to use the "insert image" button on the top and bring them from a site like photobucket. 

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 12:05:25 pm »
Hi Robert  I am looking forward to getting Marilyn's test. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be ok. She is doing wonderful though. We have a very special bond. I love how her face lights up as soon as she sees me and it is so fun watching her reach new milestones. Happy 4th of July to you as well. What are you up to today? We aren't doing anything. It is going to be a hot one over here so we are staying in for sure and I am watching the Twilight Zone marathon. haha

RAB!!! I know it has been waaayyyy too long! I hope I can figure out how to post pictures. I am really eager to show you how much Malachi has grown. I know it is crazy how fast six years past. I don't know what I would have done without you guys when I was having him. I will never forget how loving and supportive everyone here was. How have you been? What was the nickname you had for your partner? It was something funny. I forgot. hahaha

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 12:23:20 pm »
Hi Rasheen! Sorry I'm a bit late to the party but I like to be fashionably late I somehow missed it!

I'm so happy to hear that Malachi is well and getting the support he needs. Give him a big hug and kiss from me, please. He was our first forum baby and I'll never forget him.

Congratulations on your little girl! I bet you're thrilled to bits. I'm sure she'll be smothered with love between you and her big brothers. Woe betide any lad who has to go through all that vetting when it comes time for her to start dating! I bet she's adorable - as are all your children. :)

There's a thread stickied at the top of the Off Topic forum that explains how to post photos. click here If you have any further questions about posting photos or an avatar, use that thread to ask so the answers are there to help everyone.

Don't be such a stranger!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 01:23:14 pm »
Thank you Ann! I will check out the thread in off topic. I won't be such a stranger haha!

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 01:58:30 pm »

This is Marilyn

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 02:11:55 pm »

Offline Cliff

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 02:25:20 pm »
Hey Hun!!!!  Welcome back (although I see you most days on FB)!  Malachi is becoming a little lady-magnet.  Good look with the tests tomorrow!  I'm sure it will be a-ok. 

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 02:46:13 pm »
Cliff!! <3

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 03:25:26 pm »
Just as beautiful as their momma! I can't believe how big Malachi is - and handsome too. :)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 05:11:09 pm »
Rasheen, Malachi and Marilyn are both just flat out adorable.  Such big beautiful sparkling eyes.  Sigh!

RAB   :)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 06:08:05 pm »
Just beautiful and adorable.

Tell Malachi his cyber grandma is sending him a hug... ;D

Aroha to yo all.
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 12:06:45 am »
How great to see you back, Rasheen! I remember your old avatar with your big smile, and have wondered what you are up to these days. Your children are beautiful. It's nice to know that they are doing well as you are.

Hugs,
Creighton

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 10:32:14 am »
Rasheen, how are your two eldest boys doing? They must be nearly teenagers by now.

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 06:40:12 pm »
RAB Thank you! You are so sweet!

Jan I will definitely send Malachi hugs for you. It will be my pleasure. haha!

Creighton! It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you for not forgetting about me and welcoming me back to the forums. How have you been? I hope all is well with you too.

Ann my two eldest boys are doing great. You are absolutely right. They have grown tremendously! My oldest son Mackenzie is going to be 16 years old in October and going to be in the 11th grade! Fortunately for me he hasn't started getting girl crazy yet and he doesn't give me any negative attitude. haha! The only thing he does that drives me bananas is he can be lazy. My second son Ian is now 11 years old and he is about to be in the 6th grade. He is a sweet heart as well. I faced some challenges with him last year because he had a hard time getting along with the other students at his school and his grades weren't too good but we moved and I switch him to a new school and did a complete turn around. He gets along with everyone at his new school and he now has straight A's. I am so proud of him!  :)

Offline Jody

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 09:39:08 pm »
Hi Rasheen, it's great to see you back here on the forums, we've gotten to stay in touch a little bit on fb as well but seeing you back here and those gorgeous pics of Malachi and Marilyn was so nice.  Be well and keep on truckin'

Love to you and your great family,

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.